can we get boxter? - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

can we get boxter?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Miaa

Miaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

I have been wanting to see more new headgears.

Im +1 on this but unfortunatley i have been left bitterly dissapointed. In my opinion, Lucky box stuff should be stuff thats not, or has not been, easily obtainable in game, and something that has not been around for awhile.

I bought 15 boxes, and out of that i got FIVE moon rabbit hats (which were very easily obtainable in game at one point, and i already had a +7 one) and FOUR Thor hats, which i had bought one (FML pretty pissed about that) from kafra when they were offered.

In my opinion, headgears in the lucky boxes should be exclusive to the lucky boxes. I know its a gamble on what you get, but im pretty sure noone wants a bunch of headgears that we already had bought one week earlier, or that were already abundant on the server from an event we didnt have to pay cash for. We're paying cash for a reason, and we expect to be able to use that to get some nice things that wouldnt be easily obtainable without that cash.

#52 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

How about some adventurer's trusty towels?

#53 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

It is impossible to have a lucky box of exclusive only items. There has to be some more normal stuff in there too.

If we make a boxter we have to make the items untradable.

So I suppose a choice has to be made, do you want item movability between your accounts, or do you want to be able to trade them in at around a 2:1 ratio to get another Lucky Box?

#54 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

I rather have ALL KARFA ITEMS AND LUCK BOX STUFF (including Playspan bought) permanently account bound it will stop people from using real money to make in game money

#55 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'd rather have the movability personally. Back before the mass post-Renewal exodus from the game, my guild did a lot of hat trades, since more often than not, you ended up with way too many of one hat, and none of another, and you can simply swap for what you need.

#56 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

I like the hat boxes you used to do. Those were all exclusive items, by the way, Heimdallr. And they had limited contents, not forcing us to buy 50 boxes to obtain it all. Buying 10 or so would assure we could get all the headgears (usually). I admit I did need to buy a lot of those stupid thought bubble headgear boxes until I got the AFK Kitty Hat but it wasn't a ridiculous amount, they were inexpensive, and the hat was cute and rare enough that I feel like having it is special.

Those were a nice break from the normal lucky boxes.

#57 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

I think current lucky box system is good. No change needed except we need boxter npc at the following week.

Last lucky box event was good, Christmas Box event if I remember correctly. First week the Seller NPC was introduced then Boxter NPC came on the following week. Lucky Box Seller NPC left after two weeks but Opener NPC and Boxter NPC stayed for another one week.

#58 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationWestern New York
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Heim. Would it be account bound for only a certain period?

Oh and i do agree the lucky box stuff is just fine, maybe make like a Class-S item? have it be REALLY good? and Extremely rare to get?

Edited by ItalianChild, 08 February 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#59 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

No items would need to be assumed to be account bound permanently.

Regarding the Class S, we have it so such a thing would be possible, but I can not think of anything that is Class S that wouldn't cause a rage storm here. The hat boxes were meant to be supplemental to take up slack during the lower revenue months, but what they ended up doing was not inspiring sales, and the few that did buy ended up with a TON of hats that filled their inventory/storage. I personally have like 30 Necromancer Hoods and there is little means to convert them to zeny or at least an empty spot.

Last Boxter I added the zodiac gears as I know there were MANY floating in the economy that needed to go away, likely other old headgears will get cycled out in some way like that. I personally have no problem with people selling off what they got from the item mall, provided that they are players who are doing it for their personal zeny making and not charging back, it isn't creating zeny, it is only moving it. That is a good system as those that play very hard in-game can get the benefit without spending dollars, whereas those with better resources out of game can help their in-game selves.

If chargeback was impossible, the kafra shop would look very different as far as the items, prices and how you can move them.

#60 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Very likely we will add a very limited boxter for

Princess Knife
Thor Hat
HD Elunium
HD Oridecon

The other hats are seasonal, and will only go up in price in the future due to their not existing anymore.

#61 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Would it be possible to add military rations since they are not vendable/tradable?

Edited by Boxinguru, 08 February 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#62 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

It is impossible to have a lucky box of exclusive only items. There has to be some more normal stuff in there too.

So I suppose a choice has to be made, do you want item movability between your accounts, or do you want to be able to trade them in at around a 2:1 ratio to get another Lucky Box?

2:1 of course. People love lucky box events but we also love boxter. I'd happily keeping going from 2:1 even if I end up not getting what I wanted - the more chances the better and it makes me feel better about buying all the pts if I get several chances to try 2:1 exchanges.

#63 Tletl

Tletl

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I would like to get rid of Big and Small Defense Potions that you once offered on a Lucky Box but never added to Boxter.

#64 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Would it be possible to add military rations since they are not vendable/tradable?

Rations are going to be made permanently vend/trade enabled on 2/10.

#65 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

so the 15+ augers in my inventory... ill have to just leave those there? XD

and i apologize, but as you can tell though if i have that many stupid augers that means i opened that many boxes for those things... UGHHH~~~ xD

Edited by ItalianChild, 08 February 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#66 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

so the 15+ augers in my inventory... ill have to just leave those there? XD

and i apologize, but as you can tell though if i have that many stupid augers that means i opened that many boxes for those things... UGHHH~~~ xD

i know some ppl with 50+ sets...but i think that's from two box events including this one

#67 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

I rather have ALL KARFA ITEMS AND LUCK BOX STUFF (including Playspan bought) permanently account bound it will stop people from using real money to make in game money

what's to stop the kafrababies from seling WPE codes or doing this? http://forums.warppo...ts-to-a-friend/

people that want to do that will always be able to do that

#68 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

i know some ppl with 50+ sets...but i think that's from two box events including this one

heh well not that i got anywhere near that still but thats what i have remaining in storage. i mean i attempted once myself and got the ears thinking it would be a difficult task since they would be that common. well first time go, then i was like hey ill sell the rest~ nope! in fact! there wasn't even people that would want them FREE xD granted now im holding them and praying that in some FREAK chance ill get lucky and boxter them or hell that people will start buying them but god i feel like me becoming a GM in a year would be more feasible than me ever finding use for those things lol.

#69 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

^Give all of them to me, we are on the same server.

#70 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Princess Knife
Thor Hat
HD Elunium
HD Oridecon

The other hats are seasonal, and will only go up in price in the future due to their not existing anymore.

Thanks god! I got 2 damn Princess Knives when I was looking for the yummy chocolate donut. Even getting a S prize I have bad luck <.<

#71 ItalianChild

ItalianChild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Thanks god! I got 2 damn Princess Knives when I was looking for the yummy chocolate donut. Even getting a S prize I have bad luck <.<

haha and sadly! i got a chocolate donut and i dont even think they are useful!

#72 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

haha and sadly! i got a chocolate donut and i dont even think they are useful!

It's "cute". That's all xD

#73 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

~

Can we get Flav/Tierre Badge?
I know it's stupid but it's already been weeks BG failed -_-

#74 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

It's not like any of the good items are tradable anyway.

#75 KiteEX

KiteEX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Princess Knife
Thor Hat
HD Elunium
HD Oridecon

Aw come on...On Yggdrasil there isn't really a market for all those items->make a seperate boxter for us with all those headgears...And also those party scrolls please....Vendable is nice but well, there are many items noone on Ygg would buy since noone uses them...

And I'd rather take account bound stuff instead of having like 10 times the same headgear that noone buys, is not effected by upgrades and nothing....

But it's same as the raffle...noone cares about Yggdrasil up there, good way to get new players there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users