March Turn-In event Feedback thread - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

March Turn-In event Feedback thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#26 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

Anubis - did not try

Removers
- tried briefly. The monster range on that map seems too diverse, as well as monster difficulty. The ratio of non-quest to quest monsters was too high. The turn-in quest was not implemented as requested.

Rachel Sanctuary - tried briefly. The lack of separate quests made this poor, such as from random portal between lv1 and 2 which made it anti-party. Many people use battle manuals; there isn't a battle manual pause button for the time wasted trying to get to the correct level.

Abyss Lake 3 - was here a lot, mostly in g-wing parties (and not in static-positioned ones). My experience was that full-size parties were generally less efficient than mid-sized ones. Party kill-count synchronization was lost through a number of reasons--disconnects from rapidly-used g-wings or other undetermined reasons, pullers being off-screen of kills, people that temporarily logged to save battle manual time (while others didn't), deaths, people turning-in early to make a battle manual. Full-size parties seemed to have higher probabilities of such synchronization issues, with battle manuals being the leading reason that pitted players against each other. Players seemed less likely to be accomodative, helpful, or party-minded when (depending on player and party) their battle manual time was either running at all or about to run out.

The teleport from eden group was a welcome feature, and allowed fast regrouping when some players died/were left behind (as well as the AL3 map being small and there being 100/200 kill-count options). On the whole, there was apparently a lot more grouping done during this most recent AL3 turn-in compared to the one previous which had mostly soloers. It's too bad, though, that there aren't more permanent environments in-game that reward party play. It's also too bad that there are so few viable places to gain exp at higher levels.

#27 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

next time limit it to max lvl of 140 so people learn to play their class once they get 150.

#28 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I actually agree that level requirements should have been stricter.

Properly address the issues with Bios and Rachel for instance, run the event again in the future, and put harder level requirements to encourage people to spread out and not all group together on one map.

#29 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

I would have liked it more if it was 150 vanberks/50 isillas to match the spawn on floor 1.

#30 Miaa

Miaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

I can only comment on Anubis, as it is the only one i tried.

As a side note to the other events, it would have been nice if there was a wider range of monsters for lower levelled players, or the level 100 cap was extended down to 99, so those of us having issues grinding those last job levels as trans would have had a significant help. Although it seems the game really isnt aimed at lower levelled players anymore, its all about the big guys, and the little ones are just forgotten about to get on with it.

Anubis was, as many other people have said, pretty much a waste of time. Even after the 2nd spawn increase there wasnt nearly enough of them, and the sheer amount of people jam packed into a reasonably small map with limited 'routes' through it meant competition for the monsters was tough and kill stealing was rife. I dont think i ever managed a turn in in under 45 mins, for me, solo grinding magmarings was better xp/hour. +1 for at least attempting to do something for the lower levelled players tho, even if it didnt work so well.

#31 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Locationon the Serinity
  • Server:Classic >_<

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

after spending time at Anubis, Vanberk&Isillia, and Abyss Lake these are my thoughts

I'd have to agree with everyone that Abyss was probably the "best turn in" during this event and i was for the monsters not giving exp. I mean yeah at first it seemed like a drag but in the long run i think it promoted more party combos plus gave anyone and everyone a chance to get into a party (well except for GXs at abyss they kinda got the crap end this event imo).
I do think there should have been at least one more location for non 3rd class characters to level. I mean anubis was great for exp but in the beginning before i believe you increased the spawn rate of the monsters it was a bit hectic.
For Vanberk&Isillia an increase on each map or a single turn in for either might have been better...but i can say from experience after a few test runs of it a party i was in was making the turn ins at Rachel insanely fast so it might have just needed an increase in spawn to help it along a bit faster.
Abyss cant say anything bad about it honestly, it was the place to 150 your character during the event and lots of people took advantage of it.

so yeah good event all around for 3rd classes not so sure about the non trans and trans classes but then again i heard it was going better after the increase in spawn at anubis (still think another location for turn ins for 70-120 would have been a good idea, anywho keep up the good work look forward to the next event you guys come up with xD

#32 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Anubis - I didn't step a pixel here, but I did see my brother play here and yet I saw how SLOOOOW it is, it was crap for low levels and should have been some other maps...

Vanberk/Isilla - Did not step a pixel here either.

Removers - Stepped a pixel here a couple of times since I mis-click a couple of times going to AL3, and each time there's a Bio monster that attacks me, lol.

AL3 - Speechless about how good this was. My guild helped a bunch and got me job levels and a base level. This is by far the best EXP, one thing is that Detard should be kept out of this map...

All in all, this was a good 2 weeks. The Eden group teleport was a GREAT touch to say the least.

#33 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

Anubis - I didn't step a pixel here, but I did see my brother play here and yet I saw how SLOOOOW it is, it was crap for low levels and should have been some other maps...

Vanberk/Isilla - Did not step a pixel here either.

Removers - Stepped a pixel here a couple of times since I mis-click a couple of times going to AL3, and each time there's a Bio monster that attacks me, lol.

AL3 - Speechless about how good this was. My guild helped a bunch and got me job levels and a base level. This is by far the best EXP, one thing is that Detard should be kept out of this map...

All in all, this was a good 2 weeks. The Eden group teleport was a GREAT touch to say the least.

Detard adds to the touch to the place. It keeps players who don't know how to avoid it out of there. Learn to avoid it or die. I don't want to see high leveled players who don't know how to play their characters out in PvM.

#34 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

Best thing was the Eden transporter. This should be done for every future event like this. Was real easy for people to get there and get back when things went south real quick so that a party wipe wouldn't mean the end of the party.

Anubis was okay at best... It was not the most ideal low level place. Some place like GH Courtyard (Dark Priests) would have been an excellent choice for getting pretty much most classes a chance to level either in a party or solo. Think it was just the spawns of Anubis that were just a bit meh. But, live and learn. Partying with friends was fun there at least.

Was really looking forward to Rachel Sanctuary but that dream quickly fell through. The imbalance of spawns really ruined it. This was such a great place to level solo or in a party back when it was triple spawned before but during the event, it was kinda sad... Separate turnins would have been the perfect quick-fix solution. Adjusting the spawns to make them more even would have been nice too. Or maybe just letting Vanberks be the target monster and letting the sporadic amount of Isilla retain their exp would have been more agreeable. But how it was executed was just sad and solutions for dealing with it didn't seem like something to really encouraging partying there especially since like every class could be an excellent killer there.

AL3 was definitely amazingly great. The amount of exp you got was really nice and lots of people were ready to party there. However, this place didn't really favor all classes equally (pretty much the same way it was pre-renewal). Geneticists were always the best killers with everyone else being kinda... pity invites.

It was an overwhelming 2 weeks with the choices of places to level, but it wasn't exactly great to have all of the turn-ins going on at once. The no exp thing hurt some places but didn't matter in others but it worked pretty okay.

#35 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

needed rachel at 90+ imo it would uncrowd anubis and prompt more people to do the quest etc

#36 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

- AL3 was mostly people from Delight KSing everyone non-stop

There were several gwing parties down there KSing on Ymir (everyone knows who they are so I won't drag their names in the mud here) that should have been temp banned for the duration of the event. I'm very disappointed by the lack of action taken by GMs. Their excuse: "It may have been accidental." The same crap happened during the last few ID3 events. I actually saw the GMs come down to AL3 one night but all they did was alert the offending party to their presence. The party magically improved their behavior for about an hour but got right back to business as usual after that.

To the GMs: If you're going to be firm and perma banning a guild like Insurrection for breaking the rules, then at least have the decency and gumption to be consistent so that you send a clear message to the community about what is and isn't tolerated. If KSing is now legal, then please remove it from the Terms of Service, I'd gladly harmonize those-_- heads and KS them. But then, I'd probably be banned for being vengeful, while they'd get away scott free for just being a-holes. :wub:

#37 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

I like the idea of not having exp for the monsters, but Anubis should have had it if anything.
Or having like 30% of normal monster exp (maybe only if you had Dragon Hat on)

Edited by Mosu, 27 March 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#38 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

I like the overall concept, but with class balance being what it is, I'd feel like deadweight on basically all of the classes I play. I'm just not much of a melee guy.

#39 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:37 PM

I would said, Anubis was a good option if you have new players learning how to play and that you want to level fast... on my case, I learned how to keep alive a full 12 people party who was actually fighting, everyone who knew me, know I suck big time as a priest.

I will say, also I knew from who I need to stay away on the future, too many bad priests on the future of Valk Y_Y... they were healing only themselves ._.U... hell I got a HP mad a me because I went to do my turn in X¬¬u I was buffing, healing and using magni/gloria/angelus like hell and she left the damn party die on 30 seconds. At least I meet good killers who will drop their parties to party with me since I was one of the few good HP on there...

AL: fast exp, the best... only problem I had was people complaining because we moved/we didn't move LOL, I didn't lag as bad but then too many lights and flashies weeeee @_@ <==forgot to turn off effects all the time

Rachel: only went there to ress people xD

Removers: xD no one said anything to me about it so never went

Edit: about people who doesn't learn how to play

There is something wrong when an AB level 107 can keep alive a party for one hour that a AB level 130 let die on 15 minutes

Edited by Kiryu, 27 March 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#40 ZhaoYun

ZhaoYun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

It was a good event it gave a chance for all Classes to be able to take advantage of theses quest.Granted no comparison with AL3 ,but not every class was able to get a party there,so instead of wasting your time waiting for a party to invite you, you could just go to Rachel and still be able to get some levels ,only if they would have split the turn-in or just have risen the spawn in 1 map would had make it pretty good.Still it gave everyone different options even for those that get bored easy doing the same over and over..Removers was just bad. I gave it a couple of tries but no comparison with AL3 or Rachel.Anubis well I think higher spawn wouldn't hurt.

#41 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

I liked that the exp was off, it gave support classes a chance to be useful.

Removers was terrible. The map was too big and the amount of removers too small.

Rachel Sanctuary could've been enjoyable to solo and chill out or do a small 2 man party, but it was too slow to even bother. The kill count amount could have been easily adjusted to 40 Isillas and 100 Vanberks and they would've finished at approximately the same time. Since you guys stubbornly decided to instead tell us to waste our time going through the portal a million times to try and get to level 2, which is incredibly huge so Isillas were still quite sparse, it was completely worthless.

Abyss was the best one, but there was a huge KSing problem. I think you guys should consider turning off Giant Fly Wings the next time you do an Abyss turn in, since KSing was so incredibly prominent and very hard to catch. It was also clear that the GMs decided to do nothing about it. The only major problem I had with KSing were Gwinging parties and they very much clearly did it on purpose. It was ridiculous.

Edited by Sapphic, 29 March 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#42 Candie

Candie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Actually I thought Anubis was just fine for Non-trans & trans classes. My char went from 82 to 99 trans w/o issue and got to job 70. Expecally when you guys tippled the spawn. However I say maybe not so good for 3rd class but maybe the first few lvls over 100. THE ONLY prob I saw down there was the retarded 12 party groups going down there when it wasnt needed. Thats why it was so bad as u had these large groups roaming the floor. Causing mass spawns in one corner of the room and no one can find crap.

Abyss Lake was good. Probably the best for your 3rd class's.

Did not do removers but Guildies basically said it was worthless

The Rach Turn ins would have been great if you just kept it too floor one and just upped the Isilla spawn so that it was even with Vanberks. Or made it two different turn in quests.

#43 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

Map layout makes all the difference when it comes to turn in events. If you look at the feedback from the community over the last few events, the most popular ones are on open maps that have a circular layout with few dead ends.

Anubis: The main problem was the annoying map and the relatively low spawn rate. In the future, I would suggest changing the target monster to Dark Priests and make it 100/200 turn in at the center cross.

Rachel: I think if it was only vanberks, this place would have been more popular. I think this event should have been changed to allow level 99s to participate to get the job exp for Job 70.

Removers: Didn't try because it couldn't have been better than AL3.

#44 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

best party i had at anubis consist of a tanker (not killer), healer and range killers (archer/mage class). with this setup, almost everyones kill count is the same. the worst was melee killers who can one hit and dont wait for rest of party.

#45 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:59 AM

Honestly I don't see why people were complaining about Anubis. Maybe it was different on other servers.

Valkyrie player here, and it was the best exp I ever got. Started playing in beta, quit for years, came back about a year ago, and got my first trans character ever from anubis, along with several other levels for other characters in the 90's.

Due to the 0 exp idea for anubis, finding parties was very easy. 100 anubis is a very small turn in, and with the hat (which is tradable so accessible) it was very good exp.

My only issue is I wonder if it was too easy.

#46 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

My only issue is I wonder if it was too easy.

Leveling from 1 > 99 for a dedicated geared chara is about 2~3 days. Unless anubii took two hours or so, I dun think it could be too fast or too easy.

Dragons was awesome for looking parties. Removing the exp from the targets made finding killers easy, but we could use an increased turn in exp so killers get some benefit too.

I'm not sure about anubii, because I didn't visit there.

Rachel would have been nice, if the turn ins were separate, like when you made a gold acidus and a blue acidus separated turn in. Combined turn in requirements are okish for quests and one time killcount events, for repeated killcounts like the last event, combining both targets in a single quest just slows down the turn in.

Biolabs was a poor setup. Quoting my guildleader... "heim misunderstood my ticket where i asked what kind of event could we ask for and i gave the example of bios, apparently they re already working on scripts for bios. I'm asking for info to see what parts of my suggestions are they gonna implement.. but its not easy to communicate with heim =x. in lvl 1, there should be around 300 removers and i asked for an npc for turn ins. those monsters are undead so any class can kill them. Lvl 2 will maybe have 1-2 turn in but lots of monsters so good for soloinn or small parties. Lvl 3 i know won't have a spawn event but heim might ve put an npc for a turn in maybe for a couple of monsters."

Half making the quest, not removing the native first classes from removers floor, and difficulties on communicating... hopefully, next events aren't rushed in the middle of forums being down.

In my opinion for turn ins, dragons was well setup, but strangely it didn't feel like an event. I mean, I know it was extremely superfast compared to my previous leveling methods, but seeing that even with dedicated chaneled HE turn ins with dragonhat bonus, each turn in was like 5% or so... I wish this was the speed of normal big partying, and events were faster than this.

After the event, I was a 145 FS bishop, with some HE manual time left. So, I thought I should level a bit for those minutes. So, went to a DB, searched for suitable targets and... surprise!
There are no monsters in your range. Well, the best target is acidus, which is holy so you can't kill it, silly bishop. And it's 15 levels below you. "Well, anyways, I'll poke some hillwinds with a merc, that is the only thing my nerfed merc from renewal can kill". Surprise! Before, hillwinds gave you like 3k exp. now, your wonderful renewal make them give you like 300 exp each with HE manual on... realty strikes hard after the events ^^;

Overall, it was a fun start and a nice pause to forget about renewal problems, will wait until next event to try to level or play anything xP.

#47 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

best party i had at anubis consist of a tanker (not killer), healer and range killers (archer/mage class). with this setup, almost everyones kill count is the same. the worst was melee killers who can one hit and dont wait for rest of party.

That's the thing. Because the melee can one shot, they don't need anyone else.
Nukers? Why bother? Nothing will be alive when the cast bar fills.
Healers? Why bother? Melee will barely take a potion's worth of damage before killing.
Support? Melee already one shot, what more can they possibly want?

That's pretty much Renewal in a nutshell: You're a melee killer, or you're baggage.

#48 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

I loved them. All 2 hrs I got to play before I moved and before I got internet again :o

#49 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Well i loved it just that i was in AL3 about 2 days cause anubis didn't give enough exp to lvl

#50 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'm a little late to this but, my experience wasn't so good for 2 reasons:

1) My best guild members keep talking about their parties with inception that get them 4 turn ins of 200 per HE BM.
2) My guildies rather do that than help the rest of the guild who not as good as them, understandably but still, not pleasant.
3) I had limited ime to play and sometimes it take 2 hours to get party and after that 2 hours i had to leave.
4) I gave up on party thing due to my time issues so I soloed as I play RG.
5) I fought to get 2 turn ins on 1 HE BM because those same Inception parties were ksing ever RG they saw.
6) It didn't help when my guildy told me that on inception vent they were like "RG on the right", "RG on the left, get him" (STINKING THIEVES) A man trying his hart out and that what you gonna do to him? Some people....

Only Dragons made sense, cuz of the spawn, map structure and system. by System i mean, Vanberk and Isilla didn't have two quest, it gave less Exp and it was slower to get kills due to map structure and spawn amount.
So yea, that's my account. The wait was never worth it for me, the ONE time i made a successful party I invited my guildy who is a GX and he managed to get at least 1 level off the event since no one ever wants to invite Assassin class in Dragons. The road of assassin TRULY IS a long, cold, lonely one, cant help a party, can't kill tougher MvPs have to try SUPER hard to do what others do effortlessly, sigh. I managed to get 10 levels due to my soloing. but I expected a lot more. Not a good experience a all for me, i'd have preferred no turn ins and just triple spawn, that way there's no one to ks me and i can freely benefit from the event. I think the best thing for the future is to vary the events to make each class have a chance to shine. So maybe one time it's dragons, then see who suffered, and make an EQUALLY REWARDING event for another monster which the outcast class can shine in, outcast meaning most rejected classes of Dragon event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users