Impossible to sell anything that's not a KS item, God item, or MVP card - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Impossible to sell anything that's not a KS item, God item, or MVP card

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

ffs, seriously. Does the traditional fare of weapons and armor and cards and components just not sell anymore or what? Haven't been able to sell anything lately that's not a Kafra Shop item, God item/component, or MVP card. Haven't seen anyone buying anything but those either.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Eh, when I unlazy myself enough to vend I usually sell a few random equips.

#3 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Ive been having the same problem. I think the zeny sink due to raffles might be causing this ??

seems people dont have enough zeny and the prices are dropping fast.

Edited by Pravin, 08 February 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#4 Wistfully

Wistfully

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Assguard

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Seems like everyone has make their+7 gears and weapons, and nobody needs spares yet to me. Same boat as you two. Can't sell random gear drops

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

When the amount of zeny decreases the prices should follow.

It is also possible that the equipment isn't something that players need alot of. I do think this is a possible case because of the decreased synergy of upgrades / cards / gear and playing efficiency.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

thank the HD ores!

on that note god item parts don't move either since seal rolls are bs now

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I don't know, I'm selling middling gear for middling prices, and I mean, when I obtained some of it, I thought "Well, this ought to turn over pretty quickly." but it just... doesn't.

For example, +8 Staff of Destruction, vending it for post-HD average price, only offer I've even had on it was the equivalent value in POWER OF THORS.

I mean, I can accept that HDs were in the game, prices crashed, and a lot of stuff is now vendable that would not have otherwise been, but I would think someone would at least want it.

Edited by Sera, 08 February 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#8 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Can also blame a good % of zeny being banned perma also, or sitting on dead accounts.

#9 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Gonna wait more..

#10 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

Sera, you can try to sell kisses or punchs on the gut signed by you... there will people who would buy from you... now the rest of ymir is screwed -_-

#11 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

I would probably just be offered the equivalent value in Rabbit Magic Hats or something.

#12 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

I would probably just be offered the equivalent value in Rabbit Magic Hats or something.

-_- I wanted to buy one even if it took my last zeny on Ymir *runs away*

#13 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

thank the HD ores!

Not true. Prices were lowering and the market was growing stagnant a long time before HD ores made an appearance. I had tons of new world stuff to sell way before XMAS and i had to sell it at HALF the ragial price to shift it. Blaming HD ores is a convenient get out. We have less new players than ever and the players that are left are older players who don't need what is for sale. Markets run on supply and demand, and unfortunately there is no demand. I believe prices will continue to drop a whole lot further than it is now before it stabilizes.

Can also blame a good % of zeny being banned perma also, or sitting on dead accounts.

LOL.. the old banned accounts again.... those who were banned had all the gear they needed and more. This had little to no effect on the current situation. As i said above, we have no new players needing lower and middle level gears, therefore theres no demand, which along with the continued strong trading in very high end items that also suggests this is the case. Another problem is all the lucky box/ kafra goods that were being sold to create wealth are now reaching saturation levels on the servers so no one is buying them either.
This was forecast by several players just months ago and the market has, as forecast reached meltdown. We desperately need entry level newbies to kickstart the economy and until we either get masses of new people or a flood if new items on the server i think the market will continue to sit in dire straits.

Gonna wait more..

And those that do need the gears are doing this ^^^^^^ Exactly what i would be doing too.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, I don't know, I'm selling middling gear for middling prices, and I mean, when I obtained some of it, I thought "Well, this ought to turn over pretty quickly." but it just... doesn't.

For example, +8 Staff of Destruction, vending it for post-HD average price, only offer I've even had on it was the equivalent value in POWER OF THORS.

I mean, I can accept that HDs were in the game, prices crashed, and a lot of stuff is now vendable that would not have otherwise been, but I would think someone would at least want it.

I'd just assume that everyone making characters that needed it got what they want already.

on a side note I think my scammer of a levelling partner has my SOD. -_-

#15 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

It the backlash from the HD's fiasco .

New player and old Player who don't buy KP are quite dead broke ATM since they cant seen to sell their stuff. Currently there way too many people with over upgrade stuff. Not to mention that there an abundant of its in the market. and Bot are +ing their gear for sale..

We'll probably need to wait another month or 2 for these Over upgrade stuff to disappear

Anyway good job for the GM for banning those BOT vendor

#16 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Of course this econ is different than yours but...
Starsands and elu/ori have sold... Three cards I found the last few days (Bathory, Mimic, and Jakk). I just think my equipment is unwanted and that's reason it's not selling, my vend atm is sad. I'm already losing 35mil on my sniping suit from what I paid for it, hate to loose more than that (thanks for that renewal. xD).
Normally in my limited experience most things end up selling overnight rather than during the day... (Don't know why that is) Another thing is typically everyone seems to be focused on kafra stuff whenever a new box is out. I doubt HD ores killed the economy that much, they hurt it but there are many factors here I think. If it is because of banning, good, in time the market will correct for the better (like being able to sell what you find for relatively more).
My maneaters ARE overpriced though so I understand that... I hate competing against bots... Patience, only takes one...
(Oh yeah getting the bot vendors somehow would be nice)

Edited by SamuelAdams, 08 February 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#17 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

LOL.. the old banned accounts again.... those who were banned had all the gear they needed and more. This had little to no effect on the current situation. As i said above, we have no new players needing lower and middle level gears, therefore theres no demand, which along with the continued strong trading in very high end items that also suggests this is the case. Another problem is all the lucky box/ kafra goods that were being sold to create wealth are now reaching saturation levels on the servers so no one is buying them either.
This was forecast by several players just months ago and the market has, as forecast reached meltdown. We desperately need entry level newbies to kickstart the economy and until we either get masses of new people or a flood if new items on the server i think the market will continue to sit in dire straits.

Well I was referencing the sheer amount of zeny taken out of the economy in one day. If you need why that affects it explained to you, then I give up.

#18 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I don't think you understand what happens when a large chunk of an economy is excised. There are holes, some very large holes. People need to figure out how to fill these or things are going to run quite a bit less than smoothly. This isn't something that the GMs need to fix, this is something that the players need to fix. Entry level newbies are not what is needed.

#19 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

we need UNoob newbies to buy our stuff

off topic
No wonder i sold more card these weeks . +1 to the GM again It seen the GM had just banned all those BOt card vendors...i haven't seen any BOt card vendor since last nite

#20 Valdes

Valdes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:????

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Just wait until GMs increase the upgrade rate.

Then it'll be even more difficult to sell as stuff won't break as often to get +7/9. Even more gear remaining in the economy.

#21 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Well I was referencing the sheer amount of zeny taken out of the economy in one day. If you need why that affects it explained to you, then I give up.

I don't think you understand what happens when a large chunk of an economy is excised. There are holes, some very large holes. People need to figure out how to fill these or things are going to run quite a bit less than smoothly. This isn't something that the GMs need to fix, this is something that the players need to fix. Entry level newbies are not what is needed.

Plain and simply there is no low level income or turnover.
The top end market is still turning over fine, the lost zeny has not impacted on the most fragile part of the economy. Therefore i draw the above conclusion.
If we had a banking and investment structure in game then there would be issues if this sort of zeny was removed from game, but as we don't and the top end market continues to thrive then your argument doesn't stand up.
This is a situation where plain and simple supply has saturated demand. Nothing more, nothing less.

#22 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

It isn't impossible.

You just need to price it to sell. Price is dictated by the amount of supply and the intensity of demand. Since there is no demand, lower your price until it sells.

If that is unsatisfactory, then don't complain and don't sell. Wait. And continue to believe in two false hopes.
1. That there will be a large influx of newbies.
2. That this influx will somehow stimulate the economy.

Let me tell you why both of these things are false.
#1 is false because there are hundreds of other MMOs that are just as entertaining as RO and a new player can end up in any of them. Further RO has dozens of balancing issues, and has utterly no low level pvp. New players won't stay interested long enough to become a factor in the economy.
#2 even a large influx of new players is not going to stimulate the economy, in fact, prices will fall faster. You are all still charging too much, based on the idea that you deserve millions of zeny for items that are only worth a 10th of that. New players are not going to spend 90M for your Nyd garb. If nothing else, new players would group with each other and farm their own. Prices are not going to be dictated by "legacy money" that is holdover from Chaos. It will be dictated by the amount of money a new player can get by OCing loot or selling consumables. In other words, not alot.

Certain people are just upset that they cannot afford (with zeny) the high-end items they want, and the mid-end items they had hoped to liquidate are not bringing in enough money. Sorry, but your crap is just not worth the vastly overpriced amounts you want for them. If you want the liquid money, then price your -_- to sell. If you want to profit, then you are going to have to wait. And wait. And WAIT. B/c prices are never, ever going to increase.

So yeah, if you want the zeny, you need to take whatever offer you can get. Such is the game.

#23 JJason

JJason

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

just put them cheap, it'll sell -_-

#24 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

not retarded post for once

This is why everything expensive sells for USD now and not zeny though. People get "what they think it's worth" anyway because of rampant RMT.
I can pick out 20000 dollars worth of items that were passed around in the last 3 months. Lol

#25 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

It isn't impossible.

You just need to price it to sell. Price is dictated by the amount of supply and the intensity of demand. Since there is no demand, lower your price until it sells.

If that is unsatisfactory, then don't complain and don't sell. Wait. And continue to believe in two false hopes.
1. That there will be a large influx of newbies.
2. That this influx will somehow stimulate the economy.

Let me tell you why both of these things are false.
#1 is false because there are hundreds of other MMOs that are just as entertaining as RO and a new player can end up in any of them. Further RO has dozens of balancing issues, and has utterly no low level pvp. New players won't stay interested long enough to become a factor in the economy.
#2 even a large influx of new players is not going to stimulate the economy, in fact, prices will fall faster. You are all still charging too much, based on the idea that you deserve millions of zeny for items that are only worth a 10th of that. New players are not going to spend 90M for your Nyd garb. If nothing else, new players would group with each other and farm their own. Prices are not going to be dictated by "legacy money" that is holdover from Chaos. It will be dictated by the amount of money a new player can get by OCing loot or selling consumables. In other words, not alot.

Certain people are just upset that they cannot afford (with zeny) the high-end items they want, and the mid-end items they had hoped to liquidate are not bringing in enough money. Sorry, but your crap is just not worth the vastly overpriced amounts you want for them. If you want the liquid money, then price your -_- to sell. If you want to profit, then you are going to have to wait. And wait. And WAIT. B/c prices are never, ever going to increase.

So yeah, if you want the zeny, you need to take whatever offer you can get. Such is the game.

Yeah, while this is completely true, it's simply not realistic to sell items for the low prices required when everyone else refuses to do so. It's not so much that I'm desperate for cash, I have enough to level off of for some time, but I have to be able to make a certain minimum profit off of my gear.

Now, that Staff of Destruction for instance. Pre-HD they were ~500mil. I can accept that they're now around ~100mil. Pricing it so it sells (~60mil) is simply not something I can do. I'd rather hang onto it until stuff starts recovering a bit.
I mean, there has been a little bit of interest in it, but it's never any zeny offers, always trades. I only accept trades if they're weighted towards me, because at the end of the day, cash it what I need, not a pile of useless crap that you couldn't vend to anyone else.

And really, in the case of the Staff of Destruction, it is one of the better weapons for the class, it's not really that it's a bad/obscure/useless item, it's just that no one seems to be able to pay me for it.

Bottom line is, I can lower prices, I can cut deals, but there is a minimum I have to make. I'm in it for profit, not for charity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users