Need for End Game Content - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Need for End Game Content

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

One of the things I see with the World of Rose is that there is very little end game content. I understand that we need to get new players playing Rose so that we get a larger community, so that Gravity makes more money, so we are not supported by Ragnorok. But there is also a big need to keep the players that you get interested in the game. Without much end game content a lot of players get leveled, then level another character, then another, etc. Then you equip all your max level characters and still only get to play one or two very often. And once equiped and ready to go....you have nowhere to go. Oh cool UW (which needs fixing), help friends level (boring), farm, farm some more, or get in trouble.

I think one of the reason so many people get into trouble in Rose is that they are simply bored. We can all go in and stand around TG but sooner or later someone will start tapping on another, then another, then war breaks out. Or high levels go to other PVP maps like DOD to find trouble. Or they work at hacking the game, or finding glitches they can take advantage of, etc. If the high levels had something to do or work toward that would be so much better, you would keep people longer and you would probably make more money for the game.

Some things that come to mind..Achievements, Capture the Flag in Xita or Orlo for high levels, Quests with twists for high levels only, Ways to build your reputation (quests that include "good deeds" like buffing a certain amt of noobs), Quests or maps you need to do things with a group of other high levels, Max level clan working on building clan house (quests for mats, etc.), and any number of suggestions made in this section of forums.

I know the developers are working on some things, but I also think the management team at Rose is focused on getting and retaining new players more than end game content and keeping the old players. I think if you could get the higher level players busier the community would be a lot friendlier towards the new players, which would help keep the new players. Also, fun end game content would encourage new people to level and stick with the game to be able to do those things.

#2 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Well said. Almost nothing to add to this post you are absolutely right!

Raids would be a good way to keep high level players busy! (The ones that take at least 2 hours in doing :D) Like in Sikuku Prison R4, there is a stairwell at the end of the room that leads to nothing. There you could put a nice dungeon with 2 hours of fun and strong bosses!

This one get's a special place :3

Edited by gEddeh, 02 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#3 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Well said. Almost nothing to add to this post you are absolutely right!

Raids would be a good way to keep high level players busy! (The ones that take at least 2 hours in doing :D)

This one get's a special place :3

no not really raids are just another way of farming,and the bosses for the raid are too easy you could 1v1 them (thats a problem)
Very thread mommi +1

#4 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

no not really raids are just another way of farming,and the bosses for the raid are too easy you could 1v1 them (thats a problem)
Very thread mommi +1

Yes but Bendersmom is actually talking about something that keeps the high levels players busy :D 2hour Raids with amazing rewards would certainly be a nice add-on to do so :D

#5 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Yes but Bendersmom is actually talking about something that keeps the high levels players busy :D 2hour Raids with amazing rewards would certainly be a nice add-on to do so :D

but its a different type of farming it wont be "fun" and the people that mom is talking about is maxed out players they dont need to "farm" there stacking already.

#6 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Raids would be fun. I remember when the temple boss was actually a challenge preorlo. They should make something similar except put more bosses of that caliber or even stronger. Make them so they can't advance to the next rooms without killing the bosses of each room and maybe even go as far as if you die, you're teleported out and can't be ressed.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 02 February 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#7 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

DragonSaga
http://forums.warppo...community-chat/
CrimeCraft
FreeStyle
Eternal Destiny

From angrynull sig,

Posted Image Posted Image

I think the picture pretty much explains the situation here, they see no profit on ROSE, Requiem, Ragnarok, so they focused their updates on developing other new games as stated above and occasionally milk as with simple reluctant updates, but looks like only DragonSaga is popular the rest are still at early stages, they are very busy looking for new players to cast their Item Mall revenue spell on, so don't ask or expect any exciting content anymore, the more you anticipate, the more you get disappointed, it's sad to see there are some loyal customers still sitting here everyday making good proposals and suggestion but they don't even have a chance to be looked at, 3R (ROSE, Requiem, Ragnarok) are treated as a transition temporary revenue source for the new games, Triggersoft ditched us in the past and Gravity will do the same if the IM runs out of revenue completely, just a matter of time.

Free to play games are the worst choice of games to pick on earth if you ask me.

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 02 February 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#8 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Wow then why do you play Destiny? Maybe the addition of more games to Gravity would mean more revenue to Gravity which might mean more developers and staff for each game in Gravity. Just a thought. Businesses have to expand, find more ways to make revenue and also the bigger and more popular any of the games are the better chance of getting more money to help all of them. Right now I believe Ragnarok carries Rose more or less. If they get more games it does not mean we get less in Rose. We will still have a development team (1 and a half people more or less right now) and the other support the game needs. Hell, if the new games are good, we might get two whole developers for Rose.

And if I am not mistaken this is the proposal section. I am making a proposal. Never said this all had to happen, just my thoughts and suggestions. I still enjoy the game, I still play it. But at times I find I am bored. A lot of my old Rose friends quit because they were bored. I was trying to suggest ways to help that boredom.

#9 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

lol, at one point in time i obviously was addicted to this game, but im slowly kinda gettting less addicted, cus im plain and simply bored, btw fix the god damn clan system please?

#10 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

The time they make refining Item mall dependent, I've already decided to quit this game, but it's partially quiting not completely meaning I log in and do some insignificant stuff and chit chat with few of my friends that left in this game.

Doing any kind of stuff that takes time and effort do not pay off after this game went free to play, because Item Mall will destroy all your hard work, no reason to farm (medal of fortune), no reason to vend , no reason to risk for high refines (vena/pluto), no reason to level (exp medal), no reason to PvP (pots, IM buffs), no reason to collect good stat gear (weekly IM updates).

I need to stop now, don't want to cold watering your thread, but I'm destined to make replies like this every time I see post that ask for content for old players, Gravity needs new players that are willing to spend but not old players that completely understand their development system and their evil deeds. :D

#11 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Wow then why do you play Destiny? Maybe the addition of more games to Gravity would mean more revenue to Gravity which might mean more developers and staff for each game in Gravity. Just a thought. Businesses have to expand, find more ways to make revenue and also the bigger and more popular any of the games are the better chance of getting more money to help all of them. Right now I believe Ragnarok carries Rose more or less. If they get more games it does not mean we get less in Rose. We will still have a development team (1 and a half people more or less right now) and the other support the game needs. Hell, if the new games are good, we might get two whole developers for Rose.

And if I am not mistaken this is the proposal section. I am making a proposal. Never said this all had to happen, just my thoughts and suggestions. I still enjoy the game, I still play it. But at times I find I am bored. A lot of my old Rose friends quit because they were bored. I was trying to suggest ways to help that boredom.

LOLOL funny cause this is true.

#12 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Achivements imo would be pretty lame.. i have my xbox for that :D
but raids would be fun :D

#13 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Rose doesn't have challenges anymore, which is one of the main things that hold peoples interest. Sure new players might play the game, but most of the time they won't stick around long simply because the lack of challenges.

#14 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

BENDERSMOM you read our minds

what you said is pretty much what players that have been around for a while think ...what next kinda stuff

in the past few days old experienced players have made quite some suggestions about how the game needs to change for the better rather than how it is now
we the community are basically supplying all the info in our ways that we can
what do we get in return nothing
i have sincerely been hoping that once in a while i will see a rose developer actually comment on a post and give his/her views on the topic
its never really happened

m thinking of making a thread asking the devs about what they really plan to deliver in the next few patches and their future aims
and what i can expect as a part of the game community

i have held back till now as i dont own them and wasnt sure about how they would such a post would be received by the devs but i gotta say rose is not on the right track currently

the champ nerf and cleric improvements threads went upto 15 pages and there wasnt even a single post by the devs about what their views are

come on...how difficult is it to search QUICKSTEP and do a delete all...surely it doesnt take 2-3 months

i am really hoping some one or even 1/2 of the remaining developer responds to any thread soon

or i might as well try optimizing my chances to hit on megan fox than try changing rose Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Cordie

Cordie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

A suggestion I really went at is the clan-housing wich lead me to the clan-skill that are in the game but still not in it <_<

The Clan should have some sort of goal to work towards. However I do not like the clan grade without adding something new that needs to be done instead of the never-ending collection of clan points. Sure double the amount of clan points and mats needed but add something else that needs to be done, like fighting in a TRULY HARD instance without anyone dying, not even once.

Make a clan house where ppl can hang out together and do entertaining things together. And you should be able to add stuff into this with help from a crafter. Build a bench in your own park, plant a tree, water the tree, tree give magical fruits (1 a day) that works as a good pot for mp restoration.
Gather some materials for a magical potion you can only make TOGETHER and it will make your clan-nam glow in a certain colour.
You can go to the clan-house via a teleportation-lady^^

But most of all I'm curious about these clan skill and clan wars that are yet to be implemented.

#16 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

There's an easy thing that can be done now: change the lvl requirement for Cave of Ulverick, to a higher lvl (around 210~220), and of course, make the mobs strong enough that the party needs to be full, with tank, healer and dps (all active).

While we play this Cave, the dev tem can create others like that.

But the raid must have some worthy items from bosses, like new versions of current items, or even bound-to-char items.

Achievements with titles and unique rewards is another great ideia, like listed above; and new pvp games.

#17 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Developing Rose for new players is a great idea in theory. Making it look nice and maybe advertising will work for that. But really the problem I see lately is in retaining players in general. Once new people get their characters max level (which is not very hard) they will then maybe make one or two more characters. But then what? Boredom sets in. A number of popular games are built in a way that leveling to max level is the first part, but once there, the game really begins. That way the players are retained since there are so many activities to keep them going.

A number of us "old" players have stuck by Rose for a very long time in hopes of some end game content being delivered. I stil have hopes of that but lately it seems that a lot of what is being added are geared to the lower level characters or new players. I know the latest big patch was Muris which is for higher levels, but once you maxed the new level caps and farmed for a bit in Orlo, the excitement was done. The only "fun" things for high levels to do now is UW (very frustrating and disappointing), TG (lots of drama or boring), farm (been there, done that, have the 15 gear). I would imagine that most of the tickets sent in to WarpPortal involving problems are from drama in TG/DOD or people doing things they shouldn't out of boredom.

It seems to me that a number of suggestions that have been presented here on forums would not take too much work on the Developing end to implement. But since I know nothing about it, I could be wrong. Fixing the UW map, making the sign up process for UW different to even out sides, moving the UW portal to random places, implementing a Ulverick Cave type place in Xita or Orlo, making a clan field in Xita, increasing clan grade, making a hard to kill monster quest that only high levels can kill in a party for a "special" prize for each party memeber, etc. (I can't remember all the suggestions I have read here).

I am not complaining, I am just trying to let the Developers know what a number of us are thinking as to end game content and the need for such. Where is the love for the "old" players?

Edited by Bendersmom, 11 February 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#18 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

It seems to me that a number of suggestions that have been presented here on forums would not take too much work on the Developing end to implement. But since I know nothing about it, I could be wrong. Fixing the UW map, making the sign up process for UW different to even out sides, moving the UW portal to random places, implementing a Ulverick Cave type place in Xita or Orlo, making a clan field in Xita, increasing clan grade, making a hard to kill monster quest that only high levels can kill in a party for a "special" prize for each party memeber, etc. (I can't remember all the suggestions I have read here).

I think alot of the proposals you listed there are going to take alot of time. I think they should begin putting in proposals like 10-player parties, make champs less stronger, making a more user friendly community friend list and have an option to appraise all your items at the same time.
The effect of this would be that players finally see that the Developers are using some of their proposals to enhance gameplay. This will decrease the doubts that people have towards the Developers, and it would give the Developers more time to work out the more complex proposals like the ones you used as an example :Emo_18: The last 2 proposals you listed are somewhat better to be implented with ease. Higher clangrades would be really nice and having more 'superbosses' would be awesome too! :Emo_18:

#19 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

I said about Cave of Ulverick as a high level instance, and forgot to say about the Turak Hunt quest. That's an amazing map, bust must be filled with monsters until you get Turak, and of course, it giving worthy drops. The quest to enter it could be removed, including a 24 hour lock (like Cave of Ulverick).

It'll take work, but the maps are done. The dev team just need to change drops, monsters stats and other details, and we'll have 2 instances with great (and hard) drops to conquest.

Another suggestion is making anything in Dolphin Island. The chars can run faster than carts, then now could be a good time for improving the cart system.
An ideia for Dolphin Island is making a Racing Competition system, where the player place the bet on the npc and wait for your time to run. The system teleports the riders to the start line and all start togheter. The first to finish the race get all the money of the bets (around 6 players, like a party. Perhaps the system does the party automatically).

Yes, It'll take a lot of work and exploits, but I thought a good ideia, for most players don't even know the Dolphin Island map, cause this is useless now (as ever).

#20 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Getting a new player- not too hard
Getting to 220- once again, it isn't that tough
Retaining an older player- Farming, chatting, uw, Tg, Cw that's really it. I find it impossible to play this game consistently when there is little to do.

#21 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

I said about Cave of Ulverick as a high level instance, and forgot to say about the Turak Hunt quest. That's an amazing map, bust must be filled with monsters until you get Turak, and of course, it giving worthy drops. The quest to enter it could be removed, including a 24 hour lock (like Cave of Ulverick).

It'll take work, but the maps are done. The dev team just need to change drops, monsters stats and other details, and we'll have 2 instances with great (and hard) drops to conquest.

Another suggestion is making anything in Dolphin Island. The chars can run faster than carts, then now could be a good time for improving the cart system.
An ideia for Dolphin Island is making a Racing Competition system, where the player place the bet on the npc and wait for your time to run. The system teleports the riders to the start line and all start togheter. The first to finish the race get all the money of the bets (around 6 players, like a party. Perhaps the system does the party automatically).

Yes, It'll take a lot of work and exploits, but I thought a good ideia, for most players don't even know the Dolphin Island map, cause this is useless now (as ever).

It would be very easy. Make a falling gait like in CW maps and do what they did for the winter event with cart racing and check points.

#22 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

i think if the DEVS worked on improving the union war system like i proposed a while back with my map suggestion

balanced the chars a bit more

and sorted out union wars so they only had active fighters and even sides

most of the old players and new ones at 200+ would enjoy the union wars more

then maybe add a raid or two even if they have to reuse an old map like the one used in ruins for the quest atm and put some kik ass monsters on it with some mega hard bosses so it takes an hour or 2 to complete it

make parties bigger so if we get raids we can go as a big party ot even just so u can farm with more friends

make it so we can get clans higher than lvl 7 and add more people to clans

i know these arent high on the devs priorities but i think some of these would give the higher lvl players something to do that wouldnt take a great deal of resources to do but would be good for new and old players

im not knocking orlo and the new maps but sorry to say its ok for a week of entertainment but then its old hat the union war system is something that most players play every day every 2 hours 7 days a week i SERIOUSILY suggest u think about putting time in to improving this including balancing the chars a bit more making union war and things like it a success

#23 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Add something....

#24 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

It would be very easy. Make a falling gait like in CW maps and do what they did for the winter event with cart racing and check points.

I missed the winter events :X So there was a racing with checkpoints?! It would be perfect on Dolphin Island.

#25 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

What needs to be done, More instances, each instance need a certain difficulty. And the boss Should ALWAYS yeild a good drop, making them worthwhile. And they need to make more bosses, and kings. They need to make the current ones drop better loot and MUCH harder, so it takes whole parties to kill them..
E.G. My raider (204 atm) Solo'd one of the hardest bosses in the game, only self buffs and no pots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users