Petition for 3x Spawn in Abyss 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Petition for 3x Spawn in Abyss 3

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hello all!

I would like to start a petition for 3x spawn in Abyss Lake 3 until we get the episode that includes the new Dungeon (Scaraba Hole).

Why am I suggesting this? Well because there are simply not enough places for a 140+ character to level! To get good exp/hour, one must be able to mob a decent amount of monsters and also be able to kill them efficiently. Unfortunately, this leaves only one place for most classes to level: Abyss Lake 3.

Now, I know that this dungeon can be considered empty at some time during the middle of the night. But unfortunately, for many players in the U.S., this is not beneficial. Even when there are just 4 people on the map, it seems to take a tad too much effort to gather a decent pile of monsters. It becomes even more difficult if the other characters leveling on the map with you are also trying to do the same (which they PROBABLY are). Mix people taking too long to mob/mobbing half the map with Eddga shoes or RG's tanking things while they slowly die, and it becomes even more of a problem.

But my mini-rant aside, I wish there were more leveling options available to me and other 140+ characters. I am leveling an Arch Bishop, and the best exp I personally get is partying a Genetic in Abyss Lake 3. I also know I am not the only one who feels this way/gets slightly irritated when others are on the same map.

Therefore, I feel it would be a good idea to keep the triple spawn in Abyss Lake 3 until more leveling options become readily available. :angry: Thank you and please post if you agree/disagree and why. I would also appreciate it if as little drama was kept out of this thread as possible (though I realize that is like asking for a million dollars to spontaneously fall from the sky).

#2 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'm all for this.

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

A Genetic? Why aren't you in bio2 if abyss is so crowded?

A +exp event benefits everyone, not just whoever can level in Abyss. So it'd be better to have maybe double exp and maybe at least double the spawn of certain popular maps (Abyss, Juperos, Magma2, Bio2). Something like that.

Leeching my AB with a Genetic in bio2 nets me around 9% per HE at 142 with this current exp event.

Edited by Sapphic, 22 February 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#4 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Abyss is nice as it is a large open map that one can walk around rather freely; also, there are no ghost attribute monsters in abyss.

Exp events are always nice but (unfortunately) they also bring out more people to level on popular maps. Less monsters for everyone, a double-edged sword.

Edit: Leeching is one thing- but I'm actually leveling with another person. :angry: I also made this post more as a general suggestion thread (that would benefit everyone).

Edited by Snewt, 22 February 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Triple spawning only one map will make sure that everyone flocks to that map. At least with double exp people have more options. Like I said, a good compromise would be +exp and +spawn, but not crazy amounts of one or the other.

You can also just kill everything but the ghosts and wing away. It's not hard. Why don't you try new things while waiting for some crazy event?

I never said you couldn't party in bio2...? My point is that you can go there with a Genetic if Abyss is just too frustrating.

Edit: Bio2 is actually better with people on the map to help get them out of those little corners. It's pretty nice.

Edited by Sapphic, 22 February 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#6 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

I'm not waiting for a crazy event, I AM leveling lol. Again, as stated previously, this was merely a suggestion. Other maps could be included as well but as I don't visit other maps I can't say how crowded they are (or are not).

#7 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

lol trust me 3x spawn is gonna attract more RGs down there

#8 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Okay fine, Kaahi is being nerfed in the not-too-distant future anyway. =p

#9 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I also know I am not the only one who feels this way/gets slightly irritated when others are on the same map.

Why do you care? I always see you down there with your Genetic friend kill-stealing me and everyone else.

The best option is instanced dungeons. Multiple instances of Abyss 3. If too many people are on one map, it sends you to another.

#10 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

I'd rather a decent turn in event.
Even if the exp sucks like 2% a run, it still breaks up the monotony of straight grinding.

#11 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Why do you care? I always see you down there with your Genetic friend kill-stealing me and everyone else.

The best option is instanced dungeons. Multiple instances of Abyss 3. If too many people are on one map, it sends you to another.

Who are you?

We don't KS on purpose.

#12 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Who are you?

We don't KS on purpose.

Does it matter? And yes, you do.

Your idea is bad. Suck it up like the rest of us.

#13 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

Nope, nope, and nope.

#14 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Okay fine, Kaahi is being nerfed in the not-too-distant future anyway. =p

It is? where did you read that? Link please O.O

On a side-note...3x spawn event are only good for parties and mob-killer...poor GXes =(

Edited by Fureedo, 22 February 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#15 Alexmon

Alexmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

no

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

If abbyss is so crowded and you care about too few options worth for leveling, wouldn't you want other maps to be more worth it instead of just focusing more and more on abby?

I'm all for more maps and dungeons, but different options. renewal leveling feels like I'm being cheated with new content that is really the same monsters than before.

#17 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, I said more maps would be nice too. I just suggested abyss as that is where I am currently leveling. I also picked 3x as that what was implemented in the past but 2x would probably be sufficient too. I'm open to suggestions- again, this was a petition (a suggestion), not a complaint thread. As such, other suggestions are more than welcome. :angry:

*Also note that I said nothing about turn-ins, merely increasing the spawn would be nice.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

3x spawns for Juperos again please.

#19 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Increase spawn in Rachel Sanctuary, Biolabs 2, New World Fields, Remove Nagas from Ping field, Turnins at Ice Titans (not as high as before), Increase Spawn at Abyss 1 and 2, increase Juperos 2 and 3 Spawn, Make MVP's give better EXP.

All much better ideas, and will fill out all the other maps.

Edited by Wiggles, 22 February 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#20 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

Increase spawn in Rachel Sanctuary, Biolabs 2, New World Fields, Remove Nagas from Ping field, Turnins at Ice Titans (not as high as before), Increase Spawn at Abyss 1 and 2, increase Juperos 2 and 3 Spawn, Make MVP's give better EXP.

All much better ideas, and will fill out all the other maps.

You forgot the Bradium Golems.

#21 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

You forgot the Bradium Golems.

I said New World Fields, that includes Bradium Golems.

#22 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

Remove Nagas <and (Insert Bradium Golem here)> from Ping field,

Edited by Wazza, 22 February 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#23 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hello all!

I would like to start a petition for 3x spawn in Abyss Lake 3 until we get the episode that includes the new Dungeon (Scaraba Hole).

Why am I suggesting this? Well because there are simply not enough places for a 140+ character to level! To get good exp/hour, one must be able to mob a decent amount of monsters and also be able to kill them efficiently. Unfortunately, this leaves only one place for most classes to level: Abyss Lake 3.

Now, I know that this dungeon can be considered empty at some time during the middle of the night. But unfortunately, for many players in the U.S., this is not beneficial. Even when there are just 4 people on the map, it seems to take a tad too much effort to gather a decent pile of monsters. It becomes even more difficult if the other characters leveling on the map with you are also trying to do the same (which they PROBABLY are). Mix people taking too long to mob/mobbing half the map with Eddga shoes or RG's tanking things while they slowly die, and it becomes even more of a problem.

But my mini-rant aside, I wish there were more leveling options available to me and other 140+ characters. I am leveling an Arch Bishop, and the best exp I personally get is partying a Genetic in Abyss Lake 3. I also know I am not the only one who feels this way/gets slightly irritated when others are on the same map.

Therefore, I feel it would be a good idea to keep the triple spawn in Abyss Lake 3 until more leveling options become readily available. :angry: Thank you and please post if you agree/disagree and why. I would also appreciate it if as little drama was kept out of this thread as possible (though I realize that is like asking for a million dollars to spontaneously fall from the sky).

Why not be satisfied with a 140+ character?

Stop complaining, there are alot better thing to complain about.

#24 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Oh I got you now. Yeh I meant increase spawn on the Bradium map, and remove those golems too. Although they aren't much of an issue because they are slow and they don't 1 shot you with Waterball, you token, you die again, like the Nagas do.

People really need to think ideas through, because the GM's read threads like this, they just read the first page and think its an awesome idea then implement it, and its utter :angry:.. then people blame them for poor decisions.

#25 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

3x spawn & 200% extra exp something specifically for AB's :angry: nuff said

130 - 150 is like..

leeching with a Gen is still quite slow

Edited by Canada, 22 February 2011 - 08:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users