• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:15 AM

Can anyone post a good build for a PvP Forsaker?

Edited by Phamega, 10 February 2011 - 08:27 AM.

#2 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=93#79,0,10,1,0,1,1,10,10,10,10,0,5,0,2,0,10,0,10,7,7,10,0,0,0,10,0,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

How is?

not too bad for a new player with no experience.

but you need to drop soul explosion to 1 or 5 and definately max fire totem, some points in loa's curse are nice too for pvp

you probably want to max dure amulet dna too, drop fire ball and flame arrow to lvl 1, you probs want swift fire totem at least 5 dna too and probs some magic masteries but not sure which setup gives more dmg

#3 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

not too bad for a new player with no experience.

but you need to drop soul explosion to 1 or 5 and definately max fire totem, some points in loa's curse are nice too for pvp

you probably want to max dure amulet dna too, drop fire ball and flame arrow to lvl 1, you probs want swift fire totem at least 5 dna too and probs some magic masteries but not sure which setup gives more dmg

http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
I was thinking to add dna points to Fire Ball instead of Flame Arrow for more DPS.

#4 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=93#79,0,10,1,0,0,1,10,10,0,10,0,8,0,10,0,10,0,10,7,7,0,0,0,0,10,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
I was thinking to add dna points to Fire Ball instead of Flame Arrow for more DPS.

Try to increase your fire resistance in another way. (by TBF stuff/fire resistance xeons)

You can put those skill points in other skills.
-Loa's Curse... you really need this to keep your target in your chaos/fire totem area. Depends on you how bad you want your target in that area. Only put skill points in it to decrease the movement speed, dont mind the attack speed -_- Take a close look to the skill description and what benefits it gives each level.
-Soul Explosion. Lv 1, i'd rather lv 5. doesnt miss, nice radius, instant cast, low cooldown... also a way to take sins/srs out of stealth (sometimes you see a floating ring around them, because of mystic prot. totem:p)

Eventually take a few skill points out Fire Ball and/or First Aid.

#5 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

New build :

Is better putting DNA points on Fire Ball for dps instead of Flame Arrow?

Edited by Phamega, 10 February 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#6 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

New build :

Is better putting DNA points on Fire Ball for dps instead of Flame Arrow?

Just 1 DNA point in Fire Ball and Flame Arrow. I'd rather put those DNA points in other skills. If you want to be 'swift and deadly' put DNA points in swift fire totem, depends on you how much. Also 10 DNA points in Dura Amulet is nice.

-off to bed-

#7 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

The thing is that you haven't said what level you are and in what level you want to leave your forsaker...
And gear also matters abit with the skill selection.

If you dont have much resistance/hp/armor, there is no use for Loa's Cuse, you will get raped before that. And the amount of points, its your choice, from 4 points to 7 is ok.

Your dna selection is ok for low levels, but in higher levels is useless those points on fireball and fire arrow. Because people will cape fire resist and that will be 10 skill points and 5 dna reduced 80% in efficacy. And most of magic damage will come from jewels, weapon, intelligence...

Best thing that will help you againts those annoying fire resist items is Blazing Wind. I suggest you to use all dna posible on that skill. But using 1 dna on weapon magic mastery is good too, magic damage on all spells, not bad.

If possible, leave soul explosion to lvl 1; its mostly for pve uses.
And please, use 1 point on Burning Hell, its a great spell for pve and you dont have as many aoes as a mystic.

In my personal opinion, if your guild or friends raid daily, i suggest you to put points on Plague Charm. It stress less on tanks/healers, makes them feel safer.

#8 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

The thing is that you haven't said what level you are and in what level you want to leave your forsaker...
And gear also matters abit with the skill selection.

If you dont have much resistance/hp/armor, there is no use for Loa's Cuse, you will get raped before that. And the amount of points, its your choice, from 4 points to 7 is ok.

Your dna selection is ok for low levels, but in higher levels is useless those points on fireball and fire arrow. Because people will cape fire resist and that will be 10 skill points and 5 dna reduced 80% in efficacy. And most of magic damage will come from jewels, weapon, intelligence...

Best thing that will help you againts those annoying fire resist items is Blazing Wind. I suggest you to use all dna posible on that skill. But using 1 dna on weapon magic mastery is good too, magic damage on all spells, not bad.

If possible, leave soul explosion to lvl 1; its mostly for pve uses.
And please, use 1 point on Burning Hell, its a great spell for pve and you dont have as many aoes as a mystic.

In my personal opinion, if your guild or friends raid daily, i suggest you to put points on Plague Charm. It stress less on tanks/healers, makes them feel safer.

How is now ? :
http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,0,5,0,0,0
Suggestions ?
Is better remove skills point from Fire Ball or Flame Arrow?
By the way... i haven't start the char, i'm planning how to do it :Emo_18:

Edited by Phamega, 11 February 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#9 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

How is now ? :
Suggestions ?
Is better remove skills point from Fire Ball or Flame Arrow?
By the way... i haven't start the char, i'm planning how to do it :Emo_14:

I would do it like this I guess:

I dont know about the DNA since I've never played a high level forsaker.

#10 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

I would do it like this I guess:

I dont know about the DNA since I've never played a high level forsaker.

Fudd can you explain to me the pro and con of Fire Ball and Flame Arrow ?
Updated :

Edited by Phamega, 12 February 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#11 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Fudd can you explain to me the pro and con of Fire Ball and Flame Arrow ?

Pro and con ?
There is no negative part on any of these.
Fireball has half skill damage that fire arrow but it has a 0.6 second cooldown. Pro: Spammble
And fire arrow is an aoe [very very small] that has high damage but with 14 seconds cooldown. Con: Long cooldown

Both instand casts, both 30 meters. Both esential. But as i told you, most of the damage comes from other sources than the skill itself, like jewels. So, i would priorize fireball over fire arrow. You will use at least 3 fireballs but only 1 fire arrow.

I like the idea of instant cast totem, yet, its not instant: it has the delay of the animation.

P.D.
We are giving you ideas, you should take what you like and make your own build :Emo_14:

Edited by Darkatila, 12 February 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#12 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

I've removed skill points from both skills because i'd prefer more points to Plague Charm and Loa's Curse...
If Fire Totem won't be Istant... is useless putting 10 DNA points on it?

#13 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

I've removed skill points from both skills because i'd prefer more points to Plague Charm and Loa's Curse...
If Fire Totem won't be Istant... is useless putting 10 DNA points on it?

Not useless, but try using 8 instead of 10. I told you, it will never be instant like a soul explosion or a fireball, it has a casting animation delay... lets say about 0.2 second

You decided, on christmas event i tried using 1 point of fireball and 1 on fire arrow. And then using 10 and 10 on each of them. I did notice damage loss and also, and that would sound weird, lower accuracy and higher casting time on those 2 spells. So, try not leaving your primary basic weapons with minimun points.

I found that if you have a good party [with good lvl 79 well geared radiants and good tank] you can do tyrant/lw/robo tanking them with the help of plague charm. Yet, i must warn you, its a single target spell and only reduce MELE attacks. The spells will still rape you.

Edited by Darkatila, 12 February 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#14 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Not useless, but try using 8 instead of 10. I told you, it will never be instant like a soul explosion or a fireball, it has a casting animation delay... lets say about 0.2 second

You decided, on christmas event i tried using 1 point of fireball and 1 on fire arrow. And then using 10 and 10 on each of them. I did notice damage loss and also, and that would sound weird, lower accuracy and higher casting time on those 2 spells. So, try not leaving your primary basic weapons with minimun points.

I found that if you have a good party [with good lvl 79 well geared radiants and good tank] you can do tyrant/lw/robo tanking them with the help of plague charm. Yet, i must warn you, its a single target spell and only reduce MELE attacks. The spells will still rape you.

Like this ? :
http://kruxena.com/s...0,1,0,0,5,0,0,0

#15 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Like this ? :
http://kruxena.com/s...0,1,0,0,5,0,0,0

looking good, but do you know the combo about forsaker's spells ?
a simple -chaos totem-loa's curse-blazing wind-fire totem-fireball-fire arrow-fireball-fireball-
But for that, you need good resistance and armor. If you are in low/middle levels, try using leaving loa's curse for later, when you have good gear

#16 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

looking good, but do you know the combo about forsaker's spells ?
a simple -chaos totem-loa's curse-blazing wind-fire totem-fireball-fire arrow-fireball-fireball-
But for that, you need good resistance and armor. If you are in low/middle levels, try using leaving loa's curse for later, when you have good gear

The build is ok or i should change something by your opinion?
I ask that because i don't want to reset skills soon. :Emo_14:

#17 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

The build is ok or i should change something by your opinion?
I ask that because i don't want to reset skills soon. :Emo_14:

Need some changes.
10 points first aid is bad. Most of healing comes from mind, and not from the spell. Its a good spell between 20 to 60 levels if its maxed with 10 points. But after that it becomes useless to put 9 points extra on it. Use 1 point on it. So, with those extra 9 points you can max fire arrow and put 4 more points on Plague Charm [only if your guild/friends do raids every day or every 2 days], or 4 points soul explosion or 1 vindictive mind if you are willing to use 1 dna on it, or anything you think will look good.

1 dna on for 13 damage on fire totem aint good. Change it for an extra blazzing wind. In my opinion you can do 3 kinds of dna build:
a) Fast Fire Totem:
10 Swift Fire Totem - 10 Dura Amulet - 1 Magic Weapon Mastery - 1 Fireball - 1 Fire Arrow - 1 Fire Totem Intensification - 1 Vindictive Mind
You concentrate on fast killing, exellent for medium level Field of Contention.
b ) Deep Fire:
10 Dura Amulet - 10 Blazing Wind - 5 Swift Fire Totem
Simple but the best dna for the late late forsaker.
c) Mix between a & b:
8 or 7 Swift Fire Totem - 1 Magic Weapon Mastery - 1 Fireball - 1 Fire Arrow - 10 Dura Amulet - 4 or 5 Blazing Wind.
Good between lvls 70 to 76.

I suggest you to do your own build, taking some tips from here and there of course.

Edited by Darkatila, 13 February 2011 - 07:39 AM.

#18 Phamega

Phamega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Build : http://kruxena.com/s...,0,0,0,10,0,0,0

Thanks to all who helped me. :Emo_14:

#19 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Alright this is my build o0 :o
My link

First up, even with no DNA on Dura i still got 11.5k HP and around 1.5k def. I went swift fire totem + BW + Long Range Burning Hell since I'm addicted to big crits.
I was going to drop the totem down to something else like 7-8 points but after a scud you only got around 1 second before HT and laying that totem means either I die or he/she dies.
I'm not too sure about something though, seems magic weapon mastery is a pretty damn nice DNA to have but oh well ><.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users