• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hi, just started doing the wayfinder quest for my cleric.. took me 4 hrs and I haven't completed the whole In need supplies quest (1st batch of quests).. (still need to get 3 asper skins from hooded asper and get water from cactus)..

the problem with them is that are so few monsters and you don't get them everytime you kill them.. for example getting the asper meat and asper skins.. you would need to kill more than thrice the number or maybe more just to get them compared from just geting the proofs (12 for each type) you needed for 1st part.. you will also only get them by using certain active damage skills.. waste ur whole day meleeing them and you wud not get one.. i assure you that..

also there are so few spawns of them in a map, there are 1 or 2 spots where there is a spawn of 2 desert or hooded aspers.. and the more you stay in that area killing them, they change to stronger type of aspers which would not give the proofs.. for example: killing 4-6 hooded aspers and they wud start turning to hunter hooded aspers and assassins.. which would not yield quest items when killing them..

just think the new players doing the quest.. I could imagine how frustrated they wud be just doing this quest.. hope there are forum members who noticed this..

proposal: fill the golden rings with different type of aspers and maybe also different turtles..
increase the number of monsters spawning
and make sure there wud be 1-2 spots where monsters dont spawn as a stronger type.. for quest sake..

Edited by Xros, 21 February 2011 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

started resuming quest 32 minutes ago, 3 more asper skins to go.. got 1 in that duration.. and i noticed from my 1st 3 asper skins.. i used mana drop each on them as final blow to kill it and get proofs..

edit: 4th one 13 mins from this post.. use mana drop skill as final blow again to get it..

Edited by Xros, 21 February 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#3 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

Skill used to kill them doesn't matter. It's just luck.

#4 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

hi Gojio! maybe.. but for me i got all 5 asper skins and 5 asper meats, through using a skill as final blow.. the 1st 2 hrs were spent meleeing them.. when i can't get either 1 asper skin and 1 asper meat, i suspect its with the meleeing and so i tried using a skill for final blow and i got 2 consecutive asper meats when killing desert aspers.. well rose is weird.. :angry: im finished with it also. xD

#5 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

I alternated monsters I'd meelee. IE killing hoods then killing deserts then killing hoods etc. It seemed to work for me. The only one that bothers me is the venomous hooded aspers. It took me 1/2 hr+ to kill just one cuz I don't have offensive skills on my cleric :angry: 15 hp was the max I could ever do to it...

Edited by AlisiaMT, 22 February 2011 - 08:31 AM.

#6 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

I alternated monsters I'd meelee. IE killing hoods then killing deserts then killing hoods etc. It seemed to work for me. The only one that bothers me is the venomous hooded aspers. It took me 1/2 hr+ to kill just one cuz I don't have offensive skills on my cleric :angry: 15 hp was the max I could ever do to it...

That's because you don't have to kill it. Just throw a net at the asper and its dead. You get Nets from the NPC, what do you think they are for? Fishing? :P

#7 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

That's because you don't have to kill it. Just throw a net at the asper and its dead. You get Nets from the NPC, what do you think they are for? Fishing? :angry:

he/she is from draconis bare with him/her

#8 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

he/she is from draconis bare with him/her

STFU Chicken. Your opinion isn't wanted and it sure as hell isn't needed.

@gojio I threw all 10 of my nets and didn't catch anything with them. Therefore, as I had run out of nets, I was forced to melee them.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 22 February 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

STFU Chicken. Your opinion isn't wanted and it sure as hell isn't needed.

@gojio I threw all 10 of my nets and didn't catch anything with them. Therefore, as I had run out of nets, I was forced to melee them.

Just talk to the NPC again and he'll give you more Nets.

#10 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

That, I wasn't aware of. Oh well, it's over now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users