New to Commander class, would like a little feedback - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New to Commander class, would like a little feedback

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oswin

Oswin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

Commander Build - 79
I just recently hit 55 with my Commander, liking the class a lot so far. ^ That's the build I'm looking at going for. Main focus of it will be Solo/Duo Grinding with enough points and a little DNA to hop into Theme Battle or SvS when they're available. I'm using that as a template to build up to as I level. Keeping the DNA in the Defense points until I get my gear over the 2700 Defense cap then I'll re-DNA into 5-Potens Rush 10-Swift Beam Slash 5-One Handed Weapon Mastery Intensification and 5-Extended Moonlight Slash.

Any feedback, tips, advice or anything else you're willing to offer would be much appreciated. Thanks

#2 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

only need 4 points in quick attack if you use sword

adamant mind needs to be level 10

i only have 2 points in slow as i dont use it much

i only have 5 points in face strike

i have stun maxed and even then it misses some.

The defense DNA is kinda pointless as at endgame you will have over 3k and more doesnt really make a difference.

Swift beam is nice for instant beam

try maxing 1h weapon mastery.

i usually put 2 points in each of the aoe DNA to increase the range so it hits all 4 targets always.

Edited by Commander, 26 March 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#3 Oswin

Oswin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

I have 6 points in Quick Attack because I plan on using a Bludgeon for AA and a little more MND for mana. I don't plan on being a skill spammer or I would have put 4 and used a sword. I only put 9 into Adamant Mind because that's all that's needed to get the stun resist. I have both 5 points in Chain of Restraint and 7 in Face Strike because I had spare points since I didn't invest 12 in Onslaught. And I'm only using the Defense DNAs until I hit 79 and get enough gear to have it covered passively. And I may move a full 10 points into One Handed Weapon Mastery Intensification instead of splitting 5 between that and Extended Moonlight Slash.

#4 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

the build that i use now : http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,6,0,0,2,0,0
its work for me very well on pvp/pve

i'm a commie 79 , so some advices
the build i recomend you :http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=79#79,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,6,10,0,5,9,10,1,1,4,1,10,5,5,7,7,10,0,6,0,0,0,0,0,6,0,0,0,0,5,0,0,8,0,0,0,0,0
you need to have one handed weapon mastery dna at 6 ( cuz from 5+ 28 to + 6 68 is a realy big jump)
just put 1 point on beam slash and 5 on dna more than this is a waste for me
you need to put adamant mind on lvl 10 cuz you will be less vunerable
you can drop points from bomerang sword (i use lvl 1 cuz the additional damage is crap) since you will be AA build and put on shield strike like i did , and i'll not change that on my build

#5 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

Like EvilClaws mentions above, 1-h mastery DNA should be at least 6, and not stop at 5 since you get a significant bonus in attack power.

One other thing I would like to say, do not underestimate your defence. Even with high level plate armour, which will provide lots of def, having more is not a bad idea. One more time, the "2700 def cap" is a MYTH. And, unless you are never ever going to tank anything, more defence is certainly beneficial. Really, a lot more important if you actually plan on doing tanking and raids. I have personally invested heavily on all defence skills and relevant DNA, and this has served me very well indeed (lol, I am starting to be a bit famous about my solid def and so, even if I am no Prot, obviously).

Adamant mind is of paramount importance, should be maxed at all costs. Face strike is very useful, especially so in PvP, but also helps a lot in PvE. Chain of restraint could be completely ignored, kept just at lvl 1, or maxed, depending on your specific needs (from extreme PvE to extreme PvP orientation). I like Boomerang a lot as a skill, since it recharges quick, does decent damage, has DoT and affects 4 targets. I would invest points until the DoT value starts to drop (at lvl 6).

#6 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

I have personally invested heavily on all defence skills and relevant DNA, and this has served me very well indeed (lol, I am starting to be a bit famous about my solid def and so, even if I am no Prot, obviously).

sorry, i am Famous.

#7 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

sorry, i am Famous.

Yup, on a parallel Universe. We worship different gods in gung-ho server, haha! -_-

#8 Lakota

Lakota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Location....the abyss

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

Mew... Another alternative for more PvP than PvE (though it works fine enough in PvE if you reinforced your weapons to something ridiculous) is the build I run around on. I made it more out for fun XD

Kai's Playtime Build!

I'd recommend moving those DNA points I have in Rush into 1-Hand Mastery at least to 6 and dropping the extra pt into Extended Moonlight for more PvE/Grind. (I like Rush/Shield Strike-Face Strike ppl a lot. I get my cheap thrill from it.)

PS. I noticed you put DNA into Survival Instinct. Yes, HP is something you'd like a lot of, but don't worry about trying to achieve it in Skills. As you level, your CON will grow w/ you and then it is just a matter of picking a armor set w/ CON and Enchanting Jewels to push beyond the normal 6k hp. Mine is at 10k+ hp w/ +10 FoC and +14 SL ID set (ha, no reinforced jewels here!) with 5/6 HP Enchants.

Edited by Lakota, 11 May 2011 - 06:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users