Item Mall Changes - Page 5 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Item Mall Changes

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#101 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

LOL. This doesn't do anything to stop the IM exploiters from profitting from their ill-gained IM goods! They can simply megaphone "S> IM 1:1" and utilize the old gift4gold method of IM selling. You guys are inviting scamming, widening the gap between cash users and non-cash users, and losing a huge source of income (non-cash users are significant as indirect contributors) with this "update". As a non-cash user myself, I am disappointed at this decision and I hope a better resolution is introduced quickly.

#102 converse182

converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA
  • Server:That one!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

You know what's even more useful than that?

The system that we have are going to lose -_-

Lol ds fails

#103 sam3oyster

sam3oyster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

stop crying everyone, whats wrong with +4 advanced equips? (complete sarcasm)

1 dmg to bone dragon NP

#104 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Do they realize how many new players they'll get on this server if they refuse to partake in this?

By being a genuinely free MMO of this quality they're going to set a new standard for "free" gaming. That's going to attract the attention of the MMO community moreso than becoming money grubbers.

#105 converse182

converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

If the problem is that players are committing credit card fraud, purchasing IM points, selling consumables for gold, and then selling the gold for money, then doesn't that mean allowing us to trade IM points would mean that the fraudulent players can simply buy whatever they want with IM points, sell the items for gold, and then sell the gold for money? How is allowing us to trade IM points even a possible solution? I would think it would make things easier for the gold sellers.

+1 to Reikka. That makes sense.

maybe for those ppl that dont have time to go buy those go cards or w/e or are just too busy with work can just simply sell a few things just to buy stuff on the I.M. shop, like stuff that they need

#106 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

I hope all of you enjoy getting one shotted by antares with your +4 armors!

#107 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

correct me if i'm wrong...but from a company stand point...scammers and gold sellers are a constant problem...HOWEVER, if a game like WOW can't fend off the gold sellers...what in the bleeping tacos makes gravity and warp portal think they can?

when are you going to start ACTIVELY listening to the ppl the PLAY your games...?
common sense dictates the pissing off the ppl the that use your product is generally a bad idea. i have yet to read a single post denfending the actions of gravity and warp portal...think that their might be a reason for that?

if there is indeed a catastrophically monumental issue with gold sellers...why not ask the community for input? making sudden rash decisions for a relatively minor problem (if there even is one at all) only goes to prove and reinforce the FACT they the company that bought this game doesn't know what the bleeping bleepity bleep bleep they are doing. you are grasping at straws and made more the fool as a result.

not all of us here can offer up a business degree, but at the same time, i think it's fair to say that the player base has an IQ above that of a rock (in most cases).
give us the chance to help you help us!

maybe you'll find that some of our arguments are more than valid and that we as a player base know a thing or two about how NOT to completely screw over a good game!

thank you that is all....for now...
*face palm*

Edited by Bhreemon, 07 February 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#108 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

I'm gonna go play a FREE mmo

#109 Jozito

Jozito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro , Brasil

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'm gonna go play a FREE mmo

gogo Tibia hahahahahaa

#110 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

maybe for those ppl that dont have time to go buy those go cards or w/e or are just too busy with work can just simply sell a few things just to buy stuff on the I.M. shop, like stuff that they need

There is someone who doesn't have time to buy a card, is busy with work, and has time to play dragon saga and collect items that are worth selling for IM points? Putting that aside, the question was, "How will allowing players to sell items for IM points stop gold sellers?"

#111 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

correct me if i'm wrong...but from a company stand point...scammers and gold sellers are a constant problem...HOWEVER, if a game like WOW can't fend off the gold sellers...what in the bleeping tacos makes gravity and warp portal think they can?

when are you going to start ACTIVELY listening to the ppl the PLAY your games...?
common sense dictates the pissing off the ppl the that use your product is generally a bad idea. i have yet to read a single post denfending the actions of gravity and warp portal...think that their might be a reason for that?

if there is indeed a catastrophically monumental issue with gold sellers...why not ask the community for input? making sudden rash decisions for a relatively minor problem (if there even is one at all) only goes to prove and reinforce the FACT they the company that bought this game doesn't know what the bleeping bleepity bleep bleep they are doing. you are grasping at straws and made more the fool as a result.

not all of us here can offer up a business degree, but at the same time, i think it's fair to say that the player base has an IQ above that of a rock (in most cases).
give us the chance to help you help us!

maybe you'll find that some of our arguments are more than valid and that we as a player base know a thing or two about how NOT to completely screw over a good game!

thank you that is all....for now...
*face palm*

bhree, i love you and youre purple font. this is amazing. Warp Portal should die for making bhree upest -_-

#112 converse182

converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

There is someone who doesn't have time to buy a card, is busy with work, and has time to play dragon saga and collect items that are worth selling for IM points? Putting that aside, the question was, "How will allowing players to sell items for IM points stop gold sellers?"

hmmm maybe since ppl will put up prices for I.M. points they wont need gold as much and just use I.M.

#113 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Putting that aside, the question was, "How will allowing players to sell items for IM points stop gold sellers?"

I believe the issue at hand are the gold sellers that have found ways to illegitimately obtain IM points and quickly selling that for massive amounts of gold. Ever seen the THOUSANDS of insurances at 8-10g each on market sold by various users with a Chinese IGN? It's more than obvious that they are conducting some kind of fraudulent activity. It's quite infuriating that Gravity has elected to block IM selling in general instead of blocking whatever exploit these sites are using.

#114 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

hmmm maybe since ppl will put up prices for I.M. points they wont need gold as much and just use I.M.

If they can illegitimately obtain item mall points they can buy out all the souls, dusts, and anything else sold for IM, and sell it for gold. If everything is sold for IM, they can buy out the whole market.

I believe the issue at hand are the gold sellers that have found ways to illegitimately obtain IM points and quickly selling that for massive amounts of gold. Ever seen the THOUSANDS of insurances at 8-10g each on market sold by various users with a Chinese IGN? It's more than obvious that they are conducting some kind of fraudulent activity. It's quite infuriating that Gravity has elected to block IM selling in general instead of blocking whatever exploit these sites are using.

I agree. And +1 for Bhree. The hasty decisions and lack of consultation and discussion, with the community, is personally infuriating. Considering quitting this game, tbh. It's fun, but having to deal with constant random changes and poor management is too much of a headache.

Edited by Maronu, 07 February 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#115 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

bhree, i love you and youre purple font. this is amazing. Warp Portal should die for making bhree upest -_-

dying seems a bit excessive...but maybe a cookie and a har har! early april fool's will make it better...it's gonna have to be a GOD cookie though >>

what boggles my poor little brain...even from a business stand point...their "solution" makes no bleepity bleeping sense...if i could at the very least follow the rational i would be less bothered by the sheer unbridled volume of hurrr bee durrr....

#116 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

dying seems a bit excessive...but maybe a cookie and a har har! early april fool's will make it better...it's gonna have to be a GOD cookie though >>

what boggles my poor little brain...even from a business stand point...their "solution" makes no bleepity bleeping sense...if i could at the very least follow the rational i would be less bothered by the sheer unbridled volume of hurrr bee durrr....

I'd love to understand the marketing side of this, too. I can't really wrap my head around how many people are actually fraudulently buying/selling these items, or at least enough people doing it to make a difference. What does a company lose when they essentially get fake money for fake items?

It seems like the economy relies just as much on people who don't buy IM with real cash to buy/demand it from people who do, as it does on people who buy IM soley for themselves. This cuts the former completely out of the market.

Then again, I'm no economics major!

#117 Xyltch

Xyltch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

Something that sickens me a little is that this game will probably never actually "die" from this. They'll be players that are willing to pay for IM stuff just like the people running this game want. Sure they'll loose the lot of us that are unwilling to be forced to pay for things, but in reality, we probably mean the least to them. I mean we're pretty much mooching off the game.

Puts things in a rather morbid perspective. The people who probably mean the most to the community of the game, mean the least to the game as a property.

vote to rename this thread "We're killing your game" with the subject line "Get used to it,"
all in favor?

Also Agreed.

Edited by Xyltch, 07 February 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#118 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

I mean we're pretty much mooching off the game.

Wrong actually. Players like us were incentive for the cash players to buy more item mall points to cater to us via selling these via the market. Sure that probably isn't their MAIN intention, but it's how things worked and it worked well. Changing this is only going to hurt warp portal.

I just fail to comprehend how you guys can be so stupid..

#119 Xyltch

Xyltch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Wrong actually. Players like us were incentive for the cash players to buy more item mall points to cater to us via selling these via the market. Sure that probably isn't their MAIN intention, but it's how things worked and it worked well. Changing this is only going to hurt warp portal.

I just fail to comprehend how you guys can be so stupid..

Hm good point, I guess indirectly we're helping, but apparently that's not good enough for profit.

#120 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

Look on the bright side: at least there will be less QQ'ers on the forums after they quit from this change!

Edited by Yurai, 07 February 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#121 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Look on the bright side: at least there will be less QQ'ers on the forums after they quit from this change!

thats alright, when all of your randomizers (sold for 40g, 10 more than the next person) sell, you'll have even more gold to sell on your scam websites, if you have nothing to say you're better off keeping quiet

#122 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

We all know that's BS. They'll QQ twice as loud and proclaim that they're glad they quit twenty times a day in multiple threads as if they were some superior being for not playing.

#123 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Welp, I guess I'm done for a while. Got a decent group to play DCUO, and my IM points are all gone, so I'll come back when you guys give this game to Nexon.

Q~Q I wish I could come but that place is insanely laggy for me.

#124 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hey Hatsur or whomever this may concern,

If you're trying to stop gold sellers, maybe you can have the consumable cash items UNSELLABLE. Because that's how they were selling the cheap insurances/randoms. However, you should keep the IM items TRADE-ABLE, that way, if the gold seller wants to get some in-game gold, he/she has to make the effort to find a buyer. And it keeps the players that don't spend real life $$ on the game happy. Just giving some possible alternatives -_-

<3

GENIUS RIGHT HERE
WP READ THIS

#125 ThaMaster

ThaMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hey Hatsur or whomever this may concern,

If you're trying to stop gold sellers, maybe you can have the consumable cash items UNSELLABLE. Because that's how they were selling the cheap insurances/randoms. However, you should keep the IM items TRADE-ABLE, that way, if the gold seller wants to get some in-game gold, he/she has to make the effort to find a buyer. And it keeps the players that don't spend real life $$ on the game happy. Just giving some possible alternatives -_-

<3

the problem is not that gold seller get in-game gold by selling IM stuff. the problem is that you guys by selling IM at a ratio of 1:1 will make IM to be more expensive compared to the price that gold sellers are selling. therefore people prefer to buy from gold seller then buy IM stuff of market. (the idea is to make the people that are buying from gold sellers to use their money on WP and not on gold sellers)

PS: can we still use the gift option?

Edited by ThaMaster, 07 February 2011 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users