Future Plans *2/17 edition - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Future Plans *2/17 edition

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Well here is the maintenance changes for tomorrow. Nothing too exciting but wanted to get this post up so I can start posting future future plans!

The Dwarf in the Guild dungeons will work in all realms properly.
Dialog fixes for Eden Group 41-55 quests.
Sign quest update to properly kick players to umbala rather than a dead map from the "hut"
Mysterious Dyestuff will allow you to make Orange and Red Ribbons!
Shadow Chaswers will be able to do the Close Confine quest if they lack that skill.
Weight check applied to our "events" to avoid a possible case of failing.
Double Drop Event ends.
WoE Skill damage will update from 40% to 50%
Deep Sleep will no longer work outside WoE castles.
Scarlet Roses distributed to the Code the Redeemer for conversions done from 2/14- to 11:59pm 2/16.

***------------------------------
Now for the more interesting part of the post is the Future future plans.

1. Exp curve modifying. This may affect the exp needed to go up a level and how much a given monster is worth. This will be a big update very likely and is taking some time to be sure it doesn't cause a problem. The outcome desired is to have players reach job 50 as a 3rd class when they are about lvl 135-140 or so. Secondarily is to have the monsters reward keep scaling up with difficulty a bit better. So bio labs monsters should be incredible reward but right now they aren't compared to hunting a lesser monster.

2. A premium "elite Dungeon". In April we will have an event map that we hope a few appropriately leveled heroes can give us feedback on how much better/worse it is than normal leveling. Goal is to increase difficulty and reward to encourage faster leveling through partying. It is just a dungeon, but if the concept proves fruitful other dungeons and potentially instances can be constructed with the same idea in mind.

3. Party Enhancement incoming: Development team accepted the proposal sent in. There were many parts to that proposal and I am not 100% certain that every piece is being implemented as we submitted it, but the core principle will be in. Core Principle is the bonus for multiple party members will be increased drastically. Goal is to make total party exp to settle at about 30-40% of what you would get per solo kill. This will play into future events and new dungeons that also further encourage partying. This should make partying more viable, and if the "other parts" of the proposal is implemented then I assure you that party play will become more viable and fun.

4. Skill balance patches: we are weekly requesting more and more class skill balance changes, especially ones that we have been given notice were implemented already in kRO but not yet in iRO. To help speed this up anyone requesting a specific patch needs to tell us the Class, the Skill and the date of its patching on kRO (iro wiki has a section for this).

5. Refining is being worked on to change how the system works. This could entail not only success rates, but possibly how high you can go, what bonuses are given by each upgrade etc. This is still in the discussion phase internally for the development team so I don't know details.

6. Free 2 Play is coming in March. If you currently subscribe you will likely barely notice a difference except that more NPCs will have special things like buffs and quests for you. For Free players that are already playing you will notice that refining will work like it does on Ymir/Yggdrasil does. But otherwise little difference. If you are a free player who is new though you will be restricted in how many characters you can make, and likely how many free accounts you can open up at once. Certain quests will be available for premium members, free members who don't have a subscription could make a small kafra purchase to get permanent access to that quest. The premium account would lose access if subscription expired, but if the token was bought the access would become permanent with or without subscription.

Those tokens will be the RESET STONES you all know and love. They will rename themselves to Magic Stones but they will be used for more stuffs in the future, hence their very modular price and availability.

7. Kafra shop wise, we are requesting some new consumables, a massive number of hats seen in other versions already. These will help populate the Kafra shop for a bit, but more importantly we will be doing regular Headgear events where we use your designs as future in-game hats. These may take a quarter to be designed or so, but we will start a better rotation of them starting in the 2nd quarter of this year.

8. Currently for 2011 I am expecting to get in the following updates. (is a tight schedule for the dev team) Brasilis, 13.3, and 14.1. I also expect to implement some of the "back items" mounts and a new GUI for the kafra shop that forgoes the Payon Alley necessity.

I know there are other things too, and the above are not in order of implementation or priority they are just there as they came off my mind.

#2 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hmmm...
Sounds interesting.
So, let me get this straight.
If I'm a free player I can access premium dungeon if I buy a Reset/Magic Stone?

Edited by iiNote, 16 February 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

I want the new job exp tables now! T__T

#4 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

make total party exp to settle at about 30-40% of what you would get per solo kill

But isn't the current system set up so you get 50% in a party of two would have recieved if was running solo. So wouldn't that make it a decrease not increase which is what people were asking for... Or am I just misunderstanding it here. So it would only be a benefit if the party was larger than two but after that it becomes 30-40% for all other members? Hmm but you say "total exp" does that relate to per indvidual or group total... Posted Image It's left me kind of confused if I'm honest.

Is the plan to have the total exp per person added to group still +10% and the reductions instead of say for three in group being 37% you would put it as 40% with increases in reductions like before but ever so slightly higher rates so as it is now 30% for four people in the group in future it will be say as example 30% for eight people in group?

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#5 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

i believe he means minimum on the exp for parties more than 3for parties of 2 it shouldn't change to below 50% aka 4 ppl get 25% ea
5 get 20% etc etc
Besides shouldn't you pin this before it gets lost, heimNot that i expect it to with all the comments it'll likely generate

#6 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Modified party exp and 3rd class job exp those would be very nice, but for some skill blockage that would be prolly implemented in the future, I don't think people will 100% like it, I've seen lots from Doddler's site but if that would make the game more fair and square we should consider also player's opinions.

#7 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

But isn't the current system set up so you get 50% in a party that you would have recieved if was running solo. So wouldn't that make it a decrease not increase which is what people were asking for... Or am I just misunderstanding it here.

Yeah, I understood it same as Cryslia.
Meaning if you have a party of say 12 people.
Instead of gaining 8% you gain 20-30%.
Seems good to me o.o

#8 Castella

Castella

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

8. Currently for 2011 I am expecting to get in the following updates. (is a tight schedule for the dev team) Brasilis, 13.3, and 14.1. I also expect to implement some of the "back items" mounts and a new GUI for the kafra shop that forgoes the Payon Alley necessity.

And maybe Homunculus S? :huh:

For the orange and red ribbons, is that this Posted Image kind of ribbon?

Thanks for keeping us updated on the future plans.

#9 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'll get excited when I see the changes applied ingame, but it sounds like a step in the right direction.

#10 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, I understood it same as Cryslia.
Meaning if you have a party of say 12 people.
Instead of gaining 8% you gain 20-30%.
Seems good to me o.o

Yeh it might be ok a very slight improvement but I guess I just wish to see the exp tables relating to it planned. I mean if it's a gradual decrease in % down to twelve people I have a feeling it may end up showing only a 3% increase on each member added when scale it all the way down to twelve people. Or whether since he said settles at 30% that a full party of 12 becomes the new 30% as opposed to 17% currently.

I have a sneaky feeling and a hopeful one that he means there will no longer be a penalty for each additional member and that a total exp 'settle on 30-40%' *fingers crossed on 40*, means regardless of how many members it will be at 40% with no further reductions but keeping the 10% increase per character would be lush if went hand in hand together. I just think there aren't enough details but I guess that will come in time.

Like right now I think its something like..
3000xp mob x 200% for a 12 member party = 6000xp split between each member at 17% each giving each mamber 1020xp?

Will become...
3000xp mob x 100% for 12 member party = 3000xp but will be split between each member at 40% each receiving 1200xp?

Or does it mean we still get the +10% bonus and the increase.
3000xp mob x 200% for 12 member party = 6000xp split between each member at 40% so each recieving 2400xp?

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#11 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

+5

#12 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hoping to see 13.3 come in ASAP, we need more high-end dungeons.

#13 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

4. Skill balance patches: we are weekly requesting more and more class skill balance changes, especially ones that we have been given notice were implemented already in kRO but not yet in iRO. To help speed this up anyone requesting a specific patch needs to tell us the Class, the Skill and the date of its patching on kRO (iro wiki has a section for this).

http://forums.warppo...post__p__321386

Enough said.

#14 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

I am so happy that you actually took the time to mention this stuff. Keep us up to date with future content and it's progress, and it could make a lot of players much happier.

#15 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

I very much like the plans, especially the ones for bios and job exp.

I don't really understand #3. I think it was worded strange. How will this affect small parties of just a killer and an AB?

Edited by Sapphic, 16 February 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#16 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

I very much like the plans, especially the ones to bios and job exp.

I don't really understand #3. I think it was worded strange. How will this affect small parties of just a killer and an AB?

I agree it has left me slightly confused too leaving me to jump to conclusions that could be way off. Posted Image

#17 aurum

aurum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

not surprising that you will need reset stones to access dungeons.

#18 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

I like how Heim quoted "back items". making me wondering is it slot sunnies

#19 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I like how Heim quoted "back items". making me wondering is it slot sunnies

He's probably talking about those wings that go on your back.

#20 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Sorry if I wrote confusingly.

Basically right now every member over 2 gives =10%.

So party of :
NOW
2 = (100 +0)/2 = 50%
3 = (100 +10)/3 = 36%
4 = (100 +20)/4 =30%
12 = (110+100) /12 = 16.7%

Likely proposed

2 = 50%
3 = (100 +25) /3 = 42%
12 = (100 +250) /12 = 27% (better than an old school 4 person party)

One of the parts of that party proposals is for the rate to not be hard coded but changable with maintenance, so we could have party events. Such as up the bonus from default to +50 or higher %. 50% bonus BTW would be 50% normal value for any party size (12 = (100 + 500)/12 = 50%)

#21 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

finally our pleas have been listened to
they are finally fixing the party system

#22 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Sorry if I wrote confusingly.

Basically right now every member over 2 gives =10%.

So party of :
NOW
2 = (100 +0)/2 = 50%
3 = (100 +10)/3 = 36%
4 = (100 +20)/4 =30%
12 = (110+100) /12 = 16.7%

Likely proposed

2 = 50%
3 = (100 +25) /3 = 42%
12 = (100 +250) /12 = 27% (better than an old school 4 person party)

One of the parts of that party proposals is for the rate to not be hard coded but changable with maintenance, so we could have party events. Such as up the bonus from default to +50 or higher %. 50% bonus BTW would be 50% normal value for any party size (12 = (100 + 500)/12 = 50%)

Ok thank you for clearing it up for me, it did leave me a little confused before so thanks for the clarification. Posted Image

#23 Kheilon

Kheilon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

Mmm, I would love those Party Mods. <3

#24 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Are there any plans about launching a temporal test server so we can test out the new tweaks and the new contents before they go live?

#25 neberus

neberus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

nice with the exp chart change, too bad it dont have a date bc its hard to job lvl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users