Azzy AI 1.35 Final Version Avail 4/23 - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Azzy AI 1.35 Final Version Avail 4/23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#51 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hey, Azzy. I just downloaded AzzyAI and I tried configuring my homun but all it does is normal attack even though it has full SP. It only uses Moonlight when I hotkey command it to do so. Also, I didn't see that funny file that you said is supposed to be in the RO file if I installed it right. So I cut the whole RO file onto the desktop and re-extracted the AI into the new RO folder on my desktop. After doing so, the file still hasn't shown up :/ I'm kinda on the verge of killing myself already. Been trying for about 2-3 hours. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Did you:
Do /hoai then resummon homun?
Place the AI files directly into USER_AI (not in a folder inside USER_AI
Delete and recreate USER_AI after moving the RO folder out of program files?

#52 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

All the files inside the folder cant seem to be found by my computer. I also test it to see if it worked and it did not. I typed in /hoai relog, still nothing. I go to the folder every file cant be found except for the homunc config one. I even dl'ed from all three links and got the same thing all three times.

#53 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

All the files inside the folder cant seem to be found by my computer. I also test it to see if it worked and it did not. I typed in /hoai relog, still nothing. I go to the folder every file cant be found except for the homunc config one. I even dl'ed from all three links and got the same thing all three times.

Not sure exactly what you're doing, but you're clearly not installing it correctly.

Note that if you are on Vista or Windows 7, homunculus AI will _never_ work if RO is installed to the default location in program files, due to Microsoft UAC. If this is where RO is installed for you, uninstall RO, and reinstall to a location outside of program files (there is an option on one of the first few screens of the installer to change install location).

To install AzzyAI:
Open your USER_AI folder (in the AI folder in your RO folder)

Download from any of the above links. Extract the contents of the zip file, this will create a folder called AzzyAI 1.35.

Open this AzzyAI 1.35 folder, select everything in it, and move or copy it to the USER_AI folder. You will be asked if you want to replace a few files - choose yes.

Now start up RO, /hoai until it says customized, and summon homun.

#54 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Nvm i got it to work, i didnt have to reinstall RO i just moved the Renwal folder onto my desktop and it worked

#55 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Okay, a few things...

First, does installing custom AIs overwrite the default? Because I'm using an Amistr, and irowiki says that Amistrs are passive by default. So when I change to the custom AI with the /hoai command, it starts attacking enemies as it should, but when I type /hoai again, and the game says AI has been changed back to default, it still carries on attacking, even though Amistrs are supposedly passive in their default AI.

Secondly, I can't find the part of the script prevents homunculi from kill stealing. It seems kill stealing can only be prevented by setting AggroHP to 100 or making the whole thing Super Passive. There doesn't seem to be an option that makes them recognise if enemies are already being targeted by other players. Or is that done automatically now?

You'd think they could have made the entire system a bit less confusing. :waddle:

Edit: And one more thing. I have Vista, and the AI works without problem. Granted, I just started using the AI, and computer bugs are often known to wait silently in dark corners of your hard drive for weeks before pouncing when you least expect it, but is it even normal if there are no apparent problems using Vista?

Edited by kalayaan12345, 22 July 2011 - 11:06 AM.

#56 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

1) You need to vap/recall homun to apply changes made with /hoai. That's likely the problem you're having.

2) AzzyAI makes several checks to ensure that monsters targeted are not currently attacking, targeted, or being attacked by other players, and makes the check several times. These are enabled by default. You can make my AI KS by setting targets FFA in the tactics section. All versions of AzzyAI have anti-KS measures enabled by default, as has every other publicly available AI i've been aware of.

AzzyAI does not change default behavior based on homun type. It always defaults to being aggressive (subject to AggroHP and SuperPassive and other applicable config options)

The default AI does NOT have ANY anti KS features by default.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 July 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#57 momoko22

momoko22

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Hi there,
I have an issue =/

I installed AzzyAI into my RO folder (USER_AI)
I started the GUI, which i had to install Net framework v4 before to use it.
Now i want to set the Mercenary Tactics...but when i put a Mob Nam + ID and try to let
him do like just 1 DS on Poring the GUI goes crazy...

First if i want to set "Use Attack Skills: This Many Times:", the box which should get white and where i should be able to put number of times i want him to use attack skills stays grey

the only thing whats working to me is the default mercenary option of AzzyAI
the HomuTactics are fine and work...

help pls ><

Ive got Windows XP SP3, Installed NET4, Play fRO

#58 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Hi there,
I have an issue =/

I installed AzzyAI into my RO folder (USER_AI)
I started the GUI, which i had to install Net framework v4 before to use it.
Now i want to set the Mercenary Tactics...but when i put a Mob Nam + ID and try to let
him do like just 1 DS on Poring the GUI goes crazy...

First if i want to set "Use Attack Skills: This Many Times:", the box which should get white and where i should be able to put number of times i want him to use attack skills stays grey

the only thing whats working to me is the default mercenary option of AzzyAI
the HomuTactics are fine and work...

help pls ><

Ive got Windows XP SP3, Installed NET4, Play fRO

As stated in the documentation, and bright red text on the GUI, unless you've created a MobID file for the map you're on, the only mercenary tactics that will work are the Default tactic, and the Default Summon tactic (used for monsters that the AI thinks are unnatural - flora summons, plant cultivation, DB's, MVP mobs, etc).

When you say the "GUI goes crazy", what do you mean?

I'll investigate the issue with the field being greyed out for the "use attack skills: This many times" option. The config GUI was written by someone who knows VC++, but doesn't test (and is long gone). Whereas I can test, and know what it's supposed to do, but I don't know VC++, so there's a lot of stuff that i'm sure is not written the way it should be in the GUI.

Background: The MobID file is needed to identify monsters, because the game does not provide mercenaries with any way to do so (the method that homuns use returns -1 when called by merc). MobID files are a pain to make, and I've never used them (and I wouldn't have implemented it at all if I hadn't thought I could pre-generate the files, which didn''t work out). They have to be regenerated after every maint, if any npc or monster spawn anywhere in the game was changed during maint.

#59 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Something i noticed with default AzzyAI installation: when homun has 0 SP, it doesn't attack unless attacked, and is seems this cannot be changed. Tried to set AggroSP = -1, but i think it doesn't accept negative values. Maybe it should be seek out and attack monsters whenever its SP percent is greater or equals this value instead of just greater than ~.

And what i still couldn't figure out: what is DanceAttack, and Berzerk mode? o.O Sorry if it had been answered before, i couldn't find it.

#60 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Good catch on the AggroSP issue. That's a bug that was introduced in 1.35 with the targeting improvements... My test homuns both have an odd max sp, so they never fall to 0 SP.
Note that if you set AggroSP to -1 by editing the H_Config file, it will work - the GUI just doesn't let you set it outside of range 0-100.

Dance Attack is where you have homun move between two cells while attacking with normal attacks, which allows it to attack faster than it's attack speed would normally allow. Only works for homuns, only works for normal (non skill) attacks.

Berserk mode is described on page 6 of the documentation. Can't find my text version of the docs to copy/paste into here.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 August 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#61 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Berserk mode is described on page 6 of the documentation. Can't find my text version of the docs to copy/paste into here.

Whoops, sorry for not noticing that. One more thing: what are StandbyFriending and MirAIFriending, i mean how do i use either of them to friend/unfriend people? (I suppose it's different than the default command homun north/south from target thing.)

#62 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Whoops, sorry for not noticing that. One more thing: what are StandbyFriending and MirAIFriending, i mean how do i use either of them to friend/unfriend people? (I suppose it's different than the default command homun north/south from target thing.)

The default is for friending to not exist.

MirAI friending is command homun north/south of player to friend or unfriend.

Standby friending is set homun in standby mode (alt+T) and sit down next to the player to be friended. Whether it friend or unfriends depends on which side you sit on, it's in the docs somewhere.

Most people prefer MirAI friending, standby friending is better for preventing accidental friendship. I usually just manually enter the names in the friend list (the critical number is the number in the URL when you look up the player on ROPD - note that players are ID'ed by account, not char).

#63 Ben1910

Ben1910

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi!
How do I set my Filir to rescue me? At first, it didn't rescue me at all, then when I unchecked the "React to Cast" option, it does rescue me now but not until it finishes off the one it's killing. So I usually die before that.
MirAi has that option for the homun to abandon the one it's attacking to rescue the owner. Wonder if AzzyAi also has that one? Cuz I don't wanna monitor my bio all the time. Thanks.

#64 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

My apologies for the slow response; I was on vacation this past week and was not on the forums much.

Setting the 'Rescue' tactic to 'Owner' should do the trick. This feature was added in 1.35, and it worked in my tests... If it's not working (and you are sure that the AI is installed correctly!) post the contents of H_Tactics.lua

Try disabling Cast React tactic - some users have reported issues (which I am unable to reproduce) with Cast React tactic, particularly in combination with Rescue.

As an aside, no matter how good your AI is, if your bio is dying within the time it takes for the homun to kill a monster, you will have survivability problems, unless you take more extreme measures (such as using the auto-heal with chaotic blessings, except it likely won't have the SP pool to outheal much, and you'd have to disable or limit use of caprice, leading to it diminished killing capacity).

#65 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble with Mercenary Tactics in Ant Hell. I want my Mercenary to attack only ant eggs, but she keeps attacking either everything or nothing down there.

1) Set Default to React (Low), Set Ant Egg (1096) to Attack (High). Mercenary ignores everything
2) Set Default to Attack (Medium), Set Andre, Piere, and Deniro to React (Low). Mercenary still attacks ants.

Nevermind, Found stuff about the MOBID file

Okay, now I can't figure out how to get the ActorIDs (the old thread is gone, apparently). Anyone happen to have the MOBID for Ant Hell?

Edited by KataiKou, 11 October 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#66 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble with Mercenary Tactics in Ant Hell. I want my Mercenary to attack only ant eggs, but she keeps attacking either everything or nothing down there.

1) Set Default to React (Low), Set Ant Egg (1096) to Attack (High). Mercenary ignores everything
2) Set Default to Attack (Medium), Set Andre, Piere, and Deniro to React (Low). Mercenary still attacks ants.

Nevermind, Found stuff about the MOBID file

Okay, now I can't figure out how to get the ActorIDs (the old thread is gone, apparently). Anyone happen to have the MOBID for Ant Hell?

You need to make one yourself, unfortunately, because mobid files go stale every time the GMs add or remove NPCs during maint, which they do almost every maint. You use the MOBID-generating AI, which is in the old MobID thread, or should be. I can try to find a copy of it if it's not, but man, I havn't used that in years (it was always too much of a pain to set up to justify it's use - I envisioned automated generation of MobID from spawn lists, which might have worked back then, but certainly won't work with the GMs changing stuff every maint)

Actually, Anthell is just about the easiest place to use MobID, because you can guarantee that you've seen all the eggs relatively easily (which is all you need to have in MobID to get the behavior you want - set default to non-aggro, with no defined tactic for the ants, and ant egg to aggro).

#67 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

I figured it wouldn't be too bad for Ant Hell. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything related to the MobID AI. The closest I found was a forum link that was broken.

Edited by KataiKou, 12 October 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#68 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

I figured it wouldn't be too bad for Ant Hell. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything related to the MobID AI. The closest I found was a forum link that was broken.

Hmm. I'll see if I still have the AI for generating MobID files. It could be on any of 4 computers, 2 of which have been reformatted since I was working on it.

#69 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

What is going to happen with AzzyAI if/when Homunculus S come out? Do you plan adding support of them? Will they break existing functionality in any way? Kinda fear being without your awesome AI... o.o

#70 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

What is going to happen with AzzyAI if/when Homunculus S come out? Do you plan adding support of them? Will they break existing functionality in any way? Kinda fear being without your awesome AI... o.o

I intend to add support for Homun S.

I suspect the extent of the changes will be the addition of new homun types + skills, and hopefully fixes for some of the long-standing problems with the excuse for an API that we (as AI developers) get. Oh, and independent timers, that's coming with homun S too, thank god.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 October 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#71 lChronosl

lChronosl

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

I'm playing on a private server that uses custom mercenaries. Do you think the AI will work?

#72 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

I'm playing on a private server that uses custom mercenaries. Do you think the AI will work?

AzzyAI does not work on illegal private servers. Identification of actor types (particularly for mercenaries, though I think homuns break too) relies on the actor ID distribution scheme used by the official server. Illegal private servers do not distribute actor IDs in the same way, and hence, all targeting functionality will be lost.

I have no plans to offer support for illegal private servers - both because they take business (hence revenue to fund development of new content) away fromthe official server that I play, and because it would be impractical for me to rewrite the targeting routines for eachof the different server emulators.

#73 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Ok, so after maintenance today the AI is breaking hard. Here's the message I'm getting:

./AI/USER_AI/AzzyUtil.lua:248: attempt to index global `MyFriends' (a nil value)

attempt to call a nil value

The only way to do anything is to comment out A_Friends.lua, but then I just get the first message every couple of seconds. Also, this is a fresh install with just basic changes made in the Homunculus tab of the GUI. Any ideas?

And here's the AAIStartH.txt:
AzzyAI (hom) version 1.35Main version:1.35AzzyUtil version:1.35Constant version:1.35Config: CustomTactics: Custom 
Time: 1320227347 Lua Version:Lua 5.0.2
started successfully. 
 This AI is installed properly

#74 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

It sounds like A_Friends.lua has been corrupted in some way, can you please post the contents of that file in the state that it was in when you initially encountered the problem so that I can try to figure out what happened?

After you post the contents of that file, replace it with a clean copy of A_Friends.lua from the AzzyAI download, and it should work.

Also, thanks for posting AAIStart. As you can see, hardly anyone seems to post that.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 November 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#75 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

Ok here we go...
First up, AAStartH.lua
AzzyAI (hom) version 1.35Main version:1.35AzzyUtil version:1.35Constant version:1.35Config: CustomTactics: Custom 
Time: 1320232997 Lua Version:Lua 5.0.2
started successfully. 
 This AI is installed properly

I went through the A_Friends.lua and made sure that everything was according to the documentation. The new error message now is:
./AI/USER_AI/A_Friends.lua:9: attempt to index global `MyFriends' (a nil value)
Hit OK and I get:
attempt to call a nil value
Hit OK and it repeats the A_Friends.lua:9 message. So here's A_Friends.lua:
--Friendlist for Azzy AI
--Automatically generated by Azzy AI.
--To add friends, put mercenary or homun into standby mode (ctl+T or alt+T as appropriate), and sit 1 cell to the west (to left in default view) of the person who you wish to friend
--To remove friends, put merc/homun into standby mode, and sit 1 cell to the east (to right in default view) of the person you want to remove.
--
--To add KOS/Enemy/Etc lists, get the ID number from ROPD or by friending them, and make a line like
--MyFriends{2322797}=KOS
--Possible values are NEUTRAL, KOS (kill on sight), ENEMY (assume hostile, but don't attack), and ALLY (assume friendly).
MyFriends[943047]=1
Right now in this state I have zero control in game. All I can do is acknowledge the endless loop of errors. So I'll comment out the last line in A_Friends.lua and save it:
--Friendlist for Azzy AI
--Automatically generated by Azzy AI.
--To add friends, put mercenary or homun into standby mode (ctl+T or alt+T as appropriate), and sit 1 cell to the west (to left in default view) of the person who you wish to friend
--To remove friends, put merc/homun into standby mode, and sit 1 cell to the east (to right in default view) of the person you want to remove.
--
--To add KOS/Enemy/Etc lists, get the ID number from ROPD or by friending them, and make a line like
--MyFriends{2322797}=KOS
--Possible values are NEUTRAL, KOS (kill on sight), ENEMY (assume hostile, but don't attack), and ALLY (assume friendly).
--MyFriends[943047]=1
I hit OK on the error window now and I get this:
./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:2277: attempt to index global `MyFriends' (a nil value)
Hit OK and now I get:
./AI/USER_AI/AzzyUtil.lua:248 attempt to index global `MyFriends' (a nil value)
It now just loops the AzzyUtil.lua:248 error every 2 seconds (give or take). It leaves me with just enough time to get /ho (OK) ai (OK) [enter] to switch to the basic and then I hit a wing or a portal depending on where I am to get switch to take place. Now the one odd thing I would notice is that if I left the AzzyUtil:248 error up long enough the AI_main:2277 would pop back up right after hitting OK, then it would continue to pop the AzzyUtil:248 error.

And so I went and replaced the file, and I realized that I jacked it all up by removing one line too many:
MyFriends={}
I confirmed this by copying the contents posted above there that was causing the break, made the break happen, added that line, saved, and... yep, I'm a dope. Fixed it!

Edited by FatherBob, 03 November 2011 - 12:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users