Item Mall Changes - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Item Mall Changes

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#26 Teochiu

Teochiu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Their reasoning for this change was so they wouldn't have to hike up the prices. Additionally, no one will be buying them to sell anymore, just to use, so they could at least throw the cash users a bone and lower prices.

Edited by Teochiu, 07 February 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#27 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

I cannot say for sure, but it would be a long term project if at all possible. I can ask however.

Thanks.

@ Rim, I agree with you. If the people on these gold sites are willing to commit credit card fraud to make money off of an MMO, they are willing to gift items and risk getting banned. Ultimately, it's the players who will really be hurt by this decision because everyone needs the items that are being limited, regardless of whether they wish to spend real money on the game or not. Also, as you said, this is going to devastate our already suffering economy, and will probably deter new players once the distinction between cash spenders and free players re-emerges. Black market cash trading with a risk of getting banned.....sounds familiar....sounds fun. =(

#28 Pierce

Pierce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Inb4 an inflation of well crafted items.

#29 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Looks like I'll just have to ask friends to "gift" me items for gold again. -_-

#30 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

This is the worst decision I've ever seen from a company handling Dragonica. This is making THQ look decent.

Ikr, Next thing you know we'll be left without an update/patch for 5+ months..... Hopefully not .-.

#31 Niddhogg

Niddhogg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationDepths of Cyberspace

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

This is the worst decision I've ever seen from a company handling Dragonica. This is making THQ look decent.

o-o shouldn't be since THQ did the exact same thing, if i remember correctly. Thus not making THQ looks decent, but making WP look as bad as THQ. That's saying something cause i actually like WP.

#32 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

o-o shouldn't be since THQ did the exact same thing, if i remember correctly. Thus not making THQ looks decent, but making WP look as bad as THQ. That's saying something cause i actually like WP.

Yea, THQ did take them out... but thats when THQ started messing up. Not to mention WP is handling what, like 6 games?

#33 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Does this include the Skill Reset scrolls you obtain via job changing?

#34 Teochiu

Teochiu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Does this include the Skill Reset scrolls you obtain via job changing?

Pretty sure those were never tradable in our version of DS.

Edited by Teochiu, 07 February 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#35 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Pretty sure those were never tradable in our version of DS.

They are.

#36 Niddhogg

Niddhogg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationDepths of Cyberspace

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yea, THQ did take them out... but thats when THQ started messing up. Not to mention WP is handling what, like 6 games?

yep...it's all starting to come back...*prays to the gaming gods it doesn't repeat*

#37 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

They are.

The job change ones weren't.

#38 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

this really fails..

#39 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well I just lost all hope of having good gears =.= , well it was a long shot off but the hope was still there ^-^
Oh and I guess this is time for another one of my rants where cash players will be the only good players around . . .
Also dumbest freaking idea ever . . .

#40 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

yurai's so pro

he's the proest ever!

HUH

Edited by Meganekko, 07 February 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#41 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

HUH

WHO TOLD~!!!!! *frolics*

#42 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

Please excuse my language, but what the-_-. This is the worst decision ever made from warp portal. For those who play this game, but aren't really willing to pay for IM stuff it would be really retarded to even play this game. The players who will be strong are the only ones who've obtained these items before the update and or those who have the money to even buy the IM stuff. This game will become abnormally stupid because people won't be able to even buy randoms/insurance with gold...It'll just become like any other private servers for other games where the only over powered people are those with real cash money. I'm sure at least 90% of the community will agree with me on this. Warp portal has already pushed our buttons with the lack of new content and such. This update will just push us more toward quitting this awful mess.

Destroying the econ and players by the day...oh warp portal...

EDIT:

We understand this change is very sudden, however, this is currently the best solution to prevent fraudulent activity caused by GoldSelling websites. Which in turn would cause us to have to raise prices of Item Mall items and points.

Here let me explain to you how easily this can be turned around. All they would need to do is now sell accounts with those item mall stuff, and all the people who buy them, just use them for insurances, randoms, and they transfer the items back to original account. Easily done, but yet ruined by this update for the others.

Edited by sXcDennis, 07 February 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#43 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Please excuse my language, but what the-_-. This is the worst decision ever made from warp portal. For those who play this game, but aren't really willing to pay for IM stuff it would be really retarded to even play this game. The players who will be strong are the only ones who've obtained these items before the update and or those who have the money to even buy the IM stuff. This game will become abnormally stupid because people won't be able to even buy randoms/insurance with gold...It'll just become like any other private servers for other games where the only over powered people are those with real cash money. I'm sure at least 90% of the community will agree with me on this. Warp portal has already pushed our buttons with the lack of new content and such. This update will just push us more toward quitting this awful mess.

Destroying the econ and players by the day...oh warp portal...

Oh you remember when they destroyed the economy by removing randomizers? I'm gonna say this will be 30x worse, anything with special good stats or +10 is gonna skyrocket =.=

#44 AfroShika

AfroShika

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for making my day. GJ WP love you guys much.

#45 carell31

carell31

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationKerwell's arms

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

HASTUR why did you hurt my feelings!! -_-

#46 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Wow guys .__.

#47 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

This is going to create a bunch of IM gift trading scams. Waiting for all the qqigotscammed threads.

#48 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image
LOL oh Gravity, you're so silly! You actually think you can milk more money out of me this way? Nope, not happening, I'd much rather just quit this game. NT LULZ~

#49 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

By saying this is currently the best answer - this means it's not going to be permanent, am I right? If it is permanent then I fail to see how Dragon Saga differs from games like Conquer Online, Eudemons Online, etc which are entirely cash shop dependant games - being that if you don't put any of your money into the IM you're screwed and won't ever have the same game experience as someone who can afford to dump hundreds of dollars down the drain. It simply isn't fair and I honestly believe that cash-shop dependant MMOs shouldn't even fall into the category of being "free". This is going to create a completely unfair gameplay experience, even moreso than it is unfair now with players being unable to obtain the better heirloom sets for certain classes since the switch from THQ to Gravity (or whatever it was).

Although I can understand.. I suppose.. How this would prevent scamming, but really - it'd be better for the health of the gaming society within Dragon Saga who don't have the money to put into IM points to educate the masses about gold scam websites. :/

#50 IraizenI

IraizenI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

So now we have to spend tons of real money to get decent gears?
If you are going to make them untradable, at least lower the prices and increase a bit the chance of success when enchanting...

The game already has serious issues balacing the classes, and now this? Imba gears for those with money, and just advanced+3 for those who cant.

Meh, Barunson and WP are disappointing me with each new patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users