ThirteenthNumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTumblria
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

Harro peoples,

I started a mage and I'm thinking of making it a priest. I made a build and I need some nubby help with it :Emo_12:. (I hope the mage forums aren't dead o_o...)

http://dragonica.db....511550550505500

#2 Serafema

Serafema

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

There are some great skill guides out there. My favorite one the girl who wrote it gives what the skill does as well as a suggestion for how many points to put into it.
http://forums.iahgam...read.php?t=6821

Keep in mind, they don't have all the skills in Dragonica that we have in Dragon Saga.
*Blink = I put 1 into it to test it out, but I'm not going to keep that point there. (0/1)
Posted Image

*Multi Lightning = Again, I wanted to try this out, not going to keep the point I used. It's great if you do a lot of air combos with buster but I have a hard time doing that.... (0/1)
Posted Image

*Meteor Rush = Great if you use Meteor from Magician class a lot, I found it really helped me in Mission Maps so the monsters were knocked down while I pawned them without getting hurt. (0/1)
Posted Image

*Rain of Fire = I use this skill ALL the time, it does massive damage and is great for the bosses as well as the regular monsters. (5/5)
Posted Image

*Spark Rock = I don't have this yet, but I've heard it's awesome, I do plan on maxing it when I can. (5/5)
Posted Image

*Awakening Charge = I'm not too sure about this one yet, I haven't heard anyone's opinions or any information to make a decision either way. From what I'm getting out of the skill information I won't add anything to it unless I have lots and lots of MP and can get into a safe spot to be paralyzed for a while.
Posted Image

#3 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

There are a lot of skills in your build that I wouldn't get so here's mine:
http://irowiki.org/~...000101510000000

This build leaves you with a lot of skill points but much of it will go into your Invoker skills and level 10 skills. Most people would get diffusion cannon to level 5 as a priest then use a skill reset after the level 40 job change once they get Double Shot.

Edit: You do not need 2nd job skill "HP Restore". The above skill sim has it as a prereq for MP Transfer but that is not true.

Edited by pewpewpew, 21 February 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#4 ThirteenthNumber

ThirteenthNumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTumblria

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

There are some great skill guides out there. My favorite one the girl who wrote it gives what the skill does as well as a suggestion for how many points to put into it.
http://forums.iahgam...read.php?t=6821

Keep in mind, they don't have all the skills in Dragonica that we have in Dragon Saga.
*Blink = I put 1 into it to test it out, but I'm not going to keep that point there. (0/1)
Posted Image

*Multi Lightning = Again, I wanted to try this out, not going to keep the point I used. It's great if you do a lot of air combos with buster but I have a hard time doing that.... (0/1)
Posted Image

*Meteor Rush = Great if you use Meteor from Magician class a lot, I found it really helped me in Mission Maps so the monsters were knocked down while I pawned them without getting hurt. (0/1)
Posted Image

*Rain of Fire = I use this skill ALL the time, it does massive damage and is great for the bosses as well as the regular monsters. (5/5)
Posted Image

*Spark Rock = I don't have this yet, but I've heard it's awesome, I do plan on maxing it when I can. (5/5)
Posted Image

*Awakening Charge = I'm not too sure about this one yet, I haven't heard anyone's opinions or any information to make a decision either way. From what I'm getting out of the skill information I won't add anything to it unless I have lots and lots of MP and can get into a safe spot to be paralyzed for a while.
Posted Image

:Emo_12: Coool...I think I'm going to max meteor rush, rain of arrows, spark rock. I'm not sure about multi-lightning and blink though :s

#5 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

My input:
- Meteor does not have to be maxed (unless you going for passive, which isn't really needed at all). Usually lv3 is suffice.
- Slow Heal should be maxed. Keeps your teammates alive and replenished.
- Magic Enhancement: Nice to have at beginning levels, but totally not needed is a waste at high levels. Leave it at 1.
- Consider maxing Casting Acceleration. Your teammates could really use this buff.
- Lightning Strike: Not necessarily have to be maxed. If you have the spare SP's, then go for it. It should not be prioritized.
- Consider putting more points (or even max) in Detection. Quite a noticeable increase in damage on monsters. Besides, you only need 5SP each.
- Chain Lightning: Not really needed in PVE. Besides, it was nerfed a while ago so monsters are still able to attack you while being chained.
- Cure: Consider maxing, or more points into it.
- Perfect Seal: A really useless skill after it got nerfed. If you want it, just leave it at level 1 for utility.
- MP Transfer: Consider getting level 1. And only level 1 is needed.

Some misc. notes:
- Skills like Barbarian, Witch's Curse, and Quagmire are useful in F7 as it slows the monsters down.
- Multi-lightning is quite a useless skill, and the Meteor passive is not needed as well, really.
- Blink is more useful in PVP. Not much use in PVE, but up to you.

#6 ThirteenthNumber

ThirteenthNumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTumblria

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Should I leave out Point Buster and its skill branch? If so this would be my build

http://irowiki.org/~...551100010000000

#7 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

I tweaked it a little. Tell me what you think about this (like if you have any preferences or dislikes or something).

http://irowiki.org/~...551100010000000

Changes I made:
- Took out Blessing & Chain Lightning. Blessing at level 1 won't do much so no point in keeping (I think Striking is a better buff). And Chain Lightning at level 1 can be do without.
- Decreased Lightning Strike to level 1. There really isn't much use for this as the damage isn't particularly high. At level 1, it is still able to knock monsters down, which is probably the purpose of using this skill.
- Added the Point Buster branch (You can keep or not keep this, up to you. Preference?)
- Maxed Cure for the low CD

*Keep in mind, you can get Skill Forges to upgrade some skills if you don't have enough SP.

Edited by invazn, 21 February 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#8 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

http://irowiki.org/~...000101510000000

With the advent of f7, the base PvE skill build for priests has changed as most of your leveling is (or at least should be) in f7 defense mode. The above build lists what I consider staples that every standard priest should have unless they are specializing or using a novelty build. Also it gives you 200 points to throw around into skills in case you ever decide to pvp or something. As others have, I also encourage maxing Cure for lower cooldown. Hell, with that many spare points you can get Lightning Storm for pve as well!

Changes from Fallen's edits:
*Removed HP Restore tree
*Added Quagmire/Muddy mud
*Added Barbarian
Adjusted Striking/Staff Mastery/Detection
Removed Point Buster Tree
Added Blink

*=High importance

Most of the reasoning for my changes can be found here (http://forums.warppo...-invoker-build/). I know you're not pvp-oriented, but certain things apply, and chapter 3 has also changed quite a few things for priests. For example, the evil that is Paris has changed my opinion on Resurrection. Lots of good discussion from Fallen and Rim as well, they know their stuff.

#9 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/dssim/index.html#2_60_0_00001000150150052150150111511500530000101510000000

With the advent of f7, the base PvE skill build for priests has changed as most of your leveling is (or at least should be) in f7 defense mode. The above build lists what I consider staples that every standard priest should have unless they are specializing or using a novelty build. Also it gives you 200 points to throw around into skills in case you ever decide to pvp or something. As others have, I also encourage maxing Cure for lower cooldown. Hell, with that many spare points you can get Lightning Storm for pve as well!

Changes from Fallen's edits:
*Removed HP Restore tree
*Added Quagmire/Muddy mud
*Added Barbarian
Adjusted Striking/Staff Mastery/Detection
Removed Point Buster Tree
Added Blink

*=High importance

Most of the reasoning for my changes can be found here (http://forums.warppo...-invoker-build/). I know you're not pvp-oriented, but certain things apply, and chapter 3 has also changed quite a few things for priests. For example, the evil that is Paris has changed my opinion on Resurrection. Lots of good discussion from Fallen and Rim as well, they know their stuff.

How's this for using your 200 spare points: http://irowiki.org/~...000101510000000

I usually party with a pally.

#10 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

The following is from the perspective of a defense-oriented priest. If you're trying to go for full-assault int/CD stacking attack priest, then by all means max out Blessing and Staff Mastery. Might consider getting Blood Fever and other mp regen schtuffs to keep laying down the pain without worrying about mp for awakening.

Blessing is such a marginal increase to me that I'd rather max Witch's Curse, up Meteor Fall to 3, or invest the points into the ultimate. Leaving Frog at 2 really is useless as its very much an all-or-nothing investment. I left Detection at 1 because the mobs I generally want to debuff (bosses) are unaffected anyway, might have some marginal use in pvp, but even then I'm pretty sure it only affects base mdef (much like Blessing) so its effectiveness is limited. Though its cheap for its cost, its much better to pour those points into the things listed above, or save them for bringing your skills to higher levels (such as lvl 9/10 Slow Heal or Barbarian). Level 5 Wide Heal is also cool with CA, better than Blessing 5 by far.

Really, there's no need to spend all your points when you reach 60. If you plan to get both wraith and magnet maxed, you'll need an extra 25 sp anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users