#1 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

How many tempest are planning to jump ship & switch to the only OPd class left for Turans? I know most people only played temp cuz they were an OPd class. With the upcoming heal nerf that will soon change. Wondering how many of you will actually stay Temp or go Commie. -_-~

#2 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

I will stay Tempest, she was made back in s1 when ppl would stop n look when they ran past n wonder "what the hell class is that?".. my Radiant will keep on healing.. my protector will get used again someday -_- and I just might make me a Commie too.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Mmm, hard to know. People that pick tempest to lvl fast, will stay with tempest and maybe change when they reach the max lvl, and maybe they wont, but that would happen with our without the nerf. The ones that pick it for pvp, well, some could change, but to have a pvp commander one must upgrade the gear to be decent, while tempests still wont need many things to do it ok.

#4 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

Im looking forward for the tempest that Stay tempest <3 <3 Easy pickins so im hoping Im wrong & they all Stay Tempest! <3

#5 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:31 AM

i'll stay im tempest (since i have a commie 79 i dont need to have other one) , loyalty ones will stay on temp ^^

#6 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

i changed to tempest from protector when s2 started not being aware of the class much but it just looked like it was fun and it is.

i was considering changing to commie way before this nerf but decided not to

now i have invested to much lants/resources/mall to change to commie and invest again

ill stay tempy cos it will still be fun even tho we will be MUCH easier killed in bgs

but the real point is: SHAMENS ARE NURFED

Edited by Famous, 07 February 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#7 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

Not really. We have a nice DoT removal Totem now instead of a continuous low HoT.

#8 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

sarcastic.com

#9 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

-_- i like farming and plvling. after talking to Misstress Tempy will stay Temp.

#10 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

Good, most Tempests should stay put. We have enough Commanders already, and too many fail ones. Of course it would be even MORE epic laughs to see Commanders who changed from Tempest, and of course keep playing like a caster (like many do already). I cant wait for the -_- s!

#11 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

TONS of Commies rely solely on 1 Skill which is pretty damn sad lol. I want more of those Commies <3

#12 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

QQQ lo jokes i am smashed

#13 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'd change mine to commander except it costs too much to cap resist and to make new gears.
I love commander and even started my turan off as commander in s1. Only changed to temp to
farm cuz I had no aoe class.

#14 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'd change mine to commander except it costs too much to cap resist and to make new gears.
I love commander and even started my turan off as commander in s1. Only changed to temp to
farm cuz I had no aoe class.

I miss MonkeyShield! -_-

#15 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

I miss MonkeyShield! -_-

I haven't updated his gears for over 6 months >< maybe 8-9 actually. Got bored of tempest & kinda gave up on it.
I miss sing!

#16 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

Good, most Tempests should stay put. We have enough Commanders already, and too many fail ones. Of course it would be even MORE epic laughs to see Commanders who changed from Tempest, and of course keep playing like a caster (like many do already). I cant wait for the -_- s!

You kind of beat me to the punch on this one. I really hope they change. It will be very funny to see so many fails after so much QQ about ow "OP" commies are. People do not realize how hard it is to make a good commie until they try. Aoe classes are so easy to gear in comparison. Yes, I have made many casters and they are a cake walk in comparison to a commie or any other melee I have.

#17 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Aoe classes are so easy to gear in comparison. Yes, I have made many casters and they are a cake walk in comparison to a commie or any other melee I have.

betch pleeease, what is so hard about it? at least you already have good defense and survivability, building up resistances against caster is fairly easy compared to stacking up defense.
in general: to compete in endgame everyone needs to work on their gears. dont try telling me otherwise.

#18 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:39 AM

nah, I agree with the Greek meatshield. Defilers and any AoE caster got one stat for dps and SCAD and that's INT. Lucky for them INT also increases their resists, which is a goal for all people nowadays. On the other hand, dps Abercrombie and Fitch models have to use STR to kill #$%!, DEX to crit it, and stacking STR doesnt do anything to help increase their resists or any other defensive stat.

#19 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:58 AM

nah, I agree with the Greek meatshield. Defilers and any AoE caster got one stat for dps and SCAD and that's INT. Lucky for them INT also increases their resists, which is a goal for all people nowadays. On the other hand, dps Abercrombie and Fitch models have to use STR to kill #$%!, DEX to crit it, and stacking STR doesnt do anything to help increase their resists or any other defensive stat.

STR INT to kill #$%!, DEX MND to crit it for us casters then.
I must agree Int gives us resistances, but the amout you get only by int is kinda small.

#20 Archangel92

Archangel92

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

STR INT to kill #$%!, DEX MND to crit it for us casters then.
I must agree Int gives us resistances, but the amout you get only by int is kinda small.

u get something though...

#21 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

most commies skillspam now anyway. poor choice of words on my part. just sayin' that STR doesn't give any defensive or resists boost. not like the dmg/SCAD/resists trifecta you jumpy castery people get.
[EDIT: and casters with high INT have much higher resistances than a physdmg based toon, who might only have 10-15% base resists.]

Edited by Vosk, 08 February 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#22 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

At lvl 79 I have such awesome INT, my base resistances are not even 15% (something like 14.7% or so). As a caster, maybe you dont get as much res from INT as you would from gear, but obviously it isnt unwelcome either. Melee classes are total suckers for base res, and have to invest heavily to reach a decent level, never mind cap. And if we are talking about high levels and end-game it is even harder to incorporate resistance gear, when high def, high health and high damage and crit rates are all required at the same time.

#23 Archangel92

Archangel92

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:36 AM

At lvl 79 I have such awesome INT, my base resistances are not even 15% (something like 14.7% or so). As a caster, maybe you dont get as much res from INT as you would from gear, but obviously it isnt unwelcome either. Melee classes are total suckers for base res, and have to invest heavily to reach a decent level, never mind cap. And if we are talking about high levels and end-game it is even harder to incorporate resistance gear, when high def, high health and high damage and crit rates are all required at the same time.

plus warriors are total suckers to both def and resistance ^^,same with sin/sr

#24 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:57 AM

79 forsaker with no res gear only his normal dps stuff has base over 33% res to all. Commie in dps has 14% res. I say thats a pretty big difference especially considering the shammies INT which increases his res ALSO gives him scad. Trust me I have a 79 shammy, a 66 defy, had a 67 temp, have a 65 radi, also for melee have a 67 WL a 79 commie and a 67 SR.

The forsaker was by far the easiest to make decent and he has -_- gear compared to the commie. Dont get me wrong the commie one vs one is easy as hell. Go to mass pvp however and you will see how hard melee is. This applies to any melee not just commies. By the time you reach a target in mass pvp as a melee if you are not dead already you are close to it.

#25 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

I miss sing!

same

0 user(s) are reading this topic