• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blademyth

blademyth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

First, how updated is our version? (By that I mean do we have the mid 1x chaos quests where you need to kill Chaos Vagabond for 120k exp, been playing the EU version and its rather difficult even for a warrior)

Second, I was thinking about going Priest or BM for PvE (I like to be a healer in most MMOs) what would be a good build for whichever one you recommend (yes, strictly PvE, I haven't even looked at PvP for this and don't plan too.)

Third, about how far would I end up needing to solo before I start running into people to generally party with.

#2 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Our version runs up until Van Cliff atm (with promise of Drako Tower in the near future). However, not sure if there are some discrepancies between ours and EU's (never played EU), so I cannot answer regarding your "need to kill Chaos Vagabond for 120k exp" question.

So pure PVE eh? Well, both mage classes will excel in their own ways depending on what you prefer. Strictly PVE-speaking:

Priest
- able to dish out good DPS
- known to be a good "boss killer"
- able to aid teammates in many ways - heals, buffs, etc.
- weapon durability may decrease quite fast (due to x spammage)

BM
- classic mage class with many AOE spells, perfect for mobbing
- still has the ability to heal, but not as many choices as Priest
- they took away "action cancel" so might be a bit annoying, but not a big issue imo anyways (at least not in PVE)

I would post some example builds, but apparently the skill simulator website stopped working. So here are just some guides people made:
Rim's Priest/Shaman Guide (Contains good information about the Priest class)
Our Homemade Dragon Saga Database (Never really checked this site out, but I'm sure it is still somewhat useful)
Dragonica Wiki (Not sure if this is up-to-date. Judging from the name, maybe it is for another version or something)

I am sure if you just read some of the threads (really, there are only 3 pages in the mage section so it shouldn't take long) you can dig out more info about the classes.

As for your third question, I have stopped playing in the low levels for quite a long time now.. so I am not too sure about partying in that level range. But seeing that we have recommended channels for different level ranges, if you play during busy times (in terms of PST), I think for most of the time you should be able to find a party? Unless it is some obscure/not-as-popular map or something. But really, as a mage, soloing shouldn't be much of an issue. Just grab a bunch of MP pots and you are good to go. But some missions/dungeons that you'll probably want to find a party for is Lavalon, Aram, and Bone Dragon.

Anwyays, if you have any more questions, feel free to post here. Happy maging :P

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Fallen, you are so awesome.

#4 blademyth

blademyth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Our version runs up until Van Cliff atm (with promise of Drako Tower in the near future). However, not sure if there are some discrepancies between ours and EU's (never played EU), so I cannot answer regarding your "need to kill Chaos Vagabond for 120k exp" question.

It might be a future update though, but in the EU version Jeff (the thief NPC in Traitor's Ridge) gives you a long quest line that in the end gives you 3 chaos world entry scrolls (don't know what they are called here) and the pressure orb thing to remove the 1 damage limit, and the last part of the chain is to kill the chaos version of Vagabond for 120k exp at like lvl 15.

#5 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

It might be a future update though, but in the EU version Jeff (the thief NPC in Traitor's Ridge) gives you a long quest line that in the end gives you 3 chaos world entry scrolls (don't know what they are called here) and the pressure orb thing to remove the 1 damage limit, and the last part of the chain is to kill the chaos version of Vagabond for 120k exp at like lvl 15.

We have that quest here, I remember seeing it during beta testing.

#6 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

We have that quest here, I remember seeing it during beta testing.

Ah, thanks for clarifying Rim. Been a while since I played at the lower levels.

And no, you are more awesome #4

#7 Teochiu

Teochiu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure we do not have that quest. I've played 3 characters up to at least 3x over the past month and have not encountered that quest. Sad, because I remember it being a easy way to get some chaos scrolls at a low level. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users