Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

I hope you all realize you just proved my point

Proved what point ?
Nerfing bonus stats doesn't only affect champs, so I don't see how this is related. So far champs have not lost much of their offensive side, they just don't run as fast.
If you are good you will get over it and still be good, if you rely on the over powerness of a class to be good then yeah when things tend to come a little back to normal it feels weird.
From what I've heard mages are gonna be pretty nice now so if they become OP (I said IF) people might start playing those instead.

Edited by Metaleux, 26 March 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#27 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

Noobi3 is the new Span.

#28 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

I agree on nerfing champ mspd. As for me I am a spear champ and before the patch i have 2.3k mspd in uw with my full set, which i think it's over power. But For them to just remove mspd from spear champ tree mastery and did not add anything in, is jut not fair for us. If they want to nerf the mspd they should have add something into it like accuracy, extra ap, or attack speed. Just to be fair since axe and sword skill tree are still the same.

#29 Noobi3

Noobi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

I agree on nerfing champ mspd. As for me I am a spear champ and before the patch i have 2.3k mspd in uw with my full set, which i think it's over power. But For them to just remove mspd from spear champ tree mastery and did not add anything in, is jut not fair for us. If they want to nerf the mspd they should have add something into it like accuracy, extra ap, or attack speed. Just to be fair since axe and sword skill tree are still the same.

yeah

#30 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

Umm , I believe mages have the highest attack power and FYI champs are short ranged

Anyways i think this is good update , champs aren't supposed to chicken out anyways .

Mage doesn't have the highest AP the only reason why it hits hard its because the skills are magic, that means you need high magic resistance defense which is like broken right now doesn't even work at all. Because if a mage attacks another mage or a cleric it wont do those high damages like you see on others because theyre INT/mdef. Unlike champ it can hit anyone at a high rate.

#31 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Champ doesnt need more ap or acc or more aspd, be glad none of that stuff got touched. Most of you guys think champ sucks now or is underpowered thats because you were too used to all the mspd which made it easy to wear an equipment but now itll take development.

You have 3 stuns, 1 mute, def down debuff 100%success, ap down 100%success, dodge down 100%success, mspd down 100%success, what else could you ask for?

Edited by iBryan, 26 March 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#32 Xros

Xros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

But For them to just remove mspd from spear champ tree mastery and did not add anything in, is jut not fair for us. If they want to nerf the mspd they should have add something into it like accuracy, extra ap, or attack speed. Just to be fair since axe and sword skill tree are still the same.

#33 sexybeast321

sexybeast321

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

They should do something to make bourgs a little more attractive to play.. Specifically gun bourgs.

#34 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Champ doesnt need more ap or acc or more aspd, be glad none of that stuff got touched. Most of you guys think champ sucks now or is underpowered thats because you were too used to all the mspd which made it easy to wear an equipment but now itll take development.

You have 3 stuns, 1 mute, def down debuff 100%success, ap down 100%success, dodge down 100%success, mspd down 100%success, what else could you ask for?

Champ is never Under power. You did not get my point that i made. My point was simply add something to spear mastery or remove sword and axe mastery so it only give 1 stat. I have never lost to a single raider 1v1. Your point was correct but if you would stop getting mad over little things and read it properly it would work out way better.

#35 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

before i quit my mage several months ago i went to dod and fought a lvl 200 champ who had barely refined lvl 140 gears on and a nice weapon. I had a whole +9-11 set of chiv and my weapon with the best gems and jewelry. He beat me. thats how overpowered champs are. this mini nerf on mspeed isnt crap compared to what should be done. I mean why should the champ be the fastest? for gods sakes think about it... it has the heaviest armor so therefore it should be the slowest. And all u champs have slightly more then the attack power of a mage, for gods sakes maybe even 4x more def, and double if not almost triple the hp of mages. almost the same exact thing compared to all the other classes. so when u come complaining about a little mspeed nerf that shouldve been done a long time ago, u needa think about what couldve been done, what should the devs have done. cus everyone except for champs think that ur class really needs to be NERFED SUPER FFING BIGTIME. at least thats my thoughts...

#36 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

They should do something to make bourgs a little more attractive to play.. Specifically gun bourgs.

bourgs have the strongest weapons- thats why a +10 gigantic cannon has 367 ap while a +10 staff etc has like 320 not that the 47 ap does that much but its nice. bourgs are probobly one of the best farming classes. gun bourgs- already happened- gun arti

#37 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

It's just really hard to balance a game. As far as I know, blizzard actually still releases patches/updates for starcraft 1 to balance out the game more. It'll never be perfect. If you change one class, the other ones will look overpowered again and the circle goes round like that. You "fix" one thing and other flaws will replace them. Although it can be done much better, they probably do the best they can.. There will always be pro and cons to any change made in the game and there will be people arguing over the slightest things for ever! HA!

#38 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

It's just really hard to balance a game. As far as I know, blizzard actually still releases patches/updates for starcraft 1 to balance out the game more. It'll never be perfect. If you change one class, the other ones will look overpowered again and the circle goes round like that. You "fix" one thing and other flaws will replace them. Although it can be done much better, they probably do the best they can.. There will always be pro and cons to any change made in the game and there will be people arguing over the slightest things for ever! HA!

Exactly, which is why balancing changes need to be made to adjust things regularly. Rather than have something blatantly messed up for a nearly a year before it gets addressed.

#39 Noobi3

Noobi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Exactly, which is why balancing changes need to be made to adjust things regularly. Rather than have something blatantly messed up for a nearly a year before it gets addressed.

Balancing changes do need to happen more often
And ive been playing my champ in UW alot recently and i decided that this nerf is actually quite good

#40 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

There is no point in ranting about it. This is what 99% of the community wants.

Champs have:

The highest Attack Power
The second highest Defense
These two are the main champ stats, and they're fine.
The second highest Accuracy I totally don't think so. Bourg\Arti, Raider\Scout have way more now.
With the right gear the second highest Attack Speed (completely false, every class with the right gear can have high aspd)
The highest Moving Speed

Other classes just benefit from having one attribute higher then other classes, while champs benefit from 4 or even 5 attributes.

No? Why everyone thinks champ is so easy? You think a (10) chiva set a 15 weapon and a few d7s are enough to be strong? Hell, if you know nothing about champ just quit this crap.

#41 Hephaestus

Hephaestus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Heart Shot, GBDW, mode and VisitorX. Raiders have always been unbalanced in some aspect. Why do you think the class gets changed so much? I came back and found out I couldn't use half the skills because they changed the weapon requirements AGAIN.

Honestly, I think the Rose developer(s) listen to this bipolar community too much and make rushed tweaks based on the community's whims without actually testing it and taking in some data first. Although, it doesn't matter much to me anymore because after around 2 months of having my account banned pending a restoration investigation they restored about 6 items (none of which are useful), and completely ignored my missing character (which they restored items for). Plenty of other free games out there that don't have the issues Rose does.

#42 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Yea, they shud give spear mastery a 10% aspd passive. And whoever thinks 10% will make them OP is just a noob.

#43 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

All this bitchin over a movement speed nerf? lol come on guys.

#44 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

No? Why everyone thinks champ is so easy? You think a (10) chiva set a 15 weapon and a few d7s are enough to be strong? Hell, if you know nothing about champ just quit this crap.

^ lololol :wub:

I exaggerated a bit to emphasize the fact that Champions are overpowered ;p

#45 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

Just think.. having an overpowered class in the game keeps things interesting.
I know that i wouldnt try to build up the under appreciated classes if it wasnt for aiming to take down the overpowered ones.

#46 SelasVic

SelasVic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

Its so dumb how everything on champs gets nerfed cause all the raiders complain. This game is now about raiders and only raiders. Everyone saying champs are OP no its the damn raiders cause tehres now so many of them that they can get whatever they want.

Your name says everything.
Champs were never overpowered in PvP. Only in wars their movementspeed was too unfair.
How can M*ra have 2.200 mspeed in full Chiva? No class can defeat a char that can attack and run w/o getting in real trouble.
As long as a Chiva-Champ can run away from a 50% precious mage you cant tell me its ballanced.

Btw for the "weak class" I am looking forward to meet you in TG - will be a pleasure to destroy you - nap.^^

#47 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

Champs complaining about the m-spd.. Hmm.. What more if they remove 10% hp , 10%-20% def, and all that % on debuffs? RageQuit?

#48 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

^ lololol -_-

I exaggerated a bit to emphasize the fact that Champions are overpowered ;p

Champs are NOT overpowered omg! Have you done UWs recently? I can kill any champ in there with mine with little to no problems. I'm not overpowered, I spent billions to build a great champion. Good raiders beat me.

#49 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

Champs complaining about the m-spd.. Hmm.. What more if they remove 10% hp , 10%-20% def, and all that % on debuffs? RageQuit?

The mspd nerf was needed, and we just gotta shut up and deal with it. I was myself suggesting a nerf weeks ago.

#50 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

Champs are not overpowered omg! Have you done UWs recently? I can kill any champ in there with mine with little to no problems. I'm not overpowered, I spent billions to build a great champion. Good raiders beat me.

With overpowered I am talking about the fact Champions can achieve things like movement speed, accuracy and attack speed beyond what they should be capable of.

I myself do not care alot since I use my champ for farming purposes. But if you look at the fact that their armor weights a ton (and those huge swords), it is pretty weird to see them attack with that speed and precision

But I am glad to see Gravity is working on balancing those issues now -_-

Edited by gEddeh, 28 March 2011 - 04:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users