Your thoughts on this Defi build - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Your thoughts on this Defi build

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Venset

Venset

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hey guys, first time posting but I have been reading the forums for a bit. I would like to hear your thoughts on this PVP build which I did on Kruxena. (I also hope It's do able for pve) Take note I won't be re-skilling or using item mall stuff.

http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=86#79,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,10,0,1,0,1,0,0,10,1,1,10,10,1,0,7,7,7,7,7,0,0,0,0,6,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,2,0,7,7,0

Warning: Possible Wall of Text

Now It's a bit different, that's why I want to hear your opinions. I personally haven't got my defi up high to experience exactly how the skills work, this is all just 'on paper' so to speak. (currently in the 30s just kiting with level 1 bloody arrow) So certain skills that I think may work a certain way, might not. My only 'high' level is a 65 sin, so I'm very sin like in gameplay.

As you can see the DNA damage is spread over a few skills instead of just concentrating on something in particular (trying to be more versatile). I used dna to increase binding shadows time so I can use skill points somewhere else (I did this because I wanted a longer bind, just in case I wanted to DOT/nuke a single target and use Terms of Service to stop enemy reinforcements or vice versa etc, just basically more tactical freedom)

Would I need more range in my Arrow of Ruin? I only put 1 dna because the AOES and deadly bomb are 8 metres. I thought keeping It even would be enough?

Deadly bomb, I'm not sure how this skill works exactly but I'm thinking It works well with Arrow of Ruin? At first I had It at level 4 (mainly to hopefully de-stealth sins) but I had spare points so I maxed It.

Now for example If skills like deadly bomb don't need too many points (just enough for max range) then keep in mind that I am kinda fond of single target attacks. Can It be worth leveling Bloody Arrow? It may sound silly but you can spam cast this thing like crazy and If that damage adds up a lot through magic mastery or equipment then It would be good for me, because It's fast. However If the damage doesn't scale well I will leave at level 1

I have Rake nail 1 point for a one shot at a sin whos about to stealth, so teammates could possibly kill him. I even thought about leveling It a tiny bit If i can take some points from somewhere else just for the sake of Rake nail having a longer dot to keep sins de-stealthed longer.

I didn't do anything with Vampyric touch because I really have no idea how this skill behaves, I just know that investing in It costs too much DNA.

I kind of kept in my mind while making this build Is that I'f my aoes and Terms of Service are on cooldown then there's always something else I can do, eg melee stun + curse effect, fears, binds, single target dps, bombing.

Hmm well that's all I can say for now. Give me your thoughts. Is It too spread out damage wise to be really effective? Can some things be rearranged for better use of points? If anyone has any recent defi gameplay videos showing the skills in action that would be a great help.

Cheers.

Edited by Venset, 17 February 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

take vampiroc lvl 1. Its better to put more points in shadow binding kill than into DNA. You can drop deadly bomb for maxed nuking power

#3 Drizzt

Drizzt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

you need lvl 10 in bloody arrow... If you don't have lvl 10 you gonna hit JS bosses for 0... idk if it should be like that or just bugged but one time tried make it 1 lvl and hits tyr for 0

#4 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

you need lvl 10 in bloody arrow... If you don't have lvl 10 you gonna hit JS bosses for 0... idk if it should be like that or just bugged but one time tried make it 1 lvl and hits tyr for 0

3L303L?

#5 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

you hit it for 0 when its bug (i notice it only on crits)or when you have other defi/domi in pt that have highe skillpoints on it (dot)

Edited by Nerthu, 18 February 2011 - 01:33 AM.

#6 Drizzt

Drizzt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

you hit it for 0 when its bug (i notice it only on crits)or when you have other defi/domi in pt that have highe skillpoints on it (dot)

ah so i got it :) a lot of defi's have bloody arrow lvl 10 thats i dealed 0 dmg because had skill only on lvl 1 :)

#7 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

ah so i got it :) a lot of defi's have bloody arrow lvl 10 thats i dealed 0 dmg because had skill only on lvl 1 :)

sometimes i ask me really how they can be capped. i see grind pts with 4 mystic. and every mystic have his aoe's on other lvl. thats so stupid.
same abouth the kinds of elements. dam. a lvl 79 char dont know witch elemnt his skill have, dont know the resis and dopnt know that lower dots cant overwright higher dots (except the diffrent is in dna. same skill with diffrent dna work. on buffs is hte last buffed)

guys. pls. this are basic from this game.you need to know this that you can play your char efective.

and before the next question come. yes. the diffrent new resis debuff kick them self.

Edited by Nerthu, 18 February 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#8 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

guys. pls. this are basic from this game.you need to know this that you can play your char efective.

Lots don't know this...however it's a stupid :) design that people wouldn't even think existed.

#9 Venset

Venset

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hmm ok here's another build based on your suggestions:

http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=86#79,0,1,0,0,10,0,1,10,0,3,0,10,0,0,10,1,1,10,1,1,0,7,7,7,7,7,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,9,0,7,7,0

(btw sorry the first build showed I had skill points left over, I was sure that It said 0 :))

What i like about this version is the I will feel more effective at the earlier levels, because who knows If I will even be able to hit 79 (I don't have prem)

I sacrificed the bind time and deadly bomb for more nuke power, which I believe Is good. Rake Nail is now an effective keep sin un-steathed weapon. (btw do the single target dots cancel each other out?)

Now I really need to know how Vampyric Touch calculates because level 1 says 35 HP absorb, and to me that does not seem like much. Surely It doesn't just absorb 35 hp?

Cheers

Edited by Venset, 18 February 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#10 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

Dots stack and VT would add +35 dmg to your base attack.

#11 Venset

Venset

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

35 damage for a 1.5 cast? I must be thinking wrong. I'm guessing this 35 damage gets multiplied somehow?

#12 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:07 AM

If you hit for 500 normal and crit for 1000 then VT would hit for 535 and crit 1070.

#13 Venset

Venset

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

:) I see, that makes sense now. Thank you for explaining. So you think my build (2nd one) is alright then? I would like to start chucking in the points on my character asap to make leveling easier.

Edited by Venset, 18 February 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#14 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

every dmg work this. (skill dmg+magic dmg + (int*.03)). i am not 100% shure abouth the dmg from int. i think it was 3int was 0.1dmg or so. i make with lvl1 vamp toouch 2k crits on nagas and 700normal hit as example. this is on every target. when you put aoe dna inside you take this from every hittet mob :)

with the dots it so. you have a target with dor from bloddy arrow with lvl3. now you come with you lvl10 arrow. so ayou will overwrite his dmg. is your skill ower then 3 you dont make dmg (no inital dmg and no dot). you will overwrit just the same dot not all others.

o i forgot the dmg boost from magic mastery. i need to test it. i amnoshure it incrase just the skill dmg or all curse dmg.

Edited by Nerthu, 18 February 2011 - 06:32 AM.

#15 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:24 AM

:) piece of :) phone deleted what I just :) typed out. -_- jewish :)-_--_- slutbag

.....cant check build atm, on phone at work, dont get the -_-ty buffs and save yourself 20 points to spend ans play around with all the skills you want, can always reset later

#16 Venset

Venset

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

Trust me I didn't choose those crappy buffs. I won't be able to reset unless I somehow get rich one day.

Ill type my build out for ya :)

Skills (I didn't include the fillers for less clutter)

10 Bloody Arrow
10 Rake Nail
1 Vampyric Touch
10 Shape of Fear
3 Shadow Binding
10 Magic Mastery(Curse)
10 Arrow of Ruin
7 Binding Soul
7 Blood Storm
7 Curse Effect
7 Deadly Fog
7 Trap of Stiffness

DNA

9 Strengthened Range Arrow of Ruin
7 Extended Blood Storm
7 Extended Deadly Fog
1 Range Arrow of Ruin
1 Strengthened Curse Effect

#17 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

Looks good. Pretty similar to my build.

#18 Zirozi

Zirozi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

:) piece of -_- phone deleted what I just :) typed out. :D jewish :)-_--_- slutbag

:) Really now?

Edited by PixelBlood, 18 February 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#19 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

:) Really now?

Shush-_- it was a long paragraph and it deleted it all u.u

#20 Zirozi

Zirozi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:10 AM

Shush-_-

.. REALLY NOW
Guess its a good thing these forums are censored :3 They can save your ass :)

#21 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Lol :)

#22 Zirozi

Zirozi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

=p

#23 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

rake nail lvl 1 has the highest dot amount, the higher lvl of skill the lower the dot, so i keep it at lvl 1 :(
BA is maxed tho :)

#24 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

rake nail lvl 1 has the highest dot amount, the higher lvl of skill the lower the dot, so i keep it at lvl 1 :(
BA is maxed tho :)

The dmg increase and longer duration of the DoT makes it worth it.

#25 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Aye, RN is a somewhat costly but it doe make for some quick and pwerful kills, infact, my build is pretty much the same as Venset's recommendation. However, I find Curse Effect is tricky to use in PvP situations due to its immediate range. I only ever use it whilst running through enemies stuck in Terms of Service to escape. To use it any other time (except for flushing out sneaky stealths) is actually better spent doing Deadly Fog or Blood Storm. Its ok for extra damage in PvE. I stopped lvling it at 3 though i have yet to decide what to replace it with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users