• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 MGL001

MGL001

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

im thinking about playing this game and did some research on internet, but there was quite many links about hacks and bots for this game. so i need to know does this game crowded with gold bots, PK hackers, ID hackers etc... like any other stupid games??? if so its just waste of time and money... plz answer.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

Only thing is people spamming gold selling websites. All I've seen.

#3 DSPlayer

DSPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:40 AM

Only thing is people spamming gold selling websites. All I've seen.

But aren't you grounded?

#4 Deadlock

Deadlock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

You may have also noticed the lack of hack guard

#5 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

No one cares enough to hack this game except this one guild whose name starts with N, and previously F.

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

No one cares enough to hack this game except this one guild whose name starts with N, and previously F.

You talking bout that guild you livestreamed showing proof that the leader is looking for/making a hack? Besides your right no one cares enough.

#7 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

only bots ive seen are in HD whcich some people would argue they arent bots anyways, its kinda obvious though

#8 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

HD bots have been banned.

#9 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

HD bots aren't banned. Just saw a whole bunch last night. Same ones as before the forums went down. Their markets were jam-packed with souls too, so appears that they've been active.

#10 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

if you see a glitch in the server, there are hackers

#11 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Seriously the bots,spammers, and scammers are getting outa hand. Admins/GMs/whatever needa pay more attention and be more active. Iono if its just me but they seem to be so uninvolved and clueless on ingame problems. Im sure theyre busy doing this or updating that or something, but srsly pay more attention to the stuffs that going on ingame. Many problems/hacks/bots are known to the community and are arousing complaints yet the admins seem not to be handling it[or not enough]. After a while something major is gonna happen and the admin will finally respond with some drastic measure that end up pissing off the whole community aaaand they'll say they're doing it for our own good..

#12 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

Seriously the bots,spammers, and scammers are getting outa hand. Admins/GMs/whatever needa pay more attention and be more active. Iono if its just me but they seem to be so uninvolved and clueless on ingame problems. Im sure theyre busy doing this or updating that or something, but srsly pay more attention to the stuffs that going on ingame. Many problems/hacks/bots are known to the community and are arousing complaints yet the admins seem not to be handling it[or not enough]. After a while something major is gonna happen and the admin will finally respond with some drastic measure that end up pissing off the whole community aaaand they'll say they're doing it for our own good..

That guy who used to sell all the 10g insurance is still around....

#13 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

he moved on to buying w-coins and selling bigwheel items...aaaaaaaand watch he'll still be there for months to come.

#14 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

There are bots, but it's your responsibility as a player in the community to report them so we can keep popular farming areas like HD clear of botters.
If anyone ever tells you they've got a coin shoved in their keyboard as an invoker or monk for their x-spam, they're lying - this is impossible because you cannot rapid fire by simply holding down your x-key.
That being said, there's a hacker out there for every game that's going to try to exploit it. This game is better than most free MMOs when it comes to botters and exploitation.
Even paid for MMOs and RPGs have their exploits. Like I said, it's up to you if you want to be a positive part of the community and report people exploiting what others work hard to earn.

This brings up another issue for me, we *seriously* need to stabilize the soul market. New equips are way down in price, last listed adv 5* lava I saw was selling for 2.9k tops, which is down 1.1k from the 4k it was at just a few days ago - there's no need for us to be paying an arm and a leg for a stack of soul. Soul prices ARE down, now hovering around 150-190g per stack outside of the market but I personally feel along with others in my community that we should be back to paying 135/stack of soul. This may upset soul sellers, but it's going to be beneficial for everyone what with the massive updates heading our way - including new bone sets and more new boss equips.

#15 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

...ever heard of supply and demand? That is what the price of souls is doing now. People have excess amounts of gold because of f7 and lack of souls because people dont need to do chaos to make gold anymore.

#16 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

...ever heard of supply and demand? That is what the price of souls is doing now. People have excess amounts of gold because of f7 and lack of souls because people dont need to do chaos to make gold anymore.

No, you're right to say what you have - it makes sense for the price to go up but I don't see the point in inflating the economy over new equips. I just hope it stabilizes is all. :]

#17 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

Fun fact: Found an entire website dedicated to DS hacking, and a sister site for reverse engineering games such as DS, NP.

Also botters in HD and elsewhere flooding market with cheap crap.

We need more GM's.

#18 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

Fun fact: Found an entire website dedicated to DS hacking, and a sister site for reverse engineering games such as DS, NP.

Also botters in HD and elsewhere flooding market with cheap crap.

We need more GM's.

Go figure out how to do it and post a client without the multiclient check pls.

#19 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

IMO, fair price for souls would be around 300g/stack. Considering you only get 1 to 2.5 stacks/hr in chaos maps (depending on your equipments, computer, class, and skill), that's about the price it will take for the big farmers to consider it over other places to farm. That most ppl consider chaos farming to be the most boring and tedious way to farm doesn't help matters either.

The reason the souls are so cheap is botting. The most profitable bot that I've been tracking has an income of around 40 stacks/day (5 bots, 1 stack/hr per bot, 8 hrs per day estimate - might be higher but I'm never awake when their work hours are over). The souls are all sold for gold (and I assume the gold is then sold for $$$). That done every day for months will move the market, and the sold gold will inflate the price of whatever it's spent on (guardian gear will probably feel it the worst, since what is a gold-rich newbie who just bought gold with $$$ going to spend it on?).

The 5 star lava belts are getting very cheap in part because of a teleport hack that lets a character warp to the boss entrance. Interestingly enough, the Aram perseverance belts (similar in quality IMO, but conventional wisdom is that they're inferior) are more expensive, perhaps because the teleport hack doesn't work there?

PS: I've reported a substantial number of botters and hackers over the last few months, representing well over half of the bot 'economy.' The biggest botter is in HD right now as I'm posting this, farming on his merry way, so don't accuse me of not filing reports please.

Edited by yartrebo, 24 March 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#20 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

IMO, fair price for souls would be around 300g/stack. Considering you only get 1 to 2.5 stacks/hr in chaos maps (depending on your equipments, computer, class, and skill), that's about the price it will take for the big farmers to consider it over other places to farm. That most ppl consider chaos farming to be the most boring and tedious way to farm doesn't help matters either.

The reason the souls are so cheap is botting. The most profitable bot that I've been tracking has an income of around 40 stacks/day (5 bots, 1 stack/hr per bot, 8 hrs per day estimate - might be higher but I'm never awake when their work hours are over). The souls are all sold for gold (and I assume the gold is then sold for $). That done every day for months will move the market, and the sold gold will inflate the price of whatever it's spent on (guardian gear will probably feel it the worst, since what is a gold-rich newbie who just bought gold with $ going to spend it on?).

The 5 star lava belts are getting very cheap in part because of a teleport hack that lets a character warp to the boss entrance. Interestingly enough, the Aram perseverance belts (similar in quality IMO, but conventional wisdom is that they're inferior) are more expensive, perhaps because the teleport hack doesn't work there?

PS: I've reported a substantial number of botters and hackers over the last few months, representing well over half of the bot 'economy.' The biggest botter is in HD right now as I'm posting this, farming on his merry way, so don't accuse me of not filing reports please.

I'm not sure about you, but I certainly wouldn't pay 1kg per try to legend my weapon at a 2% success rate with the chance of getting a useful stat at maybe 10%. 0.2% chance that your 50kg worth of souls, assuming average scenario, won't go to waste.

Anyway, I don't get why this game still doesn't have anti hack protection on it.

Edited by Yurai, 24 March 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#21 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

I'm not sure about you, but I certainly wouldn't pay 1kg per try to legend my weapon at a 2% success rate with the chance of getting a useful stat at maybe 10%. 0.2% chance that your 50kg worth of souls, assuming average scenario, won't go to waste.

^ This.

#22 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

lol how did a topic on hack and bot turn into a place to complain about soulprices? Not to mention the two contradicts each other. The reason we hate bots is because they ruin the economy and cause prices to plummet..and here youre gonna go and whine about soul prices being high IN A BOT TOPIC?! Thats basically saying "NOOOOOO keep the bots!! let them farm more and more and more souls! that way the supply outdo the demands and we can get it for cheapcheap!"

My take on soul and soul prices. Soul is the hope of all newbies in making money, soul is the money sink for highlevels/veterans/wealthy, soul allows the hardworking man to be successful while forcing the wealthy man to stop holding on to his wealth AND have all legend gears. With that being said I totally agree with Yart about pricing of soul is actually LOW. Majority if the population are using advance gears. If you wanna be mister uber elitist with all legend +20 gears then pay for it. Especially the vets who has like 3-4+ sets of guardian gears and heirloom this heirloom that on chars they dont even use, now you have a reason to sell em off and overcharge the newbies. So much for "Having lots of gold doesnt even matter endgame", keep saying that everytime you spam microphone buying souls.

Edited by BigCU, 24 March 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#23 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:17 AM

Yes..i am so mad! FURIOUS so much that i go and turn a bot/hack topic into a topic about how much i am upset at soul price. Lol its 2011 now and i still see people saying "y u mad?" "u mad bro?" "y you mad though", c'mon really? Also usage of meme because you can't form a logical argument is very classy.

So.. What you're saying here is.. That instead of bringing the topic back on point, you're going to force an argument to occur over a silly meme that *you're* reacting to which, I'm sure you've noticed, brings the topic of discussion even further off point - if it ever were at all.

To answer your question as to why I brought up soul prices, I'm concered for the welfare of the server market. Bots and Hackers play into that.

Unfortunately for players like myself who weren't around to acquire Heirloom items, we have to put up with their existance. You can't afford to get caught up in what you perceive to be unfair if you want to get ahead or even catch up to some of these players you speak of. The people who played then worked for those items, and they rightfully deserve them. You can't say to players who own the old items "well, all those weeks of play you pumped out don't account for anything because this little runt over here says it's unfair" - THAT would be unfair. In time we're going to have our own set of new and improved items to gawk at just have some patience; go take a look at the new bone sets and Misty Lane Dungeon heading our way if you're feeling frustrated with what's currently available.

Soul is the single most important thing for any player on Dragon Saga, it's the lifeline for soul crafting, trade, and more importantly gets us who've max capped a reason to make another character we can go out on to farm with. If bots and hackers are taking advantage of the soul trade, and we're letting them - then there are going to be problems all over, for everyone. I think we should be focusing on fair trade and becoming more of a community wherein when a bot is spotted, players know what to do to report them accurately, or even know how to disconnect a bot just by using your friends outrageous ultimate skill. I really, sincerely, don't think that just sending a mega within the server saying "XXXXX IS BOTTING IN HD" is going to get noticed by anyone, nevertheless a GM - a mega only stays up for what, five seconds? Maybe we should focus on finding alternative ways to report bots if the help system doesn't have a plan implemented.

#24 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

Actually my initial intention was to let yall know this isnt the place to discuss soul price and then giving yall a logical explanation and my take on soul so that yall would stop talking about it. Then some immature troll wants to play the "harhar lets post an old cliche meme" game so I had to set him straight. Funny how you're not calling someone who posts a 6 inches long meme out as being offtopic yet you wanna pick on my two liner. Excuse my french but are you "ass-kissing" the vet? Not to mention youre the one who led this thread off topic in the first place and you think you have the right to turn this around on me. harharhar..

"To answer your question as to why I brought up soul prices, I'm concered for the welfare of the server market. Bots and Hackers play into that. "

You need a lesson in economics. Bots wreck economy by mass farming an item raising the supply. And if you know anything about the law of supply and demand, higher supply with constant demand=lower price. YET you go in here complaining about how HIGH soul price is. Like i said earlier making that points basically mean you're supporting the bots since they work in your favor in decreasing soul price. Understand now?

Also people such as Yart and myself and im sure many others had submitted numerous tickets. It is the GMs' slow/lack of reaction that aroused this topic. You should do more reading and studying before you reply.

#25 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Actually my initial intention was to let yall know this isnt the place to discuss soul price and then giving yall a logical explanation and my take on soul so that yall would stop talking about it. Then some immature troll wants to play the "harhar lets post an old cliche meme" game so I had to set him straight. Funny how you're not calling someone who posts a 6 inches long meme out as being offtopic yet you wanna pick on my two liner. Excuse my french but are you "ass-kissing" the vet? Not to mention youre the one who led this thread off topic in the first place and you think you have the right to turn this around on me. harharhar..

"To answer your question as to why I brought up soul prices, I'm concered for the welfare of the server market. Bots and Hackers play into that. "

You need a lesson in economics. Bots wreck economy by mass farming an item raising the supply. And if you know anything about the law of supply and demand, higher supply with constant demand=lower price. YET you go in here complaining about how HIGH soul price is. Like i said earlier making that points basically mean you're supporting the bots since they work in your favor in decreasing soul price. Understand now?

Also people such as Yart and myself and im sure many others had submitted numerous tickets. It is the GMs' slow/lack of reaction that aroused this topic. You should do more reading and studying before you reply.

Someone's still mad. It seems that you fail to notice that you brought it upon yourself with your comments directed obviously towards me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users