can we get boxter? - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

can we get boxter?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

um....instead of princess knife?

Hmmm... Does it need to be a weapon since weapons aren't often offered in boxes?

But A decent weapon usable by most classes...um...BRAIN HURT!QUESTION HARD!!!

#27 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

KVM isn't in this box, and it will not be tradable, yes I'm sure everyone would love that, but it is a step I'm not comfortable with from a game mechanic point of view.

were you comfortable with implementing an OCA NPC and then not doing a rollback? -_-

#28 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

I think people liked the +20 stat food more then the military rations. Those that didn't were able to vend them

Does anyone use party scrolls anymore?

Edited by r0n1n, 07 February 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#29 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Andini, from a business perspective and game event perspective, yes it was. As a long term game mechanic no.

#30 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

r0n1n

Noted, We will look at doing those instead as a class D, fewer, but replacement.

#31 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

KVM isn't in this box, and it will not be tradable, yes I'm sure everyone would love that, but it is a step I'm not comfortable with from a game mechanic point of view.

Boxter was to remove things that were untradable/usable so that you could get another chance. The KVM rations can be earned in-game which makes them somewhat bad entry in her wish list.

A better question is what would you trade the Princess Knife out for?

If you want to swap Princess Knife for other daggers,
Ice pick. It's not game breaking, but useful. The price range of it is around the price of other Class A items.
Combat Knife is useful for every job other than expanded and acolyte jobs for reduction purposes.

#32 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

No Ice Pick Pls.... We had play and insane amount of Rock,Paper and Scissor for the God Weapon.. (Beside it obtainable by doing quest)

#33 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Can you make the ribbon and HD ores vendable please?

#34 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Can you make the ribbon and HD ores vendable please?

Especially the ribbons. I thought all headgears were supposed to be tradeable?

#35 Miaa

Miaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

What can't you get rid of? Either from a quest (Augers) or trade/sell to players?

Stupid Thor hats, arent tradeable, and i have FOUR of them (from 15 boxes), no need at all.

#36 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

The Thor's Hat will be made tradable along with the Ribbons on 2/10.

I love slotted Icepicks and all but there have been tons in the prior boxes, I want to offer new stuff that many players may want but not had access to yet. The princess knife is pretty good when upgraded, at least that was the intention in making it more available.

I think I can figure out something for the Rations, to make them more usable/fun.

#37 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

r0n1n

Noted, We will look at doing those instead as a class D, fewer, but replacement.

the +20 foods were a great, easier reward - especially for 3$ a box! It adds up quickly - please put in boxter on thursday though - people are already spending a lot of money trying to get the items they want but it's quite difficult as well with an increased list of possibilities. I have wayyy too many lvl 99 mercs still and other lucky box items - including augers. I'd rather recycle all the items I'm getting from lucky boxes into more chances to get an MCA (the only other time they were in lucky boxes was ages ago). Plus, just because we obtained 20-30 spiritual auger sets from this lucky box session doesn't mean people will buy them - they will buy MCAs. The class D-A items we don't keep are not sellable for the main reason that everyone has them now and has no need for more of them.

Thanks! I just hear a lot of in game chatter about having boxter this week and I don't see why she wouldn't go in (she does most of the time). Please give us the chance to exchange merc (that are essentially 5 second meat shields these days) and other items for nicer ones!!

Edited by Ultimate, 07 February 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#38 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Boxter was to remove things that were untradable/usable so that you could get another chance. The KVM rations can be earned in-game which makes them somewhat bad entry in her wish list.

A better question is what would you trade the Princess Knife out for?

Personally, I'm really grateful that you guys decided not to put the KVM badges into the boxes anymore. And I hope you keep it that way.

I have been wanting to see more new headgears. This lucky box was satisfying with the Lunar New Year theme. A ton of really cute hats. People definitely love all that. Though I honestly don't think the Princess Knife should have been a Class A Item at all. Class B or Class C would have been fine. Even the Lunatic Hat is worth more than the Princess Knife now. There's something wrong when a Class B or C item is worth more than a Class A item. People are more attracted to hats that are either cute and/or have nice effects. Even better if it's both nice effects and cuteness combined. Try to look out for more of those lower headgear suggestions that have been made before.

Look at this! Ask anyone on these forums. They'd rather see any of those ones as a Class A item instead of the Princess Knife. xD

My personal recommendation? The Scarlet Rose. Ninja Scroll was actually a nice addition this time around.

Edited by GuardianTK, 07 February 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#39 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'll be honest about the hat situation. The "epic" hats are usually locked down by the version that requested it (if it was for a special event) and to actually get the headgear we have to know about it and request it specifically. That is difficult to do when we are given no information about those headgears, which makes sense because partners want to preserve exclusivity as long as possible. We have a bunch of "normal" kafra gear stuff, but they aren't that impressive in appearance or effect. We are requesting a massive amount of headgears, and requesting some of our own from our community suggestions.

Getting what was cool from other versions is great, but getting stuff that is from us is better. I don't have any artists on the team anymore (that have time) to make detailed drawings of how it should look, and then usable in-game. Some of the best RO artists I've had the pleasure of viewing are from from the community, many of them have, deservingly, gone on to being professional artists and make a living from their talents.

We should be doing the hat suggestion threads more often, and that is what Oda plans on doing.

Boxter will likely make another appearance in a later Lucky Box, once certain items get far more common. Converting stuff to HD ores is a possibility, but the HD ores have to be account locked to avoid chargeback issues.

#40 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationWestern New York
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

What can't you get rid of? Either from a quest (Augers) or trade/sell to players?

Spiritual Augers are a common item now, ive attempted to sell them already, as well as thor hats!
HD Elu is another one, i do not feel like upgrading any of my gears.

my main issue is the Augers, i already slotted elven ears and sadly from the prior event guess what! I KEPT GETTING AUGERS and no one really wants to buy them since there are already so many on the market.

Edited by ItalianChild, 07 February 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#41 adolf

adolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Was the ninja scroll really worth almost $150?

Someone start to selling a Ninja Scroll priced 99 Mil zeny on Sunday.
I think he (or her) certainly look this Community Chat on Sunday.
How Greedy one ! :(

By the way, Does Grandma Boxter comes back? -_-

#42 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

seems like we asked for boxter and for that reason she's not comin!

#43 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Accepting donation of spiritual augers and ears cuz i missed the last box event.

#44 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Accepting donation of spiritual augers and ears cuz i missed the last box event.

well they are in this lucky box event too - but if you really need a pair and cant seem to get em pm me!

#45 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

I can't really see a need for Boxter and Spirit Augers, you can get rid of them. Boxter was for things that could not be moved, or used effectively by a specific character.

We will be making the Rations trade/vendable so those are not stuck on you anymore, and is also a request we have had for quite some time anyway.

Thors also will be movable.

HD Ores will not, but those can be easily consumed, or held onto for the occasion you want to.

#46 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

HD ores can not be easily consumed for how many we're getting. Unluckily getting HD ores from the box gives us 30 ores. Now that they require +7 to be used, we'd have to first get stuff to +7, which is like a 1 in 10 chance for Valk with enriched to +4. Then even if we do use the ore, we'd only use maybe 1 or 2 ores per item before it breaks. How is using 30 HD ores easy to consume? Items that are already +7 will probably stay +7 now. It'll take hundreds of base items just to consume 30 ores. A person who'd frequent the box event would probably end up with hundreds of unused ores. Be realistic, that's not easy to consume.

#47 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

I can't really see a need for Boxter and Spirit Augers, you can get rid of them. Boxter was for things that could not be moved, or used effectively by a specific character.

We will be making the Rations trade/vendable so those are not stuck on you anymore, and is also a request we have had for quite some time anyway.

Thors also will be movable.

HD Ores will not, but those can be easily consumed, or held onto for the occasion you want to.

Well...boxter is also nice if you spent 100$ and didn't get an MCA or some other things. Like I said, the stuff we did get isn't that resell-able (on premiums at least) so we can't "trade" our leftovers for the things we wanted to get.

Edited by Ultimate, 08 February 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#48 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

Well...boxter is also nice if you spent 100$ and didn't get an MCA or some other things. Like I said, the stuff we did get isn't that resell-able (on premiums at least) so we can't "trade" our leftovers for the things we wanted to get.

I'd be gladly to take them off your hands and ease your pain.

#49 adolf

adolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

I can't understand why Heim doesn't answer to ItalianChild "No" on 05 February 2011.
We only need the answer to the question that "Can we get boxter?".
But now on 08 February 2011 we got The Answer.
Thank you.

#50 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

How does this work out? Upgrading things to +7 usually takes multiple items. And lets say you fail going +7 - 8 that leaves yo with 29 useless HDore/elu(assuming 30 from box) and a weaker weapon/armor that you have to risk breaking again thus starting the cycle again just to use possibly 1 HD ore.

Not going to say that people cannot get lucky with upgrades and reach +9 or whatever in a single go, but the odds are slim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users