Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hi! I'm new to the forum! :huh:

I haven't really played RO in a while, and never on the official online server so I have some questions I hope you can answer.
Anyways I was planning on making a support priest my main time consuming character, but before that I need a good solo PvE/PvM character to raise some money and collect some items and cards. So I was wondering, what job is the best for solo PvE/PvM? To me it seems like Sniper and Str/Vit/Dex Knight are the top 2 choices. What do you guys think?

Thank you for your answers!
Deuces out! :huh:

#2 Bad123

Bad123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

every Class can solo nowaday. Depend on how much pots you are willing to use and where you want to level. Even Support classes can solo. =D

#3 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

every Class can solo nowaday. Depend on how much pots you are willing to use and where you want to level. Even Support classes can solo. =D

Wow, seriously? Haha, not the way I remember it!:huh: But if I were to go with a knight or a Sniper I would have an advantage in the PvE area wouldn't I? I mean come on, how easy could a priest kill mobs?XD

#4 TheBestPlayer

TheBestPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Wow, seriously? Haha, not the way I remember it!:huh: But if I were to go with a knight or a Sniper I would have an advantage in the PvE area wouldn't I? I mean come on, how easy could a priest kill mobs?XD

The same classes do the same things they did before, just 27 times more damage per hit.

#5 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Just pick the one with the biggest aoe if you want to solo.

shadow chasers
suras
sorcs
RG's
RK's

All have very nice aoes for leveling, some are also best at tanking or mvping as well. The other classes, not so much.

#6 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Just pick the one with the biggest aoe if you want to solo.

shadow chasers
suras
sorcs
RG's
RK's

All have very nice aoes for leveling, some are also best at tanking or mvping as well. The other classes, not so much.

Ok, based on what you're saying I'm going to go with preist and make me a Sura! If it's possible to solo with that even in low level jobs... It's going to be awesome!:huh:
Btw, Bad123: Love ur photo! Jungle guu <3

Edited by DashSlash, 14 February 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#7 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Shadow Chaser is by far the easiest to solo. Not only do they have many debuff based skills and can copy a large range of decent AoEs plus have high flee and gear choices but on top of that they can also copy Heal and if equip a Quad Malicious Main Gauche or Bow (many options to pick from) too they can solo almost anywhere without backup or need of HP potions... Until they run out of SP which is solved by either SP absorbing gear or even very cheap Kafra shop Blue Potions or simply regen for 1-2 minutes with adequate INT. However if you have a Linker already then RG is somewhat easier or atleast faster in some cases which is why there are so many 150 RGs compared to other classes right now.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 14 February 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#8 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Mechanic... it just costs 40mill per level >>

#9 Kheilon

Kheilon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

Chasers. You can go easy killing using a bow, magic, or traps or melee with auto steal and autocast for zeny. Most flexible class imo.

#10 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

RG

#11 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

chaser would probably be the most interesting character to level, especially in renewal since you have so many stat points you could make a hybrid autocast aspd char that can step back and start aoe'ing stuff instead (although your autocasts ARE aoe lol).

That was the main class pre-RE that sold me on renewal, the autocast MS builds.

#12 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

Mechanic... it just costs 40mill per level >>

mechanics are decent soloers lol, use ice cream or fresh fish and axe tornnado, plus greed

#13 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, mechs are actually pretty easy, just not much point in leveling one,

#14 ShadowOfLoki

ShadowOfLoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Ymir (missing Loki)

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

Is there a way to level a Merchant-class quickly without relying on zeny-draining skills like Mammonite, Acid Bomb ('cause goodness knows the ingredients are expensive, overall) and HSCR? o_O;;;

#15 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Acid Bombing MVPs is a pretty damn easy way to level. =P Despite the cost, most of the time you're gonna make it back. We leveled our level 7x Biochem to 99 in a matter of days by farming MVPs like Atroce and Kiel.

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Is there a way to level a Merchant-class quickly without relying on zeny-draining skills like Mammonite, Acid Bomb ('cause goodness knows the ingredients are expensive, overall) and HSCR? o_O;;;

Well, once you actually get to mechanic, you get Axe Tornado, your only cost then is potions, which is to not be underestimated. Of course the mado skills have their own costs and stuff too.

#17 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Best solo for money making? Rogues/stalker/chaser, autosteal ftw.

#18 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

its actually mechanic or royal guard because of greed, autogreed from triple poring hat, seen a bunch of mechs/ ms just going around high level maps where ppl mob and greed/wing. Make the decent amount of zeni just doing that

#19 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Really the biggest problem with investing time in a mechanic character is that you have to carefully consider why you're making it. It *is* good at a few things, but outside of those few things, it comes up pretty short in all other aspects of the game.

#20 akosinico

akosinico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

1. Royal gay
2. Shadow chaser
3. Ranger
4. Unmentioned

these are based on how cheap you'll spend on these characters.

#21 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

sorc is pretty cheap too.

#22 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

1. Royal gay
2. Shadow chaser
3. Ranger
4. Unmentioned

these are based on how cheap you'll spend on these characters.

Ok, so RG or Shadow Chaser then? Since both are good at making zeny, witch will be easiest to play and most fun? And witch one is best solo against MvP's ? :huh:

#23 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:01 AM

Ok, so RG or Shadow Chaser then? Since both are good at making zeny, witch will be easiest to play and most fun? And witch one is best solo against MvP's ? :huh:

Keep in mind most RG's require a seporate character to be made which takes even more time aka a Linker to achieve fastest leveling speed so have to keep that in mind, while Chaser requires nothing but themselves with the biggest array of skills you can copy (taken from iRO Wiki):

Spoiler

Aswell as high HP modifier and high Flee, nice ASDP with any play style you wish whether caster, ranged or melee the choices are truly vast. Which not only makes them one of the fastest to level and most self sufficiant and cheapest, they are one of the most enjoyable to play too. They are the Jack of all trades and imho make the best first character to use but that's just my opinion though you can probably see why.

With regard to MvPs generally you will probably want RK, RG, Sura or Biochemist but in general all classes can MvP to a certain degree if the character level is high enough with right gears depending on the MvP mob you specifically would like to target however some of the higher MvPs will always without fail require a group of people.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 15 February 2011 - 04:18 AM.

#24 DashSlash

DashSlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

Keep in mind most RG's require a seporate character to be made which takes even more time aka a Linker to achieve fastest leveling speed so have to keep that in mind, while Chaser requires nothing but themselves with the biggest array of skills you can copy

Ok. But it seems immensely complicated with this skill copying thing:P And ranged or magic OR melee? That just leaves me with more questions..^^ The swordsman class seems all the way easy and straight forward to play. And I gotta think about all the classes before that. It's going to take a long time before I become RG or Chaser, and isn't the swordsman class faster and easier to solo level up to RG than assasin up to Chaser? Either way, I want a character that can PvM/PvE but can also MvP. RG is the way to go then I think? Thank you for the answer dragoonlordz. I'm sorry I have so many questions^^

Edited by DashSlash, 15 February 2011 - 04:45 AM.

#25 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Acid Bombing MVPs is a pretty damn easy way to level. =P Despite the cost, most of the time you're gonna make it back. We leveled our level 7x Biochem to 99 in a matter of days by farming MVPs like Atroce and Kiel.

a matter of DAYS? you're doing something wrong :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users