Come up with a Christmas event for Ragnarok! - Forum Event: Christmas ideas!! - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Come up with a Christmas event for Ragnarok!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

We had discussed via the Ustream broadcast having a "design an event" player contest. And frankly I love Christmas and we always get suggestions for it a bit late to be used worldwide. So we are going to give ample time for All of you to get your ideas ironed out and posted, and for us and Development team to see what we can do about getting some of the great ideas to happen!

I don't want to put any hard restrictions on it, because our job in making it happen is to "rig the good ideas to work somehow". A few things that really will make it stand out is to be organized when you put your idea here.

Who can participate, class/lvl.
Cost to user?
Reward?
What new items/NPC map stuff need to be made/found to make this work.

And most importantly what actually happens during your event? The player is the point of view to take when coming up with the story. What would be the players experience when engaged in the quests, what memorable NPC dialogue is there?

I would like everyone to make their own Thread in this forum about their Christmas ideas. In the end we may have to make a poll or go off of community feedback on the various ideas to see what seems best suited for iRO christmas!

#2 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

I'd just assume that this is where we're supposed to ask questions about this event, so. . .

Can we make events that require in-game participation in it? I was thinking something along the lines of the old Hide-and-Seek events, but a little more elaborate than that. If not, then I can think of a workaround to my dilemma.

Edited by Prodigy, 09 August 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#3 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I think it needs to be an event that should run independently of constant GM interaction. The hide-and-seek and town invasions aren't really implemented events, but rather fun things the GMs may decide to do in addition to or in place of a standard event.

#4 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I'd just assume that this is where we're supposed to ask questions about this event, so. . .

Can we make events that require in-game participation in it? I was thinking something along the lines of the old Hide-and-Seek events, but a little more elaborate than that. If not, then I can think of a workaround to my dilemma.

INB4 Santa Morocc

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

I was hoping that they'd warm up to the idea of showing themselves and hosting an event for Christmas. Of course, if ever, this would be separate from the actual Christmas event that would all be NPC interaction-based.

#6 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

Could you move my Christmas Idea topic from Proposals and Suggestions to here...the one you moved from General Chat?

#7 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:39 AM

My suggestion:
http://forums.warppo...-advertisement/

Edited by Ultimate, 18 August 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#8 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

I wonder if anyone else is working on some Christmas Proposal. It's been a while since I last saw new, fully made, ideas.

And oh, here's another question for Heim: You wanted to do this early because it will take some time to come up with an idea, take some time to vote on it, and take even longer to actually turn it into a working RO event. So, when's the estimated date that we'll begin polling? I'm guessing that at the very least, you guys need a full month before implementing the event to work on programming it.

#9 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

I bet they completely forgot about it and are now trying to figure out exactly the same thing.

And thanks for the link Ultimate. I somehow managed to miss the other two hundred you've posted so far.

#10 maxim

maxim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
  • Server:Chaos.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

I also would like to know when is the deadline. I'm working on an idea but it is taking a little time. Thanks.

By the way... is my first post. n n

#11 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

I bet they completely forgot about it and are now trying to figure out exactly the same thing.

And thanks for the link Ultimate. I somehow managed to miss the other two hundred you've posted so far.

No worries :lol: Sometimes when I change my signature to something else all the forum users pm me asking me to put the really cool housing siggy back up, and I say hey just look underneath my current signature and the link is right there in gray, and they're all like "Oh! Thank you so much!"

#12 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

summary of christmas events: http://forums.warppo...as-idea-thread/

#13 Nithalm1

Nithalm1

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:38 AM

I can offer this server to add a 'christmas theme' to Prontera or any other existing map.
It is also possible for me to make a entirely new map, exclusive for Valkyrie iRO server.

I hope people would like that as christmas present. This could be combined with any event or NPC.
If there is any interest in such thing, let me know it.(staff can also use the email-adress from this account)

#14 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

Bump

So, is this for Christmas 2010? It's already September, and I'm sure we'll be busy with Renewal stuff till October. The event needs to start in mid December, so that puts at at around 2 1/2 months to make a poll of the events to vote on, program the event, make the finishing touches in the detail, and finally get it working by Christmas. With just 2 1/2 months (and some of the events here look long/complex) I'm wondering if this " Come up with a Christmas event for Ragnarok!" is for Christmas 2010.

#15 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thank you all for submitting you idea, we will be collecting them and sending them over to the Devs shortly. We will be locking this section of the forums from posts for now, but check back soon for our next idea suggestion event!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users