nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

I'm a lvl 195 FS Cleric on the draconis server. I recently maxed INT stats wich brings me to a very hard choice..

My question is simple. What benefits will my Cleric obtain from the folowing builds:

#1 Full int, rest in str
#2 Full int, rest in: 50% dex, 50% con.

At the moment I have 1365 points left to distribute. I find I really hard to make a choice.

Some background on my character:
I mostly spend my time in parties (offcourse), buffing and healing my partymembers. I hardly ever get a chance to fight, but thats obviously not my job in the party anyway. In build nr 1 I will find myself more defendable during battles, cause of the amount of def added. In build #2 I will experience an amount of dodge, and I will be able to take part in some actual fighting.

So once more, the question is whether build nr 1 or 2 gives my character more benefit caused by the additional def or dodge added.

please forgive any misspells, ask me to explain unclear parts

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

If you are support and want to survive better, put the rest of points into dex. You can still do fine with a defense build but the survivibilty you gain from strength is insignificant. And by defense build I mean using gear with defense stats and pink opal gems.

#3 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

I did Dex build and am switching to str +con. I found that since pvp is all thats really left at end game I might want to be able to hit something and keep from dying in less than 1 second.

#4 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

The fact is, adding strength won't help you survive. Dex will give you attack power and the dodge you gain from it will give you more survivabilty.

#5 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

It really depends on the build. I've found that dex does little to nothing with pvp, especially UW, which is why I am switching. It works very well on pvm though.

#6 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Again, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. You need to have worthwhile dodge to make it work, but when you can reach enough dodge it will be much more beenficial than the defense gain from str (You don't need dodge gear on everything).

Edited by Phish, 03 February 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#7 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

well i didn't max dex but i was getting up there and it wasn't helping a lot. You probably know a lot better than me <_< i'm still a newb at heart.

#8 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

@ Phish = What do you find a significant amount of dex ? I calculated that I can aproximately add 230 points (max) into dex.

Thanks for replying to my post. I would like to hear some opinions about this mather so please add your thoughts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users