Potting Ales: Predictions? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Potting Ales: Predictions?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

It's obvious everyone's farming Ales for future use and practically hoarding them all. I take it every server is so saturated with them now to the point the Green Ales cost less than it would to pot your way back to 100% HP/SP using brewed potions if you're a 3rd class. Yggs are also worthless now as a result of it. So why bother keeping them from castle drops? I encountered way too many people today in WoE who felt so comfortable potting Ales like they were candy. There will eventually be a point when people will feel the need to be more conservative.

My question is: How long do you guys think it'll take to get to the point people have regularly used Green Ales enough to where they'll start to inflate again?

The price level in question is where it would make brewing potions even worth it again. It also worries me when classes with high HP mod use them during WoE. Unless you 1-shot them or have more than one person kill a single target, you're not going to ever kill them with the vast amounts of Ales out there.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

People are gonna try and rejack up the prices day 1 after the event. Guaranteed.

#3 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

People are gonna try and rejack up the prices day 1 after the event. Guaranteed.

+1000

also today i woed againts a 4 player guild and the guild where i am couldnt handle them all (we were 24) and even being 6:1 they got the chance to multi-status us all and finish off with Gfist on each. its obvius they were using ales like crazy =S i hope the ales run out fast so we can start having a more "fair" woe.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Because it's terrible hard to hunt them, it's so "unfair"

#5 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Ales were just made too easy to obtain through this St. Patricks event to be honest. Ales should NEVER be so abundant in supply that they replace regular potions as a whole. It costs me roughly 35-40 ranked condensed whites from red bar to full health or I could just pop 2 ales and get full sp too at a cheaper price. With reduced woe damages and infini-ales (also 1/10 the weight of it's ygg counterpart lol) just comes down to who can carry the most ales in some cases.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Screw Zeny. Green Ale is the new currency of iRO.

#7 RaiveWindDreamer

RaiveWindDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

ROFL
+10000000

#8 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

True fact. Revamped half my gears with pure green ale trades, and the other half with the zeny I made from green ales.

#9 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

It's obvious everyone's farming Ales for future use and practically hoarding them all. I take it every server is so saturated with them now to the point the Green Ales cost less than it would to pot your way back to 100% HP/SP using brewed potions if you're a 3rd class. Yggs are also worthless now as a result of it. So why bother keeping them from castle drops? I encountered way too many people today in WoE who felt so comfortable potting Ales like they were candy. There will eventually be a point when people will feel the need to be more conservative.

My question is: How long do you guys think it'll take to get to the point people have regularly used Green Ales enough to where they'll start to inflate again?

The price level in question is where it would make brewing potions even worth it again. It also worries me when classes with high HP mod use them during WoE. Unless you 1-shot them or have more than one person kill a single target, you're not going to ever kill them with the vast amounts of Ales out there.

QQ harder. it happens EVERY year with ales, its just much easier to get them this year. all most events give a worthwhile item or equipment that is generally great for use (purple cowboy hat, CoD, ales, ygg berries) while you can readily get them? yes they will be spammed in woe. when they arent and your down to 200? then no prolly not... same as having ygg berries/seed to spam

#10 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

Apparently none of you were there for the original ale event. There were snakes in all towns, 10-20 per map. It was 1 coin = 1 ale, and 100% drop rate. Respawn was instant. You didn't even have to do a quest first. I remember making an easy 9 mil from just running laps around Geffen. (9 mil back when a phen card cost 4, so probably 50ish in modern z)

Prices were back to standard ygg levels a month later. I remember seeing roughly zero complaints on the forums (although granted, it was that crappy forum with the 255 character post limit that few actually used).

These kind of events are pretty much the only reason non-WoE players have any ability to participate in the market at all, and they're great for that reason. Yes, they will *temporarily* make crafted pots not worth selling, but that's why they run this sort of event only 1-3 times per year.

Edited by Mwrip, 27 March 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#11 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

I'm banking on the Green Ales getting my next 1bil for my funds x_x

#12 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

the woe after the event ends is where prices will go back up, id only expect about a 10-15% increase each week though because of how saturated the market is.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Apparently none of you were there for the original ale event. There were snakes in all towns, 10-20 per map. It was 1 coin = 1 ale, and 100% drop rate. Respawn was instant. You didn't even have to do a quest first. I remember making an easy 9 mil from just running laps around Geffen. (9 mil back when a phen card cost 4, so probably 50ish in modern z)

Prices were back to standard ygg levels a month later. I remember seeing roughly zero complaints on the forums (although granted, it was that crappy forum with the 255 character post limit that few actually used).

These kind of events are pretty much the only reason non-WoE players have any ability to participate in the market at all, and they're great for that reason. Yes, they will *temporarily* make crafted pots not worth selling, but that's why they run this sort of event only 1-3 times per year.

Yeah...I wasn't here for that. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif;; It just seemed so much easier to farm Ales this year than the last.

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Umm... I'm sure this year has been the easiest year to farm ales ever:

The events prior this event that I remember, the exchange rate was much lower (about 1 ale per 5 silver coins, and 1 ale for 1 silver coin, if I recall correctly), where now we have triple the reward for gold coins and quintuple that reward for gold coins (and 1 ale for 10 bronze coins, which doesn't drop this year?).

Added to that, the snakes are all crowded in two or three maps, so it is easy to mob kill them. Also, back in the first event, we didn't have gum or HE gum, so again, triple or so higher drop rate... and if I recall correctly, the snakes were plant monsters, so killing them was slower too...

Compared with the last year though, the ale reward is amazing: last year you got like 25 ales after killing like 500 monsters in 2 killcounts. Nothing compared to the 2000+ ales per hour right now if you wing with HE gum ^^,

Luckily, unlike the previous years where you had to go through several dialogues to turn in like 10 ales each time, the GMs made the turn in easier by instantly turning in as many coins as you are carrying xP.

Edited by Kadnya, 27 March 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#15 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

So much ale I'm going to need to start wearing my Pirate Eye Patch soon...

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Lol

http://forums.irowik...293#post1051293

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lol

http://forums.irowik...293#post1051293

That's hilarious. xD

#18 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

Nothing compared to the 2000+ ales per hour right now if you wing with HE gum ^^,

2000+ per hour? I can't imagine that is possible. I get around 1400 ales/hour and the majority of that hour is already spent on clicking coins. Do you use greed scrolls? =O

I assume people will burn through the green ales in a month's time. Right now, the price is cheaper than mastelas and white pots. Personally, I use ales instead of pots right now cause they're so cheap. Might as well enjoy them while we have the luxury.

#19 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

People are just getting antsy about it because of how starsand saturated the slim pot market, ales are pretty much just temporary though. Prices for ales and ygg's will be back to normal in a few months.

At best I could get 1600 ales, but I have a decently high ping as well so I could well see someone closer getting a higher rate since they waste less time waiting to pick stuff up etc. I could see 2000+ being possible with an optimised char on a great connection.

Edited by Hrothmund, 27 March 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#20 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

there's a certain area where snakes are almost instant spawn in a low amount of space which would make that number easy to achieve, well even in places like hugel with constant winging that number is achievable

#21 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

account limit is 30k, most players wont bother getting 30k ales, the one who mass horde them would have a years surply or so... 1hit ko or u cant kill :wub:

#22 tunwaia

tunwaia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDreamland( aka Canada )
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

Wow! I realize alot of the characters that have like 46k hp will definitely benifit in woe from the ales.. at the same time if we are all making them we have the same advantage.. if they want to eat them like candy.. great they will run out sooner then the rest of us... personally I am not out to make zeny off em.. its to save zeny. I would much rather use them for leveling and mvping then for woe... not like you loose exp in woe, and if the big guys can one shot us anyways no time to use our ales! So to all the big guys , use up those ales in woe! by the time I am 150 you will have run out of em =DDDDD. Try to think positive!

#23 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

not rly

#24 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit