• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 briankkio

briankkio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

Hi i want to know if invokers should stack hp or int in pure PvE. I have noticed that Invokers abilities are quite costly in MP. But, i think stacking hp will be still better for PvE. Can anyone let me know which one is better to stack? And yes you can stack both with special items. but let say im not rich... which im not lol. i would appreciate it if someone would tell me which one of the two is more dominent in PvE.

#2 Rynas

Rynas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Health is better since:

1. You can just use a potion
2. Cheaper to res someone
3. Slow heal, Wide heal, and Instant heal is based on YOUR total health

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

Health should take priority -- especially since new high-level mobs do considerable damage. Your primary job in PvE should be to heal/cure your teammates as an invoker (since playing a 4th job character implies dealing with high-level mobs that can deal hundreds or thousands of damage per hit), secondary function being to add support damage and act as a boss killer.

Intelligence is often brushed aside as a useless or unnecessary stat, but in truth it can have a considerable effect on your MATK. That's only if you stack A LOT of it, however (it increases your base MATK, which can give you a pretty good boost when combined with the effects of Staff Mastery). Throwing on an extra 40 Intelligence gives me about 200 MATK at level 70, which isn't too shabby considering how easy it is to stack Intelligence thanks to some of the new equipment floating around.

Intelligence does help a bit with MP too, but in truth, you'll be making so much gold selling off the random equips you collect that you'll have plenty to spend on potions and MP really shouldn't ever be a problem for you.

If you really wanted to, strictly for PvE, I suppose you could opt to stack MP Recovery/MP Recovery Speed options along w/ Blood Fever (4th job passive) to get some massive MP regeneration going. But in order to achieve that, you're going to have to make a lot of sacrifices.

I've been playing a bit more w/ the MP Recovery/MP Recovery Speed stuff lately to see if I could realistically make a "self-sustaining" invoker, partly because I'm curious about the possibility of making an invoker build that focuses on the use of Awakening skills (mainly Wraith). So far it's been hard to strike a balance between adding to the regen amount/rate without sacrificing too many other important things, but I'll keep at it and I'll probably eventually be adding my findings to my (soon-to-be-updated) guide.

#4 briankkio

briankkio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

thank you so much for the useful information. Thanks guys once again. I appreciate all this

#5 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

no more motivation to pvp qq dumb nerfs

#6 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

^ is a noob for thinking that way.

#7 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Like everyone said, you should be stacking more on Health for easier healing. The more health you have, the less healing you would need to do to your party members. Though it really depends if you rather want to be able to heal or kill faster. In terms of mp usage, you're probably better off using mp pots. Besides, makes it easier on you if you can have lots of health to be able to survive hits, though part of that is also in upgrading your armor.

For me, I'm INT stacker. (At 350 Int, lv 57 Priest.) With all my buffs on (Lv 5 Striking, lv 5 cat head, lv 1 Blessing) along with a special heirloom lv 55 staff+5 I'm capable of hitting 3.8k-4.5k range, non crits.

I've been playing a bit more w/ the MP Recovery/MP Recovery Speed stuff lately to see if I could realistically make a "self-sustaining" invoker, partly because I'm curious about the possibility of making an invoker build that focuses on the use of Awakening skills (mainly Wraith). So far it's been hard to strike a balance between adding to the regen amount/rate without sacrificing too many other important things, but I'll keep at it and I'll probably eventually be adding my findings to my (soon-to-be-updated) guide.

I would really want to see something like that. I've been hearing that gaining Awakening has been tougher, and requires huge amounts of mp to charge. Seeing that Invoker adds some especially powerful skills in the from of Wraith, I would love to be able to do that as well. :huh: Gl with your research.

EDIT: All in all, it really depends if you party more often than going solo IMO.

Edited by DarkWyvern, 14 February 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#8 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

^ is a noob for thinking that way.

No, you the noob!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users