Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Go shove this <into your spaghetti>Posted Image

in all my days playing video games, I have never seen a quest as aggravating and ill-conceived as the warlock job change.

Go kill monsters in one of the most remote maps in the game. And you can't use accessories. Or safety wall. AND THEY WON'T EVEN DROP THE ITEM AFTER YOU'VE BEEN FIGHTING THEM FOR OVER AN HOUR.

SERIOUSLY, WHY DON'T I JUST <play some monopoly>, SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

So far it's taken me longer to even get the first drop for the job change quest than it did to get job 70.

I imagine their development office is like 30 wild chimps throwing feces at a keyboard.

You're seriously sitting around wondering why your playerbase keeps declining? Blow it out your <airlock>.

Edited by Oda, 16 February 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#2 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

I laughed. The quest really needs looking into, it's not fun at all. It's one of the most aggravating quests I've ever done.

#3 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:06 AM

Well, as it is, the quest is irritating for anyone who wants to hunt on that map, too. It's bad for all of us. XD Hopefully they (or iRO) will make changes to it in the near future.

#4 TheBestPlayer

TheBestPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

You made Lazarus laugh in real life.

#5 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Well, as it is, the quest is irritating for anyone who wants to hunt on that map, too. It's bad for all of us. XD Hopefully they (or iRO) will make changes to it in the near future.

^ This.

I always like levelling on Pingicula there, there is NO other map to hunt Pingicula on. But now there are these annoying Naga that are all like "ohoho you're not here to be a Warlock but I'm going to come tickle you anyway, tickle tickle tickle". And so when you're trying to run around and hunt Pings these pests just keep aggroing which give no EXP and near nothing drops. The golems sometimes turn to aggro too or otherwise just get in the way with their big hulking mass pottering around.

Also to make matters worse they lowered the spawn of Pings on the map. Possibly to fit these dumb things in that only 1 player will need to kill every few hours (never seen anyone doing the quest there yet personally) when 24/7 the purpose of the map was the Pings (and maybe bees for some). Now it seems a lot more difficult to find a few Pings together.

Its like if they had made it so the monsters for the Archbishop quest spawned on the Odin island itself instead of in a separate instance, what sense does it make!? :huh:

Please move the Naga/Golems to a job quest instance map accessible from the Warlock job change NPC and increase the spawn of Pings again. :huh:

Edited by soudou, 16 February 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#6 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

lol. keepin' it real.

#7 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

D: I agree the test was rather a betch to do.. Although, When I did it, i found it to be rather easy with 9x vit on my char. I ran in the new world map without a phen/heal clip, using safety wall, waterball, and a tele clip. I was toggling back and forth from the 2 given warlock accessories when fighting, keeping my tele clip on.. (Did they disable SW and accessory use?) As for the actual fighting part of the test (I got my phen back for this and grabbed 100 whites), the 9x vit makes such a difference.. I actually forgot to use my SW and was tanking for a little during the 1st monster wave. I was able to go through this all in 1 shot.

I hope this info is somewhat useful for aspiring warlocks. :<

Also..

Please move the Naga/Golems to a job quest instance map accessible from the Warlock job change NPC.

+1 to that idea.

Edited by NiteWolfX13, 16 February 2011 - 02:45 AM.

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

Why is it that in order to job change, the most frail class in the entire game has to slay a battlefield full of high-HP monsters that give no experience, loot, or anything; and yet one of the most robust classes in the game just has to talk to an NPC?

Safety Wall isn't disabled, but they spam Ganbantein.
You can use accessories if you want to, but the items will never drop unless you use the trash ones the NPC gives you.

And your advice was very helpful except for the fact that I'm a high wizard. I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SPECIALIZED STAT/SKILL BUILD JUST TO COMPLETE MY JOB CHANGE. There is no practical reason for a high wizard to even have any vit pre-third.

Edited by Sera, 16 February 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#9 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

And your advice was very helpful except for the fact that I'm a high wizard. I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SPECIALIZED STAT/SKILL BUILD JUST TO COMPLETE MY JOB CHANGE. There is no practical reason for a high wizard to even have any vit pre-third.

Oh. :< I just liked the vit as high wiz in general considering my survivability was alot higher than without, and dex isnt as useful since renewal. But yeah, getting stats JUST for a job change is kinda lame. Best of luck to you, Sera.

#10 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

LOL at op.

this game seriously has some of the most boring/pointless quests ever made in mmo.

#11 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:00 AM

you know that you only need to have one accessory on right? killing golems, put the golem accessory on, killing nagas, put the naga accessory on.

wow, rocket science.

i do agree, however, that the majority of quests in this game are completely retarded.

Edited by Frappuccino, 16 February 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

Just make 3rd Classes do the old 1st Class job change quests, but with some slight changes. I understand they want to make it hard to reach 3rd Class, but after reading the quests for them, I can't help but wonder if the developers are masochists are something.

#13 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Why is it that in order to job change, the most frail class in the entire game has to slay a battlefield full of high-HP monsters that give no experience, loot, or anything; and yet one of the most robust classes in the game just has to talk to an NPC?

Safety Wall isn't disabled, but they spam Ganbantein.
You can use accessories if you want to, but the items will never drop unless you use the trash ones the NPC gives you.

You should equip only one accesory at once and have the other for a phen or something you wish. Each accesory is for the drop of one class of monster: one for naga and the other for bradium golem.

But indeed the quest is silly for the worst 3rd class ingame... ò.ó

#14 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:37 AM

I thought the GX job change went a slightly bit far with regard to how long they force you to wait the second time around. One hour first time was fine gives you time to go make dinner and a cup of tea then the second one is 3 hours which might have been more ok if it wasn't almost right after just taking an hour off to do something else a short time beforehand.

• Talk to an NPC.
  • Go to (x) at the time specified in your quest log (1 hour later) and talk to an NPC.
  • Speak to NPC again.
  • Talk to another NPC.
  • Go to (x) at the time specified in your quest log (3 hours later) and talk to an NPC.
I just think it's counter-productive being told to wait for such a long periods of time right after each other, granted it's not as tedious as the Sign quest but that at least wasn't half arsed in the sense it was very long periods of time that you could get to prior to going bed and have it ready for the morning to continue. But with splitting it into two wait times with actions in between so close to each other I just think would have been better stick as a one time 4 hour wait (if your are forced to wait atleast).

Don't know why it just bugged me your not actually doing anything towards your goal unlike hunting items where you have something to do, I find waiting more annoying in a game. If I was playing a console game and just completed it took down whatever end boss or finished the story and just before the ending sequence showing the result of your hard work a message pops up on screen "The sequence will start in 4 hours, kthxbye." Lets just say I wouldn't own that game for the next 4 hours, my local game shop would be the proud new owner.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#15 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:39 AM

The best part is that they are agressive, and I need to waste my time killing them while hunting in new world :huh:

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Warlock is a 3-1 class. Remake as a 3-2, obv

#17 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Did you get to the battle test yet, where there's no delay on the monster spawn, so they're already attacking before the map loads? It's actually the only reason the battle is remotely difficult.

Great design there Grav.

#18 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

Genetic job change for the win. "Hey you. Fetch me some cookies and click randomly around my roommate's dirty workshop" -Shortly after- JOB CHANGE TADA.

But really. Was the Warlock job change adjusted at some point shortly after Renewal? I helped someone with it within the first few weeks of it going live and we got the drops needed after about four kills (two of each monster). Are we freakishly lucky or did anyone else doing it around that time also get them quickly? Was it later decided the quest wasn't annoying enough?

#19 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

Genetic job change for the win. "Hey you. Fetch me some cookies and click randomly around my roommate's dirty workshop" -Shortly after- JOB CHANGE TADA.

But really. Was the Warlock job change adjusted at some point shortly after Renewal? I helped someone with it within the first few weeks of it going live and we got the drops needed after about four kills (two of each monster). Are we freakishly lucky or did anyone else doing it around that time also get them quickly? Was it later decided the quest wasn't annoying enough?

There's a rumor that rather than a <1% drop rate, it's actually 1 specific monster of each type, which doesn't look different in any way. If this is true, and you happened to guess right as to where those 2 monsters presently were, it would explain why everyone either spends 5 minutes or an hour on the quest, with seemingly no in between. I do recall that after fighting for over an hour, I got both drops within about 3 minutes of each other.

Edited by Mwrip, 16 February 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#20 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

When I made my Alchemist I thought it too was extremely easy, especially the bit where if give Illusion Flower to the NPC you can skip most of the actual job changing tests. Wasn't there talk before about they were going to remove 2nd class job change requirements like they have done with 1st job changes? I wonder how/when that will or will not take effect.

I guess if Genetic does turn out to be easy to job change and wasn't just luck your drop rate then I'll be quite happy with that. :3

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#21 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

I think they just ran out of stuff for the Genetic job change quest. It made it seem like the class should be called "Holticulturist" with all the plants and stuff. The AB quest was surprisingly harder(and more annoying) than the gen one.

Oh well. Maybe it would've been better if they just did what kRO did and had the same thing for everyone.

#22 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

Maybe making all the 3-1 classes have asininely long quests was their way of saying "See how much longer it takes you to job change than a 3-2? Well, you'll be seeing this kind of difference when you try to level it too."

Edited by Mwrip, 16 February 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#23 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Maybe making all the 3-1 classes have asininely long quests was their way of saying "See how much longer it takes you to job change than a 3-2? Well, you'll be seeing this kind of difference when you try to level it too."

Rangers level as fast if not faster than Fire Trap- Chasers, they tend to use the same gear with regard to HFC carded weapons and Rideword Hats and also same main skill for mobbing only they do more damage and have a mount which makes then round up mobs faster. RG's only level very fast if they have spend the extra time in making a Linker or spend a huge amount of RL money on Light Blues. RKs can level fast once they get DB but until then they level slower than some of the 3-1's. So with that regard the information or more accuratley the suggestion is incorrect.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#24 Bad123

Bad123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

They just want you to quit, do as what they are hopping for. /gg

#25 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

GX job change is no walk in the park either. It's all by chance and can take HOURS or even a couple days do it if you keep failing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users