[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 7 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#151 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

I FARKING LOVE YOU BRUH. YOU'RE SOLUTION SAVED ME.

Haha, you're welcome! :lol:

#152 x4ndiz

x4ndiz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

axylus,can u fix this problem??pleasee..i've send pm to u

#153 kaite2

kaite2

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

I can't test the following procedure because I don't have a Lowerping account. :)

• Open Proxifier.
  • From the main menu, choose "options", "proxy settings".
  • Press "add".
  • Enter the following information:

Address: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 1080
    Protocol: SOCKS, version 5
  • Press "OK" twice.
  • From the main menu, choose "options", "proxification rules".
  • Choose "process only the following".
  • Untick (uncheck) the rule named "Loopback".
  • Press "add".
  • Enter a descriptive name for the rule, such as "RO".
  • Press "browse".
  • Locate and choose CrossOver Games.
  • Enter "4500 6900" in the "port range" field.
  • Press "OK" twice.
  • Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities).
  • Enter the following command:

ssh -p 3421 -D 1080 username@server

Replace "username" with your Lowerping username, and "server" with your Lowerping server.

When you want to play RO, open Proxifier, open Terminal, then repeat the last step of the preceding instructions.

Hello, i'm a big fan of you for helping up the mac users to play RO! Okay I need your help now, I'm trying to bypass a university vpn as my room doesnt have a private wifi and we are using the uni's. Can u help me on how to use proxifier? I dont use lowerping, and i'm using the wineskin wrapper RO (NOT crossover). Thanks in advance!

#154 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hello, i'm a big fan of you for helping up the mac users to play RO! Okay I need your help now, I'm trying to bypass a university vpn as my room doesnt have a private wifi and we are using the uni's. Can u help me on how to use proxifier? I dont use lowerping, and i'm using the wineskin wrapper RO (NOT crossover). Thanks in advance!

I've never used Proxifier for anything other than to write those instructions, but I could probably configure it for you using screen sharing software such as Messages/iChat or TeamViewer. You'll need access to a proxy server, which you'll probably have to pay for unless you have some generous and geeky friends. :)

Edited by Axylus, 30 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#155 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

CodeWeavers will be giving CrossOver away for free, with 12 months of support and updates, on 31 October!

Edited by Axylus, 29 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#156 toffeeblack

toffeeblack

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

i installed my ragnarok thru the .exe file while using crossover and the client for downloading the whole game opened. It downloaded well but when i'm going to run it, the icon appeared and vanished in an instant. I tried what you said that I need to download the replicated version of msvcrt but it still doesnt open i get a "Comman 53 Error
btw, i have crossover games 10.1.2

#157 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

i installed my ragnarok thru the .exe file while using crossover and the client for downloading the whole game opened. It downloaded well but when i'm going to run it, the icon appeared and vanished in an instant. I tried what you said that I need to download the replicated version of msvcrt but it still doesnt open i get a "Comman 53 Error
btw, i have crossover games 10.1.2

Please state the exact file name of the installer you used, and the exact error message that is presented. Additionally, please upgrade to the latest version of CrossOver (11.3.0) if possible. (To upgrade to the latest version of CrossOver, make CrossOver the active application, and then choose "check for updates…" from the application menu.)

#158 toffeeblack

toffeeblack

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

RagnarokOnline_PortMalaya.exe is the name

#159 toffeeblack

toffeeblack

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Please state the exact file name of the installer you used, and the exact error message that is presented. Additionally, please upgrade to the latest version of CrossOver (11.3.0) if possible. (To upgrade to the latest version of CrossOver, make CrossOver the active application, and then choose "check for updates…" from the application menu.)

After I clicked the Run in Run Command it says:
[Command results:
The command "/Users/******/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Bottle/drive_c/Program Files/Level Up Games/Ragnarok Online/valkyrie.exe" returned 53."]

#160 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

After I clicked the Run in Run Command it says:
[Command results:
The command "/Users/******/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Bottle/drive_c/Program Files/Level Up Games/Ragnarok Online/valkyrie.exe" returned 53."]

Oh, you're trying to play the Philippines version of RO? You should have said that to begin with. :P

Unfortunately, the PRO client uses GameGuard, and is therefore incompatible with CrossOver. Your only legal alternatives are to run the client in a virtual machine (using software such as Parallels), or install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp.

#161 toffeeblack

toffeeblack

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Oh, you're trying to play the Philippines version of RO? You should have said that to begin with. :P

Unfortunately, the PRO client uses GameGuard, and is therefore incompatible with CrossOver. Your only legal alternatives are to run the client in a virtual machine (using software such as Parallels), or install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Yes! im from Phils. :heh:
That's what I'm feeling you're gonna say coz I'm losing hope on this. *sigh*
Oh. well. I think I really should go for bootcamp. That was my first choice but I've found out this so I just tried. Anyways, thanks for your assistance! :thx:

#162 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

hi axylus, i'm new here,

i just downloaded RO installer on "http://kat.ph/ragnar...-t6481494.html"

i tried installing it on my 2011 mbp running lion, and i keep getting a "wine gecko installer" popup saying "wine could not find a gecko package..."

i've tried choosing cancel, but it keeps getting blank, when i click install, it started downloading, and when it's finished, it goes back to blank screen.

the thing is, my friend installed it on 2011 mbp running snow leopard, and it works perfectly.

i've noticed that this thread's main topic is installing using the crossover, but i thought maybe you or somebody here know a solution to my problem.

anyway, thanks...

#163 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

hi axylus, i'm new here,

i just downloaded RO installer on "http://kat.ph/ragnar...-t6481494.html"

i tried installing it on my 2011 mbp running lion, and i keep getting a "wine gecko installer" popup saying "wine could not find a gecko package..."

i've tried choosing cancel, but it keeps getting blank, when i click install, it started downloading, and when it's finished, it goes back to blank screen.

the thing is, my friend installed it on 2011 mbp running snow leopard, and it works perfectly.

i've noticed that this thread's main topic is installing using the crossover, but i thought maybe you or somebody here know a solution to my problem.

anyway, thanks...

Hi.

My guess is that the version of Wineskin used in BigTownSliceCake's abandoned Mac OS X distribution of the IRO client isn't fully compatible with the latest version of Lion.

I'll investigate later if I have time. :)

#164 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

well, might as well try using crossover the, haha, anyway, thank you very much for the help.

#165 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

well, might as well try using crossover the, haha, anyway, thank you very much for the help.

This is a long shot, but try the following to fix your Wineskin wrapper:

• Download the Wine Gecko 1.8 installer.
  • Control-click the Ragnarök Online application bundle in Finder, and then choose "show package contents".
  • Navigate to Contents/Frameworks.
  • Control-click the wswine.bundle and then choose "show package contents".
  • Navigate to share/wine.
  • Press command-shift-N to create a new folder, and name it gecko (its name must be lowercase).
  • Move the Wine Gecko installer file into the gecko folder.
  • Press command-up until you see the Wineskin application, and then open it.
  • Press "advanced".
  • Open the "tools" tab.
  • Press "refresh wrapper".
  • When Wineskin prompts you to install Mono, press "cancel".
  • Close Wineskin.

Edited by Axylus, 24 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#166 Kravents

Kravents

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hello there. Returning player from years ago, here. Now trying to play on a macbook pro. It seems I had no problems installing and patching the game with CrossOver, but when I try to launch the game it simply brings up a tiny white box, and nothing happens. Any ideas? No error messages or anything.

#167 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hello there. Returning player from years ago, here. Now trying to play on a macbook pro. It seems I had no problems installing and patching the game with CrossOver, but when I try to launch the game it simply brings up a tiny white box, and nothing happens. Any ideas? No error messages or anything.

This is caused by a bug in the latest version of the IRO client, not CrossOver. The easiest workaround is to configure the Renewal client's basic settings using Setup_Classic.exe:

• In CrossOver, choose "programs", "run command" from the menu bar.
  • Choose the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online client installation.
  • Press "browse", navigate to your client folder, and then choose the file Setup_Classic.exe.
  • Press "run".
  • Configure the settings according to your preferences.
  • Press "OK".

#168 Kravents

Kravents

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thank you so much :D
You said in a way previous post that full screen doesn't really work with crossover, is that still the case?

#169 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thank you so much :D
You said in a way previous post that full screen doesn't really work with crossover, is that still the case?

You're welcome. :)

Full-screen mode seems to partially work in the latest beta version of CrossOver (which unfortunately isn't publicly available) if you set the client's video resolution to match your display's native resolution. The picture only fills the area of the screen that doesn't intersect the menu bar or dock. I'm too tired to test whether the same behaviour occurs in CrossOver 11.3. :(

It's possible to use ROExt to simulate full-screen mode to an extent by configuring it to remove the client window's title bar and resize the window to fill the area of the of the screen that doesn't intersect the menu bar or dock. To do so:

• Install ROExt by completing the instructions in the Increase the mouse pointer's acceleration, allow the mouse pointer to leave the client's window, and reduce the client's CPU usage when it is inactive subsection of the Tips section of the guide.
  • Open the file in your client folder that is named dinput.ini in TextEdit.
  • Change the line "WindowLock = 0" to "WindowLock = 1".
  • Save your changes to the file.

Unfortunately, there are two disadvantages to using this method:

• The system mouse pointer isn't always hidden while the client window is active.
  • It's easy to accidentally click on the dock while playing.

Edited by Axylus, 12 March 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#170 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

axylus, thank you so much for the assistance, i really appreciate it.

i've done what you said i should do, but the wine gecko installer is still popping out.
wether i chose install or cancel, it still comes out as blank screen.

btw, is it strange that i can't even run the setup from the RO > right click > show package?

again, thank you so much for the assistance

Edited by cengloy, 17 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#171 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

axylus, thank you so much for the assistance, i really appreciate it.

i've done what you said i should do, but the wine gecko installer is still popping out.
wether i chose install or cancel, it still comes out as blank screen.

It sounds like the instructions I gave you to manually install Wine Gecko didn't work. :(

Unfortunately, I don't know what else to suggest. I tried to use Wineskin to run the IRO client myself last night, but it failed miserably. I might try again later.

Edit: I've managed to get the RO client running under Wineskin. I'll post instructions for setting it up shortly.

btw, is it strange that i can't even run the setup from the RO > right click > show package?

again, thank you so much for the assistance

I'm not sure what you mean. :unsure:

Edited by Axylus, 17 November 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#172 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

guide.png

I no longer recommend or support using Wineskin.

Edited by Axylus, 27 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#173 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

it's okay, it seems i'm a bit desperate on trying anything on RO to work, haha, ok, i'll try using your latest guide.

thank you very much, you've really done a lot, i really appreciate it

#174 cengloy

cengloy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

hi axylus, sorry to say, i give up, still can't run RO, it's been 3 days of trying, and i think it's enough, i'm now trying to use the cross over.

i can't thank you enough for guiding me, you r truly 1 awesome duse, thanks :)

#175 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

hi axylus, sorry to say, i give up, still can't run RO, it's been 3 days of trying, and i think it's enough, i'm now trying to use the cross over.

i can't thank you enough for guiding me, you r truly 1 awesome duse, thanks :)

Aww, that's a shame. What went wrong?

Haha, thanks. You're welcome! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users