[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 22 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#526 Claiwy

Claiwy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

Have you tried using Wine? I've found that it's far more reliable than Wineskin.

Thank you so much! i found your new guide and it was really helpful! i am able to play now! Many thanks!!

#527 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

No. If it was necessary to install Wine first, then I would have indicated that in the instructions. Where is the trust? ;)

Start from step 1 of Installation. The installation script (wine-application-installer.sh) will automatically use the path that you write to the (hidden) file ~/.bashrc.

If you move (not copy) Wine onto an external volume, then it should function exactly as it would if it was located on your Mac's system volume ("Macintosh HD"), except that it won't be visible in Launchpad or Spotlight. Most macOS applications are self-contained packages that can be manipulated in the same manner as normal files.

hey thanks for the info. i've been busy so i haven't tried this yet. i'll make use of it once i find the time. thanks again.

#528 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

hey thanks for the info. i've been busy so i haven't tried this yet. i'll make use of it once i find the time. thanks again.

You're welcome. :)

#529 ianmaru

ianmaru

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

hello! I'm currently having the black screen problem right after clicking 'play' button on the patcher.

I've followed your installation guide using crossover, and apparently everything went smoothly, I also had no problem patching, but then when I clicked the 'play' button after it's done patching, it's just black screen with the bgm on. Yea I can hear the music but can't see anything.

I've tried to change the resolutions and graphic driver settings, doesn't work. I've tried both windowed & fullscreen, nothing worked.

Oh btw is it weird that I can't find 'Direct3D T&L HAL' on the dropdown list of 'graphic setting'?

please help >.<

Thanks in advance!

#530 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

hello! I'm currently having the black screen problem right after clicking 'play' button on the patcher.
I've followed your installation guide using crossover, and apparently everything went smoothly, I also had no problem patching, but then when I clicked the 'play' button after it's done patching, it's just black screen with the bgm on. Yea I can hear the music but can't see anything.
I've tried to change the resolutions and graphic driver settings, doesn't work. I've tried both windowed & fullscreen, nothing worked.
Oh btw is it weird that I can't find 'Direct3D T&L HAL' on the dropdown list of 'graphic setting'?
please help >.<
Thanks in advance!

It seems that CodeWeavers didn't update the CrossTie profile for Ragnarök Online to make it compatible with CrossOver 17.0.0. <_< I'll update the CrossTie profile myself now.

You can resolve this problem by doing the following:
  • In CrossOver, select the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online client installation.
  • Choose BottleRun command… from the menu bar.
  • Enter the following into the Command field:

reg delete HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D /v OffscreenRenderingMode /f
  • Press Run.
Edit: I've updated the CrossTie profile, and it should be approved by CodeWeavers at some point within the next few working days.

Edited by Axylus, 12 January 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#531 ianmaru

ianmaru

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

It seems that CodeWeavers didn't update the CrossTie profile for Ragnarök Online to make it compatible with CrossOver 17.0.0. <_< I'll update the CrossTie profile myself now.

You can resolve this problem by doing the following:

• In CrossOver, select the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online client installation.
  • Choose BottleRun command… from the menu bar.
  • Enter the following into the Command field:

reg delete HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D /v OffscreenRenderingMode /f
  • Press Run.
Edit: I've updated the CrossTie profile, and it should be approved by CodeWeavers at some point within the next few working days.

OH THIS WORKS LIKE A CHARM. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK REPLY!

#532 8573141002164502110

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Keep getting a

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C

runtime library incorrectly.

Please contact the application's support team for more information"

message when trying to install via cross over. Any clue why it's giving me this problem?

#533 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Keep getting a

"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C
runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"

message when trying to install via cross over. Any clue why it's giving me this problem?

Which versions of macOS and CrossOver are you using?

Are you attempting to install the IRO client?

Did you download all three of the files that comprise the installer?

Edited by Axylus, 17 January 2018 - 12:46 PM.

#534 Artoria

Artoria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

hello

i install my ro client by crossover.

but i cant open setup.exe(im playing chaos server).when i click it, it turns to install page.

please give a help. thanks

#535 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

hello

i install my ro client by crossover.

but i cant open setup.exe(im playing chaos server).when i click it, it turns to install page.

please give a help. thanks

You should open the file using the following method:
  • Choose BottleRun command… from the menubar.
  • Press Browse…, navigate to the client installation folder, and then choose the file Setup.exe.
  • Press Run.
ggFuEZ1.png

#536 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

hi, is there any way to make simplerohook :

https://forums.irowi...ic.php?f=8&t=38

works on crossover / wine client ? i've tried installing it on the same bottle, but it keep returning error 3  :p_sad:

#537 CHARMander101

CHARMander101

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLittle Root town
  • Playing:RO Valkyrie Uprising
  • Server:Asgard

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Which versions of macOS and CrossOver are you using?

Are you attempting to install the IRO client?

Did you download all three of the files that comprise the installer?

I have planned to use crossover Mac version on my iOS for emulation
I juz don't know if it works, i stop before installing CrossTie file it is a plan for now.

Edited by CHARMander101, 21 February 2018 - 03:47 PM.

#538 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

Hi, does any of the softwares support pingzapper please? I would like to use it instead of using bootcamp. Thanks

#539 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hi, does any of the softwares support pingzapper please? I would like to use it instead of using bootcamp. Thanks

No, I'm afraid not. :(

#540 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

No, I'm afraid not. :(

No worries. Let us know when it does work. I'd be glad to use it. Thanks!

#541 succexy

succexy

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hey! I'm returning from a hiatus and I'm running mac el capitan and tried wine and crossover, which worked after the differential update because before that it wouldn't get past patching. Now with both clients I'm getting this error that keeps bugging out.

Screen+Shot+2018-03-24+at+9.56.48+AM.png

Is there anything y'all can help me with so I can return to the land of RO? Been a player since 2004 it's so nostalgic for me.

#542 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hey! I'm returning from a hiatus and I'm running mac el capitan and tried wine and crossover, which worked after the differential update because before that it wouldn't get past patching. Now with both clients I'm getting this error that keeps bugging out.

[…]

Is there anything y'all can help me with so I can return to the land of RO? Been a player since 2004 it's so nostalgic for me.

I've never seen this error before. Are you using CrossOver or Wine?

#543 succexy

succexy

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

I've never seen this error before. Are you using CrossOver or Wine?

I tried it on crossover (most recent update) AND wine (the one that dl'd with the guide) and they both give me the same error. I installed according to your instructions, then did the differential update, then it patched and gave me that error.

If I didn't do the differential update, it won't let me patch and just says a serious error as occurred.

I'm confused as hell, because it'll let me log in and stuff, but I can't do anything because the pop up keeps coming up saying nil and if anyone's using heal or any other skill, it says unknown skill!! and bugs me out.

I'm thinking maybe if there's a skill list lua file I can acquire to help with this? 

I googled, searched for answered etc, seem to can't find one. I dl'd diff clients and cross referenced files, and still nothing lol.

Edited by succexy, 24 March 2018 - 05:17 PM.

#544 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

I tried it on crossover (most recent update) AND wine (the one that dl'd with the guide) and they both give me the same error. I installed according to your instructions, then did the differential update, then it patched and gave me that error.

Earlier I installed the latest version of the client (February 2017) in CrossOver, applied the differential update, and then installed the remaining updates by opening the client. I didn't encounter any errors while playing. :huh:

If I didn't do the differential update, it won't let me patch and just says a serious error as occurred.

The purpose of the differential update is to allow you to manually install the multiple, large updates that cause the updater to crash under CrossOver/Wine.

I'm confused as hell, because it'll let me log in and stuff, but I can't do anything because the pop up keeps coming up saying nil and if anyone's using heal or any other skill, it says unknown skill!! and bugs me out.

I'm thinking maybe if there's a skill list lua file I can acquire to help with this? 

I googled, searched for answered etc, seem to can't find one. I dl'd diff clients and cross referenced files, and still nothing lol.

Unfortunately, the error suggests that your client has somehow become corrupted. Please send me your Discord or Skype username via a private message so that I can help you diagnose the problem. :)

#545 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

After many hours of work, I've created a new installer for the Renewal and Classic version of the client. This installer includes all of the updates released up to 2018-03-22, and therefore makes the differential update redundant.

Please try the new installer and post your feedback. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users