Item mall changes explained - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Item mall changes explained

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Sapere

Sapere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

-_-

Edited by Sapere, 09 February 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

Warpportal says gold sellers are the reason for the changes; from that one can infer it is from surveys they get IM points. Gold sellers aren't farming gold, buying IS scrolls and Randomizers to resell at a lower price. The change implies Gold selling sites do surveys, buy scrolls and items to resell in the market for gold, which they in turn sell via the web. I do not see many people selling those items in the market, other than the usual people that have been playing DS forever.

On the contrary, often at the middle of the night (around 3-4 am), there would be thousands of insurance scrolls up in the market for 10g each. The reason why you don't see it is probably due to the time that it's actually up, and also because of how quickly they disappear off market due to the cheap price. The person selling it always has either the same ign or of a similar format. However, lately, it does seem that these "sales" have stopped.

#3 Sapere

Sapere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

On the contrary, often at the middle of the night (around 3-4 am), there would be thousands of insurance scrolls up in the market for 10g each. The reason why you don't see it is probably due to the time that it's actually up, and also because of how quickly they disappear off market due to the cheap price. The person selling it always has either the same ign or of a similar format. However, lately, it does seem that these "sales" have stopped.

ooo

#4 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

And how do you suppose the 'gold' sellers are making a profit from selling large quantities of insurance at 10G a pop?
Do the math:
999ins @ 20im each = 19,980im
19,980im @ 120/US dollar = 166.5USD

Now, selling at 10G:
10G * 999 = 9,980 Gold

If the current gold conversion rate is near 1:1, the sellers are actually losing profits by a huge margin here.

Edited by Miname, 08 February 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#5 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

And how do you suppose the 'gold' sellers are making a profit from selling large quantities of insurance at 10G a pop?
Do the math:
999ins @ 20im each = 19,980im
19,980im @ 120/US dollar = 166.5USD

Now, selling at 10G:
10G * 999 = 9,980 Gold

If the current gold conversion rate is near 1:1, the sellers are actually losing profits by a huge margin here.

The IM -> gold -> $$$ is a way of laundering stolen credit card money. It would be a money-losing proposition - if they bought the IM with their money. But it's not. It's money acquired through credit card theft, through fraudulent charge backs, or other illegal means involving credit cards that needs to be laundered.

And the way the credit card agreements work, the losses, plus stiff fees, fall on the merchant, which is Gravity.

Edited by yartrebo, 08 February 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#6 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

The IM -> gold -> $$$ is a way of laundering stolen credit card money. It would be a money-losing proposition - if they bought the IM with their money. But it's not. It's money acquired through credit card theft, through fraudulent charge backs, or other illegal means involving credit cards that needs to be laundered.

And the way the credit card agreements work, the losses, plus stiff fees, fall on the merchant, which is Gravity.

Interesting, I should have thought about that.

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

as far as i noticed once Randoms came the gold seller either left or stopped selling ins scrolls

#8 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

as far as i noticed once Randoms came the gold seller either left or stopped selling ins scrolls

They sell Randoms as well, we've actually been cracking down on them harder and making first payments more difficult for them to make. So they are moving to sneakier methods, but the illegal sale with Stolen creditcards is still a prevalent issue. We are hoping the changes to the item mall will also help this issue in the long run or until we can apply a better fix.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Warpportal is doing a much better job at beating gold sellers than other companies. And which time zone is the 10g ins scrolls up?

#10 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Warpportal is doing a much better job at beating gold sellers than other companies. And which time zone is the 10g ins scrolls up?

lols....

Edited by Maronu, 08 February 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#11 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

They sell Randoms as well, we've actually been cracking down on them harder and making first payments more difficult for them to make. So they are moving to sneakier methods, but the illegal sale with Stolen creditcards is still a prevalent issue. We are hoping the changes to the item mall will also help this issue in the long run or until we can apply a better fix.

Oh? Why not get rid of surveys then. Last time I checked a good chunk of them asked for credit card info, not to mention tonnes of additional personal info.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

lols....

Wut? >:3

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I don't care about the Item Mall changes, but this thread seems a tad dramatic even if it's an explanation. Criminals who steal credit cards and sell items on a fee MMO are ruining Dragon Saga! I highly doubt that Dragon Saga gold-selling is a method of laundering stolen credit card money. Did I get lost on a subtle joke or something?

Edited by Kazu731, 08 February 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#14 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I don't care about the Item Mall changes, but this thread seems a tad dramatic even if it's an explanation. Criminals who steal credit cards and sell items on a fee MMO are ruining Dragon Saga! I highly doubt that Dragon Saga gold-selling is a method of laundering stolen credit card money. Did I get lost on a subtle joke or something?

Unfortunately, its not a joke.

#15 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

You'll need a lot more than $200 to be even close to having competitive gear/stats

#16 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

You'll need a lot more than $200 to be even close to having competitive gear/stats

Fasle. I know people who strictly farm and have competitive, mid-stacked gear.

#17 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Fasle. I know people who strictly farm and have competitive, mid-stacked gear.

Your competitive and my competitive are two different things

#18 DSPlayer

DSPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

So, you're saying I don't have competitive gear? ):

#19 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I am afraid I have been found out. Stopped in my tracks, even.

It all began last year when I punched this woman in the face and stole her purse. I ran off into the night. I used the cash to fuel my drug addiction. But the dealers (Or as we call them, dealaz), don't take credit cards. That's when I got the idea to dress as a woman and wear a wig. I also had to shave my body of anything close to resembling a hair. From then on, my name would be Shannon Qualentine Josephine Marissa Castiglioni.

At first, life was great. I purchased homes with the credit card, ordered thousands of pizzas to them and didn't even tip. However, I had run into a rut and had to turn tricks for a while.

Then I was caught.

After being a female for so long, I maintained that persona even in jail. The things I had to deal with were miserable. You should have seen what they did to me in there! I dare to even mention it here--they once went so far as to call me a "girl" and not a "lady!" Could you imagine the horror?!

But I was released. That's when I robbed a man and took his credit card.

From then on I dressed as a man, concealing my breasts (Bought on credit). My name would be Kanon Quotentine Harloten Castiglifoti.

And that is when the time the prophecy would happen. Dragon Saga was the new name of the MMO game previously known as Dragonica. That's when I knew.

I HAD PLANNED EVERYTHING TO THIS POINT

I WILL USE THE CREDIT CARD

TO BE A GOLD SELLER

And now I am caught. It has been a good run. I have no regrets because my tale is one from the heart.

(Disclaimer though I'd hate to spoil the unsubtle sarcasm: I do not pursue illegal activity in Dragon Saga and would never gold sell. Hopefully your reading comprehension is high enough for this, but there are some who would take the above text as truth.)

#20 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

I am afraid I have been found out. Stopped in my tracks, even.

It all began last year when I punched this woman in the face and stole her purse. I ran off into the night. I used the cash to fuel my drug addiction. But the dealers (Or as we call them, dealaz), don't take credit cards. That's when I got the idea to dress as a woman and wear a wig. I also had to shave my body of anything close to resembling a hair. From then on, my name would be Shannon Qualentine Josephine Marissa Castiglioni.

At first, life was great. I purchased homes with the credit card, ordered thousands of pizzas to them and didn't even tip. However, I had run into a rut and had to turn tricks for a while.

Then I was caught.

After being a female for so long, I maintained that persona even in jail. The things I had to deal with were miserable. You should have seen what they did to me in there! I dare to even mention it here--they once went so far as to call me a "girl" and not a "lady!" Could you imagine the horror?!

But I was released. That's when I robbed a man and took his credit card.

From then on I dressed as a man, concealing my breasts (Bought on credit). My name would be Kanon Quotentine Harloten Castiglifoti.

And that is when the time the prophecy would happen. Dragon Saga was the new name of the MMO game previously known as Dragonica. That's when I knew.

I HAD PLANNED EVERYTHING TO THIS POINT

I WILL USE THE CREDIT CARD

TO BE A GOLD SELLER

And now I am caught. It has been a good run. I have no regrets because my tale is one from the heart.

(Disclaimer though I'd hate to spoil the unsubtle sarcasm: I do not pursue illegal activity in Dragon Saga and would never gold sell. Hopefully your reading comprehension is high enough for this, but there are some who would take the above text as truth.)

omg prinz wtf???? ur da gold saler?? look wut u mad dem do now we can trade consumabl..............

#21 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

omg prinz wtf???? ur da gold saler?? look wut u mad dem do now we can trade consumabl..............

mi so sry but huaheahahsahshaueha mi haf last laff at u!

u r so patetic rly pls jus dye 2day

#22 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm speaking of course, about a certain member of Soul and some in Purge.
Although I do see your point, it is definitely possible to have great gear without breaking the bank.

#23 DSPlayer

DSPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

I'm speaking of course, about a certain member of Soul and some in Purge.
Although I do see your point, it is definitely possible to have great gear without breaking the bank.

Yo, you don't have to spend any cash to be stacked. I haven't spent any money, or done any offers for cash. I can show you my gear if you'd like to see it too. People thinking they NEEED to spend money to be stacked is just, silly.

#24 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Yo, you don't have to spend any cash to be stacked. I haven't spent any money, or done any offers for cash. I can show you my gear if you'd like to see it too. People thinking they NEEED to spend money to be stacked is just, silly.

Um.. read my previous post. I was defending this exact point.

#25 DSPlayer

DSPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

Um.. read my previous post. I was defending this exact point.

Yo, I was backin' you up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users