• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

you dont understand the why I chose melee class in the first place. Back in S1 I read up and so many suggested commy as a great platform for pvp and like you I tried lvling on a free account and I managed 62 on less than stellar gear as I taken advice on not to compound gear until lvl 66 sets. well before I could get any lvl 66 gear they went live with s2 and I was just shocked at how they totally gimped my commander that was starting to show promise in pvp to see chain of restraint gone and adamant mind missing the most important aspect of it stun immunity. I didnt even bother I quit the game then until logging into vent to hear they brought back CoR at least so I gave requiem another go only to find out commies were never wanted for parties and did all my grinding to make 71 using premium that took a lot out of me and even reaching the JS party lvl requirement I was still passed over in favor of prots. so I made one thinking if you wont party me I will party myself with a toon on another account I place into my older gaming rig and ground my ass off to see my prot nerfed after comming back from a month long work related trip in new orleans to see my prot totally sucking in the heals dept. so why should I be pleased when all my efforts just get tossed out the window. You'd think they'd initiate the timers of the supposed job changes that came after the nerf to start upon next login instead of if you werent around screw you mentality. otherwise I'd have made it a radiant to keep the commander alive though I wanted the prot so I didnt have to worry about loosing aggro to a healer. and focus on beefing up pure aoe commmy for grind. I just am so sick of grinding right now I'd swwear I'd throw up if I see the inside of ws again.

#27 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

Taking the hard road all your game life kills you. Gotta enjoy yourself on easy road char time to time.

#28 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

Boo

I have lvled single target close ranged melee as well. Know all about the party outcast feeling. ><
Lol even rads where in same boat I guess some months ago. - what took grind and leveling out of me was no one wanted a Radiant so forced to gain 72- 74 solo in JS. You think commie slow u try radi pewpew.

Anywho what guild are you in? I know some great guilds who have there upper player base about your levels and are always wanting JS and will take single target toons. One im thinking of is often after a tank and normaly uses a commie when he is on as there JS tank.
If you are a chill person, dont make trouble, fun and loyal im more than happy to get you an invite. Great fun bunch of people who generaly are more than happy to help out. But i dont want to burden them with some one who might rage easy or might not be there to help support there players - some of which are low and new.

Thornapple

#29 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Lets get back on topic for some thoughts...

First, about the S2 equivalent to lvl 70 sets. They are all carus. Anything above lvl 70 in S2 is carus. The only rare armour and weapons are from Ruinhorn and Biskra. Good luck trying to get a full 72 set. Like 70 sets, there are TWO sets per class, and the two JS bosses drop any of those. Would take many, many raids indeed for a full set. My humble advice, go for the 75 set, if you must use carus. There are way more Tyrant raids anyway.

The stats on S2 glorious and brilliant (and all other sets) are plainly pathetic. They are virtually the same as rare sets, even the Upper piece will only improve a +3 per reinf level. You are better off upgrading a rare piece.

Now about the epic lvl 70 S1 sets and pieces. These are the true treasures of all time in Requiem. They will never be made available again, no matter what, just because they are so damn good. The stats they provide are just unbeatable. Yes, there might not be much about skills and criticals, gloves dont have attack speed bonus, boots dont have movement speed bonus. Big deal. One upgraded piece probably grants more stat meat than 3 carus armour pieces. Full 70 sets were notoriously hard to acquire and for good reason. How many people in the whole game actually have full sets? However, even the partial bonuses are still awesome. Asking for some way to acquire the pieces missing for a full set... this is high dreaming, if not hallucinating.

We also forget, that back in S1 you could NOT add levels to these pieces, you could not even enchant them in most cases (anyone remember what rare basic xeons meant in S1?). In S2 we get the added bonus to reinforce them and receive even more huge stats, and to enchant them to 7/7, not really that hard. In a few words, even if you are lucky to have ONE 70 piece, it is really a great boost. This is my own humble opinion anyway. And I will NEVER EVER change my truly glorious S1 pieces for any new carus junk, unless I really have the ability to make them like +20 and 8/8 in a legitimate and affordable way.

Oh, and if of course anyone has gotten tired of their 70 glorious Upper and Lower, I will be very happy to relieve them from the extra weight... ;)

Edited by Ninnghizhidda, 13 August 2010 - 03:11 AM.

#30 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Given the alternative I would rather see with my own eyes the 72 commander armors as I think the 72 sets gotta be better than the foc s2 65 junk im wearing now. It wont matter now since I'm not playing a -_-ty incomplete game anymore.

#31 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

I think someone in my guild have a couple lvl 72 pieces, i will post it on requiem wikia so you can see it -.-

Edited by Luxiemg, 13 August 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#32 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Boo

hey sweets there is 72 Glor lowers on AH if you want to look at the stats.

^^

T

Edited by Thorny, 13 August 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#33 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

I don't care anymore Im not interested in the game once my mom's healer is 65 that is it I helped provide her a lvl 70 mystic and soon lvl 65 radiant she can take the reigns from there along with possession of all my assets within game. I love my mom but even so its not enough to keep me within the game I now just loathe.

#34 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:58 AM

dude ur mom plays this game..? ;) and ur play this game with ur mom too :)

#35 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

Yes, that looks nice, dond doubt that it will become more common in the next years.

#36 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

dude ur mom plays this game..? ;) and ur play this game with ur mom too :)

Make fun all you want because my mom is cool like that you want to know whats even cooler I smoke weed in her house and she doesn't mind? The way I see it Naruto nerd my mom is flat out awesome, go back to watching Naruto.

#37 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

dude i dont make fun i would dream that my father would play a game together with me cuse my mom dont has time ,its nice...i dont make fun bro.

#38 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Boo

I think it rocks your mother might play.

i would love to play with and against my dad.... if i still had a mum her to

go u .. just dont rage so easy still a good game

T

#39 netsniper

netsniper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

making 70 set 4/4 will probly cause a downgrade in bonus..i think its best they wont do it however...
this is a more fair suggestion:

those that have 5/6 parts and for example miss lower will get full 6/6 bonus if they wear the equivalent 72 lower for that set
that is fair cuz i dont think that getting is a specific part 72 is so much easier then getting a 70 part back in s1...atleast timewise

#40 LunarWolf

LunarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

My mother already plays the game how else did she get a lvl 70 mystic I wasn't slaving away on three machines alone to make that happen no she did some work of her own in game though the help I provided her she rocketed in level considering I left my tank out of party while she made the kills so naturally having 100% exp granted to her not some watered down bs party exp like so many other players have to suffer with as they hardly see the kind of power leveling that I am capable of offering.

Edited by LunarWolf, 14 August 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#41 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

power lvl me ;)

#42 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

My mother already plays the game how else did she get a lvl 70 mystic I wasn't slaving away on three machines alone to make that happen no she did some work of her own in game though the help I provided her she rocketed in level considering I left my tank out of party while she made the kills so naturally having 100% exp granted to her not some watered down bs party exp like so many other players have to suffer with as they hardly see the kind of power leveling that I am capable of offering.

LOL? good for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users