This lag is so F'd up - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This lag is so F'd up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Only lags while im killing mobs. Lag goes away I have less than 10% HP left. Flywing has cast time now cuz of the lag. Boom there goes 3%

#2 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

thought i was the only one, can't even hunt ales efficiently anymore. Used to get 300-400 but the past 2 days i've been getting barely 200 cause of the lag

#3 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Only lags while im killing mobs.
Flywing has cast time now cuz of the lag.
Boom there goes 3%

You almost wrote a haiku.

Even the forums seem to be massively lagging. According to a tracert though, I'm getting and 80-90 ping with no packet loss though, so I have no idea what the problem is.

#4 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

server its self maybe..., Not like tracerts ever really proved anything, wait till f2p happens the lag well most likely double and never be fixed either. I can tell you my pings are general 40ms or lower until it hits NTT server (129.250.3.55) in which case they all double the ping at a minimum (120ms or higher) and the NTT servers still have random packet lose(204.1.253.102 has atlest 14% lose), that was promised to be fixed by NTT to Gravity, but apparntly has not been. I think its best to expect more of the same at best or even more lag at worse.

I honestly wonder if NTT is actual better then Congetco some times.

Edited by Puppet, 28 March 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

Sue NTT for their inefficiency and bad customer support.

#6 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Sue NTT for their inefficiency and bad customer support.

that would be like asking gravity to do something constructive to actual help make the game better, which they tend to fail at, Tho they succeed at milking the game for money and making things worse for the game all at the same time.

#7 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Flywing has cast time now cuz of the lag.

that's sad

and lol @ haiku

#8 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Only lags while im killing mobs. Lag goes away I have less than 10% HP left. Flywing has cast time now cuz of the lag. Boom there goes 3%

That could be your computer lags. As you stated that you only lag when you are killing mob. It can be both as well.

#9 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

HAHAHAHA

Indeed!!. Lol @ haiku!!

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

I've been getting no lag.

Take a tracert when lagging (see faq), and, if you can catch the bad network behavior, send the tracert to the gms via support.warpportal.com.

Try using a service like lowerping.com or wtfast.com; they will help you get around lag caused by routing problems, which is the cause of the majority of lag.

Also, are you using wireless? WiFi will sometimes do that depending on external conditions (there's one person who got disconnected when the street sweeper went by, which shows you how sensitive wireless can be). Wireless is, generally speaking, not suitable for gaming.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 March 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#11 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

I have been seeing a number of latency reports, and while I do believe that there will always be some degree of "pause" when playing from a network location, I do know that you have your average gameplay baseline and then the "lag" time baseline.

So please don't take what I say as a statement of I don't believe you, or as busy work for you to do.

Truly Tracerts help, as we can identify where you are coming from, even if it doesn't show mass packet loss.

And if you can give us the ip you have (whatismyip.com) and the exact PST time it is (shown on the WarpPortal) it can help us check our logs if anything odd shows up.

Right now the world networks are a mess due to the Pacific ocean lines being impacted by the earthquake and tsunami, but it does not necessarily cause your particular issue.

I've seen over 5 reports today, 3 I know are US persons and shouldn't be Pacific line impacted, but I need data to make a proper call on that.

Forums are lagged due to the encryption and us not yet optimizing the DB for the forum, it will improve as time goes on.
The support tool was recently updated, and is in a similar case.

LIkely there is some tweaking in our internal network we need to do, on those support sites (Forums, blog, websites, support tools).

#12 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

Yeah the lag really got on my nerves tonight whilst I was trying to do the Ranger quest, had to only attack the monsters named "poring" but to do that I had to hover over the monsters to let the name appear and even that was lagging. Wouldn't of been a problem if there wasnt a 5 second round limit. for 20 rounds!!

#13 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Heim juz posted 40 extra posts...sigh....look at his post count LOL

On topic : fly wing ALWAYS had a cast time for me =\,guess i ll blame tht on my crappy pc rather than lags tho...

#14 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Yeah the lag really got on my nerves tonight whilst I was trying to do the Ranger quest, had to only attack the monsters named "poring" but to do that I had to hover over the monsters to let the name appear and even that was lagging. Wouldn't of been a problem if there wasnt a 5 second round limit. for 20 rounds!!

There's a good pattern for this part on the Wiki guide.

I've been getting some major lag spikes too in GH and Rachel Sanc on Ymir.

#15 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

There's a good pattern for this part on the Wiki guide.

I've been getting some major lag spikes too in GH and Rachel Sanc on Ymir.

Yeah I came across it and put it to good use, sat there for 10 minutes repeating the patterns in my head so I didnt forget -_-

#16 AsuraStrike

AsuraStrike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationJust a RO Player passing through
  • Server:RO1 - Chaos, RO2 - Odin

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

i get 'paused' for a while, the next thing i knew, the mobs and others were all flying around like nuts

#17 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

I was getting bad lag spikes and packet loss from Tata Communications and NTT when running pingplotter last night.

#18 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

You almost wrote a haiku.

Even the forums seem to be massively lagging. According to a tracert though, I'm getting and 80-90 ping with no packet loss though, so I have no idea what the problem is.

0.o was not intentional. But yeah I was wondering if VISTA has some sort of problem with lag. I was using my parent's Desktop with Windows XP home edition (wireless connection) less lag. I use my Vista Laptop same connection and wireless, lags like LADHLASDBSKDLAF.

Also, seemed like all my friends on Valkyrie seems to have lag problems... So I decided to farm some coins instead of level, and HOLY COW THE COINS DROPPING HAS CAST TIME AND CAST DELAY FOR ME TO PICK IT UP.

#19 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

I have been seeing a number of latency reports, and while I do believe that there will always be some degree of "pause" when playing from a network location, I do know that you have your average gameplay baseline and then the "lag" time baseline.

So please don't take what I say as a statement of I don't believe you, or as busy work for you to do.

Truly Tracerts help, as we can identify where you are coming from, even if it doesn't show mass packet loss.

And if you can give us the ip you have (whatismyip.com) and the exact PST time it is (shown on the WarpPortal) it can help us check our logs if anything odd shows up.

Right now the world networks are a mess due to the Pacific ocean lines being impacted by the earthquake and tsunami, but it does not necessarily cause your particular issue.

I've seen over 5 reports today, 3 I know are US persons and shouldn't be Pacific line impacted, but I need data to make a proper call on that.

Forums are lagged due to the encryption and us not yet optimizing the DB for the forum, it will improve as time goes on.
The support tool was recently updated, and is in a similar case.

LIkely there is some tweaking in our internal network we need to do, on those support sites (Forums, blog, websites, support tools).

Posted Image

East coast to West

129.250.4.148 and 129.250.2.9 are the only NTT servers that has a nice ping , every jump after the IP129.250.2.9 is NTT servers or your servers and they all pretty much double the ping at minimum and of the NTT servers 204.1.253.102 is the only one atm that is having random packet lose. Next time I notice it having packet lose I will post another screenshot, unless you prefer I send em directly to you

Edited by Puppet, 29 March 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#20 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

Game lags at times even today ! So sad :(

#21 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

You lagged so hard your post finally came through roughly 4 years and 7 months later.

#22 Lionelz

Lionelz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:11 AM

:p_swt:

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:22 AM

This was an accomplishment necro =V

#24 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

whyyyyy

#25 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:30 AM

the server is so lag I cannot flywing instantly in mid TI yesterday. GIVE ME BACK MY PRECIOUS 3% EXP or I wont buy wing of fly anymore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users