Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up - Page 12 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
302 replies to this topic

#276 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Well that would be true and ill be on your side on that. maybe they should expand the amoutn of items u can send via mail. like maybe 10 or so items per letter and ot 1 cause thats alot of back and forth to do X__X

#277 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

For you baby girl (Xellie)

Spoiler

But you are only focus on pointing out petty and trivial points while never reading the entire post. So I miss spell words some words and I posted a picture of my significant other as my avatar there for I have no idea what i'm talking about. If you stopped that and read you'd see that I've said several time so far:

DUAL CLIENT SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED OR MADE IN TO A VIP ITEM,BUT IF IT HAS TO BE MODIFIED TO PREVENT ABUSE AND EXPLOITS THEN IT SHOULD BEREMOVED IN ITâ??S ENTIREITY OR NOT AT ALL. THE USERS WHO WANT TO KEEP THECLIENT ARE USING REASONS WHICH CAN BE SLOVED BY BALACNING THE GAME.

So for those who canâ??t seem to follow, if you balance thegame then you wonâ??t need to dual client. But if you donâ??t balance the game THENyou will NEED to dual client.

So let me clarify since you donâ??t read:

Reasons why you dual client:

A. Dual Client to Vend â?? use the Auction House. PlayersWOULD use I, only if it was reworked which it hasnâ??t been.

B. Transferring Zeny and Items between characters - Add a Bank and Item Deposit or enable theMail System to send more than 1 equip per message and allow a user to send it to another character on the sameaccount.

C. Buff Slave, Link Slave, ect ect ect. Most ofthese class can be played but because there isnâ??t enough skill points to passaround or a normal player have problems leveling it outside of using Leeches,Merc Scrolls, Events or have to dependon â??friendsâ? or guild mates dedicated tohaving that class. They need content tomake those classes â??playableâ? rather than â??slave-ableâ?

D. Partying? Well bedsides the obvious of the game being an MMO (Massive Multilayer Online -game) they'd have to make partying more lucrative. This will stop the whole lone wolf mentality. But they'd have to make the partying worth while to actually see people play together, if they don't then people would have to solo- solo - solo unless there were apart of a decent guild or had a good network of friends, then you could go to Bios, Thors, Nameless, New World ect.- which most veteran players have done, but the newbies would more likely then not have to grind... at every things until they just quit and that's pre and post- renewal.

E. Dual Client isnâ??t necessary for game play BUT IMAKES IT A WHOLE LOT EASIER. iRO has been around longer without the use of Legal Dual/Multi Client then it has be officially implemented . Over time this has been used to compensate for the lack of actual balance with in iRO. This has and only will be a short term solution to the actual problems with the game. As the community and game moves forward, it can move WITH orWITH OUT DUAL CLIENT but this discussion should not happen until they balance the game.

People are walking away from this game every day and continue too for the past 1 ½ to 2 years now. At what point are you going to realize that? When are you going to realize that even if I post crap; for the 8months I didnâ??t play iRO or post on these forums AND players still walked away.Maybe you need to think differently, because everything you seem to be bringing to the table, only seems to be keeping the players leaving . But Iâ??m bring other ideas to the table are from other MMOâ??s which have tons of new players joining everyday and even staying for long periods of time; like what people use to do in iRO. Keeping in mind that most of what Iâ??mproposing wontâ?? work for iRO but that is never discussed, only the flaming and trolling seem to be the norm and the only recognized form of a response. But when you stop and realize that there are more people our age, are playing Yugioh right now, and the once then Dr. Tame replied â??Dude those are Kids gamesâ? you caneasily see how â??badâ? that makes iRO look be to be losing to a â??Childrenâ??s card gameâ?.

So really, if you are tired of my "bad posts" why dont you actually talk to the players who've quit this game. Not the super leet players who have more zeny and end game gear on a dead account to buy everything on the market twice over, but the ones who only have a level 7x non trans character, who only play 4 to 6 hours a week, the players who joined to looking for adventure and was turned off by what's going on. Because if you did you'd see why the numbers of active members keep falling.

#278 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Ok from here forward, lets stop the arguing and discussion about game balance being needed. Yes it is needed but this thread is about the upcoming VIP settings and what they are and what they aren't. Confusing the issue with "what is next" or what should be is not working well here.

#279 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

So we received our newest "final" build, and there are some problems with it. We are still going to do all possible to get them fixed for tomorrows maintenance.

Here are the issues that may come up.
Storage on Ymir may be 300/600 for now. It is fully intended to soon be set to 600 for normal at least. Whether more than 600 can happen with VIP on Ymir is not 100% certain at this time due to DB limitations.

Ymir sell back rates for etc items will remain at its current 100%
Valk and Yggdrasil will both be 75% normal price (this lessens the amount of zeny entering the market)

Ymir will remain at 50 seal roll requirement.
Yggdrasil/Valkyrie will be 100 seal roll requirement.

WoE on Yggdrasil will remain as it is for about a month while the population increases and levels up. Once it is sufficiently increased we will open up normal WoE.

3rd Classes on Valkyrie and Yggdrasil will require either VIP or a Reset Stone to perform.
Ymir will have open change to 3rd class for now. That may change this summer to require VIp or Reset Stone

Alchemist list will get reset next week, so start saving up those Starsands.

We will have maintenance on 4/6 from 3pm - 8pm.
We will likely also have a maintenance on Thursday at the normal time to clean up any NPC issues that may crop up during the implementation.

#280 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Spoiler

Oops sorry Heim I was typing that monolith of text when you posted.

Can you clarify the issue about if we delete chars do we have to pay to remake?

Edited by Xellie, 05 April 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#281 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

So wait, please clarify whether we need to uninstall and then reinstall our RO with a new download client? Or is that several weeks later after tomorrow's maintenance to VIP and Brasilis?

I don't want to worry about Gravity Errors while attempting to do Brasilis content.

Edited by GuardianTK, 05 April 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#282 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Ymir sell back rates for etc items will remain at its current 100%
Valk and Yggdrasil will both be 75% normal price (this lessens the amount of zeny entering the market)

Ymir will remain at 50 seal roll requirement.
Yggdrasil/Valkyrie will be 100 seal roll requirement.

Why I that I pay the accounts must have these limitations? in particular in a small server like Yggdrasil...if you make pay with the same money VIP account on the free servers you must gave the same bonus, or you need to make discount on VIP account on Free Servers.

Why the other Free servers have the things equal for all?

I think that this kind of limitations will make loose population to Yggdrasil, you can't change everything to the ppl that until now played in a particular way and that a large part of them come from Ymir so are years that they play in that way.

Then about seals roll...when Ygg will have also some Godly, you think that it will have 100 persons that will make the quest? when the actual real population are 27 persons?
On Iris we were around 700/500 persons and it was hard, in the end the population was 200 persons...and when there were the seal quests on, sometime I had to make the third seal quest with 6 and more characters...So you really thinks that the population of Ygg (without to count the bots), will grow enough to have that 100 person to make roll the seals?

Gravity should think at this kind of stuff...and watch at the past in particular to Iris that as Ygg was a small server.

Edited by Allysia, 05 April 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#283 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

I understood everything sir heim said except "seal roll requierment" I have no idea what those are... let alone what they are used for.

#284 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Seal roll requirement is the number of players required to complete each of the 4 seal quests in order to open the next seal quest / create a god item

#285 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

- Will there be a sorting option/function for storage soon?
- Will there be more items added to the kafra shop that would be worth while in buying (At lease for WoE)?
- Is there going to be a way to have Kafra Points be used to "gain VIP status" or will only WP Points be used?
- Will there be free perks to having a VIP status, kinda like how you get extra coupons or discounts from CVS?

~And what is the average cost going to look like for a month of VIP status.

#286 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

- Will there be more items added to the kafra shop that would be worth while in buying (At lease for WoE)?
- Is there going to be a way to have Kafra Points be used to "gain VIP status" or will only WP Points be used?
- Will there be free perks to having a VIP status, kinda like how you get extra coupons or discounts from CVS?

~And what is the average cost going to look like for a month of VIP status.

Why would you need a sorting option when you can simply "Search" for the items you're looking for.......?

#287 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

deteriorating population = harder for people to survive in the game = get bored and quit = iro will soon be over just like ero

this is all how the end begins.

you can't gauge if a person is multi-clienting or not ~ what if they have 3 lap tops and only connected on one network (just like in starbucks or in the office? I'm 100% sure that computers in 1 network have same IP address, coz working w/ fellows who are geek enough to be like a walking encyclopedia regarding to these kinds of things are so very informative.

oh & btw, i think u guys are goin ahead of everything. finish what you've just started before stating and creating a new idea. for instance, the game isn't balanced yet look now there's this new VIP thing. tsk tsk tsk.

it's like an ad, but not to attract people to play but rather make players quit.

#288 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Oh for the seal (god items quest) thanks for the reminder o.o i never bothered with that quest because of the chances of the whole communitity (or at least a fraction of it) will all be doing a quest like that...since it is painfully long on a satanic level of work lol. Thats why i didnt do it. I only do quests that i know i can finish (aka by checking irowiki for items needed and monsters to be defeated and check if my characters are even able...anyways LKs or any class in the swordsman branch can do every quest /80-90% in the game solo or not). Also its very annoying to see and even know that if you do a quest that there isnt a garentee that it will be removed after comepletetion. Sorry if i seem like a perfectionist (like most virgo sterotypes claim)

#289 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

Why would you need a sorting option when you can simply "Search" for the items you're looking for.......?

150+ cards in storage... and a hodge podge of nick nacks (usable and ect) and gear not including 2 merchants and 2 other accounts that are fill to the rim !_! It's not a VIP question, just a "Can we have it to make searching a bit easier?"

#290 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

I fail to get the logic behind this limitation. The amount of zeny that enters the market will be anyway inflated by bots on free access servers and they don't care in their efficiency is 75% of what it was before.

On the other hand it will piss off real players since NPC supplies (pots, gemstones, etc..) are not going to be discounted at the same ratio, actually reducing the zeny gain that they get while leveling. Getting less money from NPCing etc items if anything can make more tempting for poor players to buy zeny from bots (a good deal for them).

I don't know if it's technically feasible, but at least link it to the VIP status of the account (75% non VIP / 100% VIP).

#291 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

150+ cards in storage... and a hodge podge of nick nacks (usable and ect) and gear not including 2 merchants and 2 other accounts that are fill to the rim !_! It's not a VIP question, just a "Can we have it to make searching a bit easier?"

There's already an option to sort by alphabetical order. What more do you want?

#292 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

---Kafra is organized by type, or search if you want. Further sorting options may come but not now.
---Please give some examples of what yo uwant to see, it is something we are constantly sending requests for new items in.
---This is a possibility for future development. having an item you can buy in-game to get the VIP status would be quite useful.
---Yes the Buff NPCs and access to certain areas are perks.
- Delete character will I need to have VIP to recreate?
---If that character is on Ymir then yes. If on Open server if it is on the first 3 char slots then no; as those first 3 are available for non-VIP character creation.
- 75% value or 100% value of sell back.
---This is specifically something on Open servers, it is to lessen the amount of zeny in the game, player prices automatically adjust for zeny amounts. NPC sell prices are only an effect for consumables, which many of those consumable costs are going to come DOWN on valkyrie to be like Yggdrasil is. Making this a VIP thing doesn't work as you could just give all the stuff to 1 dude who sells it and gives you the z back. While that could be amusing, it is scam territory and ultimately would defeat the point of trying to stem the flow of zney into the game. It is highly likely that quests will begin giving zeny and items as well for VIP accounts.
- Will there be a whole new client download necessary?
--- No. There will be a patch gotten through the patcher (under 30mb) that will fully update you to be able to use this. The Valkyrie and "renewal" exes will be deprecated and not work anymore. All will launch through the Ragnarok.exe and the ragexe.exe. New client installs will just download the ~ 30mb of patches and be up and running.

#293 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hello sir heim :( i know this is out of subject but just wanted to know about this think i heard about in other posts about the release of the 2nd class super novice(or a expansion of base and job with new skills it wasnt very up front about it)but if that is the case when will the 2n class for slinger and ninja be coming soon after (i know u get tired of people asking that ._.) are there even sprites for the 2nd class super novice? mega novice or something...me and 4 friends talked about it having every skill of 2nd class and 150 jb points thuse making it over powered and the strongest class in the game....we made it up and called it a "god novice" even an lk will have trouble taking a char of that power down in pvp. It showed some skills in the other post and it was way ff than we expected...but then again it was good to nerf something of that magnitutde.

#294 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Back on topic though, party problems will never be solved by the removal of Dual client. nobody should even believe that. Hell I solo because it's easy and I don't even need a second client and usually don't even run one. RO needs more high risk high reward levelling, just my opinion.

Why nobody should believe that? Perhaps YOU do solo and don't actually multi-client (I agree with the high reward leveling too), but it would be interesting to know how many players do actually multi-client to exp solo...

#295 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

How about along with the buff NPCs etc. VIP get a few more warper NPCs? Particular ones that would be nice:

- Warp to New World from Juno. I think there is going to be an NPC that does something similar in future episodes, but only to the Tree People camp or Fairy camp. A warper to the main camp would be good.

- Warp to Pront from Veins/Rachel/Lighthalzen etc. and all those other outlying towns that have no easy access back to the more accessible towns.

#296 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

I was hoping you would re-think the 100 seal roll aproach for the open servers as the main reasoning that was spouted before f2p was: it is so much easier to rolls seals on valk, coupled with the response: if you dont like it move to premiums. These arguments dont really hold up any more in this new free to play enviroment. Please state your reasons for not making the servers equal with regards to seal rolls. What is the gm's argument/reasoning as to why they are keeping this in its gimped form?

Edited by Alicesaurus, 05 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#297 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Why nobody should believe that? Perhaps YOU do solo and don't actually multi-client (I agree with the high reward leveling too), but it would be interesting to know how many players do actually multi-client to exp solo...

For the most part it was like that pre-multiclient too. Although multiclienting makes it easier, the reward is still higher to solo.

#298 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

I was hoping you would re-think the 100 seal roll aproach for the open servers as the main reasoning that was spouted before f2p was: it is so much easier to rolls seals on valk, coupled with the response: if you dont like it move to premiums. These arguments dont really hold up any more in this new free to play enviroment. Please state your reasons for not making the servers equal with regards to seal rolls. What is the gm's argument/reasoning as to why they are keeping this in its gimped form?

I don't think of it as "gimped form". 100 is default we want to have it be 100. We also want to redo the seal quests (that discussion will reopen this Thursday after we have launched the VIP). Right now we are trying to balance our setup with not changing for change sake. It is still easier to roll on Valk as there are tons of characters there to do that.

#299 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

- 75% value or 100% value of sell back.
---This is specifically something on Open servers, it is to lessen the amount of zeny in the game, player prices automatically adjust for zeny amounts. NPC sell prices are only an effect for consumables, which many of those consumable costs are going to come DOWN on valkyrie to be like Yggdrasil is. Making this a VIP thing doesn't work as you could just give all the stuff to 1 dude who sells it and gives you the z back. While that could be amusing, it is scam territory and ultimately would defeat the point of trying to stem the flow of zney into the game. It is highly likely that quests will begin giving zeny and items as well for VIP accounts.

This will mainly affect Yggdrasil, since due to the lack of a player market, the main income comes from NPCing loot. The adjustment of the prices to the zeny availability won't really work, and the consumable prices will stay the same that is now.
On a server with a more developed market as Valkyrie the problem is maybe less evident, but I doubt that this 75% will make a positive difference due to huge flux of zeny on the server by bots.

The quests for zeny and items should be a value added, not a replacement for a loss of income.

Other F2P open server like fRO, doesn't have this kind of limitations and cope pretty well with bot and economy.

#300 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

How about along with the buff NPCs etc. VIP get a few more warper NPCs? Particular ones that would be nice:

- Warp to New World from Juno. I think there is going to be an NPC that does something similar in future episodes, but only to the Tree People camp or Fairy camp. A warper to the main camp would be good.

- Warp to Pront from Veins/Rachel/Lighthalzen etc. and all those other outlying towns that have no easy access back to the more accessible towns.

1) In the future (13.3), there will be a cat added to Eden group that will warp you to Mid Camp for a 1 time payment of 10k. Also in 13.3 and 14.1 there will be quests so you can get accessories that teleport you to the 2 new areas at either extremity (The city of El Dicastes and Mora village).

2) Premium servers already have this. We can warp from Prontera to anywhere in Midgard, including Juno, then from Juno to any of the other 2 nations.

@Heimdallr:
Will there be card limitation on Ygg too?

Though I like the idea of ingame kafra item for VIP, I hope you can price it well since we get bonus KP from converting high amounts of WPE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users