Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

My feedback on the new UI... with crappy ms paint screenshots! (I know the devs are slow and need visuals.)

Pictures at bottom of postt!

1. Text is squinty small and the text color is a bad choice. It should be a brighter color like the white of the name and class/level. Possibly increase size too. Small size is detrimental to PvP/PvM when you are in a tough situation and want to know exactly how much HP you have left with just a glance.

2. Quest Box still has Evo skin buttons. But more importantly there is NO longer any option to minimize any of the boxes via a minimize button! The only way to access the menus is through the terrible menu button or through awful keyboard shortcuts. Add a minimize button for all menus!

3. WTF compass? Stupid compass covers up a ridiculous amount of the mini map and this hinders the ability to see other players on the mini map in PvP situations. If you really need to include the compass make it fit next to the maximize button (+ sign) on the top of the mini map.

4. Character box is unnecessarily large. Smaller one was better but again more importantly the stats are all off center and I could see a new person possibly being confused and putting stats in the wrong place.

5. The skill bar is long and looks terrible if you're trying to access other menus via the menu button with a smaller resolution. Menu button should be moved or should allow you to move it to where ever you want like under character's name or mini map and expand vertically instead of horizontally.

6. The entire Game Option box is messed up. A bunch of the text is cut off like the k's in Block and the lower case g's as well as the y in Quality. Changing resolution via this causes game to crash.

7. Enlarging mini map makes it take on the old Evo skin.

8. When you have no job, the picture doesn't fit inside the skill box and the basic/job/etc buttons overlap into the skill area.

9. This isn't the best text color choice for clan information. Very faded looking and possibly hard to read for some.

10. You can barely tell which button I have selected in the clan box because of the similar colors. Not a big deal but could stand out a little more.

11. Chat boxes have old Evo skin pieces in them.

12. When clicking a player who is offline to mail them, the box that pops up has old Evo skin pieces.

13. Craft/CG painting windows have no items visible and are Evo skin style.

Additional:
- Most of it is an ugly rusty looking color that doesn't seem very Rose-like.
- CG skill doesn't show up.
- Can't scroll through clan member list.
- Can't use number/F9-12 shortcuts to scroll through the skill bars/hotkey bars.
- If you drag a menu item from the menu bar you can still get the minimized blue box from the old Evo skin which you can click on to open.
- Item mall items not showing up / not visible in trade box.
- Server disconnected message appears in old Evo skin style.
- Should add an option to turn off "Tool Tips" in the Game Option menu.
- Failed to join chatroom message box bug has the old Evo skin.
- Cannot find file. You can check additional information about clan marks on Rose webpage message box is still old Evo skin style.
- Insufficient inventory space message box is in old Evo skin style.
- Requiring several clicks to change simple options like enter/normal chat mode and single/double click target sucks. Especially when we were able to change them with one click before. Maybe have an expand/maximize button where the name, HP/MP, etc is listed and when expanded provides more information/options like shortcuts for enter/normal chat mode.
- Leaving Party message box is in old Evo skin style.

Some additional feedback from other users in this thread:
- No more ALT function for skills, CTRL is awkward and hard to use.
- Another point for non-US keyboard users. The last 2 buttons of the skillbar fail as hotbuttons for me. On my (german) keyboard the - and the = are not located behind the 0. We don't even have a separate =key (it's shift+0). - Eleria/Niluje
- All that space in between the item slots and borders is wasted screen space. I'd rather there be no space or a simple dividing line and have the box be smaller over all. - Coffeemuse
- I really miss the ability to hide the avatar part. The old interface had an arrow button that let you toggle it on or off. Now that eats up space in the screen and I don't always need to see whats in it. - Coffeemuse
- I like to play in Enter mode so that i don't need to use CTRL or ALT to access any of the windows in game. I started to play today and noticed that pressing ENTER while in ENTER Mode also changes ALL the hotkeys from the number bar to the F bar. I was just getting used to using the number bar instead (which incidentally I really dislike) when somebody started talking to me, i hit ENTER to answer them and suddenly my skills all stopped working and i got killed. This happened another 3 times before i figured out that the ENTER key actually woks as a toggle.
It is pretty much impossible to play in ENTER Mode now. - PurpleYouko

Overall, I think the devs were focused more on style/look and less on function. The UI is too minimalistic at the moment. The minimalism limits options and accessibility of certain information when it could do both whilst still looking good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kaizy, 13 February 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#2 Revolve

Revolve

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • LocationKaizy's Profile.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

i like ur forum title

#3 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

I think kaizy has some major buttnuggets :Emo_14:
But yeh, the UI has quite some bugs and really needs some tweaking. Especially the HP/MP bar and the compass really bug me.

#4 FreshChips

FreshChips

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

the compass really bug me.

Its a feature. Makes PVP more interesting and random. SCNR.

#5 Rawrr

Rawrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

Its a feature. Makes PVP more interesting and random. SCNR.

no, it was for those kids who can't sort out their easts and wests in union war

#6 MangupaT

MangupaT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationKosovo

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

Lol, its so good i like it:P::Emo_14:

#7 samuelchris

samuelchris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Yes the new UI is not sp good at all!!:Emo_14: the ALT function is not responding and my skills that i sorted out all are messed up now:angry: they need to FIX it or do a rollback to the old UI.

#8 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

no, it was for those kids who can't sort out their easts and wests in union war

Exactly, next up will be a TomTom feature. "At the porkies, turn.. left"
The compass really doesn't make sense and is a waste of space.

#9 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

it's a nice skin with some bugs :Emo_14:
but i'm sure they will fix it. (Hope)
and your right about those long skill bars. its very annoying when having Window mode.
so i actually hope there will be minimize bard in the next maintaince/update...

#10 MrDraGoN

MrDraGoN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

what about CRASH !!!

#11 MangupaT

MangupaT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationKosovo

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

I dont got any crash or laggs.

#12 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:13 AM

I can't even tell how much HP that i have without stretching my eyes to the limit. fail UI. I know the GM and DEV work very hard to bring us something new, but this update is failing hard. D- would be a very generous grade.

#13 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationAt the place, doing the thing with the stuff

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

Nice list, Kaizy. They should really put the compass at one of the corners instead. I dont know about you, but to me it feels like a splattered bug on your windshield that your wipers cant get off, lol.

The overall look I'm fine with, but with all the little kinks and bugs, it really does not feel like an official released UI. (Or with the bugs, it does feel official? :Emo_14: )

The problem I have is that If they felt they needed more time to finish, they should have taken the time to do so and release it next week. There would be some complainers like there always is, but most of us would understand.

Why wasn't something like this tested on Pegasus is beyond me. We all know they are lacking in QA with evidence to the seemingly unrelated glitches that appear with each patch. If they had opened the test server during the last week, to say, a few dozen of the more detail oriented people in the community, there would be so many more eyes to catch these oversights before the UI going live. It really would have caused a lot less headache for the dev team and us.

Edited by ZookeeperAndy, 12 February 2011 - 02:43 AM.

#14 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

Nice list, Kaizy.

The overall look I'm fine with, but with all the little kinks and bugs, it really does not feel like an official released UI. (Or with the bugs, it does feel official? :Emo_14: )

The problem I have is that If they felt they needed more time to finish, they should have taken the time to do so and release it next week. There would be some complainers like there always is, but most of us would understand.

Why wasn't something like this tested on Pegasus is beyond me. We all know they are lacking in QA with evidence to the seemingly unrelated glitches that appear with each patch. If they had opened the test server during the last week, to say, a few dozen of the more detail oriented people in the community, there would be so many more eyes to catch these oversights before the UI going live. It really would have caused a lot less headache for the dev team and us.

The general look is fine but all the bugs, kinks, and taking away minimize/maximize options sucks. I agree they should have delayed longer to QA further instead of releasing a poop UI. I'm sure people would rather be able to craft and see what they're crafting instead of having a new unpolished UI.

Btw, Pegasus became Draconis so they no longer have a test server. They could just be more nitpicky, detail oriented themselves but seems they like to rush things or just don't take a very close look at them. Took all of like 5 minutes to notice most of these...

@Revolve I like it too!

@Jager +1 for whatever buttnuggets areee.

#15 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

I think it's awesome you are showing this with pictures so something can be done about it. However I don't agree with you saying 'why it sucks' because it does not. It's just obvious that this UI hasn't been tested that much and they have missed a few things. It's all going to be ok! It doesn't suck! :Emo_14: I hope that also thanks to you, the developer of this UI can take care of the problems! Thanks!

#16 IHasTEEF

IHasTEEF

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Location*lurks under your bed*

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

I don't like the CTRL poop, my hands are too small to reach CTRL plus the F-keys, without me having to twist my whole arm. I used to use the ALT-bar all the time, and never the CTRL cause I literally CAN'T! I can not see myself ever getting used to this 2nd bar... ;~;

#17 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

Another point for non-US keyboard users. The last 2 buttons of the skillbar fail as hotbuttons for me. On my (german) keyboard the - and the = are not located behind the 0. We don't even have a separate =key (it's shift+0).

#18 Geldi

Geldi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

Elria switch to standart chat mode.
Thats what i have done F-keys work.

Or switch ur Keyboard layout to US in Windows before u start the client.

#19 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

With my (French/AZERTY) keyboard, absolutely NO shortcut works when I'm in Enter Chat Mode, except the - and = shortcuts (but on my keyboard the - is on the same key as 6 BTW)

Oh and also: on French keyboard, you have to use caps lock or the capital key to put the numbers.
But of course I also tested the bar while in caps lock and there nothing works (not even - and = this time)

On the 2 pictures below, the numbers are in blue (non-caps) on QWERTY keyboards but they are in red (caps needed) on AZERTY keyboards

QWERTY keyboard:
Posted Image

French AZERTY keyboard:
Posted Image

Seriously, just put the old UI back and put the new one when it's fixed

(Oh and while we're at it, since the middle of iROSE or so, we have been unable to use the characters colored in green on the picture (they require alt gr or alt+ctrl), maybe you could also fix this before the end of times, thanks)

Edited by Niluje, 12 February 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#20 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

joe still plays! :Emo_14:

with the old hotkeys i can use 4 fkeys bar + ctrl and alt = 6 bars
with tne new one.. where am i gonna put the all the other skills? shall i switch back and forth on my mage skill tree and offensive tree when i uw?

#21 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:44 AM

I think it would be good if we could chose an interface, that way if we like the old one we could use it, or the new one, whatever.

I didn't go into the game last night, was late anyway so just took a look now. Right off the bat:

- All that space in between the item slots and borders is wasted screen space. I'd rather there be no space or a simple dividing line and have the box be smaller over all.

- I really miss the ability to hide the avatar part. The old interface had an arrow button that let you toggle it on or off. Now that eats up space in the screen and I don't always need to see whats in it.

- Skill bar, I'm really annoyed about it. The change is sort of like learning to touch type on a QWERTY keyboard (Yes I can touch type) and then be forced to type on a keyboard which had the keys rearranged. I already know where to go, I've memorized my skills since 2005 on certain function keys. GRAVITY, please give me back my function key set up where F9-F12 lets me select four rows of F1-F8. This is bad!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 12 February 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#22 xidar

xidar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

Did we need this no, is it good no, will it get better no, go back to old system The new system is messy unreadable hp and exp bar and reaaly a big waste of devs time we got enough bugs already

#23 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:28 AM

I agree, I don't like the new interface - I've already found 3 fairly major things I hate and I've only had the game up for a short while. What happened to the customer is always right? We need new content and bug fixes, not a new UI forced on us.

#24 ice2004

ice2004

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

Did we need this no, is it good no, will it get better no, go back to old system The new system is messy unreadable hp and exp bar and reaaly a big waste of devs time we got enough bugs already

Rescudo will fix this :Emo_14:

#25 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

I smell a big maintenance today or tomorrow to fix all that

0 user(s) are reading this topic