Diable Merc Option in EW - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Diable Merc Option in EW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#26 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

I never died on purpose if someone killed me they tried reallllly hard! SCOUTS HONOR!!! I was going for those mission thinsg their realll fun except when you get attack core 3 times when its not your chance to attack :P

#27 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

They should definitely disable the option to have mercs though. I definitely want to 1vHero next time!

#28 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

IIRC, the reason we have a 3 day waiting period before joining a new guild is so that people can't rig the EW tournament. Mercenary system completely defeats the purpose of that waiting period.

#29 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

^Its so ALL guilds have EQUAL opportunity. Like Wingless, they ASKED ME to help them. I helped Hero too i don't see the big deal!

They should definitely diable the option to have mercs though. I definitely want to 1vHero next time!

*fixed :P

Edited by Meganekko, 22 January 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#30 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

IIRC, the reason we have a 3 day waiting period before joining a new guild is so that people can't rig the EW tournament. Mercenary system completely defeats the purpose of that waiting period.

Agreed. Not that I don't appreciate the help or the opportunity to assist friends, but I think it's open to considerable exploitation.

#31 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hop hop hop

#32 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hop hop hop

I'd love to do some hopping with you Kimi.

#33 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'd love to do some hopping with you Kimi.

Work it baby, work it.

#34 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

What are mercs and what do they do?

#35 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

Emporia Wars defined: A tournament to determine which guild (or carefully selected group of people) has the most players of varied classes with the best equips/stats with the least laggy computers/internet connections. Sometimes skill/strategy is factored into this.

It's not exactly rigged but it is capable of putting a lot of guilds at a disadvantage. Without mercenaries, it's still going to be the same, except the battles themselves will be more or less interesting.

Edited by OrangeCrush, 22 January 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#36 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

The merc system isn't broken, using personal gear and cakes/eternity pots is broken. But they won't disable that, because they want to sell more eternity pots and insurance scrolls. Basically, winners will always be whoever spent the most IM points. I've accepted that.

#37 Koichimaru

Koichimaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

So much whining in this topic. The war was not rigged. The mercenary system does not put at a disadvantage any guild (as mercs are equal opportunity). What happened was you were beaten. It is that simple. You lost. You lost Emporia Wars. Soul won, get over it; you lost. Try harder next time, and try to improve your skills.

#38 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Since we arent on the T-Board can u provide proof there was more of us than wingless? Or that we were even there? We have screenies showing us at oneman armies match somewhere if u got screenies? And I got screenies of me at Drynoodles

I was in onemanarmy GG bullie

#39 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

The merc system isn't broken, using personal gear and cakes/eternity pots is broken. But they won't disable that, because they want to sell more eternity pots and insurance scrolls. Basically, winners will always be whoever spent the most IM points. I've accepted that.

Now you see why Dragon Saga is a...

PAY 2 WIN MMORPG!

EDIT: Ahahahaha I accidently put H instead of G.

Edited by Coolsam, 22 January 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#40 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Now you see why Dragon Saga is a...

PAY 2 WIN MMORPG!

EDIT: Ahahahaha I accidently put H instead of G.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

#41 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

^You Lol'ing at my typo or wut I said?

#42 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

^You Lol'ing at my typo or wut I said?

Pay 2 Win Mmorpg. No wonder people can pay loads of cash to get up to ... should we say, 16k atk?

#43 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Pay 2 Win Mmorpg. No wonder people can pay loads of cash to get up to ... should we say, 16k atk?

Tell me about it. And how their cash gets them.........something along the lines of, legend Kimarts, or maybe even.. something like, +20 gear.

#44 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Tell me about it. And how their cash gets them.........something along the lines of, legend Kimarts, or maybe even.. something like, +20 gear.

And, just maybe take its backwards ego into a fight, misunderstand the word "team".. and.., lose?

#45 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

And, just maybe take its backwards ego into a fight, misunderstand the word "team".. and.., lose?

Can't think of anything else dude. Wait.....

Maybe, just maybe, whenever people seem to act as a threat towards it, gather everyone to go against that threat?

#46 Koichimaru

Koichimaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Dragon Saga is not Pay 2 Win. Get over yourself. You lost due to your inadequate skills. I know for a fact that many of the people in Soul are highly skilled. Try to contest this. Try.

Tis not cash that is the source of the best Dragon Saga player's skills. No, rather, it is the fact that they have actually practiced and played their classes. They have worked to get better, and they do not whine about losing.

Thus, to all those who are unable to accept their loss:
SHUT UP

#47 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Dragon Saga is not Pay 2 Win. Get over yourself. You lost due to your inadequate skills. I know for a fact that many of the people in Soul are highly skilled. Try to contest this. Try.

Tis not cash that is the source of the best Dragon Saga player's skills. No, rather, it is the fact that they have actually practiced and played their classes. They have worked to get better, and they do not whine about losing.

Thus, to all those who are unable to accept their loss:
SHUT UP

Open your eyes man. Insurance scrolls, randomizers, you name it. It seem's cash is the only way a stacked player gets stacked. Without IM you need to save TONS of gold to even attempt to get similar gear. And Soul vs. Hero without mercenaries would be much more fair and a loss that's acceptable. If you don't believe that this game is Pay 2 Win, then it's your opinion. I mean there are players who make a good example proving this game is Pay 2 Win.

#48 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

Open your eyes man. Insurance scrolls, randomizers, you name it. It seem's cash is the only way a stacked player gets stacked. Without IM you need to save TONS of gold to even attempt to get similar gear. And Soul vs. Hero without mercenaries would be much more fair and a loss that's acceptable. If you don't believe that this game is Pay 2 Win, then it's your opinion. I mean there are players who make a good example proving this game is Pay 2 Win.

I haven't spent anything...

Edited by to0n, 22 January 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#49 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Ive never spent money on this game and i have 7kg(6kg after i dish contest award out), 600 insurance, 600 wp, 2k ap, 20 soul stacks, and weaponless i have more hlt agi and aim than a lot of myrms who've spent real money *looks at bullie questioningly* all saved up for wen drakos comes out. You dont have to spend money in this game. If you wana match up with super stacked ppl farm days straight like me. I did 16 hr days leeching ppl at CL for a few weeks back in thq days.

If you wana be better than others you have to work for it, either in real life so you can spend money on game or in game because like me you believe in not wasting real money on virtual things.

#50 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hop hop hop

LOL +1 for the old school dragonica reference!
I miss Jumboy. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users