Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

i hate it,is hard to use new ui, i m like the school the classic for me rose will never be the same as before :Emo_14:

Edited by Viceking, 12 February 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#52 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

GRAVITY, please give me back my function key set up where F9-F12 lets me select four rows of F1-F8. This is bad!

I do agree on everthing said. But this has been the biggest issue for me so far.
It's not that I hate chaning my habitual gameplay, the old way simply was easier when you have more than 12 skills.
Someone ingame called this new system '*^^*'... don't know if I'm allowed to post it like this (No you're not - Zeppelin), but that really sums up the issues with the new skillbar system xD

Edited by Zeppelin, 12 February 2011 - 02:33 PM.
Naughty Language!

#53 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

i like the how compass has to be right in the centre to cover the whole mid on the map for uw... i cant see-_-

#54 CJGM3

CJGM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

1. Not be seen the words to create things with the dealer.

2. Not be seen the Debuty Master caracter in the Clan Member info.

* Please fix these 2 errors,

* The rest they have created is super cool.

#55 Hephaestus

Hephaestus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Basically we should have gotten more screenshots before this thing was forced on us so we could provide feedback instead of having the giant "Oh crap!" button come out now that it's here. Sorry to say Zeppelin, but the hype just wasn't worth it.

If we had seen some more screenshots, we could have asked questions, and many things would have been obvious, like the skill bars. I can understand trying to get people excited about it, but some content really needs to be previewed before it's forced on the community. We hardly saw any of this UI before we got it. It would have been nice to see more.

#56 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Remove this UI and make GLOSSY BLUE default

#57 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

My feedback on the new UI... with crappy ms paint screenshots! (I know the devs are slow and need visuals.)

Pictures at bottom of postt!

1. Text is squinty small and the text color is a bad choice. It should be a brighter color like the white of the name and class/level. Possibly increase size too. Small size is detrimental to PvP/PvM when you are in a tough situation and want to know exactly how much HP you have left with just a glance.

2. Quest Box still has Evo skin buttons. But more importantly there is NO longer any option to minimize any of the boxes via a minimize button! The only way to access the menus is through the terrible menu button or through awful keyboard shortcuts. Add a minimize button for all menus!

3. WTF compass? Stupid compass covers up a ridiculous amount of the mini map and this hinders the ability to see other players on the mini map in PvP situations. If you really need to include the compass make it fit next to the maximize button (+ sign) on the top of the mini map.

- Most of it is an ugly rusty looking color that doesn't seem very Rose-like.
- Can't use number/F9-12 shortcuts to scroll through the skill bars/hotkey bars.
- Requiring several clicks to change simple options like enter/normal chat mode and single/double click target sucks. Especially when we were able to change them with one click before. Maybe have an expand/maximize button where the name, HP/MP, etc is listed and when expanded provides more information/options like shortcuts for enter/normal chat mode.

Some additional feedback from other users in this thread:
- No more ALT function for skills, CTRL is awkward and hard to use.
- Another point for non-US keyboard users. The last 2 buttons of the skillbar fail as hotbuttons for me. On my (german) keyboard the - and the = are not located behind the 0. We don't even have a separate =key (it's shift+0). - Eleria/Niluje
- All that space in between the item slots and borders is wasted screen space. I'd rather there be no space or a simple dividing line and have the box be smaller over all. - Coffeemuse
- I really miss the ability to hide the avatar part. The old interface had an arrow button that let you toggle it on or off. Now that eats up space in the screen and I don't always need to see whats in it. - Coffeemuse
- I like to play in Enter mode so that i don't need to use CTRL or ALT to access any of the windows in game. I started to play today and noticed that pressing ENTER while in ENTER Mode also changes ALL the hotkeys from the number bar to the F bar. I was just getting used to using the number bar instead (which incidentally I really dislike) when somebody started talking to me, i hit ENTER to answer them and suddenly my skills all stopped working and i got killed. This happened another 3 times before i figured out that the ENTER key actually woks as a toggle.
It is pretty much impossible to play in ENTER Mode now. - PurpleYouko

Overall, I think the devs were focused more on style/look and less on function. The UI is too minimalistic at the moment. The minimalism limits options and accessibility of certain information when it could do both whilst still looking good.

these i are the ones i really would have problems with.......

sorry for double posting

but the red is really dull and ORANGE- BLUE combo from glossy one themes was IMBA

also making it ctrl-F12 is DUM
it main objective of hotkeys is to access and thing on the key board without losing control over you char (ie.having mouse in control)
i have observer that with ctrl
you can only reach upto F6 with one hand (after straining it) essentially making the rest pretty useless as you would have to use your other hand in this case
(plz dont expect me to use right- ctrl cuz is lame)

WHY DIDNT YOU PREVIEW THE WHOLE THING BEFORE IMPLEMENTING ???????!!!!

#58 ice2004

ice2004

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

these i are the ones i really would have problems with.......

sorry for double posting

but the red is really dull and ORANGE- BLUE combo from glossy one themes was IMBA

also making it ctrl-F12 is DUM
it main objective of hotkeys is to access and thing on the key board without losing control over you char (ie.having mouse in control)
i have observer that with ctrl
you can only reach upto F6 with one hand (after straining it) essentially making the rest pretty useless as you would have to use your other hand in this case
(plz dont expect me to use right- ctrl cuz is lame)

WHY DIDNT YOU PREVIEW THE WHOLE THING BEFORE IMPLEMENTING ???????!!!!

I even wonder if the game developers play the game or just get their money for partial and buggy code. :Emo_14:

#59 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

I still can't withdraw money from storage. Anyone else still with this issue?

#60 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

As a cleric I like the 12 hot key set up. The new UI has not caused me any problem for the bars, but I guess it is the way I play. I make my ctl bar vertical and use the mouse for those keys and I like the right click ability, much faster than the left click. Then my F1-F12 bar is horizontal and I can use my F keys for that. My buffs are on the ctl bar since I don't use those as often and my heals, etc are on F keys. It is so nice not to have to switch bars to get to res, purify, etc. But I play simply without macros, etc.

The major problem I have is the small font and some of the other problems with the UI that Kaizy mentioned. The HP/MP bar has to be bigger and the chat font bigger. The compass could be placed in a better position. The other things like the clan scroll bar, items not displaying in the crafting box, etc will definitly have to be fixed. Personally I like the look of the UI though.

#61 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Put the previous font back. The new current font is too wide, that's why the font size had to be reduced in the chabox (I suppose), but now it's too hard to read

Probably related to this: exclamation marks aren't displayed properly in the chabox, they are darker than the normal text so it's almost impossible to see them

Edited by Niluje, 13 February 2011 - 09:21 AM.

#62 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Inventory bag is Humongous :Emo_14: I would really love to hide the Armor/Costume section on the top of it.
I love the longer skill bar, especially for my Cleric.

The downside is, i used to have the skill bars at the bottom of the screen. In between the chat box and the inventory.
Now i just cant do that, there simply is not enough space. Infact, no matter where i place the skill bars on my screen, they cover up something else.

I log in and feel like my screen is unbalanced. Huge inventory on one side, skill bars unable to fit snugly anywhere and then i glance up to the Hp/mp box and its tiny. Not just the print, but the whole box in comparisn to my inventory side.

Now dont laugh!
For accommodating purpose (for my cat) I play the game on a real old computer monitor. Towers not old...Just my monitor. Im also playing the game on full screen.
Help me out here guys and gals, is there anything i should be tweaking?!

#63 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Now dont laugh!
For accommodating purpose (for my cat) I play the game on a real old computer monitor. Towers not old...Just my monitor. Im also playing the game on full screen.

Tweak the cat and get a modern monitor ;D

#64 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

Tweak the cat and get a modern monitor ;D

HAHAHA
you crazies :Emo_14:

#65 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

Make the mini map UI round instead of square like every other game on the face of the planet and then take the outside edges of the map with directions like a real compass. That is a pretty terrible attempt and not useful at all.

#66 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Make the mini map UI round instead of square like every other game on the face of the planet and then take the outside edges of the map with directions like a real compass. That is a pretty terrible attempt and not useful at all.

Wow I +1 you for that. You should definitly make a topic in the Proposal and Suggestion forum for that! :Emo_14:

#67 Curculus

Curculus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

another week, another fail :/

surprised nobody has posted a dropping ball gif yet :huh:

#68 MangupaT

MangupaT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationKosovo

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

However not there that is a problem.
This week's failures are not progressive

#69 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

I was going to keep updating the OP with stuff that wasn't properly changed but there's so many it's ridiculous. Nearly every pop up dialog box needs to be changed to the new skin.

#70 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

I was going to keep updating the OP with stuff that wasn't properly changed but there's so many it's ridiculous. Nearly every pop up dialog box needs to be changed to the new skin.

The Dev Team has been going over the entire UI since the v.325 patch. A new/updated version will be applied to tomorrow's v.326 patch. Once it's out, feel free to check it over and report any issues at that time. Thank you again for your very detailed report, it is appreciated.

#71 joaomaradao

joaomaradao

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

Now dont laugh!

Is that old monitor a crt one? If it is you can try forcing it to run at an higher resolution than the maximum one reported by your graphic card. Anyway, what resolution are you using? 800x600? And what's the maximum resolution that you can choose on Windows and Rose?

#72 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

And the skill bars/menu bar aren't a problem if you're playing in like 1280x768 or higher but a lot of people like to play windowed mode which may make it 1024x768 or 800x600 which causes all the bars to overlap. If you cannot have it scale for each resolution (dynamic scaling), you should include customization and options instead of saying you need to play at so and so resolution for best viewing.

Edited by Kaizy, 16 February 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#73 phil2049

phil2049

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Just a couple minor issues, mostly been posted before. Bring back ALT, and fix the issue with ENTER changing the current skills.

#74 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

And the skill bars/menu bar aren't a problem if you're playing in like 1280x768 or higher but a lot of people like to play windowed mode which may make it 1024x768 or 800x600 which causes all the bars to overlap. If you cannot have it scale for each resolution (dynamic scaling), you should include customization and options instead of saying you need to play at so and so resolution for best viewing.

I like this I haven't played in any res but 800x600 in two years and I doubt I'll start anytime soon.

Edited by Zurn, 16 February 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#75 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'd love to be able to change to 1click\2clicks option without opening the option box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users