BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

He's talking about blocking skills OUTSIDE castles that are being used to grief players, such as Despair Song and what not.

Really, it's amazing they even need to make these changes at all. If kRO had their things together you'd think that skills such as, I don't know, Manhole, should have been coded to not work on other players outside of WoE and PvP zones. You can't fiber lock a player outside of PvP, I'm not sure why you can Deep Sleep, Manhole, White Imprison, Despair Song, etc. etc. etc. them.

you would think so. but, here we are. event woe is fun... kind of. depends what it is, mvps every 5 seconds isnt really

#27 Saishi

Saishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Just a heads up!

150% exp/drops events end
Lunar New Year event ends
Lucky Box and boxter end

Fixing some quest issues with ayothaya
Looking into eden group errors being reported
may block some more skills outside castles.
Fixing the seal quest to at least work as designed and start gathering data for a more permanent beneficial seal quest.

Switch up which domain to attack on Yggdrasil.

And maybe, implement some sort of WoE event for Saturday.

What do you think would be good event prize for a WoE, and what type of oddity would you like to see? There aren't enough GMs to realistically hold against all of you anymore, but we can setup something before hand to be a fun attack plan for you all.

NOT saturday! weds are the :angry: boring ones

#28 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm really hoping you're planning on fixing the woe situation at some point. Right now, there are close to no benefits to sieging, it's just a pile of money spent with absolutely no zeny return. God pieces are piling up without any real way of making a god item (the regular seal roll is a joke when there are 20 people waiting for you to finish rolling the seals to steal it), treasure chests drop the same old crap it did 6 years ago and most of it just goes straight to the npc and basically pays for the supplies of half a member, and OCAs price lost 80% in a matter of a few weeks because of the deflation... however Woe cost went up by a lot. We know you have plans (which could mean anything... implemented now, in 6months, never?) but a lot of things could be implemented immediately without much effort.

1/Implement a proper way to make god items, give a token to anyone doing a seal quest, and allow access to the dwarf npc only to guild leader who have 150 tokens once the seals are done rolling, then remove the counter that prevents you from doing the quests again.
2/Change treasure chest drops, add in things like blue potion boxes, witch starsand boxes, karvo boxes etc, basically items that wont change the amount of zeny on the server but will hurt 99% of people who farm those items in game: bots.
3/Bring back some kind of WPS that will force people to fight. Removing it was probably the worst move ever... it was like saying " hey, this aspect of the game makes woe more interesting, tadaaa now its gone! deal with it!"

IF you think about it for a second this is what happens to the little zeny that forts bring into the server: Said zeny is used to buy overpriced botted goods for woe, then that zeny is sold from botters to RMT users who end up getting scammed half the time instead of spending their money in kafra shop items. Basically, the players lose, the RMTers lose and your company loses.

Ps:I will be starting a thread to discuss these issues...

Edited by fenryl, 23 February 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#29 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

^+1 gotta do something bout woe its dead as hell now. my guild dont even log on till 2nd half cause first half there isnt anyone to fight o no real goals. mainly needs to fix wednesday woe's saturday woe isnt so bad but i think we should jsut have woe 2.0 on saturdays

#30 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Pretty sure the issue with WPS was not that it made WoE interesting, it was that one major alliance was banding together to roflstomp everyone else.

When one alliance gets some 110 points and everyone else gets a whopping 8, it's not much fun. WPS just needs some tweaking to make it more interesting... The ally system has always been a rather poorly thought out part of WoE. Luckily the major guilds on Valk seem to have realized this and now fight each other for that thrill they seek.

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

Event woe; one castle, no allies, no limits, winner makes their god item.

#32 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

KvM needs fixing too. It's still got all the same bugs such as the NPC appearing as soon as you enter, getting kicked randomnly, mass disconnection, 0 vs 0 teams etc. And it'd be best if it was allowed to switch sides.

#33 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

This ^

Edited by DeltaRay, 24 February 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#34 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

Looks fun and will work till the small/midcore woe guilds QQ .. oh well, scratch that idea.

#35 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

i think the castle full of mvps is really funny (and scary also) and for prize i dont know, maybe a +1 safe upgrade on 1 item (to a limit of +9) or a safe hidden socket enchant with +3 of choosed stat on 1 armor (of course 1 of the armors the npc can enchant)

Edited by Dioznitsio, 24 February 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#36 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:47 AM

Actually since Pizzas can be ordered online now, I think offering to purchase a large single topping pizza for the winner of an event WoE would be probably the most awesome prize ever.

#37 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

I've seen some online games with a item that allows you to order a pizza -_- But this is international RO. Would need to be a company with offices in many places around the world like Pizza Hut.

#38 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

Well he did win the 150 contest and all.

#39 DrRush

DrRush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

Would be nice if you could extend the Lunar Event. I just found out about it and freaking out because I cant finish it in time -_-

#40 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

I do like some of these ideas, how about the holder Of Luina 5 at the end of WoE gets to decide what area we do our next increased spawn and turn in event? And we'll throw in a seal roll that they decide the day on (but not the time).

Unfortunately for making special time WoEs is not very easy to do Woe either happens fully or not at all. I can't have just one castle activate on Sunday at 2pm while all the others happen Saturday at normal times, it is something that is impossible to do with the game systems. We got away with it in November because we closed down all castles when woe wasn't in session, but that doesn't work normally due to getting treasure and such.

We will be kicking out the holders of Luina 5 on all servers (and switching Yggs focus over to Luina 5 from Brit 3). We will have the GM team owning Luina 5 and on Saturday open up the castle for normal entrance.

#41 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

Would be nice if you could extend the Lunar Event. I just found out about it and freaking out because I cant finish it in time -_-

I'm sorry about that Rush.

Get as far as you can in the quest before maintenance, and I'll see if we can assist.

#42 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

I do like some of these ideas, how about the holder Of Luina 5 at the end of WoE gets to decide what area we do our next increased spawn and turn in event? And we'll throw in a seal roll that they decide the day on (but not the time).

If possible could you let them pick two area's.
One lower lv one higher lv.
So everyone can actually benefit.
Chances are that they might just pick bio 2 or abyss and leaves anyone who doesn't have a 125+ character left out.

#43 DrRush

DrRush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'm sorry about that Rush.

Get as far as you can in the quest before maintenance, and I'll see if we can assist.

Okay thanks -_- ill continue collecting now ;)

#44 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

You could overload the castles with zombies ^^

Edited by Ultimate, 24 February 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#45 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

hey guys, do a ice titan event pls ^-^

or jup.. or rachel! -_-

Edited by cybernetic, 24 February 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#46 Alexmon

Alexmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

bio3 event

#47 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

bio32 event

Two. Twooooo. =D

#48 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

no point in posting here, if the big guilds try for it, just pm/bribe the guild leaders of animosity( most likely)/punishment/azure breeze/yoink or if you are on valk, valk(most likely)/rambo. no way another guild will get it if those guilds actually try

winnin guilds should auction off where to have it and make money out of it

Edited by Andini, 24 February 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#49 Opamp

Opamp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

What if the strongest guild already has all key members at 150, and choose poring to be the turn in event?

#50 Artyzzle

Artyzzle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm really hoping you're planning on fixing the woe situation at some point. Right now, there are close to no benefits to sieging, it's just a pile of money spent with absolutely no zeny return. God pieces are piling up without any real way of making a god item (the regular seal roll is a joke when there are 20 people waiting for you to finish rolling the seals to steal it), treasure chests drop the same old crap it did 6 years ago and most of it just goes straight to the npc and basically pays for the supplies of half a member, and OCAs price lost 80% in a matter of a few weeks because of the deflation... however Woe cost went up by a lot. We know you have plans (which could mean anything... implemented now, in 6months, never?) but a lot of things could be implemented immediately without much effort.

1/Implement a proper way to make god items, give a token to anyone doing a seal quest, and allow access to the dwarf npc only to guild leader who have 150 tokens once the seals are done rolling, then remove the counter that prevents you from doing the quests again.
2/Change treasure chest drops, add in things like blue potion boxes, witch starsand boxes, karvo boxes etc, basically items that wont change the amount of zeny on the server but will hurt 99% of people who farm those items in game: bots.
3/Bring back some kind of WPS that will force people to fight. Removing it was probably the worst move ever... it was like saying " hey, this aspect of the game makes woe more interesting, tadaaa now its gone! deal with it!"

You really have no idea how much work goes into coding these things. Adding new lines of code, in any language, can pop up old bugs which were forgotten, or add new ones entirely. There's LOTS of testing that needs to go in to ensure that everything is done smoothly and there's no such thing as "without much effort" when putting in new code. These ideas may SEEM simple, but depending on which language Gravity uses...it could be thousands of lines of code. In short...don't talk about things you don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users