Kimarts are expensive Q__Q - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kimarts are expensive Q__Q

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

^ d/w if bosses were still around you'd be QQing more about how you never get em because some darn mega cat came and KSed you. =[

How is he QQing? He's just stating the fact of how unfair it is for newer players. Sure if bosses are still around there would be KSers and such but atleast the supply wouldnt be limited to a set amount and the prices on them wouldnt be sky high. All this is doing is letting old players profit while limiting the reach of new players allowing a huge power/wealth gap.

QQ i want those 3 medals it's impossible for older players to get QQ

Well QQ no more since for your medal problem there is actually a solution. Remake if you want them so bad. Thats always an option for you. Another beauty of being an old player is even if you do remake your heirloom gears are transferable. You'll still be rocking the old bone dragon set. Meanwhile its impossible for some newer players to even get a hold of them.
Going back to medals...New players can't get some of the old medals like the valentine or dragonica one and so on. And for us there isnt a solution.

Drop your snobby elitist veteran attitude and start seeing things from the other side instead of telling people they're QQing. Its obvious you only say the stuffs you did cause you're one of the people who benefit from this. How about letting people ask for equality and let everyone play on even ground without b!tching them out cause theyre threatening your elitist status??

@igozuvi
The argument isnt even about old player being more prosperous. I don't care how rich veteran players are as long as i have an equal opportunity to get the same thing they have [given time and work]. I don't care if veterans have all LEGEND heirloom BD set as long as i can get a REGULAR grade heirloom BD set. That way i can at least be on the
same starting ground as them and then just work my way up towards higher grade and enchant with my hard work.

^__________^ I'm huge!

#52 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

^well what your saying is true, but knowing some "people," your either gonna get an agreeable arguement or some rude person going "umad?" or "cool story bro."

#53 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

@BigCu:

Well technically, it is possible for a new player to get a full heirloom bonedragon set. It's quite simple really. Just level up a farming character to the appropriate range (45-55) for a money making map (css/cof). That should take you about 2-3 weeks with 2-3 hours a day. Then start grinding! At typical speeds, a 2-hour run at CSS for me with constant killing will net 3.5k kills. This usually averages to 200-300g pure cash, little less than 1 stack of souls, 5-10 WP, 10-20 AP, some cakes, yogurts, and also about 55-65 gada. At current market prices, you'll make roughly 500-650g depending on kill speed and luck.

Now hopefully you have a class that old BD gears are cheap. Chances are you'll be dishing out at least 1200g per unenchanted, regular/advanced piece with a poor stat. So if you want 6 pieces better get ready to pony up 7200g bare minimum, but you want the backpack piece, too? Now you can tack on anywhere from 2.5k-25k for a clean piece.So total cost so far is say, 17k for a full clean seat on average. Just thirty-four hours of focused work, really.

Good luck with the miscellaneous costs that come after that though. You know: powders, insurance, soul crafting, more insurance, randomizers, reducers, etc. Don't forget to multiply by 2 for all your IM gear as well.

No biggie. <_<

Edit: Better hurry up though new players, this offer only while supplies last!

Edited by Midoof, 05 February 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#54 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Just adding on, 34 hours of farming is no where near to the amount of time people spent farming bd before the patch. Getting all the shards was far more consuming than doing the runs.

#55 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

You forgot to account the luck factor AFTER all that grinding and hunting of finding a seller for your set. Like you said,these set are limited so maybe the first 20 or so hardworking non vet players are lucky enough to be able to obtain them but what about the 100 hard working others?

Also i think the price range is higher if you only factor in the USEFUL BD sets like myrm/pally/priest and not pathfinder or sins or rogue. Just the back piece for myrm or pally are 20k+[and rising] now with 600-700g per 2 hours at cof it'd take you over 30 of straight farming for that one piece.

Once again even AFTER farming and having all the cash there is no guarantee that someone will sell them to you.

@Yurai

The main complaint isnt about the amount of farming it takes, but the fact that some of us can't even get em even if we are willing to put forth the time.

Edited by BigCU, 05 February 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#56 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Just wait for new equips then. It's not really the end of the game. Also, plenty of new equips offer better bonuses than the bone stuff, especially once we get the next major content update.

#57 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Yo those 50agi/3%aim gloves are op

#58 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yo those 50agi/3%aim gloves are op

OP indeed.

Also the F7 jewellery has some good factors in them. And just imagine 2 10star Ice dragon Regno lunar rings on a tank.

#59 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Just wait for new equips then. It's not really the end of the game. Also, plenty of new equips offer better bonuses than the bone stuff, especially once we get the next major content update.

I agree with this. If new player want a fresh start with the old player, new content together with new equips is the solution. I don't get why people always QQing about BD and such when BD is just level 60. Unless they want to stay at that level. This all argument is pretty invalid.

#60 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Just adding on, 34 hours of farming is no where near to the amount of time people spent farming bd before the patch. Getting all the shards was far more consuming than doing the runs.

Working my sleep schedule around respawn times for 3-4 channels every week was not fun -_-

#61 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

I agree that the new content update will somewhat even the playing ground unfortunately our updates takes forever =/.

I agree with this. If new player want a fresh start with the old player, new content together with new equips is the solution. I don't get why people always QQing about BD and such when BD is just level 60. Unless they want to stay at that level. This all argument is pretty invalid.

Once again stfu with the whole "QQing" talk. BD was used as an example. I can sit here and name 100 dif items or i can go with one that people are quite familiar with. Also BD are usable at 60 but that doesnt make them level 60 equips. I've seen people above level 67 still using BD. Theyre pretty much end game as of now so YOUR argument is pretty invalid.

#62 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

Those 40agi/10%CD boots are op. also
i find CP is better than BD in most cases. such as pallies for example -_-

#63 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

I agree that the new content update will somewhat even the playing ground unfortunately our updates takes forever =/.

Once again stfu with the whole "QQing" talk. BD was used as an example. I can sit here and name 100 dif items or i can go with one that people are quite familiar with. Also BD are usable at 60 but that doesnt make them level 60 equips. I've seen people above level 67 still using BD. Theyre pretty much end game as of now so YOUR argument is pretty invalid.

I guess you want to stay at level 6x? I admit that there are old items that are unobtainable. But we are not collecting antiques here. Or maybe that is what you want? -_-

#64 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

I agree that some of the new chapter 3 equips are quite impressive comparing piece by piece. However when talking about defense, I haven't seen any evidence so far that BD has been surpassed or even matched in terms of base def/mdef. Assuming BD remains the best defensive gear (also with very good set bonuses) new players wanting to maximize on such a build would be hard-pressed to compete.

Whether you "get" the actual complaint is irrelevant, but let me explain it to all the naysayers again. As Endbringer and Yurai pointed out, it took a substantial amount of effort to obtain the BD equips back when they were obtainable. To many post-THQ players, we are jealous simply of the fact they had the opportunity to work for them in the way they did. We do not want a "fresh" start per se, as most of us understand that being a veteran to a game SHOULD naturally have benefits.

The problem is that while the population grows (as it hopefully should), the number of heirloom gears does not. For most of these equips, the point is trivial as there will be equipment that can match or better them. The fact remains that some heirloom gears will be optimal for certain classes. Though they aren't heirloom, the fire/water guardian IM sets also are a great example of something previously available that aren't any longer. The difference is they were event items.

What doesn't make sense to a lot of players (both old and new) is why there are heirloom gears to begin with. Plenty of threads have asked for an official answer but to no avail. This is where the frustration, or as many of the vets put it "QQing", comes from. Why nearly ALL these non-event items, previously regularly accessible, just cease to be so without dealing with a veteran or someone who got it themselves via veteran. As Big has said, there are also many other items you can point out in this way. Consumables such as love love warps, and even heirloom recipe weapons like magma and magichenge come to mind immediately (importance being in their superior atk/matk).

#65 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

How is he QQing? He's just stating the fact of how unfair it is for newer players. Sure if bosses are still around there would be KSers and such but atleast the supply wouldnt be limited to a set amount and the prices on them wouldnt be sky high. All this is doing is letting old players profit while limiting the reach of new players allowing a huge power/wealth gap.

Not necessarily. As implied earlier, the supply can be easily limited by the people/guilds with the dedication to monopolize and farm all the boss spawns (just don't sell your boss equips). Each boss spawned after a specific amount of time, so people would record when they killed the mob, log on when it was time for boss spawns, and kill them again. Not sure how powerful your weapon is, but unless your one of the people who is willing to wait a couple of hours just for an attempt to ks someone, then I doubt you would get anything.

Counterpoints for complainers who say that old players have an advantage

- Back equips with good stats were more or equally expensive before we had randomizers and reducers.

- Same thing with boss equips.

- Takes less time to farm gold and buy bone equips then it did to actually farm them from the old Van Cliff.

- Most players can farm the gold for whatever they want if they actually have the dedication to do so. I wasn't around when people got Kimarts and I made 15k in less than a week in order to buy mine. All you need is motivation.

- Guardian sets were available for 500g a piece early on, and you can't blame old players if new players didn't take advantage of that. Also, a complete guardian set is even less expensive than bone set.

- Mix-board sets are viable alternative options and comparable to guardian sets

- You can wait for new equips to come out and get those if you don't want to bother with the ones we have now.

- You can level up much faster now then you could in the past.

- The changes made to the game and equips becoming no longer farmable was Barunson's decision. We have to deal with these random changes sometimes.

- Some old players don't have everything they want players and wish they could still farm bone, obtain kimarts, boss drops, and backs. The ones who have everything are the people who are dedicated and played the game consistently.

I think that refutes most of the arguments and protesting relating to things being unfair between new and old players. If you want something in the game, work for it. If you have some bad luck, deal with it. Luck and dedication are key if you want to come out on top in this game. Someone might fail +20 more then two hundred times and someone else might succeed on the first try. And honestly, even though there is no real advantage, why shouldn't the veterans of the game have an advantage? They've invested the most time into the game and continued playing it for far longer than newer players. If only there was more grinding and less whining, by now, all the complainers would probably have all of the equips that they currently want, and they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Edited by Maronu, 06 February 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#66 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

- Guardian sets were available for 500g a piece early on, and you can't blame old players if new players didn't take advantage of that. Also, a complete guardian set is even less expensive than bone set.

When someone says "new player" I think it as their first character ever at lv 1. I doubt they even know what the guardian set is or even have the gold to take advantage of it.

Anyways, these newer players fail to realize is that even people back on THQ who wanted BD equips couldn't even get them because there were monopolized.
The newer players also don't know about the black market items. Those items were game breaking back then, although they're not much of a problem now due better equips that are obtainable now.

Edited by Thuy, 06 February 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#67 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'll reply in underline italics...eventhough this post's already been countered with previous posts i guess this person will read better if its a reply directly to them

Not necessarily. As implied earlier, the supply can be easily limited by the people/guilds with the dedication to monopolize and farm all the boss spawns (just don't sell your boss equips). Each boss spawned after a specific amount of time, so people would record when they killed the mob, log on when it was time for boss spawns, and kill them again. Not sure how powerful your weapon is, but unless your one of the people who is willing to wait a couple of hours just for an attempt to ks someone, then I doubt you would get anything.

Sure if they can clock it all day erryday then go them. What are they gonna do with them once it clogs up their storage? Eventually they're gonna have to spill em out on the market. Eventually theyre gonna be sick of clocking it and other peeps will have the opportunity to where as the current situation the newer peeps don't get that opportunity.

- Back equips with good stats were more or equally expensive before we had randomizers and reducers.

Your point? Old players still have their "bad stats" bone cape or boss items and they can randomize them now and make 1003943943golds. Going back to atleast yall have the stuffs to randomize while all we have are randomizers. Lets do some math... someone who has both heirloom stuffs AND randomizer vs someone who only have randomizers..who's at the advantage? Bringing this up is a greeeeeeat counterpoint.
- Takes less time to farm gold and buy bone equips then it did to actually farm them from the old Van Cliff.

- Most players can farm the gold for whatever they want if they actually have the dedication to do so. I wasn't around when people got Kimarts and I made 15k in less than a week in order to buy mine. All you need is motivation.
Already replied to that in previous posts. Here's a quote from the person who posted above you "The problem is that while the population grows (as it hopefully should), the number of heirloom gears does not." Now what does this mean? Yeah I can farm and the next 100people can farm and get 100k gold each but if there are only 20 kimarts on the whole server 80 of us will still get F**Ked nomatter how hard we farm. GET IT?!!?
Are you an idiot? Noone was comparing bone and guardian prices. They were brought up as example. Yeah it totally make sense to blame someone who joined a week ago for not taking advantage of the guardian prices from a month back...totally logical. The fact remains, items are limited and new people gets screwed over and even newer peeps gets screwed over even harder.

- You can wait for new equips to come out and get those if you don't want to bother with the ones we have now.

- The changes made to the game and equips becoming no longer farmable was Barunson's decision. We have to deal with these random changes sometimes.

- Some old players don't have everything they want players and wish they could still farm bone, obtain kimarts, boss drops, and backs. The ones who have everything are the people who are dedicated and played the game consistently.

I think that refutes most of the arguments and protesting relating to things being unfair between new and old players. If you want something in the game, work for it. If you have some bad luck deal with it. Luck and dedication are key if you want to come out on top in this game. Someone might fail +20 more then two hundred times and someone else might succeed on the first try. And honestly, even though there is no real advantage, why shouldn't the veterans of the game have an advantage? They've invested the most time into the game and continued playing it for far longer than newer players. If only there was more grinding and less whining, by now, all the complainers would probably have all of the equips that they currently want, and they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

The rest of the posts are retarded and has already been countered and discussed. You didn't refute any arguments you just made yourself look stupid by saying "you can get what you want as long as you work for it" and "It was hard to do this, hard to farm that and so on". As i stated way back i don't give a damn how hard it was i just want an equal opportunity to farm em. I can farm for eternity but there is no guaranteed that I'll have a seller.

to conclude this..
I'm HUGE ^___^ [my cu that is]

Edited by BigCU, 06 February 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#68 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

When someone says "new player" I think it as their first character ever at lv 1. I doubt they even know what the guardian set is or even have the gold to take advantage of it.

Anyways, these newer players fail to realize is that even people back on THQ who wanted BD equips couldn't even get them because there were monopolized.
The newer players also don't know about the black market items. Those items were game breaking back then, although they're not much of a problem now due better equips that are obtainable now.

Actually, my friend who started playing in around December already has a full guardian set. She started out with 0 gold and I didn't help her at all, so it is possible if you know what you're doing.

#69 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Actually, my friend who started playing in around December already has a full guardian set. She started out with 0 gold and I didn't help her at all, so it is possible if you know what you're doing.

I'm sure he meant that by the time that level 1 newbie with 0gold farm enough to buy guardian sets the price wouldnt be at 500g anymore. So its not their fault that "they didn't take advantage of the cheap prices" as the other poster mentioned.

#70 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Perhaps so, but it's a nice benefit of actually having some to begin with, right? Whereas new generation have to start at square 1 with no back equips and grind in order to pay veterans just to begin. Poor veterans have access to the only supply in the game

Tell me something, how long will this be true? As I pointed out earlier, the supply of BD gears is not growing while the playerbase is (..IF it does). The only place for the prices of BD equips to go is up unless there will be suitable replacements, which is debatable depending on the class and build they are reaching for.

This just proves the point that Veterans DO have a substantial advantage over newer players. Your hard work paid off someone who exploited a GM's careless mistake. Congrats. The new players aren't complaining about grinding gold, the finite supply of goods is whats being discussed. Perhaps a couple players now can grind enough to buy the important heirloom gear, but what about a few months from now? Again, this is only applying to the heirlooms that hold competitive value with alternatives being inferior.

This is a different case as guardian gear were an event-only cash item, which makes them perfectly reasonable to have a finite supply of. Though how you can say it is the new players' fault for not taking advantage of something that wasn't available post-THQ is questionable.

All I can say to this is, what mix board. Can anyone direct me to a working mix board? And if/when they bring the mix board back, will all the previously accessible sets be there?

This has been answered time and again. Yes we obviously can, thanks for the info. But for the classes where there isn't a superior alternative to heirloom, they lose out on efficiency. Veteran's response? Tough luck, grind moar and pay me.

What is the point of this? This applies to vets and new players alike. Only inexperienced players would complain about the "difficulty" of leveling at this point.

This is central to the entire argument. Though debating this is unlikely to change anything, it's worth trying. The decision by Barunson or whoever to make all the equip's now named Heirloom inaccessible was extremely harmful to anyone hoping to compete in this game's top tier. Though not impossible, the difficulty is where the heart of the unfairness is. Especially knowing it might not be possible later on to get so-and-so equip.

I agree those who paid the efforts deserve them. But what about the players that join now or in the future that are equally as dedicated? There's no guarantee that with the same effort will yield the same result.

I think that refutes most of the arguments and protesting relating to things being unfair between new and old players. If you want something in the game, work for it. If you have some bad luck, deal with it. Luck and dedication are key if you want to come out on top in this game. Someone might fail +20 more then two hundred times and someone else might succeed on the first try. And honestly, even though there is no real advantage, why shouldn't the veterans of the game have an advantage? They've invested the most time into the game and continued playing it for far longer than newer players. If only there was more grinding and less whining, by now, all the complainers would probably have all of the equips that they currently want, and they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Perhaps the complainers of today would. But again, I'm wondering about the people who will consider joining this game in the future. Honestly I would not recommend this game to someone who wishes to compete at the top levels of pvp due to how they'd have to be making the veterans richer in order to compete with them. Not to mention all the class imbalance, pvp glitches, lag, etc. With sincere hope, I hope this all changes with chapter 3, but looking at the track record of Warp Portal so far, there is many a reason to doubt. This is your big shot WP, please prove me wrong and make me eat my words for I will gladly do so if I know that things will be at least be more balanced then they are now.

#71 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

I'm sure he meant that by the time that level 1 newbie with 0gold farm enough to buy guardian sets the price wouldnt be at 500g anymore. So its not their fault that "they didn't take advantage of the cheap prices" as the other poster mentioned.

The point is that the date she started playing was well over when guardian pieces were over 1kg each on the market, yet was still able to afford it with proper money management and research into what is a good investment and what's not. Ultimately, anyone who plays smart was able to obtain the guardian sets, even the new players. Besides, it happens in every MMO. Old untradable event exclusive items are no longer able to be obtained in the future and people deal with it. There's no point in complaining about tradable items that still can be obtained.

Perhaps the complainers of today would. But again, I'm wondering about the people who will consider joining this game in the future. Honestly I would not recommend this game to someone who wishes to compete at the top levels of pvp due to how they'd have to be making the veterans richer in order to compete with them. Not to mention all the class imbalance, pvp glitches, lag, etc. With sincere hope, I hope this all changes with chapter 3, but looking at the track record of Warp Portal so far, there is many a reason to doubt. This is your big shot WP, please prove me wrong and make me eat my words for I will gladly do so if I know that things will be at least be more balanced then they are now.

Having wealth in this game means absolutely nothing to dedicated end game players if you are not lucky. You can spend well over 100kg and still end up with nothing or even worse than what you started with.

Edited by Yurai, 06 February 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#72 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Sure if they can clock it all day erryday then go them. What are they gonna do with them once it clogs up their storage? Eventually they're gonna have to spill em out on the market. Eventually theyre gonna be sick of clocking it and other peeps will have the opportunity to where as the current situation the newer peeps don't get that opportunity

I've seen it done. Matt and Jake owned almost the entire servers supply of boss equips on Dekard for the first few months, and that was two people. Also, when you have a guild that you are loyal to you just give the times to other people when your sick of farming. In the past, people monopolized and controlled things. Storage problem, lols. There is no limit to how many characters you can have. Not a problem.

Already replied to that in previous posts. Here's a quote from the person who posted above you "The problem is that while the population grows (as it hopefully should), the number of heirloom gears does not." Now what does this mean? Yeah I can farm and the next 100people can farm and get 100k gold each but if there are only 20 kimarts on the whole server 80 of us will still get F**Ked nomatter how hard we farm. GET IT?!!?

Get them now if you want them, but it doesn't really matter if you do, since better items will be out in the future. There is simply a temporary disadvantage due to more time spent playing the game. The supply doesn't matter if the demand disappears.

Are you an idiot? Noone was comparing bone and guardian prices. They were brought up as example. Yeah it totally make sense to blame someone who joined a week ago for not taking advantage of the guardian prices from a month back...totally logical. The fact remains, items are limited and new people gets screwed over and even newer peeps gets screwed over even harder.

The people who join a long time from now will be at a large disadvantage only if there is no alternative to the current best equips or there is no new server. I feel that we will most likely have a new server at some point and there will be alternatives to the current best equips (including cash equips). If you disagree, then I guess you have a bit of a point; however, personally, I wasn't sure if boss drops would be removed from the game, and heard that they might, but by the time I heard that boss drops had stopped dropping and bone could not be farmed efficiently due to lack of server maintenance as THQ started to shut down. The server I played on got merged with the other one, the one where people had more time to farm boss items, had access to kimarts, etc. Also, there were 2 or 3 water guardian sets, total, on my server. It isn't fair to me that I decided to play on a particular server and then it got merged with the other, resulting in my character being with players who had more time to farm rare equips, access to better equips, etc, but I don't feel there is very much of a reason to complain about this. It wasn't my fault for not playing on Vyvern because I couldn't foresee future events. As I said, it's luck. You suck it up and you deal with it, or you can complain about it. Life in general isn't fair and this game is no exception. The company who runs this game makes a lot of seemingly unfair and strange decisions. If you enjoy the game, play, but there is no need to stress out when things don't go your way. This is a recreational activity/ pass time after all. If you feel butt hurt or screwed over, quit.

Your point? Old players still have their "bad stats" bone cape or boss items and they can randomize them now and make 1003943943golds. Going back to atleast yall have the stuffs to randomize while all we have are randomizers. Lets do some math... someone who has both heirloom stuffs AND randomizer vs someone who only have randomizers..who's at the advantage? Bringing this up is a greeeeeeat counterpoint.

Point is that prices for things with good stats are comparable to what they were before. I feel the prices of every boss item in the game except for kimarts are completely reasonable and affordable by any player (Kimarts have been addressed by the community several times, but it seems WP and Barunson have decided they are not a long term issue). I was missing a lot of equips that I needed when the servers reopened and I was able to get them without any difficulty (started playing again with about 500g) If all the old players really wanted to rip you off, they would do it, but there are very large supplies of most items and they are extremely reasonably priced considering that they are unavailable. Relatively, most of the items used to cost more when they were first available because there was less supply. For the most part, now is a very good time to join, and I don't feel that players are being price gouged due to availability issues.

The rest of the posts are retarded and has already been countered and discussed. You didn't refute any arguments you just made yourself look stupid by saying "you can get what you want as long as you work for it" and "It was hard to do this, hard to farm that and so on". As i stated way back i don't give a damn how hard it was i just want an equal opportunity to farm em. I can farm for eternity but there is no guaranteed that I'll have a seller.

Farming the items was way more of a pain and more time consuming then it is to get the gold and buy them off the market now. Old players have large supplies of items because they spent the time to farm them and collect them. It's close to the same or easier now, except your farming gold instead of farming the item directly. Honestly, why do you want to farm items that are just going to become obsolete later? I'm sorry, if you feel hurt in some way, and that you feel the need to name call when responding to my post on this issue.

Edited by Maronu, 06 February 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#73 Jshmak

Jshmak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDepends who asking
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

The market even today has considerable heirloom bone dragon pieces, they aren't that hard to get...as for new players, yes they are at a disadvantage for starting late. There is no doubt about it, but honestly the later you start the more catching up you have to do, like every other MMO. I started back in the THQ days but I still was considered late and had to pay considerably more to get what I wanted. You can obtain any item you want in the game at the right price, and yes older "heirloom" pieces will go up in price as time goes by, a sad truth but its not unfair. Everything is first come first serve. Yeah it sucks that whoever just started playing and didn't know about the game up until now has to pay at an over priced cost, but those are the advantages of starting early. You can't really complain about players who has played longer and hopped on the game from the beginning. They are more powerful for a reason.

#74 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

I would simply like less unexpected and unannounced changes in this game. Trying to gear for competitive pvp does suck for the classes that will still have old equips as their best available options for some time (Shamans); however, I think the vast majority of new players will be fine as far as getting gear goes.

#75 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Sure if they can clock it all day erryday then go them. What are they gonna do with them once it clogs up their storage? Eventually they're gonna have to spill em out on the market. Eventually theyre gonna be sick of clocking it and other peeps will have the opportunity to where as the current situation the newer peeps don't get that opportunity.
You think so? This game is just lucky legacy and a couple other realllllly good boss farmers weren't completely selfish.

how come no one's QQing over the woodie chair? best item you'll never get in game.

Posted Image
even the seagull's QQ, they only get straw.

Edited by Meganekko, 06 February 2011 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users