Feedback: Emporia Wars - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#26 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

I don't please explain, we'd really like more feedback.

As for now that was our first run of Emporia on the live server, we expected there to be bugs and issues. We understand that getting a message every time you log in is annoying and we are working on the issue. We will be performing additional tests with this weekends Emporia to make sure the 1star is working to its proper capacity, once that is done we will open up the 2 star castle. We will send your feedback regarding the mercenary system to Barunson for review and consideration. The more feedback we get from you all, the more detailed we can report issues. So thank you all for trying and reporting your issues, in the end we want this to be an enjoyable feature for all.

Thanks for the update, Hastur. Any word yet on whether or not Soul will get access to the castle for last Sunday's victory?

#27 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the update, Hastur. Any word yet on whether or not Soul will get access to the castle for last Sunday's victory?

Thats what we are working on now, with our current tool we unable to just "bump" them up to this spot. However we contacted Barunson with our finding and hopefully they can help us figure out a way to make it so.

#28 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

As for now that was our first run of Emporia on the live server, we expected there to be bugs and issues. We understand that getting a message every time you log in is annoying and we are working on the issue. We will be performing additional tests with this weekends Emporia to make sure the 1star is working to its proper capacity, once that is done we will open up the 2 star castle. We will send your feedback regarding the mercenary system to Barunson for review and consideration. The more feedback we get from you all, the more detailed we can report issues. So thank you all for trying and reporting your issues, in the end we want this to be an enjoyable feature for all.

Back in THQ, one guild pretty much dominated EW every week. There were several other active guilds but none of them strong enough to take on that one guild alone. This lead to constant guild hopping onto a single guild to take on that top guild.
Eventually a 72 hour penalty (which was really frustrating for non EW related things) was enforced upon leaving a guild and this stopped the problem to a certain extent, but guild hopping (hop hop hop) still occurred at times. Few incidents happened where the current castle holders joined an alternate guild to eliminate competition during the tournament phase. In short, people joined other guilds to help in EW or joined alternative guilds to help themselves. It wasn't that bad though, EW was still fun.

Edit: Being from THQ since the beginning, I've seen all the drama that entailed, but I think the current system is fine right now. Before the castle only rotated between 2 guilds, I believe this system gives other guilds a better chance of winning. I'd hate to have more restrictions like the 48 hour penalty, no drastic changes please.

There was also a THQ EW event that gave motivation to play in EW. Points were granted to the guilds that participated and then rewarded prizes after that month. Could we ever have something like that here?

I think the mercenary system is fine though, it could use more options with the filtering but that shouldn't be the top priority. Another disadvantage to Mercenaries also cannot communicate with the guild and that leads to disorganization, so I don't believe it favors that guild too much.

- - -
A fix on special missions would also help, like having to attack cores when you're not even in the attack phase.

Edited by to0n, 26 January 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#29 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Back in THQ, one guild pretty much dominated EW every week. There were several other active guilds but none of them strong enough to take on that one guild alone. This lead to constant guild hopping onto a single guild to take on that top guild.
Eventually a 72 hour penalty (which was really frustrating for non EW related things) was enforced upon leaving a guild and this stopped the problem to a certain extent, but guild hopping (hop hop hop) still occurred at times. Few incidents happened where the current castle holders joined an alternate guild to eliminate competition during the tournament phase. In short, people joined other guilds to help in EW or joined alternative guilds to help themselves. It wasn't that bad though, EW was still fun.

There was also a THQ EW event that gave motivation to play in EW. Points were granted to the guilds that participated and then rewarded prizes after that month. Could we ever have something like that here?

I think the mercenary system is fine though, it could use more options with the filtering but that shouldn't be the top priority. Another disadvantage to Mercenaries also cannot communicate with the guild and that leads to disorganization, so I don't believe it favors that guild too much.

- - -
A fix on special missions would also help, like having to attack cores when you're not even in the attack phase.

that line alone made it sound like an epic story. but for those who don't even gain enjoyment from facing tough opponents and get butthurt over losing, this can lead to drama.

Sadly I can't participate in EW atm. BuT I'm still working on my gears, anyway.

#30 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

that line alone made it sound like an epic story. but for those who don't even gain enjoyment from facing tough opponents and get butthurt over losing, this can lead to drama.

If anyone turns on the mercenary option, jump in and give EW a shot. Gear doesn't matter.

#31 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

So does that mean we will be able to obtain 2 star castle this week if we win 1 star battle, or no?

#32 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

If anyone turns on the mercenary option, jump in and give EW a shot. Gear doesn't matter.

Lol. My gear isn't what's stopping me. Not getting home until 8:40pm EST on Thurs, Fri, and Sat is.

#33 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

Lol. My gear isn't what's stopping me. Not getting home until 8:40pm EST on Thurs, Fri, and Sat is.

OHHH I think the reasoning for it was this statement:

I can see how he would think it was due to your gear.

Edited by Meganekko, 26 January 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#34 Akyrie

Akyrie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

2Star!!!!!! Please :angry:

#35 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

OHHH I think the reasoning for it was this statement:

I can see how he would think it was due to your gear.

I don't get what you mean. Are you saying that my gear is the main reason?

If if was, you're mistaken. Unlike most people, I don't mind being the guy who used to get beat up alot and then become strong, lol. If not, just ignore my defensiveness.

#36 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

I don't get what you mean. Are you saying that my gear is the main reason?

If if was, you're mistaken. Unlike most people, I don't mind being the guy who used to get beat up alot and then become strong, lol. If not, just ignore my defensiveness.

Meg was just pointing out that your original statement (the one she quoted) makes it sound like you are implying that the reason you aren't participating is b/c you want to work on your gear some more, first.

This is all just a big misunderstanding, I tell you. :angry:

#37 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Meg was just pointing out that your original statement (the one she quoted) makes it sound like you are implying that the reason you aren't participating is b/c you want to work on your gear some more, first.

This is all just a big misunderstanding, I tell you. :angry:

Oh, I thought so but wasn't sure. I wanted to participate in it while still working on my gear so I could figure out how it works, how to play, support my team, etc. I admit I woulda been mad while participating in the first one and see someone teleport out of my lock to another island, lol.

But the teleporting out of combos changes a bit of my expectations of EW.

#38 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Change the point system.

Right now I think a completed mission gives 2 points and a kill only gives 1? In my eyes getting a kill is harder to achieve than a mission, so it should be worth more points.

#39 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Actually its a mission gives 6 points and a kill gives somewhere under that, which is uneven since it takes more work to kill than to randomly complete mission. Also if a team were to come in with a few classes excluded from the fight the other team could have over half their missions impossible to complete.

#40 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Should remove missions entirely imo.

#41 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

But then some people would never have a chance even with a whole army against 1 person

#42 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Missions make it more fair, but personally I think it's overdoing it a little. At the moment, our kills don't amount to anything, even if we get 50+ kills. Making kills worth more than the missions is kind of overdoing it, but I would expect at least 5 points instead of the current 1 or 2 at the moment. Missions give anywhere from 5-15 points from what I've seen, so it seems pretty fair IMO.

Edited by Yurai, 26 January 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#43 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Change the point system.

Right now I think a completed mission gives 2 points and a kill only gives 1? In my eyes getting a kill is harder to achieve than a mission, so it should be worth more points.

Maybe they are trying to make it so that lower level guilds still have a chance. Why does something that is more difficult have to earn you more points? If you're completing missions and the other team is completing missions at a similar pace, then the team with the most points is decided by kills. A larger reward for completing missions and smaller reward for killing players should lead guilds to favor using all of their members instead of just a few strong ones.

Albeit, I'm not sure what the actual missions are, since I didn't participate in the first EW, but it sounds beneficial to have the point system like that. If logging out when you are about to die so that the other team cannot get points is still a problem, I would think it might solve that as well.

Actually its a mission gives 6 points and a kill gives somewhere under that, which is uneven since it takes more work to kill than to randomly complete mission. Also if a team were to come in with a few classes excluded from the fight the other team could have over half their missions impossible to complete.

I guess, class specific missions might need to be changed. Are the missions the same ones as in bsq?

#44 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Maybe they are trying to make it so that lower level guilds still have a chance. Why does something that is more difficult have to earn you more points? If you're completing missions and the other team is completing missions at a similar pace, then the team with the most points is decided by kills. A larger reward for completing missions and smaller reward for killing players should lead guilds to favor using all of their members instead of just a few strong ones.

Albeit, I'm not sure what the actual missions are, since I didn't participate in the first EW, but it sounds beneficial to have the point system like that. If logging out when you are about to die so that the other team cannot get points is still a problem, I would think it might solve that as well.

I guess, class specific missions might need to be changed. Are the missions the same ones as in bsq?

Yes, they are the same. However, it also includes a mission that wants you to attack the core 3 times, even if it's not your attack turn. I think it would be nice to have a lowered time limit on easier missions so that it is possible to get to a mission you can actually complete rather than an impossible one. Either that, or change it so that kills are worth a feasible amount, since if your guild is stuck on useless missions, you can't really do much for 3 minutes while the other guild destroys your core.

#45 Svelata

Svelata

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I think both dragon saga players as well as you so called "community mods" should stop level discrimination. my post got removed from here simply for suggesting that EW should be exclusive from what level you are.

Us low lvls want to enjoy the updates too.

#46 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

I think both dragon saga players as well as you so called "community mods" should stop level discrimination. my post got removed from here simply for suggesting that EW should be exclusive from what level you are.

Us low lvls want to enjoy the updates too.

You can still join EW at low levels. You'll just be at a big disadvantage in terms of gear and stats though.

edit: oh thanks rim! i didn't even noticed that lol

Edited by Thuy, 26 January 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#47 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

You can still join EW at low levels. You'll just be at a big disadvantage in terms of gear and stats though.

Fixed, my captain.

#48 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

And what about missions for skills NO body uses? "Use Fortress one time" So now I gotta spend 10 SP on a skill i'll never use except in EW/BSQ?

#49 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

And what about missions for skills NO body uses? "Use Fortress one time" So now I gotta spend 10 SP on a skill i'll never use except in EW/BSQ?

I DID. I USE IT ALL THE TIME IN LIBRA

Edited by ImDiene, 26 January 2011 - 06:30 PM.

#50 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

i will too when we SERIOUSLY ew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users