login problems - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

login problems

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#26 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

That or they need to just add a new client, or tell us how to switch Valk's IP to the current one.

lol that was what I was saying but I did not quite say it in the right kind of way.

#27 shigazane

shigazane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

lol that was what I was saying but I did not quite say it in the right kind of way.

My appologies I read your post wrong. Faults on me.

#28 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I wish this would be fixed soon or monday.
Oh well Looks like I will need to find something else to do No Iro-Valk and Dragonica finally went down -.-

#29 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Might have had a unintentional Ip block going on for valk or the download is distributing the wrong IP "200.6.49.5".
And yes I live in the US.

Hmm... Mine's connecting to '128.241.92.163'. '200.6.49.5' dosen't respond to a ping. It must be something with the clients then.

#30 shigazane

shigazane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hmm... Mine's connecting to '128.241.92.163'. '200.6.49.5' dosen't respond to a ping. It must be something with the clients then.

Is there a way to go into the folder, and switch the IP?

#31 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

It's possible, however there's something wrong with your clients. The odds of this hapening to so many people are strange. Let me play around with my update client for a bit and see what happens.

#32 shigazane

shigazane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

It's possible, however there's something wrong with your clients. The odds of this hapening to so many people are strange. Let me play around with my update client for a bit and see what happens.

Alright, keep us posted :blink:

#33 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNew York State, USA

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for experimenting with it :blink:

#34 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

I don't think they will have the fixed client up soon cause they packed the wrong Valk Client In the download I believe.
And I don't think they work on weekends.

#35 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

The root of the problem might be with ropatch1.gravityus.com. Look at patch2.txt:
Spoiler

When the patch client see's this, it just ignores everything and says 'it's safe to play, everythings updated' even though it isn't. You guy's can try to manually patch from here if you know how. Other then that you'll have to wait for a sysadmin to fix what ever they did with the patch server.

Edited by Br4nd0n, 28 August 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#36 shigazane

shigazane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Seeing as how I'm too lazy to patch the client manually... I'll wait. *sigh* You'd think that something like this would be noticed right off the bat.

Edited by shigazane, 28 August 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#37 playlist

playlist

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

even the links from the http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches isn't working at all.. weird thing is that only the links that leads into something related to valk server aren't working. it says

Service Temporarily Unavailable

This webserver is out of order! Possible reasons include:

1. You've hit the connection limit (One connection per IP only)
2. Too many people are trying to connect at once
3. We're out of bandwidth right now
Please try again later.

#38 ShadeKoopa

ShadeKoopa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

The root of the problem might be with ropatch1.gravityus.com. Look at patch2.txt:

Spoiler

When the patch client see's this, it just ignores everything and says 'it's safe to play, everythings updated' even though it isn't. You guy's can try to manually patch from here if you know how. Other then that you'll have to wait for a sysadmin to fix what ever they did with the patch server.

I don't think that patch is the problem. I updated the game manually with the patch from iro.RagnarokOnline.com and I am still unable to connect to the Valkyrie Server. Why doesn't Warp Portal support fix this stupid issue already? I've already submitted a support ticket this morning and they have yet to reply. What the hell are they even doing? Do they even doing anything that is helpful?

Edited by ShadeKoopa, 28 August 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#39 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

I don't think that patch is the problem. I updated the game manually with the patch from iro.RagnarokOnline.com and I am still unable to connect to the Valkyrie Server. Why doesn't Warp Portal support fix this stupid issue already? I've already submitted a support ticket this morning and they have yet to reply. What the hell are they even doing? Do they even doing anything that is helpful?

They may not work on weekends plus it sometimes takes a week or two to a get a response Because They have to deal with many player complaints or user complaints every day.

Edited by MeloMew, 28 August 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#40 ShadeKoopa

ShadeKoopa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Okay, but this problem has been going on since after the maintenance on Thursday. You'd think they'd have the issue fixed by now.

Edited by ShadeKoopa, 28 August 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#41 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

I just hope that enough of us have this issue (Sounds odd to say I know) for them to deem it worth fixing... think maybe they won't since most the population doesn't have this issue? :blink:

#42 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

I just hope that enough of us have this issue (Sounds odd to say I know) for them to deem it worth fixing... think maybe they won't since most the population doesn't have this issue? :blink:

Don't worry. This is affecting everyone; if they don't fix it then updating iro is impossible.

#43 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

I'm not 100% sure if this will work on windows like on wine, but it's worth a shot. Sorry I didn't think of this last night.

USE AT OWN RISK
1. Go to your RagnarokOnline folder.
2. Edit patch2.txt with notepad.
3. Delete everything inside of it and paste:
Spoiler

4. Right click on patch2.txt, click properties, and click on read only:
Posted Image
and press apply
5. Run patch client. When complete, uncheck the read only attribute.

Good luck!

NOTE: You client might still be a few weeks behind on updates because I coulden't find the new patch2.txt, but it should be playable.

Edited by Br4nd0n, 29 August 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#44 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Alright Ill try it now! :blink:

EDIT: Well it did something lol. The patcher is patching from 2006 -_-

EDIT: Should I use Ragnarok.Exe to patch, or Ragfree/valkyrie? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif

Edited by LeonStrong, 29 August 2010 - 05:05 AM.

#45 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Alright Ill try it now! :blink:

EDIT: Well it did something lol. The patcher is patching from 2006 -_-

EDIT: Should I use Ragnarok.Exe to patch, or Ragfree/valkyrie? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif

Hmm... Support says you should run Ragnarok.exe to patch first, then use RagnarokFree.exe to patch second (use RagnarokFree.exe to play the game). I *think* you can get away with just patching with RagnarokFree.exe.

The fact that it started updating means that my fix worked (yay!). If you have problems after that, then they're probably unrelated.

#46 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

yeah I started the patching on rag free. 4 years of patches lol. When it finishes I'll report if it works out :blink:

EDIT : The 404 is still on the patcher, however it is patching. Almost done

Edited by LeonStrong, 29 August 2010 - 05:37 AM.

#47 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:42 AM

No luck. All the patching worked, but it didn't change the 404 error, and I still cannot connect to server. *Sigh* I really can't wait for gravity to take care of this

#48 shigazane

shigazane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hmmm... Maybe if we find someone that actually has a working patch2 folder/file and copy and past that instead...? This may get rid of the issue. Yet again it will be a use at your own risk deal. Sadly, I do not know anyone with a working file.

#49 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

I think it's something else.. not the patching... But i don't know what.. :blink:

#50 LeonStrong

LeonStrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

Getting a patch2.txt from my friend who can log into valk fine. I'll report the results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users