Can't get to login screen - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't get to login screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 houa

houa

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

I finished downloading Version: 13.2 Ragnarok Renewal and patched Ragnarok, Valkyrie, and Ragnarok Renewal clients afterwards. When I open up the Valkyrie client and hit the start button, it closes out on me and this window pops up.

RagFree.exe has stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RagFree.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cbb9bd3
Fault Module Name: RagFree.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cbb9bd3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0032354b
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

I'm running this on Windows Vista Ultimate. Did I miss something?

Edited by houa, 23 January 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

I finished downloading Version: 13.2 Ragnarok Renewal and patched Ragnarok, Valkyrie, and Ragnarok Renewal clients afterwards. When I open up the Valkyrie client and hit the start button, it closes out on me and this window pops up.
*window*
I'm running this on Windows Vista Ultimate. Did I miss something?

I know that for someone else with an appchrash issue the fix was to reboot... If you have not yet rebooted after install, you could always try that... No idea if it was related tho :P. Do any other programs give a similair error? Because then it's a problem with your computer...

If a reboot does not change anything... These crashes can also happen when software is blocked by other software (virusscanner, firewall etc), so you can also try lowering your security for a moment and/or update your security software... It can also happen when other software is not updated properly (Vista OS, sounddrivers, videodrivers), so make sure everything is up to date. These are fixes we had to apply at a friends computer for another appchrash error. Also you can always check if running the game as administrator does anything (right click > run as admin).

But maybe it is a more actual RO-related problem, in that case someone else here will know :(.

#3 houa

houa

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

I know that for someone else with an appchrash issue the fix was to reboot... If you have not yet rebooted after install, you could always try that... No idea if it was related tho :P. Do any other programs give a similair error? Because then it's a problem with your computer...

If a reboot does not change anything... These crashes can also happen when software is blocked by other software (virusscanner, firewall etc), so you can also try lowering your security for a moment and/or update your security software... It can also happen when other software is not updated properly (Vista OS, sounddrivers, videodrivers), so make sure everything is up to date. These are fixes we had to apply at a friends computer for another appchrash error. Also you can always check if running the game as administrator does anything (right click > run as admin).

But maybe it is a more actual RO-related problem, in that case someone else here will know :(.

I still get the crash and this is the first time I've seen this crash. Thanks for trying to help though.

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

Try uninstalling the client, then reinstalling it into a folder outside of the Program Files folder, such as the Documents/My Documents or Public/Shared Documents folder.

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#5 houa

houa

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Try the following:

• Update the drivers for your graphics and audio hardware to their latest versions.
  • Uninstall the client.
  • Disable User Access Control.
  • Reinstall the client.
  • Open the client folder in Windows Explorer.
  • For each executable file (files with the â??exeâ?? extension) in the folder:
  • Right-click on the file, then choose â??propertiesâ??.
  • Open the â??compatibilityâ?? tab.
  • Tick (check) â??run this program as an administratorâ??.
  • Press â??OKâ??.

Thanks for the info. I've got the game running now, but I notice that my moves mouse very slow in the game. Is there a particular reason why it's slow and can I increase its sensitivity?

Edited by houa, 24 January 2011 - 08:04 AM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the info. I've got the game running now, but I notice that my moves mouse very slow in the game. Is there a particular reason why it's slow and can I increase its sensitivity?

Google for "Ragnarok Online Mouse Freedom", and put the file you get (dinput.dll) into your RO folder and restart RO.

#7 houa

houa

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users