Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Is it really worth it?

I could understand its use for pve, but for pvp where it drains your mp ridiculously, can one really manage that X_X.

I'm getting a skill reset scroll soon ..so i want to hear your P.O.V on this and take things into consideration!

THNX~

Edited by Deathrowz, 12 February 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

I don't know what it's called, but that Articuno-ish bird move that hits your enemy like 30 times is an awesome Awakening skill. Not only does it slow opponents down because of the move freeze status effect, but it also does considerable damage.

The trick to using Awakening skills post-patch is to make tactical use of the charge skill. For instance, since your Awakening bar's charge carries over from one round to the next in any given match, you can blow a big chunk of MP in the first round to charge it up, and then in the next round you'll start with full MP again (and a nice chunk of Awakening to use). That's a trick I learned watching IAH videos. :Emo_14:

You can also quickly toggle your charge skill on and off again if you want to stop the bar from draining after you use an Awakening skill (a handy way to conserve energy, though admittedly you are taking a hit to MP).

IMO, there are some classes which could probably almost be built around the use of Awakening skills, like invokers... And others that are probably better off sticking to regular skills and hardly using Awakening skills at all in regular PvP (WMs, looking at you).

#3 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

I don't know what it's called, but that Articuno-ish bird move that hits your enemy like 30 times is an awesome Awakening skill. Not only does it slow opponents down because of the move freeze status effect, but it also does considerable damage.

The trick to using Awakening skills post-patch is to make tactical use of the charge skill. For instance, since your Awakening bar's charge carries over from one round to the next in any given match, you can blow a big chunk of MP in the first round to charge it up, and then in the next round you'll start with full MP again (and a nice chunk of Awakening to use). That's a trick I learned watching IAH videos. :Emo_14:

You can also quickly toggle your charge skill on and off again if you want to stop the bar from draining after you use an Awakening skill (a handy way to conserve energy, though admittedly you are taking a hit to MP).

IMO, there are some classes which could probably almost be built around the use of Awakening skills, like invokers... And others that are probably better off sticking to regular skills and hardly using Awakening skills at all in regular PvP (WMs, looking at you).

And with this I've decided to keep my awakening skill.
thanks a lot Rim !

#4 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Just tested this out. It's possible to toggle it on and off before you lose more than the startup cost of 25 MP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users