Don't walk that evil road - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Don't walk that evil road

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

We are going to be requesting a number of new consumables that give more pop per point than the current bless/agi and food items do, because those are failing to be a good deal now a days.

PLEASE be careful when you consider this option!!!
It is a nice idea but keep in mind the situation that support priest's are in at the moment where it's very very very difficult to level when most killers can kill on their own.

aka - don't make them one-up the priest!

#77 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

just grasping on any last $$ you guys can get out of this dieing game.

The game does seem to be dieing... there really is nothing to play/work for anymore. Eveyone has high +ed expensive gear..which made the gear non-expensive. MVP loot now sell for 1/3 of their pre-HD ore price. The market is at an all-time low. And who wants to play when you have nothing to aim for =/.

New players won't event want to join anymore...you'd be so disadvantaged cause you weren't around for the stuff that broke the game (HD ores, KVM badges, etc etc). I dunno how you GMs are planning on fixing this.

Edited by igzz, 13 February 2011 - 02:05 PM.

#78 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Eliminate them.

Its common practice.

Youtube -> Google
Hamachi -> LogMeIn
FileShare -> Office Live

All previously free.. bought out by big companies, who charge for it. (The Youtube -> Google was a bad example, but they make a profit with the Advertisements)

Gravity US, of all companies, realistically wouldn't use the effort to "eliminate" them, and it'd only cause players to be disgruntled, losing a service they've had for free for years, only to get it back if they pay. It's like ransom.

#79 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

There are so many items that are available that would cause an uproar the likes of which no one has seen.

No one was doing KVM legitimately. If people were actually battling we would have left it alone. Point out 1 person that was doing it through battles and I can show 20 that were filling with alts..

ya maybe if you's fixed kvm of all its bugs and abused bugs people would? ever think of that? we cant run it correctly and kill everyone on one side cause there chance it will bug out then the next round bugs too and everyone get 1 point people purposely lagged the client to bypass the cooldown, which didnt help maters you's where told many times but you's never bother to fix it. so dont blame people for doing it they way they do cause it bypasses the bugs that kvm has

Remove the cooldown and fix the bugs and people might actual run kvm right, but with the KVM badges in luck boxes you's did. It proved one point that yous didnt want to fix it and just want to use the broke system to make money off people.

just like the broke upgrade system, Enriched Ores and HD just to have sightly higher rate or lower rate that just dont break items? really gravity has just turn in a company that is more conserned with how much they can milk us of money instead of fixing there problems in the game and bring it back it former glory.

Edited by Puppet, 13 February 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#80 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

RCX/Ragial - Will likely be blocked by Gateway anyway. They can release their own version that works with it.
Databases/Stat Calcs - Are inaccurate. Most would pay for an accurate one.

The rest are already non-existing or paid services, which could be remade and integrated into the WP account.

#81 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Though I didn't intend for this thread to be as such, something I think, does need to be addressed.

Something is implemented.
Does not work as intended, unbalances the game.
GMs recognize this and remove it.
But anyone who used that now has a clear and long-lasting advantage over everyone else.

HD ores, s. sunnies, KVM boxes, stacking exp headgears, OCA seller, and the list goes on and on.

They really need a way to ease 'normalization' into the game to smooth over things like that. It goes beyond even pay-to-win, because with pay-to-win, even if you are behind, all you have to do is cough up the money and even the score. With things like this, there is often NOTHING you can do to even the score. If you missed out, you missed out for good, and you will never be able to compete at quite the same level.

I mean, for example, taken from a Ymir irowiki market post

S>
+11 Hurricane Fury
+9 black leather boots
+9 Diablous Manteau
+9 Diablous boots
+9 rideword hat
+10 maestro RWH
+9 RWH 1 SOLD 1 LEFT
+9 hurricane fury
+9 naught seiger red twin
+9 violet fear c/o 2 feather of angel
+9 CoD 1 SOLD 1 LEFT
+9 nydd mant
+9 pile bunker
+9 feather beret
+9 valk shield
+7 +3 dex valk armor
+7 hunting spear
+7 nydd mant

Think about some of that stuff for a second. Unless you were around for the HD ores event, there's really no way you can compete with something like that from a single person. Not saying they should be punished, they did nothing wrong, but the laissez faire handling of it needs to stop.

Even if I wanted to spend the irl cash to compete with that, I am unable to, which is sort of a problem imo.

This is partially the reason I made this thread, not to complain about things like that, but to encourage greater discretion on the part of the GM team when implementing things, and I pray they stop leaving unresolved things permanently in limbo and instead address the issues.

Edited by Sera, 13 February 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#82 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

OK. I believe it has been communicated to us more than once that IRO has to request changes. KVM bugs are obviously a code issue that I believe falls in that category of needing to be reported and fixed at kRO before we would see the benefits. KVM badges are obviously an alternative so players can get rewards while developers work on it.

This week our team was pretty much going all out to get KVM points while waiting for badges to come back. We gained several hundreds points, and lost probably about that much to the KVM rounds crashing. Currently KVM has big bugs like:

• Start a match. Both teams are declared to have 0 members, and no team gets winning points after combat.
  • Start a match. NPC is sitting in the middle of our team, and 30 seconds later kicks both teams out after resetting their cool down for matches. Does not matter if players sit still and do nothing or not. No one gets winning points.

KVM badges are good as far as I'm concerned...

#83 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I just started playing two months ago and it was immediately apparent that KP was a necessity to enjoy the game. Kafra has obviously had too much effect on an F2P server (Valkyrie).
I know this discussion is long since touched, but I feel as if none of the voices on this thread were taken under any real consideration. There are colorful bwings... that's it.

My negative views on the game didn't really appear until I first logged onto the forums. People are not being heard unless it is something that the GMs are specifically asking for (event ideas, headgear ideas, etc.).

Sera, you have been around for a long time and I wanted to ask you what your motivation is. Do you still play the game or are you here for the forums like I am?

#84 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

I play for the hentai, but that's beside the point.

#85 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

#86 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

It's really discouraging when you see and leveled with someone who's only level 105 last week and then 3 days later he's level 150 because of Hugel medal level up. That's the only thing I dislike about those annoying lucky boxes. Hugel Medals are extremely gamebreaking and takes away the hardships and achievements of leveling up through anti-climatic EXP bonuses.

#87 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

I play for the hentai, but that's beside the point.

lol that was actually funny. And DAMN that due selling +9,+11 -_-s. Pay2win much.

#88 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Epic thread necromancy. :( just got real.

#89 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

I remember the times when I was showing my friend my epic +7 Gakkung 5 years ago. He was like "Nice weapon you got there. How many Gakkungs did you BREAK to get that? Wanna upgrade my Bastard sword (it was one of the best swords for Knights at the time) for me?"

I capitalized and enlarged the word "Break" to put emphasis for the pampered pay-to-winners with their 547347498380 HD ores and easy access to upgrade certs.

Right now, when I get a +9 and people congratulate me, I'm like "Ahh thanks..." That's really the only response I can give them. There's really nothing to show anymore when there are other people out there who can +12 gears due to their unlimited supply to Kafra upgrade supplies.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 October 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#90 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

I remember the times when I was showing my friend my epic +7 Gakkung 5 years ago. He was like "Nice weapon you got there. How many Gakkungs did you BREAK to get that? Wanna upgrade my Bastard sword (it was one of the best swords for Knights at the time) for me?"

I capitalized and enlarged the word "Break" to put emphasis for the pampered pay-to-winners with their 547347498380 HD ores and easy access to upgrade certs.

Right now, when I get a +9 and people congratulate me, I'm like "Ahh thanks..." That's really the only response I can give them. There's really nothing to show anymore when there are other people out there who can +12 gears due to their unlimited supply to Kafra upgrade supplies.

To be fair I think that the situation you're describing here is more nostalgia than anything else. The game had to change and with that change came the Kafra Shop. Change is inevitable.

In my eyes the real message of this thread is that the Kafra Shop could have been handled better and not a question of whether it should exist at all.

#91 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

I know this discussion is long since touched, but I feel as if none of the voices on this thread were taken under any real consideration.

Holy Resurrection batman!!!
Iro is a budding evil empire. If you haven't realized it yet ... shame on you.

#92 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I bet it took 30k blue gemstones to rez this thread.

#93 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Or just a lot of creeping on Sera's past posts.

It's ok. We're all done it.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I should go necro bump all my threads where the GMs didn't do exacctly as I thought might possibly be the best road for RO too.

#95 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

somebody needs to change avatars....

Posted Image

#96 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

Holy Resurrection batman!!!
Iro is a budding evil empire. If you haven't realized it yet ... shame on you.

Holy heartbreak Batman!
Yes I have noticed :C
I quit the game recently. I'm considering just taking only my characters over to Ymir (or some other server) and no items but what's on their backs.
I don't want to mess up what they've got going on though.

Edited by Okii, 10 October 2011 - 04:08 AM.

#97 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

Or just a lot of creeping on Sera's past posts.

It's ok. We're all done it.

He posted it on the fun-gineers thread xD
I clicked it aaaand well seeing as how long ago all this stuff was said... obviously nothing was done.
-_- just got worse after that, to be honest.

#98 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

I can't think of very many people with all +9 or better gear on the server you play. And the ones that do are all players that would be remarkable for one reason or another anyway do to how long they have played the game and what they know or can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users