[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 20 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#476 Chewassassin

Chewassassin

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Hey all i am having this issue with the patch, it says "failed to get 2011-5-8data_gm.gpf file". Anyone know how to fix this? :(

#477 4361160820040850167

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:01 PM

Hello, 

I suffered from this problem...

The program Ragnarok.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close......

My Crossover version:151

My OS X :10.11.6

Please help me T_T

#478 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hello, 

I suffered from this problem...

The program Ragnarok.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close......

My Crossover version:151
My OS X :10.11.6

Please help me T_T

Firstly, you should update CrossOver to its latest version (15.2.0). To do so, choose CrossOver → Check for updates… from the menubar.

Secondly, try reopening the client several times until the update process finishes successfully.

#479 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

any better way to play iro on mac other than crossover ?

my mac keep freezing occassionally even with /effect off.  

#480 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

any better way to play iro on mac other than crossover ?

my mac keep freezing occassionally even with /effect off.

I've been experiencing the same problem on my 15″, late-2013 MacBook Pro. I suspect that the RO client's archaic programming is triggering an obscure bug in Intel's GPU driver (which is an immutable component of macOS). I've reported the problem to Apple, but I'm not confident that they will fix it. :mellow:

You can reduce the chance of the problem occurring by doing the following:
  • Avoid opening multiple clients.
  • Avoid closing the client. (When you need to take a break, return to the character selection screen.)
  • Avoid closing other applications.
  • Avoid opening menus. (Use keyboard shortcuts instead.)
  • Enable the Reduce transparency option in the AccessibilityDisplay section of System Preferences.
  • Use Chrome instead of Safari.
In my opinion, the only viable alternative to CrossOver is Boot Camp.

Sadly, I think it's best to avoid playing RO until the developers update the client's graphics engine, which is many years overdue. In its current state, the client is barely usable even on Windows because it has been severely neglected by the developers.

Edited by Axylus, 28 January 2017 - 06:44 PM.

#481 SakuraBaoBao

SakuraBaoBao

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

Hi Axylus, I am using Wineskin and followed all your steps, however, when I try to run it, I get the following message:

The program ClassicRo.exe has encountered a serious problem and need to close....

I am using the latest version of Wineskin, my mac is OS X EI Capitan

Thank you for your help. :)

#482 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

Hi Axylus, I am using Wineskin and followed all your steps, however, when I try to run it, I get the following message:
The program ClassicRo.exe has encountered a serious problem and need to close....

I am using the latest version of Wineskin, my mac is OS X EI Capitan

Thank you for your help. :)

Try reinstalling the client using Wine. I no longer recommend using Wineskin because it's too unreliable.

Edited by Axylus, 21 February 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#483 OliveOyl

OliveOyl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

EDIT: SOLVED! Sorry for the trouble!

Hi :)

So... I was running renewal on wine just fine until today I got this GE and could not run it again. Any ideas? :(

2rxu1r5.png

Edit:

solved. apparently it hadn't patched properly. Had to reinstall and patch it again. It's working now! 

Tried installing it with crossover and got this error during the installation:

14cy4g8.jpg

not sure what to do now T-T

Edited by OliveOyl, 11 March 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#484 xBLackGokux

xBLackGokux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hi, I just updated the last version 16.2 of crossover, and suddenly I cant run ragnarok exe. when I click Play it appears a text that says Gm™ error handler and crash the window, does anyone have the same problem since the last update of crossover? I use a Macbook Pro MacOs sierra, please help I cant play anymore :(

#485 xBLackGokux

xBLackGokux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Hi I just update the last version of crossover is 16.2, suddenly I cant run the game, as soon I click Play it opens the windows and crashes and the windows stay all black and appears this:

Unexpected program error ocurred !!!
Ragnarok will be shutdown because of unexpected program error. Please report these errors to Gravity or Game Master.

build date: Mar 6 2017
build time: 19:13:38
C:/Gravity/Ragnarok Online/Ragexe.20170327161556.dmp

I submit a ticket at warpportal but the reply to me that they doesnt support ragnarok to run in Mac. 

please help! :(

#486 xBLackGokux

xBLackGokux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Btw I already reinstall 3 times the game from the last version of the ragnarok official page and still have the same error when I want to star the game 

:(

#487 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Btw I already reinstall 3 times the game from the last version of the ragnarok official page and still have the same error when I want to star the game 
:(

What is the error message?

If the client crashes immediately after its window is displayed, then try using CrossOver 16.1.0 instead of the latest version (16.2.0).

#488 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hey, I've been trying to install iRO on my MacBook Pro 13" late 2015 laptop running OSX 10.11.6 via the Wine method but I'm running into the issue where, at Step 7 on the guide after copying the selection into Wine Staging there is no popup prompting me to install Wine Gecko.

What happens is after I cancel the popup prompting me to install Wine Mono, the next window that appears is an installer for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (which I do install) and then the iRO installer afterward (which I also install).

The process finishes once iRO is installed, and then when I navigate to the installation folder and attempt to open Ragnarok.exe, I see the Wine Staging icon appear on the dock as if it is open, but nothing actually opens on screen. At this point if I shift focus to another window Wine Staging appears to close.

#489 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hey, I've been trying to install iRO on my MacBook Pro 13" late 2015 laptop running OSX 10.11.6 via the Wine method but I'm running into the issue where, at Step 7 on the guide after copying the selection into Wine Staging there is no popup prompting me to install Wine Gecko.

If you aren't prompted to install Wine Gecko, then try the following:
  • Open Terminal.
  • Enter the following:

mv "${HOME}/.cache/wine" "${HOME}/.Trash/wine-$(date +%s)"

What happens is after I cancel the popup prompting me to install Wine Mono, the next window that appears is an installer for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (which I do install) and then the iRO installer afterward (which I also install).

The process finishes once iRO is installed, and then when I navigate to the installation folder and attempt to open Ragnarok.exe, I see the Wine Staging icon appear on the dock as if it is open, but nothing actually opens on screen. At this point if I shift focus to another window Wine Staging appears to close.

It seems that Wine Staging 2.7 contains a bug that prevents the Visual C++ 2008 RTL from being installed properly. Try the following:
  • In Terminal, close any and all open windows.
  • Install Wine Staging 2.6. (It isn't necessary to uninstall the version of Wine Staging that is currently installed.)
  • Open Wine Staging.
  • Enter the following:

wine uninstaller --remove {9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F} && \
    curl -Ls -o winetricks http://winetricks.org/winetricks && \
    sh winetricks --force vcrun2008 2> /dev/null && \
    rm winetricks
  • Complete the installation procedure.

Edited by Axylus, 09 May 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#490 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

It seems that Wine Staging 2.7 contains a bug that prevents the Visual C++ 2008 RTL from being installed properly. Try the following:

• In Terminal, close any and all open windows.
  • Install Wine Staging 2.6. (It isn't necessary to uninstall the version of Wine Staging that is currently installed.)
  • Open Wine Staging.
  • Enter the following:

curl -Ls -o winetricks http://winetricks.org/winetricks && \
    sh winetricks vcrun2008 2> /dev/null && \
    rm winetricks
  • Complete the installation procedure.

By 'complete the installation procedure' do you mean also entering the last three lines in Step 7 of the guide?

Following the guide using Wine Staging 2.6 instead of 2.7 does allow me to install Wine Gecko and the installation processes proceed as expected.

However, when I attempt to open Ragnarok.exe a prompt appears asking me to install Wine Mono. Regardless of which option I select nothing else seems to happen afterward (the same outcome as before).

#491 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

By 'complete the installation procedure' do you mean also entering the last three lines in Step 7 of the guide?

Following the guide using Wine Staging 2.6 instead of 2.7 does allow me to install Wine Gecko and the installation processes proceed as expected.

However, when I attempt to open Ragnarok.exe a prompt appears asking me to install Wine Mono. Regardless of which option I select nothing else seems to happen afterward (the same outcome as before).

Oops, I made an error in the command. Please try following steps 3–5 of the revised instructions in my previous post. :)

When you enter the command on step 4, the installer for the Visual C++ 2008 RTL should be opened. Once you've completed the installation procedure, you should be able to use the IRO client.

#492 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

That did it, thanks!

#493 diegoshefa

diegoshefa

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

i tried to download ro via crossover and i keep getting this everytime i run the program

bXKJbh5.png

Edited by diegoshefa, 14 June 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#494 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

i tried to download ro via crossover and i keep getting this everytime i run the program

[…]

Please read the first note in Installation: Installing the client.

#495 katowi

katowi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

bXKJbh5.png

I ve got the same problem few days ago.

Earlier that works fine from the same bottle as now

tried to remake bottle from archived (archive was done when everything worked fine) - the same.

Any ideas?

#496 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

I ve got the same problem few days ago.

Earlier that works fine from the same bottle as now

tried to remake bottle from archived (archive was done when everything worked fine) - the same.

Any ideas?

Which version of CrossOver are you using?

#497 katowi

katowi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

As i suggest, there was no crossover updates from last day, when RO worked fine.

CrossOver version is 16.2.0.30219

#498 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

As i suggest, there was no crossover updates from last day, when RO worked fine.

CrossOver version is 16.2.0.30219

You must use version 16.1.0 of CrossOver because the latest version (16.2.0) is incompatible with the Ragnarök Online client.

#499 da666er

da666er

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Re : Start

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

I have a Problem with Crossover, everytime I lock my mac I get a disconnect so It is not possible to sell via vending...

Any solutions or tips?

Edit: Crossover 15.1.

Edited by da666er, 17 August 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#500 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

I have a Problem with Crossover, everytime I lock my mac I get a disconnect so It is not possible to sell via vending...

Any solutions or tips?

Edit: Crossover 15.1.

How exactly do you lock your Mac?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users