[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#26 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

We are having the same problem. Your not alone.

Please describe exactly what happens. If you have Snow Leopard, you can record a video by choosing "file", "new screen recording" from the menu bar in QuickTime Player.

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 04:55 AM.

#27 lpsiah

lpsiah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

This is what happens to me when I'm trying to install it:
http://tinypic.com/r/15y9g6p/7

#28 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

This is what happens to me when I'm trying to install it:
http://tinypic.com/r/15y9g6p/7

Which version of CrossOver Games are you using? Version 9.1 or higher is required.

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#29 lpsiah

lpsiah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

yeah, my version is 9.2

#30 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

yeah, my version is 9.2

Check whether your installer is corrupted:
  • Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities).
  • Type "shasum " (including the space).
  • Drag the installer onto the window from Finder.
  • Press return.
  • Wait for the file's hash to be calculated (a hash is like a signature for a set of data, which radically changes if the data is modified even slightly).

A 40-character hexadecimal hash will be output, which is at the beginning of the following example output:

39c35b99442a1cfcde8ac2dce927950359a6cea2 /Users/richard/Downloads/iRO-13.2Renewal-FullInstall-20101007-1357.msi

If your hash doesn't match the one in the preceding example, then your installer is corrupted.

Edited by richard, 18 June 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#31 lpsiah

lpsiah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

this is what I get

Posted Image

soo I guess I have to download the client again?

#32 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

this is what I get

Posted Image

soo I guess I have to download the client again?

The easy but inefficient solution:

Download the installer again.

The efficient but difficult solution:

You can use a BitTorrent client such as Vuze to download only the missing or corrupted parts of the file. When you open the client's metafile, choose to save the referenced file (iRO-13.2Renewal-FullInstall-20101007-1357.msi) with the same name and location as the existing one.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#33 lpsiah

lpsiah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

I was using Tomato for download the torrent but didn't work, so imma try the Vuze thingy now.
I'll tell you how it goes lol

#34 lpsiah

lpsiah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

It worked! thanks

#35 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

Wanted to let you know that we did get this working. Thank you for making such great guide for us to follow.

#36 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

Is there a way to screenshot on Mac OS X? I don't mean the screenshot inbuilt into a Mac (ie : printscreen) but like the one which adds a screenie to my Screenshot folder?

EDIT : Sorry didn't realise your guide underwent a lot of updates! Thank you very much.

EDIT 2 : Sorry, another question. Tried to get it to full screen, but the small issue is that I can still see the .. BORDER of the virtual desktop. Is there a way to allow RO to completely fill my desktop? I used a resolution of 1440x900, for reference.

Edited by Hrishi, 10 November 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#37 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

EDIT 2 : Sorry, another question. Tried to get it to full screen, but the small issue is that I can still see the .. BORDER of the virtual desktop. Is there a way to allow RO to completely fill my desktop? I used a resolution of 1440x900, for reference.

I've just attempted to run the client in full-screen mode. Unfortunately, support for this feature seems to be broken. :( This could be due to changes in either CrossOver Games or the client. This will hopefully be fixed in a future version of CrossOver Games.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#38 Sevii

Sevii

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I used the c4p thing from the crossover games website for ragnarok to install it, and reached the point where I have gotten character info from iro. And the maps load, but the monsters and other players do not and I end up with an immovable character.

Basically it loads to a empty version of pront without character movement, in normal operation Ro sometimes loads an empty map/pront for maybe 1-2 seconds then populates it soon after.

If anyone else figured out how to get past this please tell me.
thanks

#39 JanaLee700

JanaLee700

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:37 AM

I used the c4p thing from the crossover games website for ragnarok to install it, and reached the point where I have gotten character info from iro. And the maps load, but the monsters and other players do not and I end up with an immovable character.

Basically it loads to a empty version of pront without character movement, in normal operation Ro sometimes loads an empty map/pront for maybe 1-2 seconds then populates it soon after.

If anyone else figured out how to get past this please tell me.
thanks

Contact the support Ninjas at CodeWeavers, and I am sure they will be able to help you out. ninjas@codeweavers.com, or visit the Ragnarok Online community page that CodeWeavers has set up. http://www.codeweave.../ragnarokonline, you might find your answer there in the forum.

#40 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

I am doubtful it would work but worth a try, is there a way to setup Lowerping using this for RO?

#41 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I am doubtful it would work but worth a try, is there a way to setup Lowerping using this for RO?

You can use Lowerping on Mac OS X according to a thread on the Lowerping forum. :)

Firstly, you must forward outgoing TCP ports 4500 and 6900 using Proxycap or Proxifier. Secondly, if you're using Proxycap, you must also exclude outgoing TCP ports 21 and 80 from being forwarded by adding a "direct connection" rule for these ports. Finally, substitute a lowercase "P" for the uppercase one when entering the Terminal command (to correct an error in the guide).

I haven't tested this procedure because I don't use Lowerping. :unsure: If you don't understand these instructions, tell me which SOCKS proxy software you want to use (Proxycap or Proxifier) and I'll try to write a guide for configuring it.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#42 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

Sorry, before I could try that completely unrelated problem came up. I've been playing with CrossOver for almost a year now and never had an issue. Now the game client just randomly freezes from time to time. Any idea what caused it to happen?

#43 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Sorry, before I could try that completely unrelated problem came up. I've been playing with CrossOver for almost a year now and never had an issue. Now the game client just randomly freezes from time to time. Any idea what caused it to happen?

It's a known problem that I've experienced myself twice. Despite meticulous investigation, I don't know what causes it. :( It mysteriously vanishes after a few days to a fortnight of normal computer use.

When the problem occurs on my computer, I play RO under Parallels until it ceases.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#44 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

You can use Lowerping on Mac OS X according to a thread on the Lowerping forum. :)Firstly, you must forward outgoing TCP ports 4500 and 6900 using Proxycap or Proxifier. Secondly, if you're using Proxycap, you must also exclude outgoing TCP ports 21 and 80 from being forwarded by adding a â??direct connectionâ?? rule for these ports. Finally, substitute a lowercase â??Pâ?? for the uppercase one when entering the Terminal command (to correct an error in the guide).I haven't tested this procedure because I don't use Lowerping. :p_devil: If you don't understand these instructions, tell me which SOCKS proxy software you want to use (Proxycap or Proxifier) and I'll try to write a guide for configuring it.

Also it would be great if you could write a guide for configuring this. I gave it a shot but I think I screwed up somewhere ... using Proxifier for reference!

Edited by Hrishi, 29 November 2010 - 03:28 AM.

#45 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

Also it would be great if you could write a guide for configuring this. I gave it a shot but I think I screwed up somewhere ... using Proxifier for reference!

I can't test the following procedure because I don't have a Lowerping account. :)
  • Open Proxifier.
  • From the main menu, choose "options", "proxy settings".
  • Press "add".
  • Enter the following information:

Address: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 1080
    Protocol: SOCKS, version 5
  • Press "OK" twice.
  • From the main menu, choose "options", "proxification rules".
  • Choose "process only the following".
  • Untick (uncheck) the rule named "Loopback".
  • Press "add".
  • Enter a descriptive name for the rule, such as "RO".
  • Press "browse".
  • Locate and choose CrossOver Games.
  • Enter "4500 6900" in the "port range" field.
  • Press "OK" twice.
  • Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities).
  • Enter the following command:

ssh -p 3421 -D 1080 username@server

Replace "username" with your Lowerping username, and "server" with your Lowerping server.

When you want to play RO, open Proxifier, open Terminal, then repeat the last step of the preceding instructions.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#46 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Ah, thank you very much! When selecting applications I think I browsed to the .exe file Crossover uses, which didn't seem to work I think.

#47 Matche

Matche

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

i know that this thread is old and it's about problems for other ragnarok onlines.. but i am trying to play ragnarok france
because of a friend of mine and this is what happens to me after logging in:

http://i53.tinypic.com/9uwxhl.png

anyway, it's not only upside-down it also always changes from upside-down to the right side and doesnt go away to do "100% loading"-screen..
i hope somebody can help.

#48 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:21 AM

i know that this thread is old and it's about problems for other ragnarok onlines.. but i am trying to play ragnarok france
because of a friend of mine and this is what happens to me after logging in:

http://i53.tinypic.com/9uwxhl.png

anyway, it's not only upside-down it also always changes from upside-down to the right side and doesnt go away to do "100% loading"-screen..
i hope somebody can help.

Have you tried running the client in other graphics resolutions? If so, please do the following to assist me in diagnosing the problem:
  • In CrossOver Games, choose "programs", "run command" from the main menu.
  • Choose the bottle containing your IRO installation.
  • Press "browse".
  • Navigate to your client folder, then choose the file Ragexe.exe.
  • Append " 1rag1" to the contents of the "command" field (including the space).
  • Expand the "debug options" section if it's collapsed.
  • Tick (check) "create log file".
  • Press "run".
  • Save the log file somewhere where you won't lose it, such as your desktop.
  • Use the client as normal until it freezes.
  • Upload the log file to a file sharing service such as Wikisend.
  • Include the address of the uploaded log file in a reply to this post.

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#49 Matche

Matche

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

Have you tried running the client in other graphics resolutions? If so, please follow these instructions to assist me in diagnosing the problem:

• Choose â??programsâ??, â??run commandâ?? from the main menu.
  • Choose the bottle containing your IRO installation.
  • Press â??browseâ??.
  • Navigate to your client folder and choose the file Ragexe.exe.
  • Append â?? 1rag1â?? to the contents of the â??commandâ?? field (including the preceding space).
  • Expand the â??debug optionsâ?? section if it's collapsed.
  • Tick (check) â??create log fileâ??.
  • Press â??runâ??.
  • Save the log file somewhere where you won't lose it, such as your desktop.
  • Use the client as normal until it freezes.
  • Upload the log file to a file sharing service such as Wikisend.
  • Reply to this post with the address of your uploaded log file.

ok, i hope i have done it right..

http://wikisend.com/...10/newlog.cxlog

#50 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:14 AM

ok, i hope i have done it right..

http://wikisend.com/...10/newlog.cxlog

You missed step 5. Try again! :)

The "run command" window should resemble this picture:

Posted Image

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users