[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 5 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#101 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hello, I downloaded Crossover Game and try to installed Ragnarok but it keep on saying:
"Your version of Windows is not supported."

Please post a screen capture.

#102 ahanitio

ahanitio

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hello,

I have followed the instructions step by step but every time I try to connect, i get the 'failed to connect to server' message.

Can someone please help me with this? I'm trying to play iRO. The servers are up and running (I have checked) and my internet is connected just fine. My firewall is also turned off.

I know I'm not a paying customer of CrossOver but if this does work I am seriously considering a purchase after the trial period expires.

Thanks!

Edited by ahanitio, 11 February 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#103 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hello,

I have followed the instructions step by step but every time I try to connect, i get the 'failed to connect to server' message.

Can someone please help me with this? I'm trying to play iRO. The servers are up and running (I have checked) and my internet is connected just fine. My firewall is also turned off.

I know I'm not a paying customer of CrossOver but if this does work I am seriously considering a purchase after the trial period expires.

Thanks!

The most probable explanation for you being unable to access the servers is that your IP address falls within one of the ranges blocked by Gravity in their attempt to mitigate the denial-of-service attack their servers have been suffering.

#104 jujitzu

jujitzu

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hello! So I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or not but I am having this issue during install.

Failed to get 2011-8-16data_gm.gpf file.

It will not go past this one I am running Mac OS 10.7, and the newest version of crossover. Any ideas? Thanks!

#105 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hello! So I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or not but I am having this issue during install.

Failed to get 2011-8-16data_gm.gpf file.

It will not go past this one I am running Mac OS 10.7, and the newest version of crossover. Any ideas? Thanks!

Either your IP address has been blocked (see my previous post), or the servers were inaccessible when you attempted to play.

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#106 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

I was following the walkthrough on how to download RO and after all the patches finish downloading there is a screen open and it freezes, like it says it would, but it does this for hours on end. suggestions? i can't seem to finish the install.

edit: The patch updater window finishes successfully, but the crossover freezes during this process. any idea how long this lasts/if something is wrong?

Edited by NagraRock, 22 February 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#107 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

I was following the walkthrough on how to download RO and after all the patches finish downloading there is a screen open and it freezes, like it says it would, but it does this for hours on end. suggestions? i can't seem to finish the install.

edit: The patch updater window finishes successfully, but the crossover freezes during this process. any idea how long this lasts/if something is wrong?

Please post a screen capture.

#108 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 5.38.41 PM

edit: sorry how do i do this

edit: think i got it. It's just stuck at this screen.

Posted Image

Edited by NagraRock, 22 February 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#109 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 5.38.41 PM

edit: sorry how do i do this

Upload the file to Imgur, copy the "BB code" (press the "copy" button adjacent to it), then paste it into a reply to this post. ;)

Edited by richard, 26 February 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#110 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image

#111 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

[…]

Have you tried closing the RO client updater?

Edit: I've added this step to the guide.

Edited by richard, 17 April 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#112 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Have you tried closing the RO client updater?

Edit: I've added this step to the guide.

thanks ;))

#113 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Sorry, having another problem, still cannot start the game. Trying to run in full screen, but the following problem occurs: I only get a black screen. I followed the walkthrough step by step and am trying to run at 1920x1080, same as my monitor. It says I cannot use image extension for some reason... anyways one was of a black screen, nothing special, other two were of the setting set properly. The 2nd is my config on CrossOver. I also went to program setup and followed that, everything looks as it should.

#114 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sorry, having another problem, still cannot start the game. Trying to run in full screen, but the following problem occurs: I only get a black screen. I followed the walkthrough step by step and am trying to run at 1920x1080, same as my monitor. It says I cannot use image extension for some reason... anyways one was of a black screen, nothing special, other two were of the setting set properly. The 2nd is my config on CrossOver. I also went to program setup and followed that, everything looks as it should.

Unfortunately, compatibility with full-screen mode is currently broken in CrossOver Games.

#115 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Okay so I have the game running now, the only problem is no sound... any ideas? Thank you so much for your help so far ;)
edit: figured it out nvm

Edited by NagraRock, 22 February 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#116 NagraRock

NagraRock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Okay so I'm trying to install RO on a macbook pro. Went through the entire installer, everything went fine. Now, however, an error window comes up every time I select a new character. The error message looks like this

http://imgur.com/Pg6kw

Any ideas? Thanks! (Sorry it wont let me post the picture directly to the thread)

#117 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Okay so I'm trying to install RO on a macbook pro. Went through the entire installer, everything went fine. Now, however, an error window comes up every time I select a new character. The error message looks like this

http://imgur.com/Pg6kw

Any ideas? Thanks! (Sorry it wont let me post the picture directly to the thread)

Unfortunately, I don't know what causes this problem. RO isn't officially supported by CodeWeavers and therefore isn't guaranteed to run on every computer, or even at all. There are only two things that you can try:

• Run the client in other graphics resolutions.
  • Tinker with the bottle's Direct3D configuration.
To forcefully terminate the client when it's frozen:
  • In CrossOver Games, choose "configure", "manage bottles" from the menu bar.
  • Select the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online installation from the list on the left.
  • Open the "control panel" tab, then double-click "Task Manager" in the list of applications.
  • Open the "processes" tab.
  • Select "ragexe.exe", then press "end process".

It's possible that this problem will be fixed in the next major version of CrossOver, which will be released soon. Otherwise, you'll have to play RO in a virtual machine on the MacBook Pro.

Edited by richard, 25 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#118 shinobi26

shinobi26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hi richard, i've got a problem when i press command+tab

The client was suddenly blank and can't played anymore (i must restart it in order to play again). Perhaps you have an solution for this problem? -_-

Anyway Thanks :(

#119 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hi richard, i've got a problem when i press command+tab

The client was suddenly blank and can't played anymore (i must restart it in order to play again). Perhaps you have an solution for this problem? -_-

Anyway Thanks :(

I've never heard of this problem before.

Which version of CrossOver Games are you using? Which version of RO are you trying to play? Does the problem occur when all third-party (non-Apple) software is closed or disabled?

#120 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Something I just figured out to improve performance. If the game lags a bit every time a character comes onto the screen, and more so with more characters, ie South Prontera and inside Prontera can make it lag for several seconds. Make the _tempEmblem folder read-only. No body will have guild icons anymore, but the game will run a lot better. Another solution would be to upgrade to a solid-state hard drive.

#121 dekodeko

dekodeko

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

hi i am very newbie at this,
and have no idea what i am doing .. lol
i am in the step of installing via CROSSTIE ... did i have to provide the installer RO file 1st? or crossover already have everything? because when i press install, always go to the "will install from? " section ..

do u have the link of download of that RO file? and what should i provide?

FYI i already download this "http://thepiratebay....t[kRO___RagRE]"

thank u very much

Edited by dekodeko, 24 March 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#122 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

hi i am very newbie at this,
and have no idea what i am doing .. lol
i am in the step of installing via CROSSTIE ... did i have to provide the installer RO file 1st? or crossover already have everything? because when i press install, always go to the "will install from? " section ..

do u have the link of download of that RO file? and what should i provide?

FYI i already download this "http://thepiratebay....t[kRO___RagRE]"

thank u very much

Which server do you wish to play on — IRO? I can't help you play on unofficial servers.

#123 dekodeko

dekodeko

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Which server do you wish to play on — IRO? I can't help you play on unofficial servers.

hi richard thanks for answer ,
now its all fixed i already patch all the requirments ,
a RO windows opened and come into step :
LOGIN and PASSWORD but after that "FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER"
i didnt use gameguard and while i check the site is work perfectly, maybe mac cant acces the IP? already try the other unoficial and official one but always give me the same result.

this is the pic :
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by dekodeko, 27 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#124 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

hi richard thanks for answer ,
now its all fixed i already patch all the requirments ,
a RO windows opened and come into step :
LOGIN and PASSWORD but after that "FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER"
i didnt use gameguard and while i check the site is work perfectly, maybe mac cant acces the IP? already try the other unoficial and official one but always give me the same result.

this is the pic

[…]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Which official server did you attempt to play on?

#125 himself42

himself42

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi Richard :-)

I have the same problem as xShiek had, and that is the stuck CrossOver installer (can't start the patcher). I would like to ask you, if there has been any solution to this integrated Intel GPU problem? I would really appreciate your help :-) pic related - my problem

Posted Image

Thank you very much in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users