[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 4 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#76 shinobi26

shinobi26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

The log reveals that a process named FunChat.exe crashed. I'm not sure why. Do you know what FunChat.exe is?

FunChat.exe is server name in Ragnarok Online Indonesia :lol:

Oh yes, i use CrossOver 9.1, i don't know what must i do for it :rofl:

Also, i've find 2 files with dll extension and put it on system32, maybe it's from it? :)

Edited by shinobi26, 10 July 2011 - 08:31 AM.

#77 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

FunChat.exe is server name in Ragnarok Online Indonesia :D

Oh yes, i use CrossOver 9.1, i don't know what must i do for it :rofl:

Also, i've find 2 files with dll extension and put it on system32, maybe it's from it? :)

You're asking me for help when you're using an old version of CrossOver Games and you didn't follow my guide? :lol: Please try installing the client by following my guide first.

#78 shinobi26

shinobi26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

You're asking me for help when you're using an old version of CrossOver Games and you didn't follow my guide? :lol: Please try installing the client by following my guide first.

Uh oh, it's Old version? :rofl:

And it's your guide right? http://unreserved.eu...ml#installation

Okay then i will try to follow download Latest Crossover Games (10 right?) and follow your guide :D
I'm sorry master :)

Edited by shinobi26, 10 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#79 shinobi26

shinobi26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

richard, i got another problem if may i know what is this talking about? ;)

Posted Image

i've follow your all guide, i've patched it too but when i wanna start to play, that error appeared :P

edit :

now i've found a new error :(

Posted Image

edit 2 :

now my problem is back to the first one, please somebody help me :D

Edited by shinobi26, 11 July 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#80 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

richard, i got another problem if may i know what is this talking about? ;)

Posted Image

i've follow your all guide, i've patched it too but when i wanna start to play, that error appeared :P

edit :

now i've found a new error :(

Posted Image

edit 2 :

now my problem is back to the first one, please somebody help me :D

I think this error is caused by GameGuard failing to initialise because it's incompatible with CrossOver Games. Do you know if the Indonesian version of RO uses GameGuard?

#81 shinobi26

shinobi26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

I think this error is caused by GameGuard failing to initialise because it's incompatible with CrossOver Games. Do you know if the Indonesian version of RO uses GameGuard?

No, i think it doesn't use Game Guard anymore. It use Delphine now
I'm wondering what file that not found :P

I also try to replace my Ragnarok game from my friend (he use windows) but it still "* [2] File not found"
Later i try to only copy dcfg folder and ragexe.exe and the Error message is "Could not load config file"

Maybe that's all can give you a clue? ;)

#82 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Does anyone know how to fix setup.exe not having any options for screensize in the drop down menu?
Strangely I think I had the same issue when I used PC, so not sure if it's just because I'm using a mac but I'm kicking myself right now.
I had RO up and running great (forgive me, I'm just using Wine to run this atm, I just got a mac/never used one before so just going with what I find easiest for me right now), I got bored and decided to mess around with Wine's config and unticked "Emulate a virtual desktop".
Now I can't get the screen size options in setup.exe to show up again. (They weren't showing up when I first installed it, I haven't a clue as to how I got them to show up after installing some dll files.)

Edit: Well I got the options to show up again somehow and RO's running fine. Probably some dumb reason as to why but if anyone knows why they keep disappearing, do tell. (Until I'm in a standing to get a better way to run RO I can deal with how wanky this is.)

Edited by ikeren, 11 September 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#83 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Does anyone know how to fix setup.exe not having any options for screensize in the drop down menu?
Strangely I think I had the same issue when I used PC, so not sure if it's just because I'm using a mac but I'm kicking myself right now.
I had RO up and running great (forgive me, I'm just using Wine to run this atm, I just got a mac/never used one before so just going with what I find easiest for me right now), I got bored and decided to mess around with Wine's config and unticked "Emulate a virtual desktop".
Now I can't get the screen size options in setup.exe to show up again. (They weren't showing up when I first installed it, I haven't a clue as to how I got them to show up after installing some dll files.)

Edit: Well I got the options to show up again somehow and RO's running fine. Probably some dumb reason as to why but if anyone knows why they keep disappearing, do tell. (Until I'm in a standing to get a better way to run RO I can deal with how wanky this is.)

I tried running the client under WineBottler and experienced the same problem. Which Wine distribution are you using? (That reminds me: I should try Wineskin sometime.)

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#84 654370403

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

I scanned everything here and didn't see anything relating to my problem, so I'm sorry if I missed it and this is redundant!

I followed the guide and installed everything correctly (Mac OS X and Crossover Games 10), but when I go to connect I get a "failed to connect to server". My Windows-owning roommate, on the same internet connection, can connect and play with no problem, and according to the site of the server I'm playing on, all their servers are up and running. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by 654370403, 21 October 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#85 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I scanned everything here and didn't see anything relating to my problem, so I'm sorry if I missed it and this is redundant!

I followed the guide and installed everything correctly (Mac OS X and Crossover Games 10), but when I go to connect I get a "failed to connect to server". My Windows-owning roommate, on the same internet connection, can connect and play with no problem, and according to the site of the server I'm playing on, all their servers are up and running. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Are you trying to play on an unofficial server? I can't help you with that.

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#86 cil2cle

cil2cle

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

I got into the part where I can choose my character but then it stop me from loading into the map. The loading bar reaches 100% and it stuck there! Can someone help me ;)

#87 Seyani

Seyani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hi!

I've followed your guide and installed RO .. It patched and everything and I could finish the installation..
Only when I start RO the window pops up and it freezes .. It doesn't go to the login screen..

What to do?!

Help please ;-;

#88 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi!

I've followed your guide and installed RO .. It patched and everything and I could finish the installation..
Only when I start RO the window pops up and it freezes .. It doesn't go to the login screen..

What to do?!

Help please ;-;

Please do the following to assist me in diagnosing the cause of the problem:

• Open the Apple menu, hold option, then choose "System Information" or "System Profiler".
  • In System Information, select the "Graphics/Displays" category in the left pane.
  • Include (copy by typing) the entries in the "video card" column, in the top-right pane, in a reply to this post.

Posted Image

For example, the entries are "Intel HD Graphics" and "NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M" on my computer.

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#89 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

I have the exact same problem. I start the program, it patches alright, but when it launches the actual RO game it just freezes. The mouse arrow doesn't move and the application just doesn't react at all, even when trying to close it.

Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. (15 inch MBP, late 2008)

#90 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

I have the exact same problem. I start the program, it patches alright, but when it launches the actual RO game it just freezes. The mouse arrow doesn't move and the application just doesn't react at all, even when trying to close it.

Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. (15 inch MBP, late 2008)

What you've described is very interesting because this problem was believed to only affect AMD (formerly ATI) GPUs.

Please do the following to assist me in diagnosing the cause of the problem:
  • In CrossOver Games, choose "programs", "run command" from the menu bar.
  • Choose the bottle containing your Ragnarök Online installation.
  • Enter "regedit" into the "command" field, then press "run".
  • In the left pane, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D.
  • In a reply to this post, state whether or not the following entry is present in the right pane:

Name: OffscreenRenderingMode
Type: REG_SZ
Data: backbuffer

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#91 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hmm.. That's strange, I don't seem to have that 'Direct3D' folder.. Is there something I forgot to do to make this appear?
Alright, so I was guessing maybe I needed to install DirectX to the bottle.. did that, but still no Direct3D folder.

#92 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hmm.. That's strange, I don't seem to have that 'Direct3D' folder.. Is there something I forgot to do to make this appear?
Alright, so I was guessing maybe I needed to install DirectX to the bottle.. did that, but still no Direct3D folder.

Did you install the client using its CrossTie profile (step 3 of Installation: Installing the client in my guide)? If not, you can manually create the missing registry entry.

#93 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Okay, I manually created that registry entry, and I now see the OffscreenRenderingMode entry. The game still freezes immediately as before though.

#94 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Okay, I manually created that registry entry, and I now see the OffscreenRenderingMode entry. The game still freezes immediately as before though.

When the client "freezes", can you close it by pressing escape then return?

When the client "freezes", can you close it by pressing option-F4? (The "use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" option must be ticked (checked) in the "keyboard" tab of the Keyboard preference pane in System Preferences.)

Which version of Mac OS and CrossOver Games are you using?

Edited by richard, 29 January 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#95 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Nope, it doesn't close with option-F4. The only way that closes it is forcing it to quit because just closing it with the red x dot won't work.

I'm using Crossover Games 10.3 and Mac OS X Lion.

Edited by JF91, 29 January 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#96 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Nope, it doesn't close with option-F4. The only way that closes it is forcing it to quit because just closing it with the red x dot won't work.

I'm using Crossover Games 10.3 and Mac OS X Lion.

Try running the client in other graphics resolutions (use the "Setup" application). You can forcefully terminate frozen CrossOver Games processes using Task Manager:

• In CrossOver Games, choose "configure", "manage bottles" from the menu bar.
  • Select the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online installation from the list on the left.
  • Open the "control panel" tab, then double-click "Task Manager" in the list of applications.
  • Open the "processes" tab.
  • Select "ragexe.exe", then press "end process".

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#97 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hm, that doesn't seem to change anything either.
I'm not sure if this can help, but it seems like it's lagging the entire bottle, because I can't click anything in task manager either once RO is stuck.
Thanks for trying to help, by the way. I appreciate it. :P

#98 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hm, that doesn't seem to change anything either.
I'm not sure if this can help, but it seems like it's lagging the entire bottle, because I can't click anything in task manager either once RO is stuck.
Thanks for trying to help, by the way. I appreciate it. :P

That's strange. Would you let me investigate using TeamViewer?

#99 JF91

JF91

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Sure. I'll go download it.
Edit: Okay, I installed it. How does this work? Do I PM you the program's ID and pass?

Edited by JF91, 29 January 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#100 iris0701

iris0701

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hello, I downloaded Crossover Game and try to installed Ragnarok but it keep on saying:
"Your version of Windows is not supported."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users