#1 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

So while the forums were gone, we had 2 weeks of turn-in events.
Time to give some feedback, because it could be valuable for future Turn-In events.

level 70 - 120
Anubis (sphinx floor 4)

level 100 - 150
Dragons (gold dragons in AL3)
Rachel Sanct (Vandberk and Issila)
Removers (Biolabs 1)

So what did you guys like, dislike and would like to see changed for future turn-in events?

edit: my personal experiences

For the 100 to 150 bracket, AL3 turn-in turned out to be the best choice.
AL 3
I saw parties at AL3 24/7 and people sitting in AL2 talking and looking for parties.
Getting a party together was hard at times, but it was worth the experience.
I've made many new game friends during the 2 weeks and it got "enemies" to put aside their differences and party up. (other guilds that you usually fight in WoE)
Detardeurus kept everyone on their toes, admittedly him being dragged to the portal and then camping the portal was a real mess at times.

Rachel Sanctuary
The running back and forth between the levels got messy quite fast, with "lost time" and "lost efficiency" as a result.
For the future it might be a good idea to have 2 separate quests for this area, one for the Vanberks and one for the Issila so for example a party could take a 100 Vanberk and 200 Isilla kill count and that way "keep their efficiency" even if they decide to stay on the first floor.

Edited by Daray, 25 March 2011 - 04:09 AM.

#2 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:35 AM

anubis's was extreamly slow, to-many party's, small/unavoidable routes not enough monsters, tock at least 30-60mins per 100 kills

dragons, well the amount of people speaks for itself... its the place to be

rachel sanc... compared to dragons it was harder to mob kill large amounts. the exp was less and the map well... was annoying... (cramped super mobby allys and wide areas with no monster. (really it was the exp... just wasnt good enough) in saying that this would of been a better place from lower level players, 80+? (i think this would of been a great place if i was 85-99)

Removers: i cant really comment here, i didnt see anybody down there, hard map to mobkill... your dealing with high hp monsters and dragons was hard enough to find viable aoe killers let alone killers for biolabs!!

overall i was a little disappointed the monster gave no exp but i enjoyed it and earnt some levels along the way.

Thanks for a great event.

P.s. The eden warp was a stroke of genius

Edited by IronFist, 25 March 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#3 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:36 AM

The two week turn-in event was a golden opportunity to grab quick levels. I personally took part only in the AL3 dragon turn ins.

It was pretty mobby, which gave us quick turn-ins making the battle manuals even more efficient. The no-exp for killing dragons was interesting as it gave a chance for the parties to be more balanced and made the level gains for all classes to be fairly equal. Although it did take time to form/get parties, once you did get a successful party running, it made all the waiting totally worth it. The eden warper to the events was one of the best features of this event, making the places easier and faster to access. Also, since the dragon hat was tradeable, I could share it between my different accounts and my friends as well. The event also added a social or rather improved the interactions between different players and guilds.

Overall the event was a success (the AL3, since I only participated in that portion) and I would gladly welcome any such initiatives in the future.

Thank you for everyone involved in this event.

Edited by kiddomaddo, 25 March 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#4 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

Here is my input.

Anubis was alright as long as you had a fast aoe caster. I took some of my lower lvl guildies there on my RK 1 shotted everything and got a turn in every 10 min. So thats the trick for there is to have one aoe killer and tele around and you can get fast turn in. Next time you need to double what you put in there at least.

Bio labs was a joke. You just cant get a good kill count fast enough there. 2 reasons. First one is to many walls and hidden spots for monsters. 2nd reason there were to many bio monster not enough removers. I would not even have one there next time.

Al3 well that was the best. In my guild alone we got my self to 150 and 3 other to 150. Plus alot more into their 130 and 140 range.. Tons of parties lot of fun. As for improvement, I dont think you could, it was fine that way it was.

Sanc well what can I say it really was not good. You had to go to 2 different maps to get your kill counts. Next time up the isillas on sanc 1 to the same amount as the vanberks. Besides that it was good.

As for the no exp from the monsters I thought it was alright. The way it was aloud more people to get into parties instead of people looking for share parties. It reall opened up alot of things fot those classes that would not normally get parties there.
now soem of those like anubis you should have left in the exp and let them get more exp. The second week uped exp from dragons was good. the week before seemed kinda week but it was alright. Sanc needed more exp giving per turn in. I thought it was kinda low. didnt do a turn in in bio so I dont knwo about that one.

One more thing I want to bring up tho. Thanks GMs for finally have many different spots and lvls ranges for turn in. It gave everyone at different lvls to go where they could do a turn in. Just make a few more adjustments and it will be perfect.

#5 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

Well with tons and tons of giant fly wings anubis was the place to be for lvls 70-1xx. Since there wasn't any exp from monster to worry about we could use high lvl characters, who could 1 shot and kill count for the rest. I normaly got 2 turn ins per he bm but when I pushed it i could get 3, which includes starting bm after we already had 100 kc. I used well over 100 dollars worth of giant fly wings, thanks to several "donations" and I wont lie I soloed there and got sevarl alt accounts to 99/70 which made not having bm's to use all the more bearable. Since I was lvling 4 alt accounts it was like I was gaining 4x exp so I didn't care much about bm. But when I did use bm, odvious to say I was gaining 8x exp which is nuts lol.

#6 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

Removers was pointless due to the labs monsters and other factors mentioned.

The eden warp was a great touch.

Have separate counts for isilla and vanberks as stated... that was pointless.

AL - The best ti event but either police the kill stealing or carte blanche allow it. At least that way people know where they stand and how to behave.

#7 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

Eden Warp = Good.

No EXP = Not so good. Having the EXP on the monsters wouldn't have stopped parties as long as the party was still the most efficient way to level on the map. Forcing us into partying isn't a way to fix the system.

The Bio and Rachel turn ins were a joke. There were a lot of very good suggestions posted on the Gravity Facebook page regarding these two turn ins in particular but nothing was done to make them worthwhile. I find it pretty disheartening, personally.

#8 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

I have to disagree with you on the party thing. in the past when they left the exp on the monsters in you would see people looking for share parties and not kill count only. Alot of people would be angry when it was onyl a kill count and not share. SO this took that all away. which I think was a great idea. Just need to be better exp given on the turn ins.

#9 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

The participation in AL3 this time was significantly better than last time. Just about every job had a part in parties except for GX. Eh, even some mechs were accepted into parties as killers. 11/12 is a really good change compared to the 4/12 last time.

A heck of a lot more 150's popped up now in Valkyrie, so the experience was either too much or fine the way it was.

Removers was stupid. The original request was biolab 2 monsters with all the 1st job monsters. I see nothing wrong with that, so why was it rejected and changed into something terrible?

Anubis was pretty slow. The spawn count was just awful as there were more minorous/panasas on the map. For the most part, it wasn't worth doing unless you were 7/8x.

Isilla/Vanberk was equally stupid. You shouldn't have to force people to change maps at all. It ended up being deserted, and though Heim knew of the separate kill count feedback, he refused to change it because he actually believed it was a good design. lolol don't kid yourself next time please and actually listen to the community.

So what ended up happening was AL3 got all the players and overcrowded the map. Having lots of people participate isn't bad, but when there's 3 options and virtually everyone is choosing just 1, it really should flag as a warning that something is wrong. Even the people who were clearly not ready to enter AL3 (and pretty much screw their party over by essentially leeching) were doing AL3 instead of the more appropriate-for-their-level RS. Ideally there should have been like a 50/25/25% distribution among AL3/RS/Removers instead of the 100/0/0%.

#10 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

I feel like they should have added a soloable map with monster exp for those classes that aren't welcome to the AL/rachel sanc parties.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

Two separate turn ins for Vanberk and Isilla next time please. The exp was nice though. It couldn't compare to AL3, but it was a nice alternative if you couldn't find a party in AL3 during the event.

I'd also have to agree with Freedom's recent post about there being no exp from the turn in monsters, resulting in the elimination of those greedy "share-only" parties.

I'm sure everyone agreed Removers was the weakest link. Even Anubis offered more in terms of exp per turn in, time it took to gather one turn, in as well as the difficulty and size of the area.

@jake0619: Rachel Sanctuary was the solo exp turn in map though...And it was quite good.

What I'd like to say about AL3 has been said by everyone else already.

#12 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

As for rachel, they could increase the spawn rate of Isilla to match the rate of Vanberk. While you are at it, remove the timed spawn of such mobs. Then it should be a really good rachel 1 turn-in event.

#13 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

I loved the AL3 Turn In... It was the best turn in I've been so far.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

As for rachel, they could increase the spawn rate of Isilla to match the rate of Vanberk. While you are at it, remove the timed spawn of such mobs. Then it should be a really good rachel 1 turn-in event.

You were supposed to go to Floor 2 of Rachel Sanctuary for the Isilla. There were just as many Isilla's there compared to the amount of Vanberks in Floor 1.

#15 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

You were supposed to go to Floor 2 of Rachel Sanctuary for the Isilla. There were just as many Isilla's there compared to the amount of Vanberks in Floor 1.

Changing map through a random portal to finish the turn in is not efficient: waste of time , resources (manuels) and that lead to scaring parties away.

On the other hand Abyss 3 turn in was the best ever. Liked the exp-less monster feature.

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

Changing map through a random portal to finish the turn in is not efficient: waste of time , resources (manuels) and that lead to scaring parties away.

On the other hand Abyss 3 turn in was the best ever. Liked the exp-less monster feature.

It's called using a BWing, saving near an Eden Group NPC, going into Eden Group, and then going to the turn in. That normally took me less than 20seconds total to do. I'd love to hear your complaint about inefficiency when Detard ends up camping the door when all you could do was BWing, go into Eden, tele to Turn in.

The random portal for Rachel Sanctuary also never took me long. It's like using FWings when you can't find a mob. Just walk back and forth.

Edited by GuardianTK, 25 March 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#17 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thtat was the problem with it. it took some times 3 or 4 times thru the portal to get to the right floor. That slowed you down, just having to walk to the portal was another problem. it was just not good for people running HE's. They could have just upped the isilla on the first floor and made everyone happy.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

Thtat was the problem with it. it took some times 3 or 4 times thru the portal to get to the right floor. That slowed you down, just having to walk to the portal was another problem. it was just not good for people running HE's. They could have just upped the isilla on the first floor and made everyone happy.

There were Isillas on Floor 1 though. Normally I was averaging about 70~80 Isillas killed by the time I get 100 Vanberks on Floor 1. It doesn't take long to get the rest of the 40 or so kills on Floor 2.

#19 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

It's called using a BWing, saving near an Eden Group NPC, going into Eden Group, and then going to the turn in. That normally took me less than 20seconds total to do. I'd love to hear your complaint about inefficiency when Detard ends up camping the door when all you could do was BWing, go into Eden, tele to Turn in.

The random portal for Rachel Sanctuary also never took me long. It's like using FWings when you can't find a mob. Just walk back and forth.

If solo it wont be so much of a problem. But I was emphasizing about parties, then its not efficient. Look at it from a bigger picture =p

#20 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Removing the exp from the monster was a bad choice, it locked out the map to solo players and 2 persons parties.
Kill count is also unaffected by homunculus and mercenary kills making pointless also the use of them.

#21 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

- Didn't bother with Anubis, was a poor choice of map in the first place imo.
- Not high enough to try biolabs
- AL3 was mostly people from Delight KSing everyone non-stop, after seeing the experience I was getting from killing the garbage mobs there, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would have gotten more experience soloing it with experience turned on.
- Rachel Sanctuary had the spawns poorly balanced and I did not like the location of it. I mean, a sanctuary event is good, but they needed a good 'safe area' so that it was possible to set up buffslaves and stuff for it.

#22 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

There were Isillas on Floor 1 though. Normally I was averaging about 70~80 Isillas killed by the time I get 100 Vanberks on Floor 1. It doesn't take long to get the rest of the 40 or so kills on Floor 2.

I always get 20~40 Isilla for 100 Vanberk, doesn't get more than that with +20 turn in.

#23 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

Rachel sanc was good in theory, bad in practice for a few reasons:

Reason one: the portal fiasco. What made you think it was a good idea to have a turn in that is split not only between maps but split between maps that are separated by a portal that is randomized? No other turn in requires you to go to separate maps.

Reason two: Not getting EXP. This hurt a LOT of people, it wouldn't have mattered if reason one hadn't existed and you could get your kill counts all on level one. But when you have the choice of either playing the portal hop game or killing ~20-40 extra vanberks on level 1 to get your turn in it's not worth it ( and even if you go to level 2 where there are more isilla you are STILL losing EXP from killing "un-needed" vanberks ). This especially sucked for people who would party / solo there normally. A better option for rachel sanc would be just a plain old spawn event, the one spawn event you did there worked out pretty well. As an added bonus the original spawn event actually got people in share range partying there and learning how to play their characters TOGETHER rather than stacking 3 ABs, 2-3 RKs, maybe an RG or 2 and some misc. sorcs and other "weaker" killers and stuff like in AL3. Run this during an EXP event and people will share party there just like the first spawn event.

#24 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Here is my feedback:

Anubis - this seemed a bit slow. I enjoyed the Petite and Turtle Island turn-ins from the past more on my 70+ characters. Anubis felt very slow.

Removers / Rachel Sanctuary - both of these I tried on a 110+ character and it was much slower than Dragons. I ended up bailing and headed to dragons instead.

Dragons - This was the best experience I had and loved every second of this. GX seemed to have a hard time getting invites for stuff though. What can be done about situations like that?

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

If solo it wont be so much of a problem. But I was emphasizing about parties, then its not efficient. Look at it from a bigger picture =p

I have to emphasis that I did mention it was the "alternative to AL3" assuming you couldn't find a party there. Works best for people who solo.

@weasel: Maybe I was just lucky with the spawns then. :wub: My average was in truth really what I had mentioned. Around 70~80 Isilla at the moment I get 100 Vanberks on Floor 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users