Open letter to kRO - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Open letter to kRO

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#51 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

QQ, made me quit helping a HW friend piloting for job change... /e5

#52 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

also, what about the GX job change? That's pretty stupid too.

#53 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

Lazarus won't be laughing when he gets banned for botting on magmarings, especially since myself and a guildmate both got screenshots that are quite hard to argue with.

Just a general query I had about reporting bots: How can we submit screenshots which are hard to argue with ?? Dont the gms have to come to the spot and check the person himself ?? How can screenshots be proof of botting ?? If its a video then I can understand but screenshots ?? how ??

#54 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

Backslide mobbing is not as fast, as you tend to backslide too far and lose aggro and even when that isn't the case it's costing you sp for which is better used on trapping in the first place. Mount > Backslide.

Do you play a ranger or a shadow chaser ??

#55 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

Dear Sera,

Why did u go from mechanic to warlock and not a better class? serious question.

Because it's the only other class I had that was really ready to level.

Of the things I have:

LK - I don't have access to the gear needed to play this character at the level I would want to.
RG - This one is my fault, I reset it immediately after I third class'd it without thinking, and so it doesn't have any stats or skills to level without another reset in its future. Also I got probably the best gears for it prior to renewal, thinking I was preparing, and then renewal hit and everyone just abused kaahi to level, which I did not at the time have an appropriate setup for.
Mech - Started out pretty well, but no real point in leveling it, and I've been extraordinarily unlucky in trying to get gear for it.
Warlock - It was already practically 9x/6x when renewal hit, and I've been very lucky with gears, so yeah.

Of the things I could have if I worked on them (high level non-trans chars):
Monk - Quite frankly I'm not at all familiar with the class/playstyle and I have absolutely no gear for it.
Assassin - GX, why bother?
Dancer - Wanderer, why bother?
Priest - Archbishop, why bother? Also, I'm really awful with support.

The other stuff I don't have, have no interest in, or can't afford to play. I mean, you might say "It's easier than ever to trans things in renewal now!" and that's true, but it still is an investment of time, and if you don't have friends or bots who will help you, it can be pretty frustrating and tedious, so I'm just mostly trying to make the best of what I already have.

#56 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

Do you play a ranger or a shadow chaser ??

Shadow Chaser. Well technically I'm working on my Chaser/GX but just started making a Lord Knight to RK from scratch week ago and my Alchemist to Geneticist few weeks before that aswell as my Champ which is close to Sura all at same time switching between them to keep the leveling fun... And then will come a RG followed by finally Ranger. Aka have no mains, however my Chaser is currently my highest even if not played the most right now.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#57 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Shadow Chaser. Well technically I'm working on my Chaser/GX but just started making a Lord Knight to RK him and my Alchemist to Geneticist her aswell as my Champ which is close to Sura... And then erm then will come a RG followed by finally Ranger.

I asked that because unless you play a class and level it up for a long time you do not fully understand what are the problems associated with it. Observing or playing/testing a ranger for a short time is quite different than grinding for hours in dragons or bio2. I only say that because I have a ranger and thats the only class I have and play and everyone knows the problems associated with it. I have not played a chaser so I cannot argue about backslide or mount issue, but I have to tell you one thing, getting hitlocked is far worse than the issues you mentioned with backslide. I die, if ever, only cos of getting hitlocked and hence the position lag due to it. Flee and mount speed help you till you gather a few monsters, after that, you get hitlocked. Fly winging is the only option out of it, and if not done in time, you die. Position lag is my only enemy and if anything helps you get out of it without flywinging, consider yourself lucky.

#58 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

Just a general query I had about reporting bots: How can we submit screenshots which are hard to argue with ?? Dont the gms have to come to the spot and check the person himself ?? How can screenshots be proof of botting ?? If its a video then I can understand but screenshots ?? how ??

you need several screenshots. What I did was wait until the bot gets 'stuck' on a drosera. I took a screenshot of me questioning the bot, waited a moment, took another screenshot of me drawing magmarings close to the bot, took another screnshot, took a screenshot of my character saying 'if you were a real player, you'd kill the plant and move off." then to finally prove that they are not idle, I screencapped my character saying "I will kill the plant and then the bot will run off" and then I did that and screencapped it.

Since images taken through screencap have a date and time attatched to them, it shows this all happened in quick sucession and wasn't staged.

this isn't foolproof by itself but it sure should give the GM's a lot more help than a single screenshot.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 16 February 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#59 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

you need several screenshots. What I did was wait until the bot gets 'stuck' on a drosera. I took a screenshot of me questioning the bot, waited a moment, took another screenshot of me drawing magmarings close to the bot, took another screnshot, took a screenshot of my character saying 'if you were a real player, you'd kill the plant and move off." then to finally prove that they are not idle, I screencapped my character saying "I will kill the plant and then the bot will run off" and then I did that and screencapped it.

Since images taken through screencap have a date and time attatched to them, it shows this all happened in quick sucession and wasn't staged.

this isn't foolproof by itself but it sure should give the GM's a lot more help than a single screenshot.

Oh I see. Good to know that. Wish we had a better system of reporting bots.

#60 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

I find it funny when bots screw up like that and attack a monster with an elemental weapon in the past that cannot hit it due to the element of the mob back then though doesn't work tbh anymore same way. I'll see if I can find a screenshot from while back to show what I mean.

Also no I didn't blackmail him in the end, though so many years ago I cannot remember if I reported him or not.

Spoiler

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#61 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

alchemists are good at testing bots with their plants. priests can also cast sanctuary on a monster while the bot is trying to kill it. If the bot keeps attacking they most likely aren't a real player.

#62 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

I also at some point want to make a Warlock just because of the when casting the sprite is funny, reminds me of the French.

Posted Image

I surrender! Posted Image (Just kidding I got nothing against the French.. Well not much...Maybe...)

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#63 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Keeps reminding me why RO isn't fun anymore. Got all happy about finally becoming a warlock, and I mean, hey, even if I can't WoE on it, I can at least enjoy blowing stuff up in PVM, right?

NOPE

3 job levels in, I have no access to useful skills, I'm getting the same job experience I was pre-third, and am effectively just a high wizard with more HP/SP.

A lot of the skills seem kind of useless for PVM at this point too, since most of them completely overkill everything in my level range (I can still easily OHKO stuff with mage/wizard skills)

Just makes me start flipping through my other characters looking for something that isn't third yet ~.~

One of the good things about exponential experience curves is that you gained early and immediate access to the skills that would help you to unlock later things. With linear experience curves, you have to wait quite a while before you even see some of your leveling skills.

Edited by Sera, 16 February 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#64 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

also, what about the GX job change? That's pretty stupid too.

yeah seriously I dont understand the point of these quests..

GX quest requires you to wait way to long to carry on to the next task, which means for people who doesnt have 15 hours a day to play the game, it could take upto days to just to turn into a GX.

like the one part where you have to go to veins corner and catch that little girl which in cases, ive heard people failling over 20 times.

each time you fail to catch the girl, you need to sit and wait like another 30 mintes or something and thats not even enough time for you to go around and do something productive, pretty much makes you sit there in veins town for hours and hours hoping to catch the little girl.

#65 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

renewal makes me feel a lot like this

Spoiler

#66 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

Keeps reminding me why RO isn't fun anymore. Got all happy about finally becoming a warlock, and I mean, hey, even if I can't WoE on it, I can at least enjoy blowing stuff up in PVM, right?

NOPE

3 job levels in, I have no access to useful skills, I'm getting the same job experience I was pre-third, and am effectively just a high wizard with more HP/SP.

A lot of the skills seem kind of useless for PVM at this point too, since most of them completely overkill everything in my level range (I can still easily OHKO stuff with mage/wizard skills)

Just makes me start flipping through my other characters looking for something that isn't third yet ~.~

One of the good things about exponential experience curves is that you gained early and immediate access to the skills that would help you to unlock later things. With linear experience curves, you have to wait quite a while before you even see some of your leveling skills.

A warlock's first job is WASTED on a summon sphere....of which are usless unless you are getting TV. The skill tree should be revised to put all the summon sphere skills at the END of each branch right before TV (that way you aren't forced to waste 4 skill points on them if you're not going to get TV in the first place).

#67 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if they reformulated it so that the first 20 job levels came pretty easily and then trailed off sharply after that. At least you could set yourself up with a couple skills to actually use to get the other job levels.

Instead I'm spending hours grinding as a High Wizard with a pretty sprite.

#68 TheBestPlayer

TheBestPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Ignore him. He's retarded and thought that him botting, meant that I was botting. Mercury poisoning in public water supplies does that to south african degenerates such as him. His 3rd party programs saw me leveling, and he got jealous that he couldnt use them properly and was banned for it.

Posted Image

#69 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if they reformulated it so that the first 20 job levels came pretty easily and then trailed off sharply after that. At least you could set yourself up with a couple skills to actually use to get the other job levels.

Instead I'm spending hours grinding as a High Wizard with a pretty sprite.

Exactly, it's a problem because of a combo of 2 things. 1) Job exp from mobs was lowered in RE and 2) it takes 112k exp JUST for job 2 as a 3rd class. The current Job curve is getting scrutinized right now on many of the servers so I foresee a change coming for the better. Locks in the future should have a much easier time than we do now.

#70 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

I don't remember having this problem on my mech, but then again it's not like I got any new skills as a mech anyway.

#71 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

I asked that because unless you play a class and level it up for a long time you do not fully understand what are the problems associated with it. Observing or playing/testing a ranger for a short time is quite different than grinding for hours in dragons or bio2. I only say that because I have a ranger and thats the only class I have and play and everyone knows the problems associated with it. I have not played a chaser so I cannot argue about backslide or mount issue, but I have to tell you one thing, getting hitlocked is far worse than the issues you mentioned with backslide. I die, if ever, only cos of getting hitlocked and hence the position lag due to it. Flee and mount speed help you till you gather a few monsters, after that, you get hitlocked. Fly winging is the only option out of it, and if not done in time, you die. Position lag is my only enemy and if anything helps you get out of it without flywinging, consider yourself lucky.

hmmmm....for anyone having trouble getting hit locked when mobbing, buy some anodyne(dunno if thats spelled correctly). Once you use one it give u endure for 10 secs i think. They are not too hard to farm or if someone is vending them they usually hella cheap. Endure>hitlock

Edited by DeathDealer, 16 February 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#72 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

hmmmm....for anyone having trouble getting hit locked when mobbing, buy some anodyne(dunno if thats spelled correctly). Once you use one it give u endure for 10 secs i think. They are not too hard to farm or if someone is vending them they usually hella cheap. Endure>hitlock

Wow i actually never knew about this.

with my chaser we don't even have detonate for fire trap so it really sucks when we misplace the trap due to hit-lock position lag...

I usually had to turn myself around couple times using back slide to get mobs back into the already placed fire trap..

#73 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

See, this is a very intellectually stimulating thread.

#74 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

I know about Anodyne but it gives endure lvl 1 which lasts for only 7 hits or 10 seconds, whichever ends earlier. So, thats why, when I am mobbing like 20 monsters at a time, it doesnt help as much. It might help in getting rid of hitlock, but I dont know how much can I farm them. Good idea though. I might try going for 50 perfect dodge, but I dont have a +7 or a +9 valk manteau. One of my friends uses that, along with other equips and fortune sword to get a lot of perfect dodge, helps a lot. I guess, theoretically, if you have 50 perfect dodge, your HP is doubled, since you will get hit only half of the times.

Edited by Pravin, 16 February 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#75 Randfeon

Randfeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

I think that by this point, you should already know that RO is a game about great concepts, but HORRIBLE execution. Nearly everything in it suffers from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users