Renewal Sad for Pure Forgers - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Renewal Sad for Pure Forgers

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

What is there for pure forger if they becomes mechanics. Nothing for pure forger.
Gravity should have given something for pure forger like slotting weapons or forging level 4 weapons. BUT its sad nothing is there
even during trans the pure forger had nothing extra other then upgrading but upgrading can be done even with battle MS.

SO I WOULD SAY PURE FORGER is totally NEGLETED by gravity

SAD :P

Edited by Conjure, 24 January 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#2 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

i dont think anyone would want to max a forger...

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

3-1 class, check. You don't have the right to complain, go play a genetic, that is the intended 3rd class merchant :P

(gravity's opinion, not mine)

Edited by Kadnya, 24 January 2011 - 04:18 AM.

#4 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

Forgers have been neglected for years.
When level 4 weapons came into the game there should have been a quest or skill added to increase the forgers skill range, but it never happened.
Its sad, because i forged a lot over the years and as you quite rightly say renewal has again ignored the forgers and denied them a level 4 weapon forge skill. Not only that, i believe the success chance has been dropped significantly on the existing forge skills that we do have as i don't know many people who can forge anywhere near as well as they could pre renewal.
Personally i only use him now for the odd weapon repair and to vend my gears.

#5 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

Forgers have been neglected for years.
When level 4 weapons came into the game there should have been a quest or skill added to increase the forgers skill range, but it never happened.
Its sad, because i forged a lot over the years and as you quite rightly say renewal has again ignored the forgers and denied them a level 4 weapon forge skill. Not only that, i believe the success chance has been dropped significantly on the existing forge skills that we do have as i don't know many people who can forge anywhere near as well as they could pre renewal.
Personally i only use him now for the odd weapon repair and to vend my gears.

Well about forging success, I dont feel diference.
About negleted for years, yes its there the forger is still living in pre heritage patch. Same skill what was for Blacksmith
Mastersmith nothing extra for pure forger
Mechanics nothing extra for pure forger

I WOULD REQUEST GRAVITY GIVE SOMETHING atleast for pure forger.

#6 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

SO I WOULD SAY PURE FORGER is totally NEGLETED by gravity

You're only just noticing this in Renewal? You're a few years late mate. My pure forger has been feeling neglected for a loooooooong time:

- Alchemist Homunculus added to help them level easily a pure potter. Blacksmith get... nothing, go pay for leech or use mercenaries.
- Sages and TKMs Mild Wind added for endow weapons. Blacksmith elemental forged weapons value plummet.

Personally I still bought and made elemental weapons since I couldn't afford an alt account back then. But yeah... Gravity has been favouring Alchemists for quite a long time now.

Edited by soudou, 24 January 2011 - 04:35 AM.

#7 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

i doubt they gonna unless u put 300k in their pocket up front lol

#8 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:40 AM

You're only just noticing this in Renewal? You're a few years late mate. My pure forger has been feeling neglected for a loooooooong time:

-

I am not late, before renewal I had the feeling that there will be skill like Coin create or Nugget create which is seen in skill simmulater but it was stated not implemented. I was waiting that some patch or episode will come for this skill but sad renewal came still this was not added so may be that was not done by gravity might be of private server. Only hope of this skills was keeping me interested in leveling Mastersmith (Pure forger)
And renewal made me more sad regarding forger.

FORGERS PLEASE START THE APPEAL
Gravity please give something for forger in next patch or episode

#9 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

Gravity please give something for forger in next patch or episode

We know of the next 1~2 years of patches from kRO and nothing seems to be upcoming unless they do some other balancing patch inbetween like for Rangers etc. but Mechanics seem low priority. The only thing I heard is maybe something for ranked forgers such as more VVS damage but I think that has always been there unless they intend to bump up the ranked bonus more.
http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=42076

All thats coming in future patches is probably more forging killers like the trading New World coins to NPCs for weapon/armour enchantments or bonuses (e.g. CRIT, MATK bonuses etc.) next episode and then later further enchanting bonuses from NPC at Malangdo Island.

http://forums.warppo...re-of-ragnarok/

It's pretty much up to kRO these days on fixing things iRO complains about. I know players have complained about Mechanics a lot but mainly for the fact outside forging they're for some reason considered less useful than other classes (don't really play my Blacksmith anymore so can't say why). In the Ustream chat someone said "Mechanic a class, hah", and I think Heim agreed and said "we all know what class kRO loves". There are also complaints about Archbishop being less useful for support as it used to be.

EDIT: But yeah I wish they had added "homunculus" for Blacksmiths. But instead they would be little robots that the Blacksmith makes from steel/metals and aids them in levelling. Would of been nice for pure forgers. That and making forging mean something again.

Edited by soudou, 24 January 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

The smith branch is the class that the asian devs seem to have the least interest in developing.

#11 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Renewal's sad for blacksmith classes in general.

#12 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

- Alchemist Homunculus added to help them level easily a pure potter. Blacksmith get... nothing, go pay for leech or use mercenaries.
- Sages and TKMs Mild Wind added for endow weapons. Blacksmith elemental forged weapons value plummet.

Personally I still bought and made elemental weapons since I couldn't afford an alt account back then. But yeah... Gravity has been favouring Alchemists for quite a long time now.

Homunculus only helps BASE levels. and the homunculus branch is 11 job points total ( vaporize 1, res 5, aid pot 5 - since you fail if your homunc dies or runs out of SP ).

Renewal's sad for blacksmith classes in general.

The BS class just whines too much. A non god stacked BS can out damage a non god stacked genetic 9/10 times. Lets see here, arm cannon - relies purely on ATK so only STR is needed, pile bunker has huge ATK... BS does more damage with less stats.

HP mods, BS gets WAY more HP than genetics.... hell my damn 44 vit SORCEROR gets as much HP as my 100 vit genetic at 150. BS gets hovering, takes much less damage from traps and ETC - avoids ankle snare maybe?

BS gets that slide skill, can slide over traps.... genetics get to run fast and can't avoid traps.

BS gets nuetral barrier, reduces damage, magic damage and takes no damage from ranged attacks... hello GoH / CS, nice to see you are now obsolete against mechs.

The only thing that genetics get that is decent is howling, and the catalyst is stupid rare on non over botted servers, 150-300K per cast and you are lucky if hunting em you get 1-2 / hour. Thorn wall is OK in WoE but costs ~500K - prickly fruit in ymir is ~200K( 200K x 10 / 4 ).

#13 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

You actually got LESS THAN nothing. If you change to 3rd job, you lose your upgrade weapon skill. Forever.

#14 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Homunculus only helps BASE levels. and the homunculus branch is 11 job points total.

Better than nothing :( If someone is going pure forge they can maybe spare the points. Or just use a separate character for OC/DC/Vend which saves a lot of points (with F2P coming up alt accounts will be cheaper too even for Premiums). Plus not sure that maxing the Steel making skills would be essential anymore in Renewal considering the new steel-making skills. I just think it'd be cool and cute if Gravity added little robot helpers. It'd be fun to level up different robots with different skills on a Blacksmith and a big help with at least a part of the levelling. Plus I've always liked the Homunculus concept and was kind of expecting it to be extended for the other Merchant branch someday when first introduced. Not that I think it'll happen anymore though. Not to mention pure forge build is going the way of the dodo anyway, so not a priority.

The Gravity team made some very nice choices with Alchie crafting etc. and Homunculus are cool. But not as many good decisions or options with Smith crafting.

Never played Battle Smith personally. So only really speaking on the forger side.

You actually got LESS THAN nothing. If you change to 3rd job, you lose your upgrade weapon skill. Forever.

:P

Edited by soudou, 24 January 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#15 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Famous.i wish we will have changes such as in RO2 a new kind of forging inRO2 i seriously want to play RO2

#16 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Famous.i wish we will have changes such as in RO2 a new kind of forging inRO2 i seriously want to play RO2

I think even if they added it to RO1 (enchanting/creating weapons with bonuses from monsters) they'd make it come from an NPC like the upcoming weapon enchantment NPCs in New World and Malangdo Island (Cat Hand Service) trading for 'coins'. No zenies for Smiths. :P

#17 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

I think even if they added it to RO1 (enchanting/creating weapons with bonuses from monsters) they'd make it come from an NPC like the upcoming weapon enchantment NPCs in New World and Malangdo Island (Cat Hand Service) trading for 'coins'. No zenies for Smiths. :P

Ah ..soo sad....

I would love if in the Future. Forger can Make a new Set of weapon.. Armour and such...

Btw i think forging in Valk are Doom atm...

Check ragial.

We had (Suspcious) Forge vendor selling forging at super low price + they also vending other large amount of Ori,Starcrumb,Elu, Sterm, Spore and other comsumable Like Dead branch Which normal play cant posible farm... ( and they dont respond to PM)

and no way normal player can compete with their prices

Edited by Dukeares, 24 January 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#18 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

I think it would be fine if smiths could make various lv4 weapons... at a very low success rate and high item requirements mind you.
I'm talking rates that would make pure forging characters eyes roll into the back of their heads.

#19 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Ah ..soo sad....

I would love if in the Future. Forger can Make a new Set of weapon.. Armour and such...

Yeah it'd be nice if they had of maybe expanded to armour crafting/enchanting skills. But I suppose they would add a Tailor class or NPC instead like in other MMOs (and RO2 by the looks of it). And the "homunculus" could be rag dolls and other knitted things that come alive.

I played a game called Trinity Universe and in that you could decorate weapons with different patterns which imbued the weapon with certain stats or skills. RO could add a skill for Smiths like that. e.g. flames pattern for a chance of a fire skill or extra % fire damage by way of imbueing the weapon with fire element. And you could switch in other patterns to the same weapon (but maybe lose the old pattern in the process to keep a supply and demand going). The reason elemental forging died was ( a ) classes who could endow were added and ( b ) the weapons created from elemental forges paled in comparison to the damage other weapons could do with endow. But something like this vendable patterns / weapon overlays could compliment an endow as it could apply to all weapons.

Also there could be some sculpting skill. That allows the Smith to change the appearance of the weapon sprites or add a bit of flare to them. Then vend the weapon overlay/accessory for each type of weapon. More customisation for players and Smiths get zenies.

That and being able to forge more different types of stronger and more useful weapons than can be made now.

Really though, that'll never happen. :P

Edited by soudou, 24 January 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#20 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Heim has confirmed there are future plans for the Mechanic class whether it involves allowing them to forge lvl 4 weapons like the Devs said in early Renewal interviews have yet to be seen.

http://forums.warppo...988#entry179988

Edited by Clogon, 24 January 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#21 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Homunculus only helps BASE levels. and the homunculus branch is 11 job points total ( vaporize 1, res 5, aid pot 5 - since you fail if your homunc dies or runs out of SP ).

The BS class just whines too much. A non god stacked BS can out damage a non god stacked genetic 9/10 times. Lets see here, arm cannon - relies purely on ATK so only STR is needed, pile bunker has huge ATK... BS does more damage with less stats.

HP mods, BS gets WAY more HP than genetics.... hell my damn 44 vit SORCEROR gets as much HP as my 100 vit genetic at 150. BS gets hovering, takes much less damage from traps and ETC - avoids ankle snare maybe?

BS gets that slide skill, can slide over traps.... genetics get to run fast and can't avoid traps.

BS gets nuetral barrier, reduces damage, magic damage and takes no damage from ranged attacks... hello GoH / CS, nice to see you are now obsolete against mechs.

The only thing that genetics get that is decent is howling, and the catalyst is stupid rare on non over botted servers, 150-300K per cast and you are lucky if hunting em you get 1-2 / hour. Thorn wall is OK in WoE but costs ~500K - prickly fruit in ymir is ~200K( 200K x 10 / 4 ).

My Dear

We are talking about pure forger. Your comment is nothing to do about PURE FORGER. We are talking about forging skills which should be additional for trans and renewal which is not there. The blacksmith before heritage and Master Smith after heritage as well as Mechanics after renewal has same set of skill for forging so please try to understand what the topic says about before you comment on anything. It says about PURE FORGER. If you dont know what is PURE FORGER then make one and you will know.

#22 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

My Dear

We are talking about pure forger. Your comment is nothing to do about PURE FORGER. We are talking about forging skills which should be additional for trans and renewal which is not there. The blacksmith before heritage and Master Smith after heritage as well as Mechanics after renewal has same set of skill for forging so please try to understand what the topic says about before you comment on anything. It says about PURE FORGER. If you dont know what is PURE FORGER then make one and you will know.

Maybe you can't read or maybe you just "forgot" the quoted text right above that saying how the "poor" entire blacksmith branch was in renewal.

Oh, and one more thing to add to it, axe tornado may require using an axe.... but it does almost 200% more damage than cart tornado. 650% for axe 350% for cart to be exact.

#23 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

With the introduction of more powerfull weapon in the future.. I do hope Forger will get a chance to forge a New kind of "unique" weapon.

Not Just some sort of Refine version of a LV 4 weapon..

#24 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

With the introduction of more powerfull weapon in the future.. I do hope Forger will get a chance to forge a New kind of "unique" weapon.

Not Just some sort of Refine version of a LV 4 weapon..

Dont know about it, if I would Say A big IF pure forger gets some kind of skill to forge level 4 weapons or any new kind of forging skills for some kind of gears then the pure forger mechanics will rock. But again its a Big IF

#25 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

someone needs to make all those genetics their cannons .... have fun :)

nobody likes blacksmiths... deal with it!!

a real smith has mvp cards :angry:

Edited by IronFist, 27 January 2011 - 08:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users