How long would it take on Ymir? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How long would it take on Ymir?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hello all. I'm a new player to Ragnarok, starting only about 2 or so weeks ago. I picked Valkyrie as a sampler, and it turned out to be a huge mistake. Let me just say I enjoy the game, I love the graphics, and especially the music. However, being on Valkyrie makes me not even want to log in anymore. It was fine for the first 70 or so levels, but now that I am 90+, manners of people in general have just gotten worse and worse.

How long does it normally take to reach 90+ in Ymir, starting from total scratch, with the population/community there? I don't have much, but I do have enough to pay the Transcending fee. I don't know when server transfers are going to be open again, and it could be a while. I *want* to play this game but the community on this particular server is a big turn off for me.

I'm doing Magmaring map and get KSed about 1/4 of the time. I could make a collage out of the screenshots I have of KSers, and about 25% of the patches would be based on 1 Rune Knight there. From what I've read elsewhere, the GMs don't seem to be harsh at all, so my only option is to get out of Valkyrie.

One person even went as far as to follow me, do a laughing face emote, then Clashing Spiral after I started attacking a Magmaring. I got almost no credit, and then they did that emote again and ran off. Yes, I get it. You're a strong 3rd classer and I'm a lowly Alchemist and first time player, using Eden Gear. So impressive.

#2 KmXSrd

KmXSrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

Let me guess.. Kim Su Bin?

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

If you transfer to ymir come look up my guild, we will be happy to lend you a helpin ghand and give youa guild to lvl woe mvp and have general fun with.

#4 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:10 AM

You sum all the bad experience of valkyrie in one single map? Magmarings is the only map where you'll be Ksed basicly... from 100-150 you'll be all alone soloing non stop... I think you're being too exagerated... Everyone has been ksed and we just move on, no point of being stuck in the past. You think people don't KS in premiums? Hahaha, dream on.

Edited by iiNote, 26 March 2011 - 06:11 AM.

#5 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

from novice 1 to Mastersmith 99 in 2 days or so~ i still need 3 jobs xD

#6 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

You sum all the bad experience of valkyrie in one single map? Magmarings is the only map where you'll be Ksed basicly... from 100-150 you'll be all alone soloing non stop... I think you're being too exagerated... Everyone has been ksed and we just move on, no point of being stuck in the past. You think people don't KS in premiums? Hahaha, dream on.

Actually, I said 1-70 was fine and actually pleasant. But then again, there weren't many people on those maps, and there were a lot more maps for the lower ranges than the upper ranges. It's not just Magmarings, I've been KSed on other fields too, such as Veins 03, which was also quite bad. Grand Pecos was a little annoying, but the map was so large that I could just go to some other section and do my thing. Magmaring map however, is small and it's only a matter of time before you see them again and have to deal with it over and over. I let it slide, but when you keep doing that, and it keeps happening, it's only a matter of time before things come to a boil.

I've met a handful of nice people on Valkyrie, such as PsyOps (or something close to that) and on Magmarings map no less. However for every nice person there, there seems to be more bots. Bots are just another reason I want to leave, but doesn't really pertain to the topic so I will not comment much more on them.

KSing may exist on Ymir but I'd rather deal with a population in the hundreds that may actually be real players than Valkyrie's 2000+ and who knows how many are bots. It sucks because on forums, Valkyrie players are quite nice and helpful. But the in-game environment of Valkyrie is kind of the opposite.

Let me guess.. Kim Su Bin?

Yes, he's definitely one of them. Also a pair of Soul Linkers, random Assassins (or that branch of classes, I don't recognize the sprites well enough yet), but mostly him or random RKs there in general. I've had like 1-2 actually say sorry in which I would tell them no big deal and then carry on. Those 1-2 never did it again unlike the rest.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

If you transfer/start on ymir and your only big issue is the transcending fee(leveling isn't too bad really up to 99) I'll toss you the zeny for it :3

#8 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hello again, thanks to everyone who responded. I appreciated all the feedback, be it positive or negative.

I've decided to restart on Ymir. If I can get my Alchemist back to 97 before they open transfers, then great, no need to pay for a transfer. If I can't, then I will bring her over here. Either way I'm having a great time with the game...even Valkyrie had it's cool moments.

If you transfer/start on ymir and your only big issue is the transcending fee(leveling isn't too bad really up to 99) I'll toss you the zeny for it :3

Thanks very much for the offer. I think it's too large of a sum for me to accept though. I'll earn my way up. We all had to at one time.

If you ever see a Merchant named Doremi, feel free to say hi. :wub:

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

I think you would enjoy Ymir more. If you have the weekend free, you could 99 in one day, especially since double exp is approaching.

Edited by Myzery, 26 March 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Don't feel bad about accepting it, Viri probably has well over 100mil, and you likely could put that ~1mil to better use than him.

#11 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

Don't feel bad about accepting it, Viri probably has well over 100mil, and you likely could put that ~1mil to better use than him.

Believe me, after what just happened to me, I can't accept anything from anyone on this server for like...eternity lol. I've had 4 people my first day here help me in-game. Someone helped me well beyond my wildest imagination. Let's just say I don't have to worry about Eden gears anymore. :wub:

To that person, thank you, I'm stunned. To everyone else, your gestures of good will is very much appreciated.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

As a player from Valk, I gotta agree that you'll love the community in Ymir better than Valk. I'll have to admit it's normally a pretty harsh environment when you have to live with asses and bots combined.

My worry is: Will the switch to F2P affect Ymir's nicer community? o;

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

My worry is: Will the switch to F2P affect Ymir's nicer community? o;

Not if all the Valkyrie players stay on Valkyrie.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Not if all the Valkyrie players stay on Valkyrie.

You never know man. ._.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

You never know man. ._.

Well, think about it. Since iRO doesn't do any aggressive advertising, the game is mostly dependent on word of mouth to get new players. Considering a lot of people got their start on Valkyrie, chances are any new player we get would likely gravitate towards Valkyrie since they were lured by their friends. On the other hand, Ymir's population mainly consists of veteran players, which means a smaller margin of friend referrals.

Then you've got a more active population going on Valkyrie compared to Ymir. Combine that with Yggdrasil as Valkyrie Part 2 and I find it highly unlikely Ymir's community will be that drastically changed. Players transferring to Ymir from Valkyrie like this seem to be a once-in-a-blue moon kind of deal.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 March 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

Well, think about it. Since iRO doesn't do any aggressive advertising, the game is mostly dependent on word of mouth to get new players. Considering a lot of people got their start on Valkyrie, chances are any new player we get would likely gravitate towards Valkyrie since they were lured by their friends. On the other hand, Ymir's population mainly consists of veteran players, which means a smaller margin of friend referrals.

Then you've got a more active population going on Valkyrie compared to Ymir. Combine that with Yggdrasil as Valkyrie Part 2 and I find it highly unlikely Ymir's community will be that drastically changed. Players transferring to Ymir from Valkyrie like this seem to be a once-in-a-blue moon kind of deal.

That's a relief to hear then.

#17 pixiecard

pixiecard

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

I just wanted to say - I started playing again last week and so far I never got killstealed on Ymir on purpose. And if it happens by accident, people apologize right away -_-

#18 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

I'm still new as well, started... well now it's nearly a year ago ^^ but with few time to actual play you could say I only spent 2-3 month on iRO now.
I'm stunned by the community, overall, very friendly from what I can say.
And I'm not alone.
I'm still in contact with other, german, former euRO players who're playing on Ymir now. They all agree. Everyone is just blown away by the community.
I'm glad that I never tried one of the other server XD

...and I kinda feel strange that I began every sentence with "I'm" .... o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users