[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS - Page 6 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] How to play Ragnarök Online on macOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
544 replies to this topic

#126 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi Richard :-)

I have the same problem as xShiek had, and that is the stuck CrossOver installer (can't start the patcher). I would like to ask you, if there has been any solution to this integrated Intel GPU problem? I would really appreciate your help :-) pic related - my problem

[…]

Thank you very much in advance

Please provide the address of the installer you're using so I can try it myself. :)

Edited by richard, 17 April 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#127 himself42

himself42

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Please provide the address of the installer you're using so I can try it myself. :)

Well, never mind :-) the problem somehow resolved itself after few minutes of loading. Looks like I have just been too impatient. Sorry to have bothered you - happily playing now :p_idea:

#128 schathach

schathach

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

It's known that some people just copy-pasted the whole game data to play without properly installing it in the driver. Is it possible to do that with CrossOver? Somehow I doubt it. And this means I still need to install it with CrossOver? Well, how do you open CrossTie Profile?

#129 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

It's known that some people just copy-pasted the whole game data to play without properly installing it in the driver. Is it possible to do that with CrossOver? Somehow I doubt it. And this means I still need to install it with CrossOver? Well, how do you open CrossTie Profile?

Yes, that's possible, but probably unnecessary. To do so:

• In CrossOver, choose "configure", "manage bottles" from the menu bar.
  • Press the add ("+") button under the list of bottles.
  • Name the bottle, then press "create".
  • Select the bottle you have just created.
  • Open the "applications" tab, then press "install software".
  • Expand the "Runtime Support Components" section, select "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable", then press "install".
  • Complete the installation process normally.
  • Press "done".
  • Repeat steps 5 to 8, but install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable instead.
  • Open the "advanced" tab, then press "open C: drive in Finder".
  • In the new Finder window that is opened, open the Program Files folder, then create a new folder to contain the Ragnarök Online client's files.
  • Copy the client's files into the folder that you have just created.

To add an item for the client's launcher to the "programs" menu:

• In CrossOver, choose "programs", "run command" from the menu bar.
  • Choose the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online installation.
  • Press "browse".
  • Navigate to your client folder.
  • Choose the file Ragnarok.exe.
  • Press "save command to programs menu".

(Are you impressed with my copying and pasting skills? :D)

To open the CrossTie profile, you simply follow the link attached to the text "CrossTie profile" in my guide.

Edited by richard, 16 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#130 schathach

schathach

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, I just tried it but no dice.
After saving command to programs menu, I clicked the Ragnarok.app and this message appears:

Posted Image

To be specific: I ran the program, auto-patcher showed up and patching normally, clicked "Play" and BAM!
I am using CrossOver 9.1 and Leopard (10.5). Is there any compatibility issue between CrossOver and the OSX? I never used one before >_>

Update:
I tried to run the app again, and now different message appears.
Posted Image

Edited by schathach, 16 April 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#131 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks, I just tried it but no dice.
After saving command to programs menu, I clicked the Ragnarok.app and this message appears:

[…]

To be specific: I ran the program, auto-patcher showed up and patching normally, clicked "Play" and BAM!
I am using CrossOver 9.1 and Leopard (10.5). Is there any compatibility issue between CrossOver and the OSX? I never used one before >_>

Update:
I tried to run the app again, and now different message appears.
[…]

It seems you're trying to play a version of RO that uses GameGuard, which, unfortunately, CrossOver isn't compatible with due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

You'll have to play RO in a virtual machine (using software such as Parallels) or use Boot Camp.

#132 schathach

schathach

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I see. Thanks a lot, Richard! :)
Can I assume that the issue still occurs even if I install it since it's basically same file game data?

It's weird though. I've heard that IdRO has been using Delphine instead of Game Guard. Or Delphine is Game Guard? -.-
EDIT: Never mind the last question, I just googled it and found the question is rather silly :S

Which one do you suggest? I googled some stuffs and they said that running Boot Camp will make performance slower than running Parallel. If you never experimented it before, I'll just try to ask it on other place.
:p_smile:

Edited by schathach, 17 April 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#133 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

I see. Thanks a lot, Richard! :)
Can I assume that the issue still occurs even if I install it since it's basically same file game data?

It's weird though. I've heard that IdRO has been using Delphine instead of Game Guard. Or Delphine is Game Guard? -.-
EDIT: Never mind the last question, I just googled it and found the question is rather silly :S

Which one do you suggest? I googled some stuffs and they said that running Boot Camp will make performance slower than running Parallel. If you never experimented it before, I'll just try to ask it on other place.
:p_smile:

Using a virtual machine will allow you to use Windows and Mac OS X simultaneously, but at the cost of performance. Conversely, using Boot Camp will yield the maximum performance, but you'll be forced to use Windows while playing.

RO ran well in a virtual machine on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro when I last tried it. I suggest you try using a virtual machine first. :)

Edited by richard, 17 April 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#134 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

No offense but Id rather not use ur client BigTownSliceCake. Its very possible to put in a key logger into the client. I'll stick to crossover for now

#135 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

=]

Is there a way around cmd+w and cmd+q that quit when we play on crossover

#136 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

=]

Is there a way around cmd+w and cmd+q that quit when we play on crossover

Yes. See the Common problems and their solutions section of the guide. :)

#137 ultra7

ultra7

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hello there!
Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, graphics went crazy and game freezes. I've reinstalled bottle but still the same thing.
Anyone having the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!

#138 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hello there!
Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, graphics went crazy and game freezes. I've reinstalled bottle but still the same thing.
Anyone having the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you using CrossOver or BigTownSliceCake's Wineskin wrapper?

If you are using CrossOver, then are you using the latest version (11.2)?

#139 AuronsFinest

AuronsFinest

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't think this specific error was reported.. if so I apologize, but I did read a bit and couldn't find this exact problem.

Anyway, after the latest patch I tried running classic in Crossover, and I get the following error:Posted Image

I tried reinstalling RO and classic to no avail. Other servers work great, it is just classic. I'm not sure if the error is related to the update or crossover, or a combination. I messed with the display settings and that didn't really do much.

Any ideas? Any and all help would be appreciated!

#140 Farb

Farb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

waaaaa.... i am so lost -_-u. odin my god thanks to this website i have seen just how much is there to learn, lol.
no termn in this discustion are in reach of my understanding.... ------>" -_-u"-> [heavy]

-CrossOver Games .... cross over game, wtheck is that? so i figured, software to allow a sistem run a different one's [around 4-7 seconds to rationalize this]
-RCX
-AzzyAI's graphical configurator.
-dont use the newest one? it''l give a bug with the patchs?

ugh -_-u........... hello everyone, i am deeply fixated on this matter to the abyss of glassheim -_-u. may i ask of someone to please talk to me directly by any means? please, if someone knows about this matter
i ask of anyone to guide me with thise issue of Ro since i am beggining to think i have 0 knowledge on all of this softwares and comments you have spoken here.
please.

#141 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't think this specific error was reported.. if so I apologize, but I did read a bit and couldn't find this exact problem.

Anyway, after the latest patch I tried running classic in Crossover, and I get the following error:Posted Image

I tried reinstalling RO and classic to no avail. Other servers work great, it is just classic. I'm not sure if the error is related to the update or crossover, or a combination. I messed with the display settings and that didn't really do much.

Any ideas? Any and all help would be appreciated!

See this CrossOver Support Library article.

waaaaa.... i am so lost -_-u. odin my god thanks to this website i have seen just how much is there to learn, lol.
no termn in this discustion are in reach of my understanding.... ------>" -_-u"-> [heavy]

-CrossOver Games .... cross over game, wtheck is that? so i figured, software to allow a sistem run a different one's [around 4-7 seconds to rationalize this]
-RCX
-AzzyAI's graphical configurator.
-dont use the newest one? it''l give a bug with the patchs?

ugh -_-u........... hello everyone, i am deeply fixated on this matter to the abyss of glassheim -_-u. may i ask of someone to please talk to me directly by any means? please, if someone knows about this matter
i ask of anyone to guide me with thise issue of Ro since i am beggining to think i have 0 knowledge on all of this softwares and comments you have spoken here.
please.

The only section of the guide that must be completed to play RO is Installation: Installing the client. However, I strongly recommend that you also complete the following section, Configuring your keyboard.

I've sent you a private message containing my contact details in case you're still confused. :)

Edited by Axylus, 17 August 2012 - 03:11 AM.

#142 x4ndiz

x4ndiz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

after the latest patch I tried running renewal in Crossover, and I get the following error:

http://imageshack.us...20817at746.png/

please help me to solve this error

#143 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

To solve the problem whereby the updaters crash upon opening:

• Upgrade to the latest version of CrossOver (11.2.0) if you are not already using it. (Note: CrossOver Games has been supplanted by CrossOver.)
  • Download and then extract this file.
  • In CrossOver, choose "programs", "run command" from the menu bar.
  • Choose the bottle containing your Ragnarök Online installation.
  • Enter "regedit" into the "command" field and then press "run".
  • Choose "registry", "import registry file" from Registry Editor's menu bar.
  • Enter "Y:" into the "file name" field and then press return.
  • Locate and then choose the file that you extracted in step 1 (Use replicated version of msvcrt.reg).

Edited by Axylus, 19 August 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#144 Seyani

Seyani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I tried to import the registry file, but nothing happens. I don't see if the file is imported or not. When I try to open Ragnarok it still gives me the same error : http://imageshack.us...20817at746.png/

Please help!!

#145 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

I tried to import the registry file, but nothing happens. I don't see if the file is imported or not. When I try to open Ragnarok it still gives me the same error : http://imageshack.us...20817at746.png/

Please help!!

No feedback is given when you successfully import a registry file. If you're certain that you didn't make any errors while following the instructions, then do the following:

• In CrossOver, choose "configure", "manage bottles" from the menu bar.
  • Select the bottle that contains your Ragnarök Online installation.
  • Open the "applications" tab.
  • Include the contents of the list of installed applications in a reply to this thread.

#146 Seyani

Seyani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

When I type in Y: in the file name field, you say to press return? Which key is that exactly? I just press enter on my keyboard and look up the file "Use replicated version of msvcrt.reg and then press open. Nothing really happens and the error still occurs.

When I select the bottle where my Ragnarok installation is in and the application tab, these are the following installed apps:

CrossOver HTML-motor
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 installation pack
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 installation pack
Ragnarok Online

I don't understand what is causing the error all of a sudden. It used to run normally before u.u
Tried reinstalling, patching everything, etc. Nothing works, not even Classic.

Thanks for helping~

Edited by Seyani, 17 August 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#147 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

When I type in Y: in the file name field, you say to press return? Which key is that exactly? I just press enter on my keyboard and look up the file "Use replicated version of msvcrt.reg and then press open. Nothing really happens and the error still occurs.

When I select the bottle where my Ragnarok installation is in and the application tab, these are the following installed apps:

CrossOver HTML-motor
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 installation pack
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 installation pack
Ragnarok Online

I don't understand what is causing the error all of a sudden. It used to run normally before u.u
Tried reinstalling, patching everything, etc. Nothing works, not even Classic.

Thanks for helping~

The return key is the key below the delete key (which is called "backspace" on PC keyboards), and is the key that inserts a new line in a text field. I say "return" instead of "enter" because, unlike PC keyboards, Macintosh keyboards have both a return and enter key, and they aren't always interchangeable. (The enter key is a virtual key that is activated by pressing function-return.)

I'm not sure why the problem is still occurring on your computer because you seem to have followed the instructions correctly, and have both of the required run time libraries installed in your bottle. If you would like for me to investigate using screen sharing, then send me a private message.

The cause of the problem is the updated clients that Gravity recently released, which contain multiple serious defects, as evidenced by the recent surge in activity in this section of the forum. <_<

#148 Seyani

Seyani

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

x.x Great!
Gravity is going though some changes <.<"

Thanks alot for the reply, I'll send you a PM.

Going to bed for now u.u"

#149 x4ndiz

x4ndiz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

i've send u a PM. thx

#150 Pardeep

Pardeep

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

I FARKING LOVE YOU BRUH. YOU'RE SOLUTION SAVED ME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users